Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKelly- What Happen About Getting Fountains Fixed?? Updated to Add List on First Post

Comments

• Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited September 2013
    Of course I didn't forget about you all! We're still working through some complications, but I still plan on delivering good news in the near future. Once again...thank you for your patience!

Thank you,
    That is very encouraging to hear :D

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited September 2013
    Of course I didn't forget about you all! We're still working through some complications, but I still plan on delivering good news in the near future. Once again...thank you for your patience!

Ahh, ok I feel better now! :mrgreen: As always, I (we) thank you so much for trying to resolve this for us!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 2013
    I second that. Thank you and the team working on this issue for beeing somewhere out there and trying to get over the complications, SG Kelly. :thumbup:

*Sending you and the team good vibrations for inspirations* :wink:
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2013
    Has it been fixed yet..too lazy to scroll through allllll these pages,I really want to purchase the Japanese fountain thing :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Has it been fixed yet..too lazy to scroll through allllll these pages,I really want to purchase the Japanese fountain thing :D

:lol::lol: Not yet Rinoa, SGKelly just gave us a update saying they are still working on it, but expects to be giving us good news soonish
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    z9s3v7z9s3v7 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Just want to support the cause. The Fish Hero Planter not working in IP was a huge let down. Boo!
  • Options
    SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Bumping, bumping~ :lol:
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited September 2013

Just...smiling. Smiling widely!
    th?id=H.4598768666675303&w=207&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7
  • Options
    Zylox9Zylox9 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I read this thread for the first time last night. I agree that we need a fix for these issues, so *bump*

Also, thank you SimGuruKelly for keeping us up to date on this.

edit: spelling :roll:
  • Options
    Zylox9Zylox9 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited September 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Hate to be a pain in the beeehind, but I still have fountains that do not work aka... no animations. Ontop of that, I just purchased Morocco Mystique and realized that this fountain has no animations either! :evil:

krimsonnox had started this thread
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/596949.page
    and on the 6th post down you stated that it would be looked into... that was three months ago. Is there a status update to this issue??

UPDATE: List of fountains with no animations

Store fountains
    Tropical Fountain- Tiki Outdoor Set
    Morroccan Oasis- Morrocco Mystique Set
    Poseidon's Fury- Bucaneer's Bounty Set
    Fun Time For Kraken- Bucaneer's Bounty Set
    Tranquil Trickle Fountain- Zen Again Set
    Faire Frog Fountain- Faire Folk Outdoors
    Fountain of the Sphinx
    Spring of Youth- Bonus item for Simpoint purchase (May 2010)
    Ambitions EP
    Rustic Water Pump
    Island Paradise EP
    Xopeckuato the Great
    Fish Hero Planter

Store Hot Tubs
    Le Cirque Espirit- Le Cirque Celebration Set
    Infinite Flow- Japanese Inspired Living Comp. set
    King & Queen of Steam- Viva Las Vegas Bedroom Set

It's been almost 1 year since krimsonnox originally posted about this issue (October 04, 2012).
    Not only has nothing been fixed but an expansion pack (IP) has been released with no-flow fountains.
    Actions speak louder than words.

No offense meant towards SimGuruKelly as any and all help is appreciated.
    Just putting this situation in perspective.
  • Options
    JRon7667JRon7667 Posts: 234 Member
    edited September 2013
    So true. I will no longer buy anything until the fountains are fixed.

Edit: Just adding maybe the store team needs to team up with the modders and CC creators, and get help with those complications. lol
  • Options
    RickatlRickatl Posts: 115 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Status please. This is getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just deal with the fact they may never be fixed. I have all those fountains but since I don't actually use them its not a huge deal to me. I would rather have other stuff fixed in the game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just deal with the fact they may never be fixed.

To my knowledge no one has slit a wrist over it so I believe it's being dealt with just fine.
    I have all those fountains but since I don't actually use them its not a huge deal to me.

Congratulations!
    I would rather have other stuff fixed in the game.

Recently I read some advice that fits your situation: "Just deal with the fact they may never be fixed."
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    SimGuruKelly has addressed this issue along with others, and said that he is looking into getting these issues taken care of. I highly doubt he would acknowledge these concerns and not be sincere in his efforts.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2013
    We just need to be patient, just wait until ITF Patch if anything gets fixed, if not then we can probably address it again.

I've noticed they stopped doing "Store Patches" and most of the stuff related to the store gets released in the giant patch with the next EP that's due.

So he'll probably address this again when it's closer to ITF.
  • Options
    sofie981sofie981 Posts: 486 Member
    edited October 2013
    I hope they are fixable as some of these fountains are so beautifully made and will be truly stunning with the proper animations :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sofie981 wrote:
    I hope they are fixable as some of these fountains are so beautifully made and will be truly stunning with the proper animations :wink:

I couldn't agree with you more! :D
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited October 2013
    If they aren't fixed with the ItF patch, I think it's safe to say that they won't be getting fixed at all.
  • Options
    Emjei12Emjei12 Posts: 575 Member
    edited October 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    If they aren't fixed with the ItF patch, I think it's safe to say that they won't be getting fixed at all.
    that will be so sad :(
  • Options
    SimGuruKellySimGuruKelly Posts: 173
    edited October 2013
    I can confirm that we cannot do a separate Store Update to address these issues. The fixes need to be in an EP Update and I am working with the EP team right now, so don't give up hope.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited October 2013
    I saw SimGuruKelly's name as the most recent poster in the Store forum, and I said to myself..."It's the Fountains thread!" Hurray, I was right! :mrgreen: Great news, thanks for keeping us posted. We're hanging in there still! :D
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can confirm that we cannot do a separate Store Update to address these issues. The fixes need to be in an EP Update and I am working with the EP team right now, so don't give up hope.

Thank You for letting us know! I had given up, to the point of putting it in my "wishful thinking closet". :lol:

** I was using the fountain water effects in build mode, to boost things a bit for some items. After seeing the "waterfall" over the pools, with the item that came with IP, I had been hoping to see them fixed. Esp since it animates with the slide :D
    (that reminded me of childhood at my uncle's pool slide!- i miss it)
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited October 2013

Thank you for letting us know. This is what I suspected (it being an EP update and not a Store update).