Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kitty Kontest =D Winners Announced!! post 5 ATTN: Fallon_Carter & princesspdt!

My favorite cat needs a better name! She isn't necessarily the 'prettiest' of cats, but she is adorable to me! She reminds me of.. well, horror movies in general, and the first thing I could think of was "Killface" to call her by. That is a horrible name for her! But something along those lines.... I'm looking for a Suitable name for her, to match her horror-film looks and her personality. I am awful at coming up with names... so I need assistance! :)

So I am hosting this contest... I want a good name for her but I don't want to go thru a massive name-spam list so I'm limiting the number of names you can enter to three (3) choices; so make them good and put some thought into them! :) It doesn't necessarily have to be horror-film themed either, but would be preferred. I just need it to 'fit' for her. I'd love a unique-ish name for her.

I'm also in need of an ingame version of her for my simself, and I am not very good at making cats, especially if I want it to look like Her.. Honestly, I'd prefer a kitten version of her, because she is still technically a 'teen' cat by now, and I'd like my simself to have her for all her life the way I have known her all her life, but it's not necessary to submit her as a kitten. I do need it to Look like her, and to have her traits.
I don't use CC so these cats need to be CC-free. I don't think there's any store content that applies to pet-making so I suppose that wouldn't matter... I'll need screenshots; CAS works, ingame screenshots would be nice too, but I want to see her from all different sides of her to compare her to them physically.

You may enter one or both categories; Kitty makers can enter their three names for the Name list and add a 4th name to consider on their kitty creations! Just let me know their name and traits in the post with their exchange link & pictures please :)

Due to the nature of this contest, as only one name will be used to call her by, and one kitty will be used in my game, there will be ONE winner in each category, with a potential to win Both if both are selected. I will also randomize the remainder of the list of people who enter for a lottery in each category. This Random Number Generator will be used to select the lottery winners.
Prizes are as follows in value/total SP in Store items to distribute as the winners please up to the total prize amounts below:

Prizes:
Kitty Kreation: 500 sp
Selected Name: 200 sp
Kitty Lottery: 100 sp
Name Lottery: 50 sp

I am giving two weeks for this for the kitty-makers so March 5 11:59 pm CST is what I'm going with for the due date, plus the next day there'll be quite the hubbub over the EP surely! Better now than in the midst of that :) LL is distracting enough! :lol:
Pictures and Kitty Facts in 3rd post

:mrgreen: Updated to add the lottery part. :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited March 2012
    Multi-kitty CAS entries are accepted, with new name selections for each to be added for consideration. :mrgreen:

Kitty Entries:

1. GreenonePly : Simi Laboo
    2. Lindalu : Jezebel. :arrow: Mimzy , :arrow: Sassy
    3. Fallon_Carter : Trouble
    4. MissKate8 : Jeepers
    5. werepoet : Gigi

Name Entries:

1. Queenie08 : Samara
    2. TEXASKITTYKAT : Tink, Tinkerbell
    3. sammie512 : Penny, Claire, Duchess
    4. blacksheba1973 : Raven, Nyx, Endora
    5. ciane : Pandora, Tabatha , Cleo
    6. simmyhead1000 : Phantom
    7. LadySandstorm : Mico
    8. niac1234 : Mischief, Calypso, Hera
    9. klb685 : Bagheera, Sekhmet, Rajah
    10. cutecandyandie : Gizmo
    11. Dearey_Cromthorn : Kona, Katka, Kitsune
    12. joeythesimsfan : Lamia, Morticia, Atroxia
    13. MissKate8 : Meowler, Reaper, Joker :thumbup: Jeepers
    14. Springfairy556 : Dina, Kiara
    15. princesspdt : Insidiosa, Leap, Scars
    16. SoleilStarr : Lenore, Claudia, Cosmic Creepers
    17. MBernish : Afoamcl, Atticus, Boo
    18. GreenonePly : Apollymi, Katra, Laveau :thumbup: Simi Laboo,
    19. JDJZ : Ajia, Scar, Esmeralda
    20. vickijones : Tifa, Alice, Beat
    21. ShTiger01 : Blair, Clarice, Hazel
    22. snowdove58 : Willow, Willah, 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    23. lovingreds : Stormy, Cheensy, Libra
    24. Lindalu : Cruella, Desdemona, Stinker-belle :thumbup: Jezebel. :arrow: Mimzy , :arrow: Sassy
    25. Gesshoku_sama : Cynder, Raiden
    26. Goldiefc8 : Terra, Serendipity, Robin
    27. cherryberrybloo : Lillith, Witch Hazel, Skitter
    28. Zulie234 : Niṣṭhāna, Lovkinja, Gaula
    29. icouldntfindaname : Juliet, Stary, Windy
    30. DancerBakerSimLove : Wicker, Kwaidan, Caligari
    31. godshelpio : Malice, Countess, Elvira
    32. illusie : Boo, Midnight, Charna
    33. Sims33337 : Membon, Catty
    34. Catocat : Scarface, Allycat Hecate
    35. Fallon_Carter : Moth, Adoni, Cinder, :thumbup: Trouble
    36. MissyR : Drusilla, Zelda, Sabrina
    37. walkingstick : Vanator, Jager, Cazador *
    38. werepoet Miasma, Grue, Persephone , :thumbup: Gigi
    39. KerrynB Lilly Cat, Nicki, Lucky
    40. tigertots : Poppet, Pepper and Xena
    41. x_MG_x : Esther, Pamela *
    42. LoreleyLee : Claire, Carla, Rebecca
    43. Hazell : Scout, Misty, Rebelle
    44. katie_legacy : Marbles, Lorelei, Mika
    45. yambam10 : Mortisha, Wednesday
    46. jessicaweiss : Panther, Stealth, Poison Dart *

