Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unlucky Chef Scenario (completed)

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    I'm so sorry about your brother @mcrudd πŸ˜₯. Know your sims family & friends are here for you if you need a shoulder or an ear to vent to πŸ’–πŸ’–.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    So I got a surprise. I checked my screenshot folder and had some game play pics I can upload while my game loads ;)

Kiana was only allowed cold cuts before work, I wanted her to be in a good mood for that promotion opportunity ;)
    qJpYHYZ.png

Success :)
    KbLHYjZ.png

Started her daily tasks and no fire, what an awesim day
    iZNcNQT.png

Tried to cook the gourmet meal for the aspiration and FIRE !!!! (it looks as if she is looking at me while thinking what did I do?)
    z1rH1QK.png

The Firelady arrived and scolded my sim before putting out the fire, she is fed up doing this housecall
    ma3MOwC.png
    M2izPto.png

Kiana went to bed, and will see what tomorrow brings.
    ZTaqbtf.png

My game has loaded in the background while posting the above update from pics I already had. Will play for a bit now <3

• Options
    Starfree wrote: Β»
    I'm so sorry about your brother @mcrudd πŸ˜₯. Know your sims family & friends are here for you if you need a shoulder or an ear to vent to πŸ’–πŸ’–.

Thank you so much <3 My sims family has actually helped me so much the last 7 years, you are all the best <3
  • Options
    Had some time to play :) Kiana woke up all nice and relaxed and ready for work.

She however did not have a good start, slipping in a mud puddle as she was about to leave for work, making her a little late.
    1Kzfgjf.png

I thought of spoiling her after work with a bit of splashing and fresh air. She loved it and went home so chilled and ready for any thing.
    aBTcLWb.png
    I2e0Bm2.png

UNTIL !!!
    ZKNEPWM.png

She extinguished herself and had a well deserving bubble bath
    epCgCe4.png

Kiana had to make a salad as she can not afford to replace her stove at the moment.
    4pWiqsd.png

Don't worry Kiana we will sort out money and work on that promotion tomorrow, off to bed with you for now.
    7G3pXyb.png

That is me for now simmers, I have to catch up with the washing and cleaning up and then I might load my game again a bit later :)

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @mcrudd I'm sorry it's been a tough few days, totally understandable that you needed some time. I hope things end up being okay for you and your family - that's not an easy situation. It is nice to have you back though, and I'm enjoying your updates. Take Kiana fishing in the neighborhood they live in - Elsie keeps fishing up dragon fruits there and once those are planted and sold, they really keep the money coming in haha.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Elsie is ready to burst any moment.
    DfExUbK.jpg

And there it is :D
    6c1zW1z.jpg

She invited Josh to come to the hospital with her but then he just left. Sad.
    56qKio7.jpg
    bsoZxlN.jpg

She gave birth to a baby boy, and I rolled to find a name and Jerry came up and I thought it was funny so I kept it lol.
    PJwSqH5.jpg

He looks like a little old man :D
    Fmmmeof.jpg

I didn't realize that newborns had more clothing options now (I'm assuming that came with the Growing Together pack, and I love it!)
    LlXqoTS.jpg

Josh finally showed up.
    g0gbUXe.jpg

Let's see if Josh is worthy of staying in their lives haha... (Jerry's face is killing me here. He looks like such an old man LOL)
    QeVKpeS.jpg

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I was so happy to see the new scenarios and love that you are doing them together! @permanentrose, I just love Poppy! She is so adorable! You made me laugh with saying Jerry looks like an old man! LOL I think he is adorable as well! @mcrudd, Sorry to hear about your brother. I can't imagine how difficult the past 7 years have been. Wishing you the best and the strength to help you through whatever comes next. I am enjoying your story as well. Enjoying both stories as don't have time to start my own scenarios right now, but the inspiration from your stories gives me ideas for mine when I am able to have more time to play!
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    @mcrudd So sorry to hear about the-I struggle to find an adequate word for what your family is going through-does turmoil feel descriptive?you're experiencing.

I hope you take whatever time you need for yourself, and know that you are cared for by your Sim Friends who will welcome you back whenever you are ready.

• Options
    @permanentrose I seriously thought that Elsie was going to have at least twins with that big tumtum. Welcome to the beautiful little Jerry <3 I must agree with you that the new look newborns look like little old people LOL. I love that they added that we can swap and change baby outfits now with a menu and not having to knit them first. I have had simmers ask me to override some of the outfits with my own, but I have searched high and low and was unable to find the files to override them ;) Thanks for the advice to go fishing in the area, I don't like travelling when doing scenario's just in case the game goes buggy, but I will try the fishing idea and hopefully get some dragon fruit like you <3

@maggiemae8135 thanks so much for the lovely comment, it means a lot to me. I am also so happy you are enjoying our game play. Anyone is welcome to join in with the scenario's the more the merrier <3

@rebekah512 thanks for the lovely comment, it means a lot to me. My sims friends have truly been my rock and I love each of them for all their support. I do hope you enjoy reading our scenario game plays. I am sure there will be many more.

@all I am loading my game now to play, I will definitely go fishing to try and get some money, because for now there is no stove :D See you all later with an update <3
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @mcrudd: Love your sim for the scenario. (Also, hugs to you and your family)

@permanentrose: Elsie is a pretty sim. Cute little baby Jerry.

@maggiemae8135: Hello.

@rebekah512: Hello.

