Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EA App

Comments

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    https://downdetector.ca/status/ea/
    This explains it. What a huge outage spike.
    Thought I'd share that!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I was going to my EA App and my Sims 4 and Sims 3 had disappeared from my collection. I am curious if anybody else has had this problem. I can play games I bought if I sign up for EA Play. I was going to play Sims 4 but it has been removed from my collection. I can't access it through Game Hub. I'm just curious as to what happened and if other Simmers were affected too.

I'll play Zombicide (a tabletop game) instead I guess.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Games in my collection section vanished and I have a message that I can play Sims 3 and Sims 4 if I join EA Play.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    edited January 2023

Help! I have the same issue. Everything is gone! The app was working fine for a month and now nothing.

There is a bug report here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/My-EA-app-game-library-is-empty/m-p/12204880/highlight/false#M14976

Let's hope we can get our games back.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yesterday, when I went in game all of my expansion packs were missing. They were there on the app. I did a game repair which fixed it, but this kind of thing shouldn't be happening.
  • Options
    Kittie18Kittie18 Posts: 1 New Member
    When that happened to me I had to restart the EA app & it showed up.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    Games in my collection section vanished and I have a message that I can play Sims 3 and Sims 4 if I join EA Play.
    Same here. Just my luck, I picked the best day to switch... NOT. :s

Since Origin kept freezing my PC, I decided to give the new EA App a try. FAQ promised me I'd get to keep all my games as well as my progress. Imagine my shock when I started the app and found that there were no games at all, and I was told I could buy them, as if I didn't already own them.

Thankfully, I still had an old Origin installer in my Downloads folder. I hope the reinstallation solved whatever conflict between Origin and my PC kept causing the latter to freeze, because then I won't even need the EA App anytime soon. But still... It's reassuring to know that this seems to be a general problem at the moment rather than something wrong with my account.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Help! I have the same issue. Everything is gone! The app was working fine for a month and now nothing.

There is a bug report here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/My-EA-app-game-library-is-empty/m-p/12204880/highlight/false#M14976

Let's hope we can get our games back.

my games reappeared. This was a scary half hour. Let's hope this doesn't happen again. Origin was horrible with the forced update last summer but at least it didn't play these kind of nasty tricks. I think I should consider upgrading to origin again.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Sul sul,

Sorry for the delay on this one (I only just got in about 20 minutes ago) but we're seeing recovery on this now.

You should just need to restart the EA app to have your collection show correctly now.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Indeed! I just restarted the EA App and all my games show up now, including the ones not currently installed. Thanks, @EA_Cade!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Sul sul,

Sorry for the delay on this one (I only just got in about 20 minutes ago) but we're seeing recovery on this now.

You should just need to restart the EA app to have your collection show correctly now.

Thank you for informing us
  • Options
    @EA_Cade Thank you. I'll do that.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    edited January 2023
    I've had that happen a few times. Usually Sims 3 doesn't show up, but as I don't play that anymore, i was gratefull that sims 4 was still there. But as I play off line, usually when I hit that, Sims 3 shows up then.
    It's all very frustrating, and scary!
    I have learned though, that restarting the app brings them back. Not good if you're not aware of that.

And just for thee record, I just signed in and Sims 3 again was missing. I went off line and it was still missing, and then I went back on line and it was back again! 🙄
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    TashiTashi Posts: 46 Member
    I still use Origin since I've not been prompted to switch over. This morning the opening page says Origin servers down and all of my games are gone. I own every expansion and all the other DLC. I'm not sure what to do.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Hopefully it’s a temporary glitch. I was playing the sims 4 on origin this morning, but now origin says the servers are unavailable. Now my game library is empty and I can’t play my game.
    Tashi wrote: »
    I still use Origin since I've not been prompted to switch over. This morning the opening page says Origin servers down and all of my games are gone. I own every expansion and all the other DLC. I'm not sure what to do.

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Hopefully it’s a temporary glitch. I was playing the sims 4 on origin this morning, but now origin says the servers are unavailable. Now my game library is empty and I can’t play my game.

Yup, we're currently investigating this at the moment. We're also seeing EA app users getting Failed to Load Profile errors.

Thread on AHQ over here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Yup, we're currently investigating this at the moment. We're also seeing EA app users getting Failed to Load Profile errors.

Thread on AHQ over here.

Should be resolved now :)
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    I made a purchase of a kit, and got my paypal payment through, and the reciept from EA to my email, but the store itself doesn't show me as having purchased it and won't let me download it. Also, the EA chat help is run by bots, I really was annoyed that it asked me the same question TWICE in a row. Literally it asked, "How was your day today?" Um...so don't use the chat. I don't know what else to do now but wait because the bot says this is an issue they are working on but I haven't seen anybody else with this problem. Does anybody have a store item saying they don't own it right after they just bought it? Its just a kit, I can wait, I did use report feature as well, so hopefully it gets worked out.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @strangeseraph
    I could not get a kit to download on the EA app either - had to go back to Origin to download/install it. Also recently bought Mass Effect Legendary on EA app and it would not download - once again had to go back to Origin to do so. I am just going to stay with Origin until forced off.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    @strangeseraph for a while the EA App would not register that I owned the Laundry Day SP. Everything worked fine on Origin, then I was forced to use EA app back in December. I was told to reach out to EA Help on Twitter and I'm not sure if they did much or anything at all (they didn't specify taking any actions), but after explaining my issue I opened up the Sims 4 and lo and behold Laundry Day was installed.

The pack still doesn't appear to be "In my collection" like other DLC. With all these issues it's hard to anticipate the future of this buggy app.

But perhaps EA Help on Twitter will be able to resolve your kit situation.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    I like the EA APP better
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    I like the EA APP better

That makes sense if you are not having any issues with it not showing your dlc. People who do encounter problems hate it because they can't access their stuff.

I find the ea app is working better now for sims3, but still don't know how to get access to the Isla Paradiso and Buccaneers Bounty content I bought through the Sims3 store
    That's not showing up in the EA app.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    I like the EA APP better

That makes sense if you are not having any issues with it not showing your dlc. People who do encounter problems hate it because they can't access their stuff.

I find the ea app is working better now for sims3, but still don't know how to get access to the Isla Paradiso and Buccaneers Bounty content I bought through the Sims3 store
    That's not showing up in the EA app.

You will probably have to access the sims3 site and your purchase history for that content. That is where I got all mine.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    I was going to my EA App and my Sims 4 and Sims 3 had disappeared from my collection. I am curious if anybody else has had this problem. I can play games I bought if I sign up for EA Play. I was going to play Sims 4 but it has been removed from my collection. I can't access it through Game Hub. I'm just curious as to what happened and if other Simmers were affected too.

I'll play Zombicide (a tabletop game) instead I guess.

I signed out and back in again and my packs showed up. I was really upset when I saw that my sims 2, 3, and 4 were missing. This worked for me.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top