Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unlucky Chef Scenario (completed)

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    The fires seem to be worse these days...
    iGbdAgy.png
    8K9sADq.jpg

We'll stick to salads.
    jZ770yx.png

Jerry is learning to crawl.
    4S4NnIP.jpg

And Elsie had 4 days off from work and already prepared enough food to complete her daily task so she gets to enjoy little moments with Jerry more now.
    LamvdWc.png

He has learned to crawl but he's angry since he just wants to be carried. Poor Jerry lol.
    qYXKYqY.png

And now he can stand! (I've never played an infant long enough to reach all the milestones yet, does it alert you when you've reached them all? I'm just not sure what Jerry has left)
    9Rv3W75.png

He's just too cute.
    NQpLgOv.png

I made the mistake of using the stove lol.
    xlF2SHd.png

But when Elsie went to work, she came home with a promotion and finished the scenario!
    WAOPdtv.png

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Cool @permanentrose. I reckon I’d get too scared to brave the fires, so well done.

I am setting up a new save and going to do an Extraterrestrial Explorer…. (with a secretly alien roommate :D )
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2023
    @NRowe thank you <3 and thanks so much for following our journey, after your scenario you should come and join us in the new scenario over here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1008836/super-rich-supervillain-scenario#latest :)

@permanentrose I love the animations as they skill up is super cool, even with the cooking in between all the fires LOL. I used to love having cowplants, but I think I will skip them for a bit, they are definitely dying to quick now. I was also waiting for a midlife crisis or something like that to pop up LOL, thankfully not :D
    It is so strange how our fires got worst as we had level 10 in everything related to cooking. Poor Elsie she has little Jerry to worry about as well. Aww look at little Jerry crawling and oh my goodness standing up. He is growing up right before our eyes. Oh my gosh your screenie where you made the mistake of using the stove is hilarious, everyone including the kitty looks disappointed LOL. Congratulations on completing the scenario <3 It was so much fun watching your game play :) I will add completed to our main thread now <3
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @permanentrose unfortunately they don't alert you when you have all infant milestones. However there are 33 infant milestones to be had, but you don't have to get them all. If you google "sims 4 infant milestones" there should be some sites that list them; think Sims Community is the one I used & it also lists all other lifestage milestones.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @mcrudd and @permanentrose, Congrats to you both for completing the scenario! Enjoyed your stories and look forward to the next ones. @NRowe, Extraterrestrial Explorer sounds interesting! Will add it to my growing list of scenarios I want to try. Good luck to all three of you with your next scenarios!
  • Options
    @Starfree thanks for that info! I usually play with aging off and i don’t like aging up sims until they max what they need to at each life stage so that is helpful information! Since I’m not actively playing Jerry anymore though I may age him up since I have a mod that has toddlers spawn at community lots so then he can start showing up as a background character in my game play
  • Options
    @mcrudd and @permanentrose, Congrats to you both for completing the scenario! Enjoyed your stories and look forward to the next ones. @NRowe, Extraterrestrial Explorer sounds interesting! Will add it to my growing list of scenarios I want to try. Good luck to all three of you with your next scenarios!

Thank you so much <3
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    You guys inspired me to try this one.
    Meet Kevin Nomnom
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-29-at-8-25-03-PM.png

I took the sim who popped up when I started CAS and just switched the gender and changed the eye color.
    Kevin has the traits Active, Foodie, and Overachiever.
    He's got personality. I like him.
    05-30-23-7-30-25-AM.png
    I moved him into this starter in Oasis Springs
    05-30-23-7-01-11-AM.png

Where he found out both that he likes cooking
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-7-08-49-AM.png

And that he has special difficulties with cooking
    05-30-23-7-40-09-AM.png

The firefighters danced!!! First time in my Sims experience ever
    05-30-23-7-40-40-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-7-41-28-AM.png

Kevin's closest friends are Johnny Zest, who came over as the welcome wagon
    05-30-23-7-09-51-AM.png

and Bob Pancakes, whom Kevin met at the gym, even though they work at the same place
    05-30-23-7-28-53-AM.png

Kevin adores Bob. Awww
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-8-24-37-AM.png

Johnny took Kevin to the Humor and Hijinks festival, where Kevin met Zoe Patel and Ulrike Faust. On Love Day, he called each of them to ask for a date, and both of them turned him down. But then Zoe called back and asked him out. They had a good time.

