Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Fairy Game Pack?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind a game pack for fairies. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Would you like a Fairy Game Pack? 172 votes

Yes
60%
crocobauraCK213bshag4lvEvvieSimmerLeGardePourpreJadeleineredrogue60Cabelle1863Omri147MartinvrudolphabekiMsMayPlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannMontrase102Isb917JokubasNyxLunaStarelanorbreton 104 votes
Yes
5%
CAPTAIN_NXR7RedDestiny92QuaaydreamprisonerAugustoGlacierSnowRememberJoyKerriganCybersbe 9 votes
Justine Keaton
14%
IceyJCamkatimhappyTheSpotted_CNinoosimBabykittyjadejazzunicornssillyangel0906MDianaSimsColton147147BlueR0seOEII1001happyopiSAEldarinChicklet453681MondaylogionJasonschick80haisinDaephene 25 votes
Where's the No option?
19%
auroraael14GalacticGalalan650111SuceressDarkLady2788KennziKaigeLizzychicagomitchiebanjomueller_litepajamajam07MilutinMujovicduhboy2u2mannannaDaravicatmando830ChadSims2KyreRoenDeeTsimsArzekialPamtastic72 34 votes

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Yes
    Sure. I think they are the one last supernatural that everyone expects. And, with the way the others have been spun into different directions by the Sims team, I think they would be interesting. Especially if they don't lean into Tinkerbell mode too much.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes
    Yup. And I would love a Castaway Genie pack & Medieval Dragons & Unicorns pack.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yes
    I both would and wouldn't.

I mean, I love faerie. Not just pixies, but Sidhe, and river hags, and redcaps, and brownies, and boggarts, and leshey and domovoi and... and... and...

But on a practical level, a Fairy pack would just be pixies, because 1) the level of variety required for a real Faerie pack just isn't practical for a Game pack, and 2) most people don't know about any kind of fairy other than pixies anyway.

Which means that no matter how wonderfully it was done, it couldn't live up to what I would want, because what I want isn't practical - and I know it.

Now, They could do it well even with just pixies. They could have Seelie and Unseelie courts, they could have different kinds of pixies with different specialties. And I hope they do make a Fairies game pack and they do it well. And I will buy it.

I'll just do so wishing that it could have been more, even as I know it couldn't.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Where's the No option?
    They've been wearing thin on ideas for powers and such in the last sum odd years. I can't imagine that (other than CAS) they'd be able to make something I'd like at this point.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Yes
    I picked the other yes because I’m a rebel. :)

I like Fae stuff, so I actually want Fairies more than any other occult.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Yes
    It would be nice if we got another world like what could we see inside those fairy houses or something I honestly wouldn't care if something was recycled to give us at least the basic options guess we'll see but if they do come it might be nice if they shared a pack with genies.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Where's the No option?
    Fairies weren't in Sims2 and I didn't play with them in 3. I don't care one way or another. Whatever makes people happy. I have never cared about mermaids either. I'm old, I grew up on vampires and werewolves. The rest didn't figure in much.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Yes
    I like blue.

And also fairies.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes
    I WANT FAERIES MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!! Well, unless they did a deep dive into remaking the plant sim and made a real fae plant being, of any kind (hint DRYAD)! Making them the god/dess of nature they should be.. But yes yes yes.

Skip the giant sparking wings please..
    Fairies weren't in Sims2 and I didn't play with them in 3. I don't care one way or another. Whatever makes people happy. I have never cared about mermaids either. I'm old, I grew up on vampires and werewolves. The rest didn't figure in much.

I don't care about mermaids either. They seem to be popular, but I have never understood it... I think I am just lacking imagination in playing with them. I sort of pretend they are water sprites in my game..

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes
    I would love fairies, I've never played with them in the Sims 3 but I've seen them and I liked what I saw.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Yes
    More occult lifestates in the sims 4? Yes please. The only one I am not interested in is zombies. But I would love to get fairies, real plantsims and genies. It feels so strange to no longer include werewolves in this list.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Yes
    Sure. I've said it before but I don't play a lot with occult sims but I like having the option.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I both would and wouldn't.