Note: these lists will be randomized after the winners are selected in a lottery per category. :D

(Kitty makers will get an additional name entry to submit on their kitty creations and shall be marked with a :thumbup: to indicate the creation name bonus)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Kitty Facts:

~ She is an outside cat, scared to explore the 'inside world', I have considered letting her 'move-in' but she really doesn't want to, it's a strange place inside apparently.
    ~ Her mother, hours after she and her siblings were born and she was mostly dry, literally 'presented' her to me to show me her proud accomplishment.. (she was such a good proud mom!)
    ~ She is a great hunter; she leaves 'gifts' to prove it >.< :roll: , and she likes to 'protect' me from the bees or other large insects that might bother me.
    ~ She 'wins' most of the 'battles' with her siblings and is slightly larger than them too.
    ~ She is very affectionate and cuddly, she'll 'ask' to get on my lap and she'll cuddle up into the crook of my elbow.
    ~ She's playful, always attacking anything that wiggles 'wrong' but she won't use her claws on me, she's gentle with her paws.. but she will try to nibble on my fingers "O.o :? "
    ~ She trusts me implicitly, known me all her life. she'll sometimes 'ask' me to hold her up so that she can attack a moth or something.
    ~ Her favorite spot to be in is inside my jacket (what will she do when summer rolls in! O.O 8) )
    ~ Often I walk outside and she comes over to say hi and she's smart enough to not walk in front of travelling feet, and can usually be found beside me nearby
    ~ She'll 'ask' me to pick her up and drape herself on my arm while I go about my business, and isn't easily startled
    ~ She is one of few cats around here that doesn't rub all over the rooster, which I appreciate because that is one mean annoying rooster and he doesn't like girls! :evil:
    ~ Her purring is loud like a kitty motor! But her meow is a tiny cute high-tone Squeak!

~ New info She's @ 5 1/2 months old and I guesstimate by the time this is complete, she'll be @ 6 months.

Feel free to ask questions, especially if it'll help you come up with an appropriate name for her or to help you create her, I'll tack on any extra info to help the naming/creations. :)

Killface001.jpg
    Killface005.jpg
    Killface016.jpg
    Killface018.jpg
    Killface014.jpg
    Killface009.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    May I take a moment to promote some of my newest creations? I decided to share them with everyone because I have enjoyed making them and playing them myself and thought maybe some of y'all would like them too :) All CC-free since I don't have CC in my game :) Recommendations appreciated! :mrgreen:

Artist's Abode (house) My simself is living in this house, and this is also the house the winning kitty will be moved into:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5050551
    ArtistsAbode.jpg

My new simself, tweaked to look more like me in-game; I'm sure my simself would love it in your town :):
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5140100
    Screenshot-54.jpg

Silika Machui (Instinct like a Leopard) Africa-Inspired Sim, she's fun to play :) and I think she is gorgeous, check out her facial profile too, so pretty:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5144719
    Screenshot-179.jpg

Rothgar Telnor, Lunar Lakes native. I lovvve playing him, he is so funny with his little quirks, and efficient too! (why has no one ever told me the joys of playing a neurotic sim!! :lol: :XD: :thumbup: ):
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5196233
    Screenshot-157.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ok, Kitty Konest is Closed! :mrgreen:

Winners!:

Kitty Kreation: 500 sp :mrgreen: : Lindalu for Sassy !
    that face, the orange to her!, the shoulder stripeys, and the paw toes! even the light patch to her chest, This kitty is the closest resemblance to her!