Then the next day Zoe barged into his bedroom to ask Kevin to be her boyfriend.
    Right before Bob barged into his bedroom to ask Kevin to be his best friend.
    With the predictable results

Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-10-48-46-AM.png

Kevin isn't 100% sure about the future of his relationship with Zoe but it's fun for now
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-11-17-13-AM.png

So, my idea had been to make Mr. Nomnom into a sushi chef, whose stove issues are a shameful secret. It started out okay, with Kevin and Bob hitting the town learning recipes for regular and experimental sushi
    05-30-23-8-30-17-AM.png

05-30-23-10-33-40-AM.png

Moving up the aspiration levels
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-10-38-07-AM.png

Starting to kit out the house like a proper foodie
    05-30-23-9-37-27-AM.png

Sushi and wine party to thank the firefighters very much for their assistance
    05-30-23-9-49-27-AM.png

Also for this
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-11-36-41-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-11-36-36-AM.png

Kevin took Zoe on a beautiful vacation to Mt. Komorebi, intending to eat and learn as many types of sushi as he could
    05-30-23-1-56-05-PM.png

But, no matter how much sushi he ate, he could no longer learn the recipes.
    05-30-23-12-10-42-PM.png

05-30-23-2-03-12-PM.png

I don't get it.

I mean, he can still make onigiri off the basic cooking menu, and nigiri which he learned in San Myshuno, and presumably if and when I get him his chef station, he'll be able to make that square wasabi thing.

But I guess it's just those things? Why can't he learn more sushi recipes?
    I have definitely had sims learn the Mt. Komorebi sushi recipes before, no problem.
    I dunno. I'm a bit discouraged about that.

Anyhow, for now, Kevin Nomnom is level 4 in his career, coming along on the aspiration, and money is fine.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-30-at-11-13-43-AM.png

Not sure yet if I'll continue or not.

• Options
    Oooh @mightysprite Kevin looks very interesting, love love his surname hahaha so perfect for this scenario :) A sushi chef how clever, would never have thought of that, much safer than using the stove LOL. Congrats on the gold for your dinner party :) I do hope you continue, it was very interesting to read of Kevin and his adventures, but I understand if you don't because of the whole learning sushi recipe bug thingy. It was and aweSim update though ;)
  • Options
    Haha thanks @mcrudd :)
    I looked more into the sushi recipe issue. I think these recipes might require gourmet cooking skill, and Kevin is still only at skill point 1 there. I'll try skilling him up in gourmet cooking next time I play and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Kevin's journey is so fun, and making sushi is a great way to avoid the stove haha. I love his friendship with Bob especially
  • Options
    Haha thanks @mcrudd :)
    I looked more into the sushi recipe issue. I think these recipes might require gourmet cooking skill, and Kevin is still only at skill point 1 there. I'll try skilling him up in gourmet cooking next time I play and see if that helps.

Aaah that would make sense, I tend to forget there are two types of cooking skills. Let me know if that is indeed the issue. Go Kevin you can do it :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks @NRowe :)

Kevin had a want to get to know Diego Lobo better, and a want to drink a glass of nectar, so off he went to do both.
    05-31-23-12-54-02-PM.png

It was a sunny summer day, perfect for poolside glasses of white. Then Kevin got a text from his best friend Bob Pancakes
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-12-53-33-PM.png

Kevin apologized to Diego and spent a little while texting back and forth trying to reassure Bob

Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-12-53-45-PM.png

Aww Bob! Never change.
    (Every time Kevin's Adoring sentiment for Bob fades away, he gets a new one over again the next time he sees Bob. Me too, Kevin.)

Kevin invited Bob to join them.

"Does he have to sing?" asked Diego.
    "Look, he's my best friend, he's going through a rough patch, and this seems to make him happy," said Kevin.
    "Child, stop," said Vivian Lewis.

05-31-23-12-56-09-PM.png

"Oh l-rd, now there are two of them," said Diego.
    05-31-23-12-57-14-PM.png

For some reason, Diego hasn't called since.

Kevin met his girlfriend Zoe at the end of her shift.
    05-31-23-1-18-34-PM.png

He invited her to come over for the night. But he had to work on his Mixology skill.
    "Are you coming to bed?" she called.
    "I'm just trying to get this Ridgeport right," he said.
    The Ridgeport recipe was annoying him. This stupid skill requirement was really messing with his night
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-1-24-41-PM.png

He'd been at it a long time. It was pretty quiet in the bedroom. She was asleep.
    05-31-23-1-25-19-PM.png

She woke up first the next morning.
    They'd gotten together when she barged into his bedroom asking to be his girlfriend. Now, she couldn't leave his bedroom fast enough.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-1-26-34-PM.png

Kevin woke up from a nightmare in which he was a bartender
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-1-51-01-PM.png

She was gone.

