Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EA App

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    My experience with the new EA App

Finally I replaced my Origin with the EA App. The installation was flawless, my game (my only EA game is S4) is still there and no problems occurred. But then I learned, that you can't change the game language with the EA App. And that's something I need for mod translations. I'm switching between English and my first language. So I reinstalled Origin again and now I ended with both EA App and Origin on my PC. And this config works pretty good. As long as you don't start them together at the same time.

From the menus and user interface to me the EA App looks more like an Origin update. It feels familiar. I don't "work" with the EA App/Origin and I use only the main functions: I start it, switch to offline mode and launch S4. That's almost the same procedure as with Origin. I'm not familiar with any more in depth functions. For the initial configuration, I set all settings to "disabled" (including auto update of both app and games) and that's all. After the installation my game library was imported automatically. I had literally nothing to do than "double-click setup.exe - wait - finish".

The only thing you should know is that with the EA App installation Origin is automatically deinstalled without a possibility to interfere. But you can install Origin again afterwards without problems. Seems like the Origin registry entries survive the EA App installation. I had to reinstall Origin because you can't change the game language with the EA App - maybe that feature will be added in the future.

There is also an excellent FAQ post regarding the EA App from @Crinrict which can be found here:
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/11/sims-4-and-ea-app/

Similar to Origin you can switch the EA App to offline mode and deactivate automatic game updates. I wrote a howto post with screenshots which can be found here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18223236/#Comment_18223236

I was about to ask if origin and the EA app can be installed at the same time. You already answered my question. Thanks. I also want origin on the computer to be able to switch the game language after installation (in my case the language of the sims medieval) I find it very strange that the very useful function to switch language is not available for the EA app.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Gigge wrote: »
    So. . . why doesn't the app have a shopping cart/basket? I was trying to take advantage of the sale and buy a few things, but my credit card only lets me buy one thing at a time before the anti-theft protection kicks in. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That feedback has been passed along previously, I'm not sure why there isn't currently a basket/cart option but I would prefer if there was.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    EA App won't let me have my Sims 3 Midnight Hollow, Monte Cristo, Roaring Heights, Dragon Age & Sunlit Tides. It's so wrong. :'(

The EA app doesn't let me have any of my Sims 3 store content. I went back to Origin and so far it's still working for me.

This is still under investigation, I hope to have an update to share this week if testing of the fix goes well.

Thank you. I hope it can be figured out and fixed soon. :)
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    I have had to re-install my game with the app and i chose to do it yesterday. It went very smoothly without any hitch whatsoever. I do possess only one game mind you. Thank you to the EA team i am really impressed with the launcher in general, its gotta be maddening work ;)
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    BetaFrog wrote: »
    I have had to re-install my game with the app and i chose to do it yesterday. It went very smoothly without any hitch whatsoever. I do possess only one game mind you. Thank you to the EA team i am really impressed with the launcher in general, its gotta be maddening work ;)

Thanks for your input Betafrog. I always value your opinions.
    I have been so close to reinstalling Origin - just in case, but have stuck to my guns and put my faith in the EA App.
    I tend to run it everyday to see if I encounter any problems, and apart from the big crash a few weeks back, I've had none. Hopefully it will stay that way.
    I have been tempted to reinstall Origin on my work laptop which the EA App wouldn't install on, but decided no to tempt fate. I don't play on that laptop any more, so why risk two accounts with the same details which could present a problem.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    David8_LyDavid8_Ly Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2023
    If EA has not admitted that EA App is broken, I think that they should eventually and especially before The Sims 5 comes out also known as Project Rene which fortunately will most likely not be coming out for at least a few years. I noticed many people complaining about EA App not recognizing dlc purchased on Steam from The Sims 4 despite Steam recognizing those packs as being owned on Steam which EA needs fix this problem as soon as possible instead of ignoring it by pretending this is not an issue from The Sims 4 players which is clearly not a Steam Issue, but an issue with this new app that was supposed to replace Origin. Various other complaints about this App as well including it being harder to launch The Sims 4 from EA App than Origin in addition to it taking hours just to repair The SIms 4 from this app and it also taking hours even to download anything involving The SIms 4 from this App where a failure to download on this app is apparently a commonly reported problem.

I also noticed complaints as well about The Sims 3 store not working properly with this app. This should not be a question of if EA is going to fix their broken EA App, but a question of when they are going to fix it. This is a big issue and a big deal, because EA App obviously does have a lot of other games on it besides just The SIms 4 and The Sims 3.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2023
    Also installed games in the side panel does not show sims 4 no matter how many times i clear cache or reinstall
  • Options
    David8_Ly wrote: »
    If EA has not admitted that EA App is broken, I think that they should eventually and especially before The Sims 5 comes out also known as Project Rene which fortunately will most likely not be coming out for at least a few years. I noticed many people complaining about EA App not recognizing dlc purchased on Steam from The Sims 4 despite Steam recognizing those packs as being owned on Steam which EA needs fix this problem as soon as possible instead of ignoring it by pretending this is not an issue from The Sims 4 players which is clearly not a Steam Issue, but an issue with this new app that was supposed to replace Origin. Various other complaints about this App as well including it being harder to launch The Sims 4 from EA App than Origin in addition to it taking hours just to repair The SIms 4 from this app and it also taking hours even to download anything involving The SIms 4 from this App where a failure to download on this app is apparently a commonly reported problem.

I also noticed complaints as well about The Sims 3 store not working properly with this app. This should not be a question of if EA is going to fix their broken EA App, but a question of when they are going to fix it. This is a big issue and a big deal, because EA App obviously does have a lot of other games on it besides just The SIms 4 and The Sims 3.

