Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EA App

Comments

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Gagea wrote: »
    You can find the download link here:

https://www.ea.com/ea-app

Thank you! I'll try switching over later today.

I did it this afternoon with no complications. It was a pretty tense moment watching it happen.
    First thing was it said there was an account error and I thought, here we go, and no sooner had I thought that, the log in popped up, and I logged in successfully. Everything was there. My games were there. I found Go Offline easily. Turned off automatic updates in settings. I had to hunt a bit for repair game for future reference.
    All and all, it was a swift transition.
    I have played for an hour or so, exited game, and replayed that many times to check it was still going to work.
    How neurotic does all this make us!

You can't be said to be neurotic if the threat is real, and too many people have reported being unable to access some or all of their content once they switched to EA App, for it to be an unreasonable fear that it could happen to any of us also.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2022
    okay so luckily i was not pushed to use EA App yet I went in and backed up literally everything i could think of backing up

am I assured its gonna be okay? no.

also I looked at my sims 3 store account to see what i might lose with ts3 and found out i have enough unused simpoints left for a world which is interesting considering the freaking store bought worlds can't be transferred on origin apparently so idk if i even should

(for example i have dragon valley in store but not on origin because of this nonsense and its been bugging me forever)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I bought the backyard camper's kit and then spent 30 plus minutes trying to figure out how to install it. I missed having origin automatically doing the install.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I bought the backyard camper's kit and then spent 30 plus minutes trying to figure out how to install it. I missed having origin automatically doing the install.

It's so hard to understand that the app makes it harder to understand how to install, repair and all the other stuff that was so easy to do on Origin. I never liked Origin because when I shut it down it takes a couple minutes to close, and then I must wait for a popup suggesting that I should log in again immediately. Closing down my computer always takes a couple minutes extra if Origin was running, and that even if I closed the TS4 game hours ago. I hope this gets better with the app, but it's worrying that it doesn't seem instinctual and logical to navigate.

Why make it easy if you can make it hard?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    KANAMIKANAMI Posts: 17 New Member
    seems like a lot of people having a problem with EA app... I would say, get a steam ID and download base game (which is free right now) then you can connect with your EA ID. so you can linking all your packs and kits! If you got tired of fixing app problem, I think it worth to do!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    KANAMI wrote: »
    seems like a lot of people having a problem with EA app... I would say, get a steam ID and download base game (which is free right now) then you can connect with your EA ID. so you can linking all your packs and kits! If you got tired of fixing app problem, I think it worth to do!

Is it possible to play offline on Steam?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited December 2022

Jeah it's possibly and even easier than on Origin the only downside is, if you use your EA games on steam you're still needing the EaApp/Origin installed.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Sul sul,

One of our AHQ Superusers @puzzlezaddict has compiled a list with the help of @Crinrict right here that will be updated accordingly as we get more info on emerging issues with Sims and the EA app.

I would encourage you to watch that thread for updates as well as posting any unreported issues you run across here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Sul sul,

One of our AHQ Superusers @puzzlezaddict has compiled a list with the help of @Crinrict right here that will be updated accordingly as we get more info on emerging issues with Sims and the EA app.

I would encourage you to watch that thread for updates as well as posting any unreported issues you run across here.

I looked at the FAQ and they don't have instructions on where to find stuff in the EA app. I had to figure out where to find the install button.

The EA app needs a help file because to figure out how to do installs, repairs, etc. is not something I know on a new app. It's like giving me flying lessons by taking me up in the air and then telling me to land the plane without telling me what the controls are.
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Unlike the origin app, I have to enter the packs I'm keeping disabled every single time.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

I think this might be the best solution if you mean I can also get all my store content into a steam account this way
    Does it work for that too?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    UPDATE; Yesterday, I used the EA App to play my game. Everything worked well. I won't delete Origin just yet. But, I thought some of you might like to know that the issues I was having are gone. Of course, it did weird things up front, and I was reminded that sometimes, I would have to restart my computer to overcome them, even on Origin. Restarted and all went well. Hoping for the best!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    edited December 2022
    UPDATE; Yesterday, I used the EA App to play my game. Everything worked well. I won't delete Origin just yet. But, I thought some of you might like to know that the issues I was having are gone. Of course, it did weird things up front, and I was reminded that sometimes, I would have to restart my computer to overcome them, even on Origin. Restarted and all went well. Hoping for the best!

That's good to hear.
    It didn't go well on my windows 8.1 computer, but then I rarely play on that one, so i uninstalled it. I got scared if I pushed it to work, if i signed on it, it might interfere with signing in on my win 10 laptop, being it's the one account. I'm not changing anything to go wrong.
    EA App uninstalled my Origin. I assume you weren't next in line for the forced change over?
    And what did you do different from the first time?

Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member

I'm going to try this :smiley: Thank you
    I sure hope it works!
  • Options
    AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    AjaGio wrote: »

I'm going to try this :smiley: Thank you
    I sure hope it works!

I downloaded and signed up for Stream loaded the base game, then connected EA and all my other packs :) I am happy to say that so far it has worked!!!! Thank you so much for that!!!
  • Options
    Today my EA App won't let me log in. I have an error message saying: Log in didn't go as planned. We couldn't log you inn because the network failed to do it's network thing. Try again in a few minutes.
    It's been over half an hour now.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    dreamergrl84dreamergrl84 Posts: 84 Member
    mine is saying the same thing
  • Options
    CaptainNinjaPantsCaptainNinjaPants Posts: 17 Member
    Today my EA App won't let me log in. I have an error message saying: Log in didn't go as planned. We couldn't log you inn because the network failed to do it's network thing. Try again in a few minutes.
    It's been over half an hour now.

Same, here I've been trying for the last hour. I even restarted my laptop and updated my password and still get the same message.
  • Options
    OKay, so it's a general problem today. Thanks for replying. I was about to uninstall and reinstall Origin, but I might just sit it out and keep an eye on this thread.

I've done a complete restart too, after clearing the cache and whatever.

Did you both have to do an update today of the App too?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    EA App won't let me log in.
  • Options
    CaptainNinjaPantsCaptainNinjaPants Posts: 17 Member
    OKay, so it's a general problem today. Thanks for replying. I was about to uninstall and reinstall Origin, but I might just sit it out and keep an eye on this thread.

There was an update? If there was I wasn't aware. I was playing my game and was changing my Sims's hair and eye color when it crashed and when I tried to load up up my game that's when I found out I had been logged out and I couldn't back in. If I can't log in I can't play Sims 4.
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
  • Options

There was an update? If there was I wasn't aware. I was playing my game and was changing my Sims's hair and eye color when it crashed and when I tried to load up up my game that's when I found out I had been logged out and I couldn't back in. If I can't log in I can't play Sims 4.

Yes, I went to log in this morning and it all went weird on me, and there was a sign saying update EA App (or words to that effect).
    So I tried to ignore it, and that's when I got logged out and couldn't get back in.
    I've updated the app, and all seems well again. (fingers crossed)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Mykalaply wrote: »

Pleasure.
    Are you back in?
    MLgj4Vx.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top