March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited June 2009
    THANK YOU FOR THE RULES PINSTAR!!!! I can't wait to start!!!
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    It says in the rules you must have your sims' lifespans set to Normal (so 90 days, just like in TS2).

I'm so glad awesomemod is allowed! I'm downloading it right now! I wanted awesomemod so badly to fix all the random parthenogenic babies that kept appearing randomly in my neighbourhood, but I put off installing it, because I wanted to play Pinstar's Legacy Challenge and was worried it might not be allowed in the rules.

Now that the rules have been officially posted and I know for sure awesomemod is allowed, I can finally install it and start playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge!

:D
  • aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you very much Pinstar! This sounds like great fun!
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited June 2009
    It says in the rules you must have your sims' lifespans set to Normal (so 90 days, just like in TS2).

I'm so glad awesomemod is allowed! I'm downloading it right now! I wanted awesomemod so badly to fix all the random parthenogenic babies that kept appearing randomly in my neighbourhood, but I put off installing it, because I wanted to play Pinstar's Legacy Challenge and was worried it might not be allowed in the rules.

Now that the rules have been officially posted and I know for sure awesomemod is allowed, I can finally install it and start playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge!

:D

Hey thanks!
    Well in that case I'll play the rules, 90 days it is. Mind you though, with the awkward socializing options in the game, it might be hard to get your founder hitched in time to biologically have a baby. I see problems! LOL!
  • BrumelineBrumeline Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks a lot Pinstar ! :mrgreen:
    Let's play Folks !!
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm already playing on the Long 190 lifespan because it's more fun for me. That means either I wont be keeping score at all (just finishing is accomplishment enough for me :P ) or if there's a point modifier for the Long and Epic posibilities, that would be great!

Pinstar, would you happen to have any recommendations on such a modifier?
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    edited June 2009
    How do you keep count of points? Do we write them down as we go along?

• ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm glad I waited to do more than create my founder because I would have automatically been playing on long lifespan as it is my preference. But, I'm so excited to start this!

Now, if we could get this thread pinned...
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • onionXrings1onionXrings1 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2009
    Woot!! Yay! Thank you Pinstar!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • MerudaMeruda Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm super excited to finally do a Legacy Challenge, I never got around to it in TS2. Hopefully I can last :D
  • poi_boipoi_boi Posts: 99 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the legacy rules Pinstar.

I have one question I'd like to ask though about two parts of the rules.

You can not marry a rich sim.

The lifetime want Gold Digger: to marry a rich sim and see their ghost.

To get all 32 points for the lifetime wants doesnt this mean you would have to break the marry a rich sim rule?
  • JustPeachyJustPeachy Posts: 122 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So excited! Thanks Pinstar! This will be my first legacy challenge so I am a bit nervous (how silly is that), but I printed the directions and have all you guys to talk to so what's to worry!
  • VeokVeok Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Are points per category still locked to 10?

Or rather -- what's to stop one from having 10 kids, getting portraits of all of them, and then repeating ad infinum until you reach the desired score from painting points alone?

Other Questions:

The "Lot Furnished" value seems a poor way to measure wealth. Afterall, when the 9th generation is pregnant, who's to say that the family doesn't suddenly feel the need to liquidize their money into art and sculptures? I think I'd do networth same as the sims themselves see it (i.e. the "Be worth 50,000" wishes)

my 2cents
  • GplayGplay Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Pinstar! Can't wait to get started. :D
  • FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Pinstar!

My printer is out of ink...arg! :cry:
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
    edited June 2009
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I'm already playing on the Long 190 lifespan because it's more fun for me. That means either I wont be keeping score at all (just finishing is accomplishment enough for me :P ) or if there's a point modifier for the Long and Epic posibilities, that would be great!

Pinstar, would you happen to have any recommendations on such a modifier?

There you go! Another player loving the long lifespan-play!

I'm more than willing to to substract say -- ten points from my end total for playing "Epic"

190'ers could so substract 5 points.
  • lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2009
    I might have a go at this lol
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
    edited June 2009
    FatCat wrote:
    Thanks Pinstar!