Selected Name: 200 sp :mrgreen: : werepoet for the name Miasma!
    look at her... she looks a dark foreboding presence! She responded to it rather well too.. from a sleepy comfy position she was laying in, I call "Miasma" and she gets up n mozeys on over to me to ask me to pick her up!

Kitty Lottery: 100 sp :mrgreen: : Fallon_Carter! :?:

Name Lottery: 50 sp :mrgreen: : princesspdt! :?:

(Lucky draws from the RNG mentioned in the OP)

What would you like for your prize? :)
    :mrgreen: = gifted
    :?: = Got a surprise from their wishlist. :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2012
    she is cute

not an entry...
    but... what are the name of the crazy fan in missery? by Sthenpen King?
    or hmm..
    the novel in the flower man... isn't there some girl name...

Or call her Quen... as a honor to the King....(pund intended)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited February 2012
    Entry for a name - Samara after the child in The Ring.

And I think she's beautiful, although I'm really partial to all kitties anyway LOL.
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited February 2012
    Your kitty looks just like my Tinkerbell so needless-to-say Tink or Tinkerbell I choose for your kitty's new name. There's wonder & magic in that name.
  • Options
    klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh how I love cats marked up like that! I have a nearly 5 year old tortoise shell cat that I adopted from a shelter. She was a runt and was abandoned/found as a baby in front of a coffee shop. When I went to the shelter, I didn't notice her and nearly chose a really friendly white kitten that was reaching out at everything with his paws but, I saw a group of little kids interested in that one so I figured he would get adopted. Off to look for another kitty ... and then I spotted her. She was hiding as far back in her little corner as she could trying to not be seen. A creepy little black and brown cat with four white paws who didn't want to be noticed - I had to have her. She needed to be loved. She is the best cat I could have asked for. She likes to bring me 'presents' and protects me from insects/moths that make their way into the house.

Her name is Macie - I'm terrible with names but, I'll try to think of some for your contest.
  • Options
    sammie512sammie512 Posts: 10,211 Member
    edited February 2012
    Penny
    Claire
    Duchess
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited February 2012
    Your creations look amazing. Rec'd them. Your kitty is so adorable! I have a couple of name suggestions. :-)

Raven
    Nyx
    Endora
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited February 2012
    Pandora(Pandora's Box)
    Tabatha (The little witch on Bewitched)
  • Options
    simmyhead1000simmyhead1000 Posts: 297 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh I love your kitty! She's adorable!!

I think Phantom is a perfect name for her, because she looks like she's wearing a mask like the Phantom of the Opera!
  • Options
    LadySandstormLadySandstorm Posts: 4,251 New Member
    edited February 2012
    She's adorable! <3

I like the name 'Mico' for her. :]
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited February 2012
    Awww! I love it!
    I love the name miscief but I also like greek names so My entries are:

Mischief
    Calypso
    Hera

:D
    I would've given more cute names but she looks like more of a down to earth cat.
  • Options
    klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited February 2012
    How about:

Bagheera - panther in The Jungle Book
    Sekhmet - Egyptian goddess with the head of a lion
    Rajah - lion in Aladdin
  • Options
    cutecandyandiecutecandyandie Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited February 2012
    Gizmo :P
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Wow I wasn't expecting so many in the time I wandered off for! Thanks y'all! I luvv her to bits, she's such a cutie! I'll check back later tonight, I don't have much time left after composing that to hang out.. I'll be back when I get home :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Dearey_CromthornDearey_Cromthorn Posts: 507 Member
    edited February 2012
    Kona
    Katka
    or my favorite
    Kitsune (which is a fox spirit with magic powers in Japanese folklore)
  • Options
    joeythesimsfanjoeythesimsfan Posts: 849 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Lamia - Latin for witch
    Morticia - From the Adams family
    Atroxia - From the latin word Atrox(Horror)

Love your Kitty.
  • Options
    MissKate8MissKate8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Kitty names:
    Meowler (take off on howler)

Reaper

Joker

I might make a kitty sim, not sure. he's so very cute!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2012
    Here's my ideas

Dina- From Alice in Wonderland
    Kiara-From Lion King 2
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sorry so late. these are a great help to me, thanks for helping a terrible namer out :)

I have updated to OP to reflect the lottery that I will hold for the remainder of the people who enter into each category!

Updated entry list to this point!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yay you started your kitty contest! :D
  • Options
    princesspdtprincesspdt Posts: 4,691 Member
    edited February 2012
    Insidiosa-after Insidious, that movie made me cry!
    Leap- Because, that's what you do when your scared
    Scars-Just because!

She's gaaw-geous! I wish I had a cat, I have a fat beagle named Buster!