Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: Curly Hair

Comments

• Options
    WinterSimWinterSim Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes! We need curly hair.
  • Options
    RakeeshRakeesh Posts: 670 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'd love to see more styles, like curly hair. But, I dunno. I look at a lot of curly hair styles and they just seem too much like wavy hair.

d87a66c3f4692891_wavy-straight-and-curly-hair.jpg
    If we do get curly styles I want to see what's on right, NOT what's on the left.

angela-bassett-curly-hg-de.jpgboys-hairstyle6.jpg
    Now THOSE are curls.

P.S.
    Google = <3
  • Options
    OMFGItsVicoOMFGItsVico Posts: 478 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm sure this has been suggested dozens of times before, but ...

I think it would be good if they made sliders for hair, too. One slider for hair length, and another for varying degrees of straight or curly hair.
  • Options
    AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2009
    09curly.jpg
    114202-main_Full.jpg
    curly.jpg
    ringlet-hair.jpg
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • Options
    simsgal914simsgal914 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I totally agree!

I realize that this is the base game, and MOST of us are used to our beefed up TS2 versions(I myself had every expansion, and all but one stuff pack), so obviously we won't have as much at first with TS3...but there just isn't enough variety!
  • Options
    AwesomeGatoAwesomeGato Posts: 49 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm sure this has been suggested dozens of times before, but ...

I think it would be good if they made sliders for hair, too. One slider for hair length, and another for varying degrees of straight or curly hair.

Yeah, lots of people have mentioned this idea, but I really really doubt it can ever happen. If it did, we'd only have like 3 hairstyles to choose from.

It would be so infuriatingly difficult to program, they would only ever make one hairstyle a month at most. Plus, it would probably look a lot worse than the 'solid' hairstyles we have now. It's just about impossible to incorporate shape and length differences in varying degrees while also maintaining a natural look and having the hair fall properly.

It's a cool idea and fun to think about, but it's practically impossible. One set of hair on a head would crash a computer XD
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh! ... and of course Naveen Andrews (Sayid from Lost) :mrgreen:

Naveen.jpgnaveenandrews.jpg
    Naveen%2BAndrews_6.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Anshin wrote:
    09curly.jpg

See, when I imagine that transformed into a game mesh, it just makes me think it'd look too much like wavy hair instead of curly.
  • Options
    OMFGItsVicoOMFGItsVico Posts: 478 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Anshin wrote:
    Oh! ... and of course Naveen Andrews (Sayid from Lost) :mrgreen:

Naveen.jpgnaveenandrews.jpg
    Naveen%2BAndrews_6.jpg

Dude, Sayid is the Ultimate! If he dies in S6 I will be so angry at the LOST writers, haha.
  • Options
    HazyAmberHazyAmber Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I know there are places to download a SINGLE slightly curled hairstyle for the sims, but its a pain to download and it actually gave my computer a virus. It actually makes me very dissapointed that the new "Wonderous, 5 Star" computer game not only doesn't have individuality in the hairstyles, but also is very steriotypical.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    HazyAmber wrote:
    It actually makes me very dissapointed that the new "Wonderous, 5 Star" computer game not only doesn't have individuality in the hairstyles, but also is very steriotypical.
    -Hairstyles are not stereotypical themselves, how YOU view them makes them stereotype.
    -No individuality? There are over 4 BILLION colour combinations for each hair style. And that's just working off a 256 colour palette of which the CAS exceeds.
  • Options
    HypesesHypeses Posts: 171 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It's when most of the 'skin' icons [in traits and moodlets] have the same color it makes you wonder,

I do wonder why they wouldn't add curled hair; too much coding? Not enough demand? Their precious grilled cheese was burning so they didn't get a chance to make it? [racist?]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yes, it does look strange that the three "normal" skin tone swatches are displayed at the extreme light end of the spectrum. I think what's really questionable about their coding is that if you have two sims have a baby and their skin tone is from the same swatch then the babies will have a chance of being blended from between the two skin tones, so a light tone and a dark tone can have medium toned babies. Which is great, BUT... if they are from different swatches this doesn't happen and the babies always clone one parent's skin tone or the other. Since the three "normal" tones are practically the same most people will randomly assign them, and ultimately it gives a totally messed up impression of "normal" genetic inheritance. Given that skin tone is recorded as an RGB value it shouldn't matter what the parents look like. Programming incomplete dominance (blending) would be as simple as drawing a line between the two parental point values and picking along it for the babies. There is nothing in the way skin tone value is saved that should have prevented a color wheel for that aspect of the game, but they chose not to.

Rakeesh - HazyAmber means that it's stereotypical to not include curly hair at all. Being able to make the same straight hairstyle 4 billion colors doesn't allow many people make their SimSelf (the first thing most people want to do) they can't even approximate.
  • Options
    Gamergirl22Gamergirl22 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think that it is bull that they don't have any curly hair. I have had curly hair since the day I was born. I can't make a Sim that looks like me because the hairs are all not me. I have long curly hair. Now and forever.

Give us curly hair!!!!!

It isn't fair that we will have to pay extra for something that God has given us!!
  • Options
    SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited July 2009
    Mod the Sims website now has a very short curly hair for guys and girls. It's on my current avatar.
  • Options
    GirlwithcurlsGirlwithcurls Posts: 333 Member
    edited July 2009
    Anshin wrote:
    09curly.jpg
    114202-main_Full.jpg
    curly.jpg
    ringlet-hair.jpg

I so love the red heads hairsytle. That is what I am trying to do for my own hair in real life. Copied pic and taking to my hairdresser. These would be wonderful in our game too...

I still don't get why EA made mostly stratight hair... The styles have been leaning toward curly wavy hair... are we in a time warp. LOL? ;o)
  • Options
    CollmarCollmar Posts: 143 New Member
    edited July 2009
    We need curly and wavy hairstyles. :)

I've seen some new styles on some of the new sims on the exchange but I can't find them anywhere on this site. what the heck is going on?
  • Options
    SimmingintherainSimmingintherain Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2009
    fear not my simmers i have found some curly hair down at mod the sims! but ladies, keep those picket signs because its only for men :( well ladies can wear it but its really short

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356940

• Options
    teakersneakersteakersneakers Posts: 1,967 New Member
    edited July 2009
    thanks Simmingtherain!!! I have curly hair, so this is a great thing for me!!!! thx again :D
  • Options
    kushakusha Posts: 2,465 New Member
    edited July 2009
    got a sig from MissyM?
    got a sig from itsallabouteriks9?
    got a sig from msSells?
    got a sig from someone else?
    got a sig that you made?

people with signatures, enter in my signature showdown!

its very easy to enter, you will be done entering and back on to whatever you were doing in less than 30 seconds!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/70257.page#658988
  • Options
    GirlwithcurlsGirlwithcurls Posts: 333 Member
    edited July 2009
    Here is a montage of curly hair (and yes,we need curly for BOTH Women and Men!;o) )

MonteageofCurlyHair.jpg]

EA, are you listening? Have you heard us???? :shock:
  • Options
    hellboy333hellboy333 Posts: 102 New Member
    edited July 2009
    wow.. you would of thought that the creators of the sims 3 might of at least checked the forums after making such a buggy game

but I still love it by the way :?
  • Options
    CorgwnArmadaCorgwnArmada Posts: 460 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Psst...

(there is nothing stopping us now... :D)
  • Options
    martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited July 2009
    Psst...

(there is nothing stopping us now... :D)

Okay! And away we go!
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes, curlyhair would be great! I like long waves :)...