Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• heidismilesheidismiles Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Eventually your legacy family will be seen as "Rich" by other sims. In that case, this wish can be fulfilled by marrying a townie with the gold digger wish and have the townie kill your heir. You won't break the bloodline as long as your two sims have a few children first before that wish is fulfilled.

But don't the rules say that marrieds don't earn points until they bring in an heir?

Correct. That is why you need to have a child or two first (thus making the townie officially part of the bloodline) before you whack the heir. Not only does this prevent the family bloodline from breaking early, it means the townie sim will earn their LTW point AFTER they officially become part of the Legacy Family.

I get it ... never mind. I was thinking the LTW would be fulfilled as soon as they move in. I get it now.
  • prolificstormprolificstorm Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm very excited about this. :) I made my founder and she is now married and hopefully pregnant. I love having these rules and point system. It gives me something a little extra to aspire to. Thank you so much Pinstar for coming back for TS3 and updating your excellent challenge.
  • xocAnDiixocAnDii Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited June 2009
    This is hard with the little money left over. I could only afford a bed/shower/and a refrigerator which means I have to go to a community lot to use the bathroom. Also, I can't buy a guitar to get promoted in my job because of this but I guess that would make a good challenge :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KivrinKivrin Posts: 110 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I bought only a bed and used everything on community lots until my sim got married and got a small cash infusion (he wasn't rich, but he brought about $2000 with him). She still couldn't afford a computer for her writing want, though, so she makes the trek to the library every day.
  • VikkieVikkie Posts: 175 New Member
    edited June 2009
    wow this looks so cool...i didn't play the legacy challenge in sims 2...mostly because once i got a new comp sims 2 would never work on it :/ ...i lost out on a lot of game play with sims2....

I'm goign to try this!
  • HarlequinDreamsHarlequinDreams Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One more question!

Apples/watermelons to affect gender of baby. Allowed or no?
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited June 2009
    By no marrying player created sims do you also mean Maxis made too?
  • StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2009
    Some questions (some I jotted down have already been answered in the meantime I see, such as using cakes to age up kids, but I still have a couple more):

1. To make sure - you can have kids with Rich Sims, and even have their kids as the heir, as long as you don't move them in/marry them, right? I'm thinking of trying for a kid with Gunther Goth, because I like his jeans, er, genes :twisted: ... so would that be allowed and could the kid possibly be heir, so long as Gunther stays at his house and my Sim doesn't marry him?

2. Portraits can only be made of the bloodline, I understand that, but is there any restriction as to who's doing the painting? I just moved in/married Leighton Sekemoto (yes, again, I didn't plan it that way! :oops: ), and his son Sam... Sam I realize can't be part of the bloodline since he's my founder's stepson, but could he be the painter of portraits for the Sims who ARE in the bloodline, since he's Artistic and all?

3. From the way I understand it, a spouse of the founder can start earning points for the Legacy as soon as they spawn a child with the founder... even if that child/those children don't turn out to be heir, yes? This is related to my thoughts of having an affair with Gunther and possibly even making his kid heir (depends on how it all turns out). So if I understand correctly, as long as I have some "spares" with Leighton, Leighton and those kids will be part of the bloodline, even if Gunther's kid eventually is heir?

4. Were you thinking of adding additional rules that add more challenges/points, and were you taking suggestions for that? I wanted to ask before I start posting some ideas for them. ;)

Also wanted to add my thanks for making an awesome challenge, and putting up with us all. ^^;; I didn't want to spam the thread further just to add those, but since I'm posting questions anyhow...
  • cowforbrainscowforbrains Posts: 150 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone know if there is a rule concerning growing sims up early with cake? I'm debating offing my sims ghost husband (besides I broke a rule bringing him back...) he is only a YA and she is an adult. He has 18 YA days left then the adult lifespan ahead of that. :?
  • RusalkaRusalka Posts: 510 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just wanted to say thanks again Pinstar. Having a great time starting out on your Legacy Challenge. Really gives me a structure to play with, which I find way more entertaining than just going freestyle. You're the bomb!
  • HarlequinDreamsHarlequinDreams Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone know if there is a rule concerning growing sims up early with cake? I'm debating offing my sims ghost husband (besides I broke a rule bringing him back...) he is only a YA and she is an adult. He has 18 YA days left then the adult lifespan ahead of that. :?

