Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE 12 DAYS OF SIMSMAS - DAY 5: Five Onion Rings

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
Day 5: Five Onion Rings

Sul sul!

Welcome to Day 5 of The 12 Days of Simsmas, for today's challenge we'll be baking and selling some sweet holiday treats (without burning the kitchen down...)

Bake up some delicious holiday treats and try to turn a profit by selling them at your Anywhere Any Fare Food Stand.

9y5du4vdksdf.png

Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Who’s the sim waving? She’s pretty
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited December 2023
    Served with Love, Shelly Heart's food stall, does very well! Loads of custom, which helps Sugar Rush CafΓ©, owned by her sister, Shine Furystrykar. Even their parents and young sisters, Vinny, Jessica, Rebecca and Polly Honeydew, came over to buy something!

839848912f5867e443ee4e69f00a2405885659b9.png
    18e32a5064779403f88c7088402c5dab67b5a0bd.png
    c470fec67d46a98dbf8903fb271b40533e5aa09a.png
    4dc2dc2d29da16aa003407b379a046d048ab4514.png
    c3bc92e3f91444f43600f68b0b4449115b0f4d96.png

End result:
    2b70e6a572ad445ba18e9dfeeb772dbf9add5483.png
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I guess I'm giving this a miss since I don't own the new cooking pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    @Mariefoxprice83 you could still have your sim bake some holiday treats and try selling them another way. :)
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    @Mariefoxprice83 you could still have your sim bake some holiday treats and try selling them another way. :)

True. I've had fun running a bakery in the past, and I suppose I could try the tables where you sell things in the city (I've never done that). I don#t have too much time tonight so maybe tomorrow.
  • Options
    @Mariefoxprice83 I've never used those either! Sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    xVLeMBp.png
    CemdGMp.png
    s1mPmxU.png

She sold surprisingly many plates of grand meal.. after all, it was a blizzard and 4am winterfest night... :|
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu lovely photos! 4 am grand meal during a blizzard. Only in the sims. :D
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    @Belalucina , Totally doable, without gloves too, and she did not even got a flu :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Lovely pics everyone. Today is my 26th wedding anniversary so no simming today ;) Will catch up tomorrow <3
  • Options
    @mcrudd happy anniversary! πŸŽ‰
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    mcrudd wrote: Β»
    Lovely pics everyone. Today is my 26th wedding anniversary so no simming today ;) Will catch up tomorrow <3

Happy anniversary! I'm 2 days out from the 10th anniversary with my wife myself :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @mcrudd and @EA_Cade, Happy Anniversary to you both!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited December 2023
    Happy 26th anniversary to you and your husband @mcrudd...πŸ™‚

And Happy early 10th anniversary to you and your wife @EA_Cade...πŸ™‚
  • Options
    Well June did some baking and as you can see I'm still using the house from yesterdays challenge.
    12-19-23-8-13-55-PM.png

They decided to explore Tomarang today. It's not very lively first thing in the morning, but we'll soon change that.
    12-19-23-8-32-56-PM.png
    12-19-23-8-33-33-PM.png
    12-19-23-8-36-29-PM.png

Not too bad for her first food sale I guess.
    Screenshot-330.png
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2023
    I don't have the Home Chef Hustle Pack, so I used one of the yard sale tables (this one looked festive like a candy cane) and Rose was able to sell almost all of her holiday treats during the time of the yard sale! And yes, you can run a yard sale with an infant in the back carrier. Marigold looks very proud to help her mama sell some Christmas sweets :)

3e2rKE3.jpg

(Also happy anniversary @mcrudd!)
  • Options
    @permanentrose good idea using the yard sale table. Marigold looks nice and warm in her hooded coat. :)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2023
    @Belalucina thanks, and really I should credit you and @Mariefoxprice83 because I don’t think I would have thought of the yard sale table as quickly without you two mentioning other options first!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I moved Harry into a separate place so he could learn to bake, then the Welcome Wagon turned up, including his nemesis, who immediately raided the fridge and stole one of the cupcakes. I locked the kitchen after that.

a6efcf425f7d71ec00402bd3a191c164038b2f27.pnj

The poor guy is not happy, I don't think he likes baking. He's much more into physical activities like jogging, the training bot and swordplay (I wish it was its own skill).

Harry's friend told him about the Romance Festival so he packed up his treats and brought them to give away to people. He invited a few of his other friends to try them as well. I couldn't find the sale table so I had to use the folding one from Get Outdoors.

96c72dc0eb5f94defb367cfdca8df8b1e837167b.pnj

A random festival guest ate a muffin.

71eb0a86f60547729ee2888b0aad1eebd404a246.pnj

Only about half the treats were eaten so Harry had to pack the rest up to take home.

Sadly my game keeps getting bugged by trapping sims on lots so I may need to call it quits on the challenges this year and look at reinstalling mods as something has been iffy since the last update and the point when I installed the free Romantic Garden pack. I'm just thankful I have only opened less important saves since then. I'd be sad to lose this one because it has the original versions of my book characters for screenshots, as well as their home. Maybe I'll post on the Answers site when I can face it.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
  • Options
    Aww thanks all for all your lovely well wishes on my anniversary <3 Also congrats to you @EA_Cade for your anniversary tomorrow :)

Loading my game now to catch up with the challenges ;)
  • Options
    All set up, but where is everyone?
    xxDGlXA.png

There they are :)
    SLOURQm.png

Successful day <3
    r7T7lYX.png
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    @mcrudd and @EA_Cade Happy Anniversary.

This is the first time I've used the stall so it's not much. Seeing everyone's pics is showing me what I can do with it now :)
    iCma4PZ.png
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited December 2023
    I had my Sim bake 7 great desserts (level 10 homestyle cooking, gourmet cooking and baking) in @EA_Solaire's present hunt house where my Sim lives now (awesome house) <3! Then, on my Anywhere Any Fare Food Stand, my Sim made Β§300! However, I don't have pictures of an actual sale (I was using triple speed), but I did get the notification, and there was always a long line during the sale, and I did see money being earned. I do have some screenshots, though B)!
    qU59pEJ.png
    the long line of customers
    UTcn9ZG.png
    such a long sale gave someone an "energy failure :s," and the principal thinks I charged too much :o:D!
    4kkjdXo.png