Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• Options
    Kaylana20Kaylana20 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Kivrin wrote:
    Also, if a bloodline sim has a lifetime wish and fulfills it, then uses the lifetime point reward to change their wish to another that is yet unfulfilled for the family, can they also fulfill that one toward the total score?

From what I've seen, once you complete a LTW you can't take the reward to change your LTW....

Edit: That is, that reward isn't available anymore because of the game mechanics, not because of the legacy challenge.
  • Options
    glompingcowglompingcow Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2009
    So, I started my legacy in Riverview. Probably a bad idea. Seems like there aren't as many people in Riverview, and all the guys at least are either rich or not all that good looking. So anyway, my Sim started wooing Buck Broke, and I kid you not, he said "giggity" to her.

lol that's who I married!! The one with the daughter. I can't believe he said giggity XD

And no one said that we won't be able to change our lifetime wish or even our traits since you do have to have a set number of points to get those rewards...
    I'd understand if it was restricted, but it would be nice to have some official clarification.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited June 2009
    I was hoping the question about lifetime wants would be answered, as I don't see it explained in the original post. From my own reasoning, maybe we get to pick our lifetime want because they will be so random anyway, as we don't choose our traits. ^^

Either way, plenty of time to wait for an official answer on this, as you don't have to choose your lifetime want until later anyway. XD

Since you get a point for each unique LTW fulfilled within the family that suggests to me you get to choose the LTW for your Sims as they come up.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hi Pinstar, thanks for posting the rules. I have one question. Can spouses earn the lifetime rewards points or is it only sims that are part of the bloodline? Thanks!

The rules state that the spouse/mate are part of the bloodline once they contribute to the birth of the next generation. They just also have to be living in the legacy house to earn points. So, I take it that once the spouse has fathered or given birth to a baby, marking the next generation, and they live in the legacy house, they can earn points for the family.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    tallonrk1tallonrk1 Posts: 666 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey Pinstar will you be updating the apocalypse rules, I liked that challenge 10x better than legacy. Also will you have a new legacy challenge website or will you be updating the old one?
  • Options
    tygerluv1tygerluv1 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well i decided that i will remake my Legacy toon and start over. Seeing as i sold a park bench my legacy stole. I'll be doing video updates on my youtube site to keep track of my legacy. The url for my youtube is in my siggy.
  • Options
    PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you for your idea in the first place for The Sims. I enjoy doing my own Legacy type challenge, really. I will definitely try yours for challenge purposes, only with a bit of a twist.

Awesome job. You should really come up with more challenges, too.
  • Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay! Thanks for this challenge! *runs to start her legacy family*
  • Options
    savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2009
    im playing right now and about to bring in the first heir! im playing with rules family trait of good kisser, and the rule that all heirs have to be male/female.
  • Options
    AntiqueeAntiquee Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just started my legacy and am in the Criminal Career, she got an opportunity to read a book, I read it and it remains in my inventory but from what I remember the book is worth a decent amount of simoleans, am I able to sell the book or do I have to keep it even though I've used it for an opporunity.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You know, I think I may want to start a legacy challenge someday soon. :( Gotta read up on the rules of the game, first.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, Pinstar! I can't wait to get started on my Legacy family. :-D
  • Options
    PunkinPunkin Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the great rules Pinstar!!!!
  • Options
    thinwoman007thinwoman007 Posts: 57 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have done a quick search so I hope I am not asking you a question someone else has already asked you.

Okay so the founder and heirs cannot marry characters that I create. Am I allowed to marry them to the offspring of my created characters that are born in game (as I will have no say in their traits and up bringing)

Thanks

Megan
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited June 2009
    pinstar, great rules, one question.. should not there be a point system for a full collection, because some collections like the fish is actually a ltw? So on the other collections was wondering if a pt could be gained or not from them..
  • Options
    klo85klo85 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Pinstar:
    When it comes to the house rule, is it ok to rebuild a home. Like deconstruct it and rebuild a bigger home??
    Just wondering because I have done this on my legacy lot.
  • Options
    pah3pah3 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, thank you for the rules!!! I will be doing a Family Trait Patriarchy complete with story. :)

Wish ghosts had a bigger part, though. I might have to bring my Founder back for story purposes.

