Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: Curly Hair

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited September 2009
    check out http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/ i found this one there i think it was from cazy,if you don't want to look through a bunch of pages to find it.

screenshot245.jpg

• Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited September 2009
    I agree with you that we need curly hair and BTW I love your picture with the protesters. Tooooooo cute.
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm signing this one too. The game needs curly hair, especially for different races. Black sims shouldn't have straight caucasian hair.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2009
    As a person with naturally curly/frizzy hair, I say all you perfectly straight haired people - Be Happy! You can't DO anything with curly hair. Hairstylists don't know how to cut it either. And look around you, almost All the hairstyles in fashion are straight. Much to my delight, I bought a straightening iron with the widest iron I could find. Now my hair is split ends and damaged. So curly-haired sims aren't really high on my wish list, although I guess it would add variety. I remember in the sims 2 I downloaded a mesh called something like "shrimp curls". It had 2 huge ponytails with really long spiral curls :lol:

edit: if you've ever seen one of those tv commercials for a straightening iron , my hair IRL looks exactly like the "before" picture!!
  • Options
    PippparrrPippparrr Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2009
    As a person with naturally curly hair, I say LETS HAVE SOME IN-GAME!! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ValoraTCasValoraTCas Posts: 72 Member
    edited September 2009
    Yes, curly hair. Longer hairstyles, more diverse hairstyles for African American Sims, and more control over in Create A Sim.

How about sliders for length and curliness ?

Do this either in the EP or make an update !!
  • Options
    ValoraTCasValoraTCas Posts: 72 Member
    edited September 2009
    Re Zorba

My hair is naturally quite curly too. I've just decided to go with it. I don't cut it shorter than my shoulders.

The one time a stylist did that, it bounced up 2 inches and turned itself into a hellish poodle Afro. So try growing your hair a little longer; often with the extra weight of your it will settle into a more management looser curl or become wavier. Also consider cutting in some loose layers for extra body and flexibility in your styles.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2009
    Well, I officially give up now trying to get curly hair for my Sims. There have only been a couple of user-made custom hairs that have been curly, and NO Store hairs.

I've just discovered that any official Store hair will have a gigantic file size, anyway. (Up to 12 MB!) Custom hairs have file sizes about 10 times smaller than the Store hairs.

I don't want any more Store hair now. Custom hair is better-looking, with smaller file sizes. Unless EA steps up their game, I won't be getting any more hair from the Store.

(I'll still be running to get all of their upcoming expansions, though!)
  • Options
    UnluckywolfUnluckywolf Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2009
    I'd like to see more hair styles in general from the store. Everytime I get to the store I hope to see something new in the hairstyles and nothing has yet to show up. As for curley hair, I would like to see it as well. My sim "for the most part" looks like me, but I have think very hair that reaches to my thighs and is in a sort of "wavy curl" state- not in a bouncy curl, but still much longer and curler than in the game so far.
  • Options
    Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited September 2009
    you know someone made somewhat curly hair... right?
  • Options
    AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    edited September 2009
    TSR has another big wavy curlyish hair for free: HERE
    It looks great in game!
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • Options
    MadaphorMadaphor Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2009
    I want curly hair, too, though my hair's only slightly wavy.

Long, medium, short, and an updo or two (they add Victorian clothing, but not hairstyles, several of which were curly updos).

For both genders, because I grew up in the 70s, and my walls were covered with Roger Daltrey and Robert Plant. Some t.v. characters I want to recreate, both male and female, have very curly hair. Some of my RL friends and family have curly hair.

While we're at it, I'd also like a very short haircut for women, so I can do a self Sim. I've worn mine alternately in a Pixie style and a spikey fun style for years, and neither of those are available, either.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited September 2009
    Finding good CC is a bit like finding cute shoes for $15, it's out there but you have to dig for it.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ringlet hair in a bonnet (second hairstyle on page):
    http://4thimpact.sakura.ne.jp/SnakeLegs/Hair/Hair04.html

Tonnes of real curls (third hairstyle on page):
    http://cazyxdarkplace.blogspot.com/2009/10/hairx3.html

Anyone else think the hairstyle advertised as "curly" in the World Adventures EP isn't curly at all?
    4057009532_b465deb5b8.jpg
  • Options
    Agent_ZeroAgent_Zero Posts: 4,564 Member
    edited November 2009
    ^^^ I agree. It annoys me when people use wavy hair as an example of curly hair.
  • Options
    CeitidhCeitidh Posts: 58 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I have given up on getting curly hair and therefore I will never have a self sim in Sims 3 - create whoever you want they said - but can't even create me !
  • Options
    Ladymia175Ladymia175 Posts: 1
    edited November 2009
    they should definitely have a slider for length and curliness. Its ridiculous that we can't really get length and curliness in it.

(And all of the waby hairstyles are short we should be able to choose how long and how short and how wavy/curly we want the hair to be)
  • Options
    aanerezzaanerezz Posts: 64 New Member
    edited December 2009
    here's some pretty curly/ wavy hair

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378572

i found some more the other day when i was looking for cc
    but i cant find it anymore...
    it was way curlier than this one. if i find it, i'll post the link
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    here's some pretty curly/ wavy hair

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378572

i found some more the other day when i was looking for cc
    but i cant find it anymore...
    it was way curlier than this one. if i find it, i'll post the link
  • Options
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    AlnilanaAlnilana Posts: 51 Member
    edited December 2009
    I really think the game should include curly hair! I don't prefer custom content, it is one of the first things tech-help points to if a problem with the game occurs. I would buy hair from the store but I read that the file is too big. Besides, none of the hair in the store is worth getting. I really thought that Sims 3 would come with that shiny realistic looking hair. I feel 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at the lack of customizing in the hair category. Can't even get chunky Highlights, just ones of a different color.

Bring us true curly, bouncy hair of all lengths!
  • Options
    Lorna_CullenLorna_Cullen Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2010
    This is one of the main flaws of the customization in Sims 3 - no body shop for just creating hair whenever... :(
    Curly hair is a MUST. I have straight hair, but many of the people in my family have curly hair, and it's not as if it's rare to have non-straight hair... ^^'

Petition or not, I'm signing it! :P

EA, PLEASE MAKE CURLY HAIR (OF ALL LENGTHS).

On a side note, wouldn't I be "straight but supportive"? :D
  • Options
    JSL1892JSL1892 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Please get Curly Hair, A good person to look off and get ideas would be Peyton Sawyer, or Hilare Burton. She is in one tree hill a great!, tv show she got off at season 6, but her hair is curly in seasons 1, 2 some of 3 and 4. Anyways it is ike sweet 80's curly. And there is one in the exchange it just wont lode on my page!, but pleaseeee get curly hair. :-) :-) :-)