Kevin tried to focus on his mixology book for work. Reading the book was more tolerable than trying to make the drinks
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-1-54-28-PM.png

Zoe stopped by in a sad mood as Kevin was about to leave for work. "We need to talk," she said.
    "I have to go," he said.
    "To work, I know..."
    "Let's talk after."
    05-31-23-1-42-06-PM.png

She was waiting on the porch after work. With a full head of steam.
    05-31-23-2-01-56-PM.png

How everything with him was about work. How he was staying up late at night making drinks he didn't even like. How their supposed romantic vacation turned out to be all about him trying to learn recipes.
    He mentioned that she might not understand since her job was kind of a menial one with very little responsibility.
    That didn't help.
    05-31-23-2-02-21-PM.png

They broke up.

The next morning, it was raining. Kevin fell down in a mud puddle. Then, he fell down in a second mud puddle. In his chef's whites.
    05-31-23-2-16-16-PM.png

Later, the shower broke.
    05-31-23-4-35-05-PM.png

Now it's your turn to do a menial job, Kevin.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-4-46-19-PM.png

On the bright side, Kevin got to gourmet cooking level 3, and we got this!
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-12-25-18-PM.png

We're in business!!

Kevin can make sushi rolls now!!!
    05-31-23-1-29-15-PM.png

But at what price?
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-2-03-34-PM.png

• Options
    Oh no. Any idea what caused the breakup?

I haven’t been able to play for some days because full time work and not sleeping well has left me too tired to play in the evening. I’m definitely much more Adult age than Young Adult. But it’s Friday night here and a long (three day) weekend because of Kings birthday. So I’m about to make some grilled cheese for my dinner in preparation for maybe playing some serious Sims.
  • Options
    @mightysprite aww poor Bob, atleast he has a good friend like Kevin to cheer him up :) Oh my gosh disliking mixology is going to make your scenario even more difficult. Oh how sad that Kevin and Zoe broke up :( Ooof he does not like handiness either, gosh he does not like much things does he. Mmmm those sushi rolls look super yummy.

@NRowe we also have a long weekend because of the King's birthday. I made grilled chicken for dinner, but think that grilled cheese would have been so much nicer. Happy simming for when you do get time to play.
  • Options
    Actually @mcrudd. I think I remember reading that you're a fellow Kiwi. The grilled cheese turned out merely "normal" quality but at least I didn't set the stove on fire! ;)
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    Actually @mcrudd. I think I remember reading that you're a fellow Kiwi. The grilled cheese turned out merely "normal" quality but at least I didn't set the stove on fire! ;)

Yip a Kiwi I am :) (starwars humour due to your Grogu ;)) I live in the Auckland region :) Good to hear your stove is not on fire LOL, I was lazy and used the airfryer.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Funny you are. Auckland too I live.
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    Funny you are. Auckland too I live.

LOL :D
  • Options
    One thing you can say about a breakup: being single again means you can stay out till all hours sampling new foods anytime you want!
    05-31-23-1-17-10-PM.png

Well, Kevin had been doing that anyway, but now there was no need to feel guilty about it anymore.

Johnny told Kevin he was hiding in his work and needed to get out and have fun... and "get back out there" as he put it.
    "Come to the club tonight. I'll be your wingman."

Kevin wasn't really in the mood for much requiring a wingman, not yet anyway. He had fun dancing, and flirted with an attractive woman or too. No one he had much in common with. No one he felt like taking home. But it was good to feel alive in that way.
    05-31-23-4-24-12-PM.png

"Didn't get lucky, huh?" asked Johnny on the way home.
    Kevin said he felt lucky enough on his own for now.
    (Just a bit unlucky around stoves.)
    "I kind of have someone I wanted to ask to the club tonight, but I was too nervous, do you think it's worth a try?" asked Johnny.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-4-27-41-PM.png

"The SimTuber?" Kevin asked. "Does he even know you exist?"
    "I basically created my whole comedy SimTube channel in an effort to get his attention," Johnny moaned. "I'm so pathetic."
    "Go for it, dude. You'll be as big a star as he is before long, I just know it."

