Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kitty Kontest =D Winners Announced!! post 5 ATTN: Fallon_Carter & princesspdt!

Comments

• Options
    werepoetwerepoet Posts: 516 Member
    edited March 2012
    Names:

Miasma: a dangerous, foreboding, or deathlike influence or atmosphere
    Grue: A nod to Zork fans or short for Gruesome
    Persephone: Greek goddess queen of the underworld
  • Options
    KerrynBKerrynB Posts: 515 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Lilly Cat
    Nyx
    Nicki
    Lucky
  • Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited March 2012
    ~ Lindalu, ya know... at this stage... I think I'll allow it, anyone else is allowed as well if they would like to submit multi-entries for kitty CAS's.. Only 2 1/2 days left and I knew there wouldn't be many, but, I had honestly hoped for a few more.. so up to you if you want to do more.

~ walkingstick, Sorry, I kind of omitted a name choice of yours, it exceeded the 3-name limit as mentioned in the OP... although... 8) If you'd still like to submit the 4th name, you're totally welcome to create a kitty for it! :mrgreen: (if you'd rather use the omitted name in place of one, let me know)

~ werepoet, (I'm going off your post count, I could be wrong :oops: ) Welcome to the forums, and thanks for participating! :D

~ KerrynB, Since you had a name listed in your 4 suggestions that is already selected by another participant I went ahead and omitted the extra name from your entry, so you're entry is valid :)
  • Options
    tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited March 2012
    What a cute kitty :mrgreen:

She looks just like our first family cat - Poppet.

My 3 names suggestions are Poppet, Pepper and Xena.

I am not going to attempt a CAS kitty as my attempts at creat-a-pet end in horrific monstrous being :shock:
  • Options
    GreenonePlyGreenonePly Posts: 352 New Member
    edited March 2012
    just checking in love all the new kitties :P
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited March 2012
    How about

Samara
    Esther
    Pamela

Those are actual names of horror movie villains.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I made a kitty, and I'd like to post screenshots but I don't know how to do that in the forum. And her exchange mugshot seriously doesn't do her justice.

I've tried the Img thing but there isn't a web address to the screenshots, just a file path. When I put that in it previews blank. Do I have to upload the screenshots to the Sims website first and then do the Img thing or is there a way to do it straight from my computer?

Can anyone help me, please and thank you?
  • Options
    LindaluLindalu Posts: 684 Member
    edited March 2012

• Options
    edited March 2012
    werepoet wrote:
    I made a kitty, and I'd like to post screenshots but I don't know how to do that in the forum. And her exchange mugshot seriously doesn't do her justice.

I've tried the Img thing but there isn't a web address to the screenshots, just a file path. When I put that in it previews blank. Do I have to upload the screenshots to the Sims website first and then do the Img thing or is there a way to do it straight from my computer?

Can anyone help me, please and thank you?

Thanks for making a kitty!
    if you uploaded them to your studio media, only you can see them in there, but you can open them in there (dbl-click the link in your studio) and then the page that pops up with the pic has the address to use in your [*img]addy[/img] (without star)..
    Or if you use a different picture uploading site like photobucket, tinypic, and others, they usually have a quick-key for ez posting of images. I use photobucket :) my uploaded screenshots to my studio media always look... weird. :?
    as for the link for the created kitty, that is simply a matter of copying the address of the link in the exchange from your studio :)

hope this helps and I can't wait to see!! :D

~ x_MG_x , Samara has already been admitted as an entry, so you're welcome to toss another at me for your third. :)
  • Options
    LoreleyLeeLoreleyLee Posts: 1,384 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi there,

she's such a pretty kitty!
    I once had a cat in these colours myself. Many people called her ugly, but I just fell in love with her. She was a real Bonnie (actually her name).

I'm not good in building animals, so I just try to help with some names:

Claire - I thought about this one, for the clear, open look she has in her face.
    Carla - This means the same, just has a different sound.
    Rebecca - like the first wife in the movie by Alfred 🐸🐸🐸🐸, in which just the memory of her is enough to make other people burn down a whole castle. (The maybe more cat-suitable form might be "Becky" :wink: )

And well, whatever name you choose: why not try to let her help decide? So I did with my tomcat. We made a session, in which we told him a whole bunch of names. To one he reacted. Twice. And a third time. So he got his name. Bruno. Who'd guessed that? :mrgreen: He always listened to that name for the rest of his 14-year-long life.

