March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a question, Is it ok to harvest plants and trees from parks and other non named lots? Thats not classed as stealing right? Well aslong as its not another sims garden.
    Thank you. :)
  • PepperfudgePepperfudge Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Cool, I like that the points are a lot simpler now :) I just have a couple of questions, i hope you haven't answered these already, I got bored after five pages of OMG YAY i love you so much.
    so first, if we keep a spare in the house and they move in a "mate", will their mate be able to earn legacy points ever? And even if the mates can't earn points could the spares kids? Because they are part of the bloodline.
    Also for spares, I'm assuming we can use the split family option?
    My last is more of a concern, so when I have played in my other neighborhoods, it seems that as time progresses everyone starts to be classified as rich, because they just slowly build up money. I have only played one generation or so, so it seems like after 5 or so generations it would be a problem. Have you played it all the way through without any trouble?
    Thanks so much, I hope you answer my questions.
  • kcpzkcpz Posts: 549 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ah sad, I was hoping to use my current family, too bad they're ghost. I never have the patience to play one family for so long, so good luck everyone who does the challenge! :mrgreen:
  • ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you so much Pinstar!!!! I am going to start playing right now!!!!
    View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• HarlequinDreamsHarlequinDreams Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The only thing that disappoints me is that my female Founder can't have a ghost baby heir.
  • ScallywagScallywag Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Cool, I like that the points are a lot simpler now :) I just have a couple of questions, i hope you haven't answered these already, I got bored after five pages of OMG YAY i love you so much.
    so first, if we keep a spare in the house and they move in a "mate", will their mate be able to earn legacy points ever? And even if the mates can't earn points could the spares kids? Because they are part of the bloodline.
    Also for spares, I'm assuming we can use the split family option?
    My last is more of a concern, so when I have played in my other neighborhoods, it seems that as time progresses everyone starts to be classified as rich, because they just slowly build up money. I have only played one generation or so, so it seems like after 5 or so generations it would be a problem. Have you played it all the way through without any trouble?
    Thanks so much, I hope you answer my questions.

I am sure he hasnt played it all the way thru, not enough time, but valid question. It's my experience that after a couple generations of Legacy play your family will already be stinkin rich and it won't matter anymore.

He might need to modify that rule to be "no rich sims for first 3 generations or something like that"

Although I married a "rich guy" and by leaving his family and house behind he didn't bring much cash. I'll have to see how that plays out. As usual I'm sure there will be quite a bit of tweaking as more people play and encounter new situations.
    Vixen
  • OhhSoSylentOhhSoSylent Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was hoping the question about lifetime wants would be answered, as I don't see it explained in the original post. From my own reasoning, maybe we get to pick our lifetime want because they will be so random anyway, as we don't choose our traits. ^^

Either way, plenty of time to wait for an official answer on this, as you don't have to choose your lifetime want until later anyway. XD
  • SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited June 2009
    Where is a good place to post a Legacy story?
  • siggyb2toosiggyb2too Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a question. When it comes to portraits of family members, does it HAVE to be a painted one? Or can it be a photo using the in-game cellphone? I'm guessing it has to be painted, but I just wanted to make sure.
  • EzendibaEzendiba Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey Pinstar!

Thanks for posting the rules!!

your the greatest ;)

/Ezendiba
  • CulinaryPioneerCulinaryPioneer Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi Pinstar, thanks for posting the rules. I have one question. Can spouses earn the lifetime rewards points or is it only sims that are part of the bloodline? Thanks!
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:
    I have a question, Is it ok to harvest plants and trees from parks and other non named lots? Thats not classed as stealing right? Well aslong as its not another sims garden.
    Thank you. :)

If they dont get upset when you do it right in front of them, how can it be stealing? lol :D
  • Kaylana20Kaylana20 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Is there a restriction against selecting a lifetime want that comes up as a wish? I know I've had children with the 'artistic' trait get the LTW to max painting & writing before come up as a wish, and once you pick it it 'locks' in as their LTW. (Not sure if there are any other cases of a LTW coming up as a wish).

Also, what about the 'mid life crisis' and 'change lifetime want' aspiration bonuses? Can we can still use those as long as we 'randomize'?
  • Gaven_LinusGaven_Linus Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    markcohen wrote:
    Legacy Challenge

Heir: The sim belonging to the family bloodline who is slated to bring in the next generation once he/she is old enough and finds a mate.

Bloodline: Any sim who can trace his or her family tree directly to the founder. Adopted sims are NOT part of the bloodline. Sims that are moved in are only considered part of the bloodline when they contribute to the birth of the next generation.

Bringing in the next generation.
    In order to bring in the next generation, a new sim must be born. Adoptions do not carry the family bloodline and thus don’t count. (You are still allowed to adopt sims if you really want to, but they won’t help point wise)

So what are we supposed to do if we already set up our founder in an exclusively Same-Sex relationship. Since it is [as of now] impossible for same sex couples to have their own children (without using a "surrogate" or having an affair how can we pass on the family name/choose an heir without adopting a child?

