Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    The render didn't even shock me, nor did it make me hopeful. It's all just funny they had to fake a toddler and therefore aknowledge that you do need a stage between baby and child to simulate a family and yet they're like : "Toddlers are just a feature...not a necessity in a life sim!"

This^ basically me as well. I didn't even bat a eye. Didn't even get excited. The toddler is cute though. I haven't touched ts4 in months. My skepticism of the toddler image is so deep that I actually didn't even have any emotions lol. I think alot more of EA customers will get to the point where im at and sadly by then it will be to late to gain back our support.

And this is the issue. By ignoring it people no longer feel invested in the product and they are sabotaging further sales from customers who feel that way. That's very sad.

This has started to become a serious problem now, as I said in another thread, the hype from last night was not the players being ignorant, but more so that after months of disappointment, players are still showing some loyalty left and even have faith in the series after all this time but once again, their hopes have been dashed

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    My fall line up looks great so far. I'm definitely going to get Fallout 4 and Final Fantasy 15 (own almost every FF game except for FFXIII and it's spinoffs) I'm going to buy the PS4 version of Fallout though because FFXV only comes in console version and that's the only reason why I'll buy the ps4. So might as well buy Fallout 4 ps4 version.

On the topic of the toddler pic. Meh. I really don't care lol. Congrats to the family tho. It's just funny to me that the devs can't possibly have the CEO's toddler be drawn as a 10-year-old kid. (if we were to go by what the sims 4 offers) They unbeknownst to them acknowledged *gasps* toddlers IS an important life stage. Who would have thought? The way they brush them off make it seems people like the CEO's family as well as anyone who has toddlers don't need them in their game and the removal of them was the best decision to DATE.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    > @anettesb said:
    > Dakota88 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > looking forward to seeing you at thoes threads to.
    >
    > maybe some of the competitons in the gifting forum is to your likeing, they quite fun

I'll look into it! I am not really good at competitions and stuff. I mostly really just play families. ^^ But I cannot wait to share my family here. :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    > @anettesb said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > looking forward to seeing you at thoes threads to.
    >
    > maybe some of the competitons in the gifting forum is to your likeing, they quite fun

I'll look into it! I am not really good at competitions and stuff. I mostly really just play families. ^^ But I cannot wait to share my family here. :)

@Dakota88
    they not that dificult all of them... and mostly it is just for fun....
    if you want to build a home and need inspiration you might make one fitting for a contests...
    or maybe some one needs sims or pictures and you can use your current family
    best part is you get to know people
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    > @Anemone7 said:
    > The render didn't even shock me, nor did it make me hopeful. It's all just funny they had to fake a toddler and therefore aknowledge that you do need a stage between baby and child to simulate a family and yet they're like : "Toddlers are just a feature...not a necessity in a life sim!"

Oh, I wish we could have real babies (not just objects), toddlers (1-3 years), preschoolers (3-6 years), kids like they already work in game (6-10), preteens (10-12), young teens (12-15), normal teens (like in Sims 3, 15-18) and those adult looking teens we already have (18-21). :D That would be like my favourite game haha. That would be so awesome. I don't need gradual aging, but the more life stages the better. ^^
  • Options
    > @crockatail said:
    > I was looking into games on Amazon.com found three I'm going to buy within the next few days. That money would've brought a couple of packs for Sims 4, but not now and maybe never again. EA/Maxis will have to work very hard to get me back,and one of my favor saying I'll like to use about me, Is not for all the tea in the world,can make me change my mind about something I feel strongly about.

I second that. Haven't bought a Sims 4 game since getting the Base Game half price on Black Friday. Won't spend any more money on it as long as it doesn't support my play style.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > Oh, I wish we could have real babies (not just objects), toddlers (1-3 years), preschoolers (3-6 years), kids like they already work in game (6-10), preteens (10-12), young teens (12-15), normal teens (like in Sims 3, 15-18) and those adult looking teens we already have (18-21). :D That would be like my favourite game haha. That would be so awesome. I don't need gradual aging, but the more life stages the better. ^^

Ah - and it would be also great to have a life stage between Adult and Senior. Most people don't look Senior when they're about 50, but they do look older than Adults.
  • Options
    > @Anemone7 said:
    > The render didn't even shock me, nor did it make me hopeful. It's all just funny they had to fake a toddler and therefore aknowledge that you do need a stage between baby and child to simulate a family and yet they're like : "Toddlers are just a feature...not a necessity in a life sim!"

Oh, I wish we could have real babies (not just objects), toddlers (1-3 years), preschoolers (3-6 years), kids like they already work in game (6-10), preteens (10-12), young teens (12-15), normal teens (like in Sims 3, 15-18) and those adult looking teens we already have (18-21). :D That would be like my favourite game haha. That would be so awesome. I don't need gradual aging, but the more life stages the better. ^^

that be my dream to

but I be very happy if we just get
    toddlers ... that learn stuff and in the way they can act after learning to walk ectra become preeschool like in actions
    preeteens/tweens/young teens... that ara a mix of kids and teens in actions... covering the younger teen years, mostly just becouse well the teens now are mini adults
    and I would love a middle age groupe between adult and elder.... still mostly looking as an adult but with slightly gray hair and more wrinkels + female sims no longer able to get pregnant... ad midlife crises to that age groupe (for both genders)

that be FANTASTIC

really if I had the talent and money I make a simulation game..... or if "just" money I hirred a team to make the game I want ---- I bet it wold at the very least bring back its investment
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    > @Slyvanas said:
    > Anemone7 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This^ basically me as well. I didn't even bat a eye. Didn't even get excited. The toddler is cute though. I haven't touched ts4 in months. My skepticism of the toddler image is so deep that I actually didn't even have any emotions lol. I think alot more of EA customers will get to the point where im at and sadly by then it will be to late to gain back our support.