On his day off, Kevin took a day trip to Mt. Komorebi. Alone.
    He checked out some more sushi.
    05-31-23-4-52-18-PM.png

He did some snowy activities this time.
    05-31-23-5-00-31-PM.png

Alone.
    05-31-23-5-05-51-PM.png

Johnny texted.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-4-58-09-PM.png

Kevin headed over to the lounge just in search of some friendly company.
    "Hi there! Did you like your sushi?"
    "What?"
    "Oh... uh, you don't remember me, do you."
    She seemed really awkward, but also really cute.
    05-31-23-5-13-57-PM.png

(What is this adorable thing where her right eye doesn't open as far as her left in certain facial expressions? I just love it.)
    05-31-23-5-14-14-PM.png

"You were at the restaurant where I work."
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-5-12-39-PM.png

(Flashback: There she is in the background.)
    05-30-23-12-10-42-PM.png

"I'm sorry not to have remembered you."
    "It's okay. People usually don't remember their waiters. I noticed your hair. And your beautiful girlfriend," she added hurriedly.
    "Well, she isn't my girlfriend anymore. We broke up recently."
    "Oh! I mean... oh, how sad."
    05-31-23-5-13-03-PM.png

Her name was Mayumi Okada. She was an art history student at Foxbury, just working at Susu Sushi to pay the bills for now, but she loved watching the chefs work.
    "It's amazing. They are so dedicated to their work."
    "You don't think chefs work too much?"
    "I think if you want to do something well, it has to take a lot of time. As long as you don't forget to take days off too."
    Kevin thought those sounded like expectations he could live up to.
    05-31-23-5-16-35-PM.png

Their evening ended with a late-night walk and an awkward, but not unpleasant, little snuggle on a bench.
    05-31-23-5-29-31-PM.png

They said goodnight and Kevin sat with a dreamy, foggy head for a little while after she left.
    05-31-23-5-31-09-PM.png

Kevin got an invitation from a new neighbor.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-5-09-26-PM.png

Huh, maybe Izzy was serious about Johnny after all? He decided to go over after work.

Work was great today! Kevin was quite relieved to say to the owner that he never wanted to tend another bar again.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-4-39-45-PM.png

He heard from Zoe for the first time in a while.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-7-15-29-PM.png

He thought about many things as he prepared something nice to bring over to the new Fabulous residence.
    What do you bring to a new neighbor? Gourmet fruitcake, of course.
    Oh wait.
    That requires the oven.
    05-31-23-5-36-36-PM.png

Never mind.
    Kevin decided to leave the oven in this state, to remind him not to use it any longer.
    05-31-23-5-40-32-PM.png

Sushi it is.
    05-31-23-5-44-24-PM.png

Izzy and Johnny are pretty cute together.
    05-31-23-5-46-34-PM.png

Kevin asked Mayumi for a coffee date the next morning before work. Just a casual cup of coffee at Morebucks.
    (Morebucks Coffee is a build I made for Newcrest in my Local Color game. I haven't actually played in it till now.)
    05-31-23-5-58-28-PM.png

They talked about food and art. She had a goofy sense of humor but was serious about the things she loved. It turned out she'd hand-painted her jacket one day when she got distracted in the studio.
    This is a one-of-a-kind girl, thought Kevin.

Perhaps one to hold on to.
    05-31-23-6-04-44-PM.png

"She sounds wonderful and you sound happy," texted Bob. "Take it slow, let's not have anyone barge into anyone's bedroom this time."
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-7-19-32-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-5-59-37-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-6-05-31-PM.png
  • Options
    @mightysprite Kevin does seem to take the break up well, he is looking happy with his new foods, which looks super yummy too :) Kevin looks like he is having a lot of fun at Mt Komorebi. Hahaha Kevin was real quick to say that Zoe was not his girlfriend anymore when he met the beautiful Mayumi LOL. Hahaha the oven is evil but he will remember that now leaving it so burned up in the house :D I am rooting for Kevin and Mayumi. Great update enjoyed every second of it ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Thanks @mcrudd :)

Kevin is having some ideas about the future with Mayumi too!
    He never had these wants with Zoe.
    Screen-Shot-2023-06-02-at-2-47-51-PM.png

Being an overachiever, Kevin has a plan.
    (Being a respectful guy, Kevin isn't assuming Mayumi will say yes, but he's hoping.)
    Kevin is embarrassed to invite Mayumi to his thrown-together bachelor pad. He wants to save up for somewhere nicer to bring her, and to possibly invite her to join him in someday.
    There's a place down the street, Raffia Quinta, that's on the market and that Kevin has his eye on. He needs to save up about 12,000 more simoleons to buy it.
    He'd always vaguely wanted to move to a nicer place once he was well established in his career and could afford it, but well, now the motivation is a bit stronger and more immediate.