My printer is out of ink...arg! :cry:

Bookmark the thread, or keep the first page open. Start your game and alt-tab out if needed. Thsi also keeps you informed on any answers Pinstar might have the coming hours and days.
  • DemenshiaDemenshia Posts: 542 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you so much Pinstar! I can't wait till I get home and can play :)
    edited June 2009
    Im finding it abit impossible to build a house with just $1,300.. I have made a 3x4 house..which only leaves me with $10.
    which isnt even enough to buy a bin.. never mind the bed and toilet and kitchen.. not that i would be able to fit them in :S

Is anyone else having this problem or am i doing something wrong?

edit:for spelling mistake

• CathrinaCathrina Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2009
    Im finding it abit impossible to build a house with just $1,300.. I have made a 3x4 house..which only leaves me with $10.
    which isnt even enough to buy a bin.. never mind the bed and toilet and kitchen.. not that i would be able to fit them in :S

Is anyone else having this problem or am i doing something wrong?

edit:for spelling mistake

Nope, you're not doing anything wrong 'as such'. Legacy families always start out very poor, and it has always been like this. I, however, would not spend my money on walls and such, but rather a bed and a toilet or a fridge or something like that. Just place it outside, the sim won't mind it, especially if you have the 'Love Outdoors' trait :)
  • DemenshiaDemenshia Posts: 542 Member
    edited June 2009
    On my test run before the rules came out, I only had the best bed I could get with the money I had at first. I used the gym and diner for everything else until I started making money with my job :) I'd also go to lots and harvest plants etc for a while... Hope that gives you some ideas :)
  • ImaginingMysticImaginingMystic Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2009
    Demenshia wrote:
    On my test run before the rules came out, I only had the best bed I could get with the money I had at first. I used the gym and diner for everything else until I started making money with my job :) I'd also go to lots and harvest plants etc for a while... Hope that gives you some ideas :)

Yep, that's pretty much the best way to do it in the early game. I usually just build the house as I go, I almost never start out with a house. At most I usually just lay a small patch of foundation and place the bed on it, but otherwise that's about it. The good thing about TS3 is that you can utilize virtually every part of the town to keep your Sim alive. You can shower at the gym, and even eat at the gym (at least in Sunset Valley you can... not sure about Riverview). It's enough to keep your Sims needs in check until you can start affording the essentials.
    Christina aka ImaginingMystic

Wife of @Pinstar1161 and Community Manager at The Sims Legacy Challenge (http://simslegacychallenge.com)

Also, check out my Youtube channel (http://youtube.com/imaginingmystic) for Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 Legacy Challenge and Sims 4 Block Party Let's Plays!
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    poi_boi wrote:
    Thanks for the legacy rules Pinstar.

I have one question I'd like to ask though about two parts of the rules.

You can not marry a rich sim.

The lifetime want Gold Digger: to marry a rich sim and see their ghost.

To get all 32 points for the lifetime wants doesnt this mean you would have to break the marry a rich sim rule?

Eventually your legacy family will be seen as "Rich" by other sims. In that case, this wish can be fulfilled by marrying a townie with the gold digger wish and have the townie kill your heir. You won't break the bloodline as long as your two sims have a few children first before that wish is fulfilled.

To answer a few others

In the question where the heir died and their brother moved out, you could technically move in a female mate, and have the off-lot brother impregnate her and her children would technically carry the bloodline. However you may NOT move the brother back in to re-join the family. Be careful once you decide to move out sims.

Each category is no longer capped at 10 points. Yes this means you can pursue point-farming strategies on several fronts, including portrait farming. I realize you can rack up some huge scores with some very specific types of play and that is OK. I want this challenge to be viable for both the 'hard core' players looking to maximize points and the more casual players looking to enjoy the journey through 10 generations at a leisurely pace.

Regarding the 'furnished value' of the house being the mark for the wealth category, this is done to encourage the player to build larger houses. I guess since cash is easily translatable to objects you could use net worth as well.
    Ultimately the category is about how much money and wealth your family can accumulate, so using Net Worth shouldn't be a problem.

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • ratluvr76ratluvr76 Posts: 179 New Member
    edited June 2009
    what, if any point deductions are there for playing on "long" lifespan instead of normal?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top