I haven't given this a whole lot of thought yet, but this is just off the top of my head. I, too, had hoped my legacy founder could be same sex as well, but since he cannot (by the rules) I will simply look at it from a different stand point. My parents, obviously, are not same sex, so my founder will not be, but one of the children from them can get himself/herself a BF/GF and still be part of the family. I mean, in RL there are not long bloodlines of only same sex and adopted children. My parents had me and my sister...she got married and has kids...I'm for the adoption route for myself, so one of the kids can do it that way. Since the game is all about fantasy and ideal life anyway, why not just make the ideal situation where having a same sex partner isn't an issue in your family? I'm lucky, and have a 2 great families me and my partner are both a big part of, but a lot of folks aren't. I dunno, like I said I haven't given it a lot of thought yet, but there's possibly one solution for, what I know will eventualy be, a big question.

Also...what is this parthenogenesis thing I'm hearing about? Is that a solution?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a question maybe someone can clarify for me. It may have been in the rules and I didn't understand, but... anyway.

So, we create our founder, male or female. Then every heir after that has to be the same gender as our founder? For example my female's daughter would be the next heir. Now, if my founder has multiple children, do I then select which I want to be my heir? Or do they have to be the first born of that gender?

Does that question make sense?

If you are using the optional Matriarchy/Patriarcy rule, then your heir would have to be the same sex as your Founder. And, no, the heir doesn't have to be your firstborn. Birth order doesn't matter.

If you're not using that optional rule, again, birth order or sex makes you difference. You choose which child will be the heir.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited June 2009
    ktg106 wrote:
    ktg106 wrote:
    .......You are allowed to play with any Mod that does not give you a signifigant advantage over a player without the mod. The only specific mod I know of at the moment, Awesome Mod, is allowed. .....

What is a "Mod"? Please?

Also, is there a time limit?

A "Mod" is a program you download from another source that alters your game, such as the Awesome mod talked about on these boards.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • EmilyBeeEmilyBee Posts: 507 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm so glad the legacy that I have started follows the rules so far.
    Thank you sooo much Pinstar!
  • glompingcowglompingcow Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2009
    Okay, question regarding the Matriarchy/Patriarchy.

Assuming I was making a Matriarchy, and I moved in my 'mate'. We conceived a child, and (being the fact that my founder eats quick meals most of the time so I had no control over it :P) she had a boy. You say in your rules that the mate cannot earn points for the family unless the next generation is born. This son is technically in the next generation, he just can't be the heir, so can the mate earn points or not now?

Also, I didn't know this but my man already had a teenage daughter (and not even by some freaky weird spawning thing, he's actually got in his bio that he's a 'single dad') I know that she can't be the heir/can't earn any points, but would it be all right for me to move her in with her daddy?

Oh and as a side note for all the people dissing Riverview in the other thread cuz it has no eating/showering in the gym, you can shower in the swim club and you can drink at the watering hole juice bar which helps your hunger.
  • fire331fire331 Posts: 1,638 Member
    edited June 2009
    does the founder have to be created in CAS. i would like Holden Wozny to be my founder. if i make a copy of him (so he would lose all realtionships and items he may already have) and place him on the sunset valley lot is that ok. and then i would place a copy of his old roomate in the Working Friends or Roomates households so he can later marry her

is this acceptable to the rules?
  • TiariTiari Posts: 379 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Also, I didn't know this but my man already had a teenage daughter (and not even by some freaky weird spawning thing, he's actually got in his bio that he's a 'single dad') I know that she can't be the heir/can't earn any points, but would it be all right for me to move her in with her daddy?

I'm pretty sure it'll be okay for her to move in with her Dad -- I mean, my Sim met a guy who had a random baby living with him, and my Sim could not move him in without the baby because the baby can't be left in the house by itself. Just keep in mind you have that 8 person household limit, so manage those household spots carefully?
  • LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Awesome! Thanks for the new rules for The Legacy! It'll add a lot more to do in the game!
  • KivrinKivrin Posts: 110 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a question that has more to do with not having played the game long enough to know how it will work, but applies to this challenge.

Once the game has run a few generations and the family has oodles of money, will any child ever get the option to have the "Swimming in Cash" or "Living in the Lap of Luxury" lifetime wish? And if so, wouldn't it be fulfilled the moment it was choosen? And if a mate is moved in with that wish, it would be filled the moment they moved in, therefore before any children are born.

Also, if a bloodline sim has a lifetime wish and fulfills it, then uses the lifetime point reward to change their wish to another that is yet unfulfilled for the family, can they also fulfill that one toward the total score? I assume yes on this since there's a set amount of points to recieve for this category. With only 32 lifetime wishes, there's only 32 points available for it regardless.

I also want to say thank you to Pinstar for leaving out points for different kinds of ghosts. That always bothered me in the last Legacy Challenge since it meant having to kill sims purposely in order to insure completing it.
    edited June 2009
    FatCat wrote:
    Thanks Pinstar!

My printer is out of ink...arg! :cry:

No worries, just copy and paste it into your word program. That's what I did.
    :-D
  • Lasonya1218Lasonya1218 Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is my 1st time doing a legacy challenge. I am excited. thanks for posting the rules.
  • crimsonsunsets22crimsonsunsets22 Posts: 2,591 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So, I started my legacy in Riverview. Probably a bad idea. Seems like there aren't as many people in Riverview, and all the guys at least are either rich or not all that good looking. So anyway, my Sim started wooing Buck Broke, and I kid you not, he said "giggity" to her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top