You have to receive the announcement that the birthday is coming up soon, but ghost spouses are technically against the rules anyway.
  • cowforbrainscowforbrains Posts: 150 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ah, technicalities. :twisted: I started my legacy days ago, before the rules came out. I could always kill him, and take care of the problem 8) Its not like he wasn't dead before anyway, or just kill him when my founder dies. That might be nicer.

My heiress is a ghost as well, and I'm not making my founder pop out anymore kids. I hate toddlers and babies.

I'll just start following the rules from here on out 8)
  • XelenXelen Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey, so how does business Partnerships and Ownerships come into play for calculating points from money and estate?

Do they count as their value and we have to keep track, or they don't count at all since they generate money over the long run, or perhaps only the most valuable one counts?
  • StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2009
    Xelen wrote:
    Hey, so how does business Partnerships and Ownerships come into play for calculating points from money and estate?

Do they count as their value and we have to keep track, or they don't count at all since they generate money over the long run, or perhaps only the most valuable one counts?

It looks like we only get points for the actual furnished worth of the house, so the partnerships/ownerships wouldn't come into it at all. (Basically they'd just give you money to buy things with to add to the worth of the house over the course of the generations. :p )
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks! Yay! I already started but I'll probably fail :P
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • LEsherickLEsherick Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I took a couple hours today to start my Mason Legacy Founder is Aaron. I tried taking pictures by pressing Tab and using Gadwin Print Screen but they did not come out well and I will have to start over and take pictures by using the camera

• SpeggySpeggy Posts: 406 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bumps!

This shouldn't be on the 5th page!

Gonna start this challenge right now! :)
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for answering about the lifespan options! I'm enjoying playing on Long, so I'll keep doing that.

But I have a serious question about moving. You said the family cannot move off the lot, which I do understand. However, there is likely to come a time when the family's lot is terribly bugged. Even if EA finally patches this game. In TS2, my lots always developed bugs after a few generations.

In the event of BUGS, can the family be moved off the lot in order to bulldoze and rebuild? Portraits and such could be moved to the inventory so they're not lost due to the bugs, and then rehung in the new house.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • siggyb2toosiggyb2too Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, my legacy is coming along pretty good. My founder is currently the Mayor, and has 2 toddlers, as well as a 3rd (perhaps 4th and 5th too, never know) on the way. One is a Brave Virtuoso, the other a Brave Genius (both randomly rolled XD), with the family trait being 'mooch'. The founder's wife is currently working on gardening and painting a ton so we can get a nice cash-garden started for future generations, as well as getting the portraits worked on. Still pretty poor overall though.. not quite worth 30k furnished, and both are early into their Adult years. While the founder will get his lifetime wish fulfilled soon (Leader of the Free World), his wife may not be so lucky, unless we can scrape up $70,000 worth into the house quickly. Might have to 'borrow' some campaign funds.. :twisted:

Also, thanks for letting me know about the portraits.
  • PrettyPoppyPrettyPoppy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've never done a legacy before, but I think I'm finally going to try.

Thanks Pinstar, for all the hard work you've put into this! :)
  • JorcJorc Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My second generation heir is already a toddler! :)
    I love this idea..

It would be funny to have like

king & queen

archduke & archduchess

grand duke & grand duchess

prince & princess

etc etc
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay, can't wait to get started working on my legacy now that I know the rules! Thank you pinstar!
  • NoHioNoHio Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can my sim paint a portrait of herself or does someone else have to do it?
  • elvisgirl2005elvisgirl2005 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just started my legacy, so my Founder, John Gallifrey is only a couple of days in to his YA era, however, he met a few women at the library on his second day and chatted to them all, in the hope of finding a future Mrs. Gallifrey, all of them turned out to be married of course, then he turned his eyes to a rather big lady whom he was getting well with until he spotted this pretty young thing enter the room with toddler in toe, turns out she is one of the Single Mums, Molly, I think. Anyways he chatted with her for just 2 hours, flirted a little then asked her to go steady, which she said yes to! Well, she is a hopeless romantic after all. So I'm hoping it won't be long before he moves her in, after he has earned enough money to build a small house!
  • ScallywagScallywag Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The rule in Sims 2 was always that You could break a rule to fix a game breaking bug or glitch.

Ie: If you lot is so buggy you can't continue, you could move to fix it. As long as the move does not benefit you financially in anyway. You may not move to a smaller lot etc etc.

I'm sure it's the same in Sims 3. Just don't use it to gain an advantage and your good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top