I mean, I love faerie. Not just pixies, but Sidhe, and river hags, and redcaps, and brownies, and boggarts, and leshey and domovoi and... and... and...

But on a practical level, a Fairy pack would just be pixies, because 1) the level of variety required for a real Faerie pack just isn't practical for a Game pack, and 2) most people don't know about any kind of fairy other than pixies anyway.

Which means that no matter how wonderfully it was done, it couldn't live up to what I would want, because what I want isn't practical - and I know it.

Now, They could do it well even with just pixies. They could have Seelie and Unseelie courts, they could have different kinds of pixies with different specialties. And I hope they do make a Fairies game pack and they do it well. And I will buy it.

I'll just do so wishing that it could have been more, even as I know it couldn't.

I wanted to pick a Yes, but I feel pretty much the same as you so beautifully expressed in your post. I can live without fae in the game just fine, but I'd like to see them done well if they're done at all. I just have this feeling that it might be one of the packs that I'd give a miss, though. I'm surprisingly picky about certain things, especially if they weren't high on my wish-list in the first place.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Fairies are my least favorite occult. Would much rather have ZOMBIES, mummies, bigfoots, imaginary friends, better ghosts and aliens, and anything else. But since I like occults in general I'm not opposed to a fairy pack. Depending on how they do it I may even fall in love with them.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Where's the No option?
    No, not at all lol
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I would like a Fairy Pack. I'd want a Fairy Pack. I NEED a Fairy Pack.

It's the last piece of the puzzle. I will not be able to complete my story without a flying/hovering Fey-like creature with mighty Butterfly wings.
    I've been waiting a while for them. I'll wait as long as I have to.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Yes
    Ever since an earlier Sims (2?) when I played my fav fairy and tried to match her with a werewolf and failed as you could not do hybrids then, I've been yearning for a fairy/werewolf match.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2022
    Justine Keaton
    Justine Keaton, as a fairy. :sunglasses:
    Never too many occults :blush::heart:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Neutral. I'm fine with the getting one but wouldn't really miss them too much if we didnt.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes
    Fairies and unicorns in the same pack. With plenty of sparkle and rainbows. Ok, maybe not the rainbows bit :D
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes
    I enjoyed fairies in Sims 3. I would hope for the option to make sidhe type fairies rather than cutesy Tinkerbell types. I like the idea of seelie and unseelie courts, as previously mentioned.

What I really want, of course, is the option to have dragons as pets, and even more so if sims can mount and fly them. Having said that I'd also be interested in D&D dragonborn types, though it would be 2nd best of the options.

A long time ago there was a thread (I might even have been the creator, but I'm not sure) with suggestions for fantasy creatures as pets. As we now have a whole bunch of occult races, I'd really love to see fantasy pets in the game.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited June 2022
    Justine Keaton
    I"m pretty neutral on this subject.

The ONLY occults I'm remotely interested in playing are the main 3 (witches, vamps, and werewolves), and even those I only dabble with in a few saves.

So, I personally don't need fairies and would probably never use any fairy type gameplay that I can think of but I'm certainly not going to throw a hissy fit if they're added for those that have been wanting them. But, again I'm also not going to be distraught if they never come.

As with most packs released, I'm sure whatever the pack came with I'd find something to fit into my play style (unless every single CAS and BB object was over the top with typical cliched fairy-type tinkerbell items like green leaf roofs and plant leaf walls, mushroom shaped furniture, clothing with jagged leaf shaped hems, etc.). So if it was all stuff specific to fairly life, it would be a pass for me as I know I'd never use that stuff. (But, of course, knowing the dev team ... they'd put ah-mazing new plants in it and I know I couldn't resist buying it anyway! LOL).
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    It could be fun, but, just like werewolves, I don't need it. It's the kind of content I don't think about much, but would eventually get and have fun with. I'm just not sure how they would make fairies really distinct and varied without overlapping spellcasters (I wish they had been together, with some extra powers and looks for fairies). I just feel like trickster fairies should be able to cast spellcaster spells too...
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes
    Loved them in Sims 3, just wish I could've hidden their wings instead if them always being out. If they do make one hope they treat it like all the others and you can make the 2 forms.
    WbUrFQm.png