Sadly this is me also. I haven't been playing the game much and every time I take a break it's longer than my previous break. My sister plays the sims and just for building really. I literally have to force myself to play because I can't find that same enjoyment I anticipate when playing TS4 as with previous titles. I actually find myself returning to and playing TS2 since they were the most lively sims of the series. Alas, it's not boring but I've played TS2 forever (the most played title for me) and maybe because TS4's existence weighs heavily on my mind I can't seem to find myself as dedicated to or enthusiastic about playing the series. My future with the sims looks bleak.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Well, the fact that it's a "unique piece of art" really doesn't confirm nor deny it either. Just like a few other things. It could be a unique piece of art because it's the only official render of a toddler, if you think of it that way. But it could also just be one that the family gets as a gift. Either way I'm happy for the family. It looks really well done and seems like a great gift for them. Too bad the Sims team has to deal with this for the next few days.

I feel more sorry for the Wilson's. Their private personal joyful time has been all over the Internet because someone shared something from a private account. That's really sad.

People need to learn to not document everything they do in real life in the internet. It's something that really annoys me, so I can't feel sorry for them. If you get a private gift, keep it private, as hard as that sounds. And I don't mean the settings on your instagram profile.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Totally agree @Pary it was totally inappropriate the way some people behaved towards the Wilson's :(

I'm glad people on this thread have more grace and decorum than to act out that way :)
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I admit im completely jealous, wish i could have one made for me.
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »
    I admit im completely jealous, wish i could have one made for me.

me to

even though I don't have kids... I like one with my dog... and thats even more not in the game....

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I missed all the brouhaha re the picture, but, it is a shame that some members of the community showed their immaturity re the situation. I thought the picture was awesome and what happened to the goofy grins from Sims4....they actually looked quite decent in that picture. Less cartoony and plastic in appearance and the star of the picture should have been the new born baby...but, it wasn't on the forums which is a shame. The toddler was just too freakin adorable. Anywhoo, congrats to the family on their newborn babe and may life continue to be blessed with more and more...I like big families(someone forgot to bless me, I just had one)...hope they do, since I just blessed them with more :)
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I missed all the brouhaha re the picture, but, it is a shame that some members of the community showed their immaturity re the situation. I thought the picture was awesome and what happened to the goofy grins from Sims4....they actually looked quite decent in that picture. Less cartoony and plastic in appearance and the star of the picture should have been the new born baby...but, it wasn't on the forums which is a shame. The toddler was just too freakin adorable. Anywhoo, congrats to the family on their newborn babe and may life continue to be blessed with more and more...I like big families(someone forgot to bless me, I just had one)...hope they do, since I just blessed them with more :)

Aww congratulations @bekkasan <3
  • Options
    StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    Well, the fact that it's a "unique piece of art" really doesn't confirm nor deny it either. Just like a few other things. It could be a unique piece of art because it's the only official render of a toddler, if you think of it that way. But it could also just be one that the family gets as a gift. Either way I'm happy for the family. It looks really well done and seems like a great gift for them. Too bad the Sims team has to deal with this for the next few days.

I feel more sorry for the Wilson's. Their private personal joyful time has been all over the Internet because someone shared something from a private account. That's really sad.

Agreed @sparkfairy1. Hope you feel better soon.

• Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited October 2015
    Man it takes forever to catch up on these :lol: I hope you feel better soon @sparkfairy1

That toddler render was adorable, but the manner in which some simmers acted was completely uncalled for. I myself honestly think the render is just a render. So congratulations to the Wilson's!

Also, I see many new members in this thread. Welcome!

Edit: Spacing
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    > @sparkfairy1 said:
    > Totally agree Pary it was totally inappropriate the way some people behaved towards the Wilson's :(
    >
    > I'm glad people on this thread have more grace and decorum than to act out that way :)

I agree, I am glad too. I feel more comfortable being around you guys than in the General Discussion Section.

@Kandy Thank you!
  • Options
    > @sparkfairy1 said:
    > Totally agree Pary it was totally inappropriate the way some people behaved towards the Wilson's :(
    >
    > I'm glad people on this thread have more grace and decorum than to act out that way :)

I agree, I am glad too. I feel more comfortable being around you guys than in the General Discussion Section.

@Kandy Thank you!

@Dakota88 I'm just sad I've not been well enough to give you a proper welcome! :) I'm glad though, that's nice to hear :)
  • Options
    > @sparkfairy1 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Dakota88 I'm just sad I've not been well enough to give you a proper welcome! :) I'm glad though, that's nice to hear :)

Awww, that's okay! Your wellbeing is more important than welcoming me! I do feel very welcome here already, don't worry!

And I hope you get better soon. Love your thread so much and I love meeting so many fellow family players, it's amazing. Thank you for opening this thread in the first place.
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    Welcome to one of the nicest threads on the forum @Dakota88 it's like my online version of a cookie, makes me feel all cosy and relaxed! :)
    @sparkfairy1 hope you're starting to feel better. I deliberately stayed off the forums for a while after I saw the a thread showing the Wilsons' picture and the reactions were already starting to go totally OTT. Is it safe to come out now?!
  • Options
    MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    > @Kandy said:
    > Man it takes forever to catch up on these :lol: I hope you feel better soon sparkfairy1
    >
    > That toddler render was adorable, but the manner in which some simmers acted was completely uncalled for. I myself honestly think the render is just a render. So congratulations to the Wilson's!
    >
    > Also, I see many new members in this thread. Welcome!
    >
    > Edit: Spacing

Thank you love! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top