@all: Enjoying all the updates.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    So Kiana took @permanentrose advice and went fishing after work, she caught one cowberry :)
    Ms3GllK.png

The next day she got a well deserved promotion
    eiQ3BqM.png

Kiana tried fishing again and caught a ......... cowberry :D
    bAhw588.png

After her promotion a mixology skill got added, so instead of a stove she got a cheap bar.
    k464Y4k.png

While Kiana is sleeping I am trying to decide whether to sell or plant the cowberries LOL
    V0t8LiS.png
  • Options
    @Puddinroy we posted the same time :) Thanks for the compliment, Kiana is a lovely sim, just having a bit of bad luck LOL. Thanks for the hugs too <3
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Still lurking…. ;)
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    @mcrudd I recently read somewhere that if you plant the cowberry then immediately sell it you get 400 simoleons instead of the 150 you get from selling the berry. Not sure how true it is but thought I'd mention it.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Puddinroy Hello :)
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    Hi, @Puddinroy Nice to meetcha
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @mcrudd Thinking of you and family. That must be so unbelievably difficult.
  • Options
    I have screenshots ready to post but I’ve been too busy and tired with work these last few days to put a post together. Hopefully this evening πŸ’œ
  • Options
    Had a minute post so here's a little update :)

Elsie had gained some weight from pregnancy and eating so much gourmet food, so I decided she should start some physical activity.
    MJDLBf9.jpg

But then I got bored and just got her an insta lean potion instead lol
    MS9c0hq.jpg
    YWZIVwp.png

Anyway, even with all the cute outfit options for newborns, I was eager to age Jerry up to an infant.
    9cHf5iH.jpg
    Wz6dRrD.jpg

And her maternity leave is over so it's back to work. (I think she's 2 levels away from being maxed at her career, shouldn't be too much longer until we finish this scenario!)
    5SZXbuI.jpg

Josh decided to be a good dad and showed up right as she left for work.
    CN2QCtJ.jpg

Jerry wasn't a fan of the bottle though.
    xd34ayj.jpg

He even braved a diaper change :D
    rTwET4z.jpg
  • Options
    @NRowe we love you lurking <3

@Starfree oooh that is interesting to know, I unfortuanatly sold the others, but I am sure I will catch more and will try your planting then selling method :)

@mightysprite, I am ok, just feel helpless especially since I was basically the only one that searched for him for 6 years long. But I will have to learn to accept what is happening.

@Permanentrose Elsie is looking good considering how big her pregnancy tummy was LOL Woah for instant lean, wish we had that in real life. Aww Jerry is such a sweet little infant <3 Way to go Josh to come and help out with Jerry. Wonderful update as always :)

@all going to load my game now and play a bit, we were away yesterday so did not have time to play ;)
  • Options
    Kiana got a promotion at work and is now a mixologist.
    Mg2CxNb.png

While making food the whole place burst out in fire again
    BQ5lMJk.png

Now she has a fear of fire, poor thing
    Bk282Rn.png

Even after the insurance pay out she could not afford her bills
    I0EDVKl.png

She got cleaned up and went fishing for dragon fruit, but caught a fish and cowberry instead
    YeAPv12.png

I told her about Starfree's suggestion and she planted and then sold her cowberry for 475 simoleons :)
    UVzuRAS.png

Now she can afford to pay the bills
    sdjpVsV.png

She has a few days off before work. Going to have a dinner party tomorrow for her aspiration and then go fishing some more and work on her mixology skill, we will see you all tomorrow ;)
    wJBYiuL.png

Happy simming everyone <3
  • Options
    @mcrudd Loving seeing Kiana's journey! I feel like Elsie is starting less fires these days, but also she's cooking less since she's so busy with Jerry haha. It's nice to see you play and pick up some tips and tricks - I'm gonna have to try that cowplant trick next time I need money!

Everyone else, thanks for following along! I'm glad our gameplay is enjoyable :)
  • Options
    Last update for today, its a big one, its all four of Kiana's off days and then her first day back at work ;)

Kiana finally caught a dragon fruit and she also got a phone call that made her rich LOL
    yrGiqqS.png

Kiana also worked on her aspiration and had that silver dinner party
    ZmfkTgA.png

She worked on her mixology skill and planted the dragon fruit
    vx6RPrG.png
    Gbaq28X.png

She went fishing and caught some more dragon fruit and she also played the lotto
    WRf5H4j.png

She reached level 10 cooking but lost the lotto. Bob Pancakes won :)
    98FR2cy.png
    PLcVYYE.png

Another dinner party for the aspiration
    tRAKVDl.png

Gosh even as a level 10 cooking skill the fire's still happen but this time Kiana extinguished it and conquered her fear
    hfH0MnH.png
    SFIHMUB.png

And once back at work she got a well deserved raise ;)
    uRBMg69.png

That is me for today simmers <3 Happy simming to you all :)

• Options
    @mcrudd Loving seeing Kiana's journey! I feel like Elsie is starting less fires these days, but also she's cooking less since she's so busy with Jerry haha. It's nice to see you play and pick up some tips and tricks - I'm gonna have to try that cowplant trick next time I need money!

Everyone else, thanks for following along! I'm glad our gameplay is enjoyable :)

Hahaha maybe Kiana should have a science baby to see if she has less fires too :D The cowplant trick is a cool one, 475 simoleons is a lot :p
  • Options
    Just a few screenshots. Elsie is chipping away at career milestones.

It was a rare moment when everyone was asleep at night so Elsie had a visitor...
    Rx4h1zZ.png

<3
    vozvs8L.jpg

sMUKi3x.png