Can't wait to get started. Thanks again pinstar!!!
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited June 2009
    Cant wait to get started :mrgreen: My current sims will have to wait on the backburner while I play this ! Im going to do a trait matriarchy girl power! :mrgreen:

• Options
    JorcJorc Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I started mine! I have 3 children, and the females will continue the heir! lol its so hard not using the cheat to make their motives all green, and trying to make the house bigger etc. I'm working on it!
  • Options
    HarlequinDreamsHarlequinDreams Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Almost ready for generation 2 on mine. It'll be a matriarchy (not going to invest in watermelons, just going to keep trying until I get a girl) with the family trait Insane.
  • Options
    cowforbrainscowforbrains Posts: 150 New Member
    edited June 2009
    'Doh! I already broke several rules, but I'm to stubborn to start over D:. I started with the 1,300 but my klepto founder stole stuff and sold it. And she rezzed a ghost and married him...er....her daughter (my heiress) is a ghost as well. Ah well, I never do play for points anyway :lol:

Ambrosia is not allowed, but are life fruit? My founder has been eating them to keep up with her YA ghost husband D: and young daughter.

I guess I'll just follow the rules from here on out (after this generation of course, I'm only having one child, no spare...one kid is bad enough!), but I don't see why ghost arn't allowed, they are neat D:
  • Options
    i_c_f_89i_c_f_89 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just finished playing since I started this afternoon so I can go to bed.
    My founder only has a few days until he becomes an adult and has married a Policewoman called Tia Rose who is now (hopefully) expecting his son :D

While i'm here and got a big box to type in...
    Lillyweed wrote:
    I have a question, Is it ok to harvest plants and trees from parks and other non named lots? Thats not classed as stealing right? Well aslong as its not another sims garden.
    Thank you. :)

I hope so. I got my first few seeds, etc. from the Science building. I've also been using the Omni plant there to grow a few books which I can sell for profit since I didn't waste money buying them 8) They're all on a community lot so not really stealing :)
    siggyb2too wrote:
    I have a question. When it comes to portraits of family members, does it HAVE to be a painted one? Or can it be a photo using the in-game cellphone? I'm guessing it has to be painted, but I just wanted to make sure.

I'm pretty sure it has to be painted
    Assuming I was making a Matriarchy, and I moved in my 'mate'. We conceived a child, and (being the fact that my founder eats quick meals most of the time so I had no control over it ) she had a boy. You say in your rules that the mate cannot earn points for the family unless the next generation is born. This son is technically in the next generation, he just can't be the heir, so can the mate earn points or not now?

I'd say yes the mate can earn points. The mate helped bring in the next generation. Like you said, the son just can't be heir.
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, Pinstar, for bringing your wonderful challenge to TS3 for us! Now I'm going to go see if I can fail any less than I did with the original one. ;)

Post edited by Unknown User on
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    OnayiaOnayia Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm going to start as soon as I can. It looks to be very fun.
  • Options
    Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    To answer some questions that have come up...

Regarding Life Plants, I'm going to rule that they are not allowed under the same logic of no ambrosia. Anything that alters your sim's lifespan is a no-go for the challenge. The reason being is that you're racing against the clock (all be it a very long and slow clock) and being able to reset it could make for an excessive amount of points. After all, it is easy to have every single sim in the family get 100K, heck even 200K lifetime points if they have forever to live.

Regarding the lifetime points, it counts for total points gained over the course of the sim's life. You're free to spend them however you like, they still count. If you mouse over the treasure chest on the rewards tab it'll give you your lifetime points earned amount.

Regarding different aging settings, the challenge is balanced to be on 'normal'. Epic would give you more time to earn points before sims died, thus giving the epic players an advantage over normal length. That being said, you're free to play a different lifespan speed Legacy Challenge, you'll just have to compare your scores to others who have chosen the same lifespan setting, rather than normal.

Regarding harvesting fruit from community gardens, that is not stealing. You are free to sell/eat/plant the fruit.

Regarding portraits, they must be painted portraits. Cell Phone pictures do not count.

Regarding children and lifetime wants, you may assign lifetime wants when they crop up. You may also purchase the "change lifetime want" perk and select any want available for any sim, as many times as you wish. Keep in mind that once a sim has fulfilled their lifetime wish, you cannot change it to fulfill it another. This is how it is supposed to be. If you are after all 32 points, you're going to need 32 different sims to fulfill their lifetime wishes.

You may also select the "Midlife crisis" perk to re-do your traits, but if you do that, you must randomize all of them (unless you are using family trait)

Regarding the question about books earned from opportunities. Those books are fair game to be sold for cash, even if your sim is in the criminal career track.

Regarding player created sims. While you are not allowed to move in/marry sims of your own creation, you ARE allowed to move in/marry their game-generated offspring if they happen to reproduce. Bear in mind that they must not be 'rich' to be eligible.

Regarding the question about collections. In an early beta version of the rules, i had some lines about getting points for complete collections, but in testing I found that either the collection was a lifetime want, or it was made stupidly easy by using the collection helper. Rather than banning the collection helper, I simply left off the collections from the point system.

Regarding the question about rebuilding the Legacy House. As long as you don't move your Legacy Family to another lot, there is no rule against tearing down your Legacy House and rebuilding it from the ground up.

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top