March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    edited June 2009
    Veok wrote:

As my sim was napping the night away on her parkbench, a burglar comes onto the lot. That's right, ignoring the other 5 rich adjoining houses (I'm in riverview), the burglar comes straight for my sim.

That's okay, I think. The only object on the lot is the bench, and with my sim sleeping on it, the burglar can't get to it, right?

WRONG.

The burglar steals the park bench from under my sleeping sim (leaving her floating in the air) and runs off.

A little sympathy is in order, however, this made me laugh.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Krokopoko wrote:
    One thing I need to get clear. Can I only control the founder and the heir or can I play all Sims living in the house.

In the previous iteration, you could control anyone who was living in the house. From the sounds of these rules, that hasn't changed. You just can't control Sims who have moved out of your house (as the Legacy family must be the sole active family for the duration of the challenge).

And I'm another Long Lifespan player who is curious if we could play it, but take a penalty. 8)
  • TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I'm for the long lifespan too actually...
    have been playing it in my other games and it is much more fun :)
    Of Kings and Castles
  • murphy575murphy575 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Siminabox wrote:
    I was just reading through and have seen a few of the questions asked and quite a few of them have the answers in the rules.

So yeah make sure you read through them carefully!

I've read through it several times but sometimes I miss things that are right in front of me. Did you see anything about how to pick your heirs' lifetime wants? (not the founder)
  • LilMissSunshineLilMissSunshine Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay!

They're here! They're here!

:)
  • LadyAndrecaLadyAndreca Posts: 67 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Out of curiosity...

Why CAN'T ghostbabies be heirs? You can marry in ghosts and have kids (ghost and normal) with them just fine if they're the right age. The ghost kids are perfectly capable of marrying and having kids of their own. It's not like they're sterile. :wink:

It's really not all that different from managing to get an alien or plantbaby in Sims 2.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi, thanks for the rules. Does it matter which aging length (short, medium, or epid) we use? I didn't see that in the rules.

Nevermind, I found it. "normal"
  • msmetoyermsmetoyer Posts: 200 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm Keanna
    I'm 24
    I'm in Michigan
    Don't remember all the stuff people posted for the intro. :shock:

Anyhoo, about to start my LEGACY!! I'm so excited!!
  • BephyBephy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I have a question. My founder, Amelie, married Connor Frio( I wasn't happy with the choice, but he was the only single male I could find haha), and when he moved in, I had the option to move in Jared Frio and Kylie Frio. I knew Jared was Connor's brother, but I also thought Kylie was a randomly generated baby of Connor's. So not trusting Jared to take care of the baby, I moved Kylie in with Amelie and Connor.

Well, it turns out that Kylie is actually Connor's niece. So now to my actual question: say Amelie and Connor have two more kids, and they die, can Kylie become the heir? Or do I have to have another kid?
  • ScallywagScallywag Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you for taking the time to do this!! I hope its ok that I copied this and posted on my blog site. I also snagged your picture and stats and listed it to give you proper credit. If it's a problem let me know and I'll take it down.

Vixen
  • Ra1nbow7Ra1nbow7 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you very much. I really apreciate these.
  • KindaBlueKindaBlue Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you Pinstar!

I'm going to start tonight or tomorrow... as it happens to be fathers day! It seems everything is happening today, the day I can't do much! ;p

I'm planning on updating a blog/site to make my story. I'll put it in my sig.
  • VeokVeok Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bephy wrote:
    Ok, I have a question. My founder, Amelie, married Connor Frio( I wasn't happy with the choice, but he was the only single male I could find haha), and when he moved in, I had the option to move in Jared Frio and Kylie Frio. I knew Jared was Connor's brother, but I also thought Kylie was a randomly generated baby of Connor's. So not trusting Jared to take care of the baby, I moved Kylie in with Amelie and Connor.

Well, it turns out that Kylie is actually Connor's niece. So now to my actual question: say Amelie and Connor have two more kids, and they die, can Kylie become the heir? Or do I have to have another kid?

Kylie is not related to your founder by blood, and thus cannot be the heir.
  • PaneityPaneity Posts: 483 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ooeh =3

I never made it past generation three on TS2, I have quite a short attention span. =P

Thank you much.
  • RightiesAreFreaksRightiesAreFreaks Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I said "Yay! The Legacy challenge is up!" and went out to tell somebody, anyone this. it was my mom. My mom heard me and replied, "Yay? Now get off my newly mopped floor." lol.
  • savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2009
    woohoo! cant wait to start! in TS2 i always lost by cheating. lol. but that wotn happen. :) pinstar i have a question though, i made a scorecard for my self in MS excel, and i am wondering if you'd mind me upload it?
  • BephyBephy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Veok wrote:
    Bephy wrote:

Kylie is not related to your founder by blood, and thus cannot be the heir.

Ok, thanks. That's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure.
  • WaterWitchWaterWitch Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just another person chiming in to say I hope there will be an option (point penalty, whatever) where you can play on long. I love that mode.
  • LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2009
    Alright! This Legacy Theme: Books and Geekdom! The Family Trait is Bookworm and all the heirs will have names of book characters. Founder: Alice Cullen.

Nerdy? I think so.
  • markcohenmarkcohen Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Legacy Challenge

Heir: The sim belonging to the family bloodline who is slated to bring in the next generation once he/she is old enough and finds a mate.

Bloodline: Any sim who can trace his or her family tree directly to the founder. Adopted sims are NOT part of the bloodline. Sims that are moved in are only considered part of the bloodline when they contribute to the birth of the next generation.

Bringing in the next generation.
    In order to bring in the next generation, a new sim must be born. Adoptions do not carry the family bloodline and thus don’t count. (You are still allowed to adopt sims if you really want to, but they won’t help point wise)

So what are we supposed to do if we already set up our founder in an exclusively Same-Sex relationship. Since it is [as of now] impossible for same sex couples to have their own children (without using a "surrogate" or having an affair how can we pass on the family name/choose an heir without adopting a child?
  • CKSillyPantsCKSillyPants Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *gasp* YAY! *runs off to play*
  • dixielandshdixielandsh Posts: 327 Member
    edited June 2009
    Great work as usual. Thanks!

Dixie
  • SimposterSimposter Posts: 306 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a question maybe someone can clarify for me. It may have been in the rules and I didn't understand, but... anyway.

So, we create our founder, male or female. Then every heir after that has to be the same gender as our founder? For example my female's daughter would be the next heir. Now, if my founder has multiple children, do I then select which I want to be my heir? Or do they have to be the first born of that gender?

Does that question make sense?

I'm sure someone answered this by now, but the heir can be any child of the founder. Doesn't have to be the same sex. I usually just took my first born sim and went from there.
  • concretegirlconcretegirl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    thanks pinstar, cant wait to get started!
  • SimposterSimposter Posts: 306 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Pinstar --

What is the required aging setting for the Legacy? I love to play on "Epic" since that gives me the time to play stress-free.

Any thoughts on that would be appreciated, dude!

Fifth paragraph of the rules on page one: "Aging and story progression must be on and lifespans set to the normal level."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top