We have open threads on Answers HQ for these issues here and here respectively.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Okay. I think that EA App is broken and EA needs to fix it, but when are they going to fix the App? My issue is not limited to only just The SIms 4 and The Sims 3, but the entire App. Especially since it is new.
  • Options

Okay. I think that EA App is broken and EA needs to fix it, but when are they going to fix the App? My issue is not limited to only just The SIms 4 and The Sims 3, but the entire App. Especially since it is new.

Please keep conversation on this on Answers HQ where it belongs, we have dedicated staff there to assist and report issues to the relevant teams.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Please keep conversation on this on Answers HQ where it belongs, we have dedicated staff there to assist and report issues to the relevant teams.

I do not want to be the next one complaining there about unresolved issues from an App that does not seem to be working properly. I have looked at the link and noticed some unresolved issues that were never resolved. Afraid of switching to EA App from Origin for that reason. It just seems like to me that the issues with EA App are best described as complicated. I never noticed major issues with Origin, but noticed many people having issues with EA App where I think that App is largely to blame and think it needs fixing. Has anyone not had any issues with dlc packs from EA App? I do not know of a single person who has who has not had any issues with dlc packs from The Sims 4 EA App regardless of whether it was purchased from Steam or EA App.
    Post edited by David8_Ly on
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I found at least one person who admitted to not losing any dlc packs on The SIms 4 when switching over to EA App. It is just unfortunate that so many people are having issues with this new app and some of them are apparently unresolved when I looked at Answers HQ.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Just on a positive side, my EA App wanted to update today, and I allowed it to, which I had to anyway, and all went well. No hic-cups.
    So fingers crossed, I'm still not having any issues.
    My sims3 disappears from my collection now and then, but when I go off line it shows up in the bit where if I wanted to play it, it should be.
    I've not played TS3 since because I don't want to find the lost store item issues, but then I haven't played for about a year anyway.
    So, TS4 seems to be going well.
    I hope I haven't just jinxed myself!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    edited February 2023
    I dont play sims3 , if I would and my bought items were missing, I do admit I would be feeling differently.

All (huge amount of 2 , lol ) my games run and work as should, no problems so far. The opposite in fact, as I had big difficulties to get connected to gallery with Origin, now with app, it connects me in about a second. That part I like very much indeed.
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    edited February 2023
    Hey all i have a question about linking my discord to the EA app; does the 'playtime tracking' have to be on, cause i am trying to get the display as "Playing The Sims 4" in my status, on discord i looked and seems to be properly linked and the authorization is active ! Maybe i am missing something if anyone can help !

edit; nvm i found the booboo... i was singed in invisible :D
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Haven’t played sims 4 in a couple years, maybe, and was thinking about reinstalling after hearing about the upcoming pack. I also uninstalled Origin. Now finding out you have to install an ea app that doesn’t even work (sounds about right) and they are getting rid of origin. Is this all true? You can’t even install Origin any longer?
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    Haven’t played sims 4 in a couple years, maybe, and was thinking about reinstalling after hearing about the upcoming pack. I also uninstalled Origin. Now finding out you have to install an ea app that doesn’t even work (sounds about right) and they are getting rid of origin. Is this all true? You can’t even install Origin any longer?

The EA App works for me without issues, so I'm happy with it. Note that my only EA game is Sims 4.

Looks like the current Origin download sites are a bit hidden nowadays, but if you have a look at Crinrict's EA App post here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/11/sims-4-and-ea-app/, there are download links for both Origin versions (Windows and MAC).
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    Thanks @Bonxie . I’ll check it out.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @Destin2016 I just recently upgraded to the App from Origin. I was staying with Origin because I still play 2 & 3 as well as 4. However it upgraded without a hitch and I can still play all my games with no problems.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    @Bluegayle Thanks!
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Destin2016 I just recently upgraded to the App from Origin. I was staying with Origin because I still play 2 & 3 as well as 4. However it upgraded without a hitch and I can still play all my games with no problems.

Yes, you can still play, until you restart your computer and then try to load a world you bought from The Store. @Destin2016, you said you're playing Sims 4. That doesn't have The Store, Sims 3 does. The problems don't apply to you, unless you play Sims 3 and have content from The Sims 3 Store.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    @DivinylsFan I think you’re confused. I did not mention Sims 3. Bluegayle mentioned Sims 3.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited February 2023
    @DivinylsFan my purchased store worlds did load from 3 as well as all my store content. I admit for awhile it was a struggle which was why I stayed on Origin until recently. However now all is well and hopefully remains.

Edit: Sorry meant to say sometimes 3 does need a reload which I agree is a pain. However 2 & 4 are fine.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Dmitriy1Dmitriy1 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Ellupelluellu said:
    > I dont play sims3 , if I would and my bought items were missing, I do admit I would be feeling differently.
    >
    > All (huge amount of 2 , lol ) my games run and work as should, no problems so far. The opposite in fact, as I had big difficulties to get connected to gallery with Origin, now with app, it connects me in about a second. That part I like very much indeed.

Wait till you try to turn the game on, and it "can't connect". For hours at a time. I'd rather wait for the other connection a little. They need to seriously fix the thing before making people switch by force. I don't know what it'll be like in the summer if they shut the Origin down.
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I just recently installed EA App. Origin is just a memory. My thoughts? This App is horrible. It doesn't run on startup, looks so clumsy, I hate this animations (videos) on background. It is worse than Origin. I don't know who accepted that sh** because it's just annoying.
    Lucky me my games are OK. I have Sims4, Sims2 and Sims Medieval. All look untouched although I had to configure S2 again from the start.
    I hate this thing...
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top