He swore he'd work his hardest every day, until he could buy the house. But no work today. Today is Harvestfest, which itself will provide him a nice simoleon boost!
    05-31-23-7-11-23-PM.png

Kevin planned to spend most of the day cooking at home and letting the seed packets accumulate so he can sell them. He is going to take a feast over to the Pancakes' house.
    He was delighted to discover that you don't need an oven to make Tiramisu!
    05-31-23-7-25-33-PM.png

In the midst of his carefully planned day however, he received an awkwardly timed invitation for a date, from his current favorite source of awkwardness... he couldn't say no.

Every time I click on Mayumi while playing Kevin, this option pops up on the first screen. I guess he's serious about this one. He decided to float the idea, only in very general terms
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-7-29-22-PM.png

They were only speaking in very general terms, but she seemed awkwardly appreciative of the thought
    05-31-23-7-29-44-PM.png

Kevin returned home and finished preparing the feast. Hey, apparently cooking three gourmet dishes on a holiday counts as "at a single event" for the aspiration!
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-5-40-52-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-5-40-59-PM.png

And he can now cook the rest of the sushi menu!!!
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-5-41-09-PM.png

Huh... some of these are dishes Kevin hasn't tasted...

I guess we didn't have to run all over Mt. Komorebi to learn sushi recipes, as you do with the City Living ones :/
    They seem to just be part of the gourmet cooking skill.

Oh well, going to Mt. Komorebi was fun, and he met someone special there. No harm done.

Harvestfest at the Pancakes' with their toddler Alonzo, and some good friends!
    05-31-23-7-40-23-PM.png

05-31-23-7-42-53-PM.png

Even though he was out for part of the day, he still got a nice S1800 sum from the gnomes and seed packets. It's a start.

Next on Kevin's simoleon-earning plan: find a way to start selling sushi independently. Oo, and tiramisu. He can't afford to open up a restaurant, but here's something not too far off
    Homemade sushi and tiramisu stand!
    05-31-23-8-33-52-PM.png

No one bought anything at the park. But in front of his house, he had better luck.
    "It's so local," celebrities enthused.
    05-31-23-8-41-56-PM.png

Kevin was surprised at how much he could mark up the prices.
    Screen-Shot-2023-06-02-at-2-51-10-PM.png

Pretty soon the table was empty.
    Kevin was hungry, needed a shower and a shave, and it was almost time for work.
    05-31-23-8-44-36-PM.png

Zoe, you have the worst timing sometimes.
    05-31-23-8-45-44-PM.png

She had some big news... looks like she's moving on with her life, too.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-8-45-12-PM.png

Whether it was watching his friends' lives moving forward, or whether it was a near-zap from the coffeemaker he was grudgingly fixing, Kevin wondered if his life was moving forward too or if he was just spinning his wheels
    Screen-Shot-2023-06-02-at-2-21-45-PM.png

He resolved to continue with his plan and to move forward, hopefully with Mayumi, if it was what she wanted and if they were truly right together.

But working hard every day, plus spending several hours a day on food preparation and sales, was taking its toll.
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-2-17-13-PM.png

In the meantime, his two besties came over to remind him that being a bachelor was okay too.
    06-02-23-8-23-43-PM.png

"I can put some dinner on--" began Kevin.
    "No, dude, I just want cold cuts," said Johnny.
    "Bob, can I cook you something?"
    Bob looked at Johnny's plate, and at Kevin's exhausted face. "You know, I'm in the mood for cold cuts too."
    Screen-Shot-2023-06-02-at-8-27-09-PM.png

And some affirmation came from work! Level 7! You can do it Kevin!
    Screen-Shot-2023-05-31-at-8-50-50-PM.png

(Kevin stealthily sticks to the assembly and decoration part of pastry-making, and delegates the actual baking to some unsuspecting assistants...)

This promotion came with not one, not two, but three pot racks! Since Kevin has a pot rack already, he sold the ones he got with his promotion. That netted him another tidy sum, over 1000 simoleons on top of his promotion bonus. Looks like it won't be long before he can call up a realtor.
  • Options
    @mightysprite, aww I am sure they will make the cutest couple ever. Mmm Tiramisu, how yummy. Aww talking about marriage <3 Little Alonzo is so cute, the pancakes make beautiful babies. Way to go on selling all the treats infront of your house Kevin. OMG Zoe way to throw it in Kevin's face that you moved on. Aww Kevin you will be all goods, have a chat with some elders they will put your mind at ease <3 Aww Kevin you have some super nice friends, hold onto them :) AweSim updadate mightysprite, enjoyed reading it :)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @mcrudd Good idea about finding some elders to talk to. It being a newer save, there aren't too many elders around, but maybe I can find a premade or two, or maybe visit a lounge during the daytime which seems to be elder hour :D