♥ Ellen approved ♥
    kibb_LL2_zps9ddc3f77.gif
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've been wanting to add a third name for a while - Cleo, as in getting a cleo award and Cleopatra. I saw a name variation of CleoCATra, that I found amusing too.

Good luck with finding a new name for her.
  • Options
    HazellHazell Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2012
    Your kitten is amazingly cute! :lol:
    I've come up with Scout (from the halloween franchise :mrgreen: ), Misty (As she looks quite mischievous in her photos :D ) & Rebelle (French for rebel :P ).

Good luck everyone ! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    LoreleyLee wrote:
    Hi there,

she's such a pretty kitty!
    I once had a cat in these colours myself. Many people called her ugly, but I just fell in love with her. She was a real Bonnie (actually her name).

I'm not good in building animals, so I just try to help with some names:

Claire - I thought about this one, for the clear, open look she has in her face.
    Carla - This means the same, just has a different sound.
    Rebecca - like the first wife in the movie by Alfred 🐸🐸🐸🐸, in which just the memory of her is enough to make other people burn down a whole castle. (The maybe more cat-suitable form might be "Becky" :wink: )

And well, whatever name you choose: why not try to let her help decide? So I did with my tomcat. We made a session, in which we told him a whole bunch of names. To one he reacted. Twice. And a third time. So he got his name. Bruno. Who'd guessed that? :mrgreen: He always listened to that name for the rest of his 14-year-long life.

I've actually considered that, thinking I'm going to have some friends n family who know her too to help me decide, and try calling names at her as well n see how she reacts. :D

Updated to here

ONE DAY LEFT!! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    OKay, here goes nothing. This is Gigi. So named because we take care of a colony of feral cats in our neighborhood and your kitty looks a lot like the one we named Gigi.

On the exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5258985

Here she is hunting:

Screenshot-6.jpg

Hyper Gigi:

Screenshot-7-1.jpg
  • Options
    katie_legacykatie_legacy Posts: 266
    edited March 2012
    She is so pretty! I would call her:
    Marbles
    Lorelei-she just looks like a Lorelei
    Mika
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ~ werepoet, o wow! that's an adorable kitty! Thanks so much! And woot! you got the screenshots working!

I got everything updated to here :D

:!: 24 hours left to enter :!:
  • Options
    yambam10yambam10 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited March 2012
    i had a cat that looked just like your cat. i named her Mortisha and her sister looked like her i named her Wednesday. there mother was a calico and the father was a orange tabby.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    yambam10 wrote:
    i had a cat that looked just like your cat. i named her Mortisha and her sister looked like her i named her Wednesday. there mother was a calico and the father was a orange tabby.

Did you want to throw those names into consideration as an entry or enter any other names to consider for my kitty? You're completely welcome to join! :mrgreen:

11 hours left to enter!
  • Options
    BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited March 2012
    Daelia wrote:
    yambam10 wrote:

Did you want to throw those names into consideration as an entry or enter any other names to consider for my kitty? You're completely welcome to join! :mrgreen:

11 hours left to enter!

Bah da da da!! Bum bum! Bah da da da!! Bum bum! They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky...
  • Options
    jessicaweissjessicaweiss Posts: 84
    edited March 2012
    I have some names ;)

Panther, Stealth, Poison Dart, Poision Ivy, Cannon (Looking at my Canon printer right now haha) Olympia, Range, and Thorpe (Like the terrifying theme park, Thorpe park)

I hope you like them! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Oops, double post!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Oops, tripple post, haha!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    For my last entry , this is Sassy...yes , cute and sassy she is. She is very playful with the other cat in the house. Like the others, the exchange does not do a good job of showing the true colors and the cats are always better looking than they show.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5267614#

34qlemg.jpg

2hrzqkp.jpg

2j2atjt.jpg

t9vaq1.jpg

x5rwqq.jpg

1e8dqo.jpg

• Options
    BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited March 2012
    love all the kitties!!! but I won't be able to make one because I'm too sick :( but they all look ADORABLE!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I hope Sassy gets submitted. It took me so long to produce her. :shock:
    A sincere good luck to everyone.