The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    They can earn money with family oriented pack that attaracts family players ie. pack restricted objects with special animations.

However, the Base Game still has to be "patched" to allow the new lifestage. Or you end up with what happened to TS2 University. *IF* Maxis does decide to add Toddlers, it should be a free patch, not just an EP.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    *Sigh* toddler over load again. I wish they would just let people know one way or another, its unfair.
    The toddler is cute though reminds me of boo a little bit.

All gurus can i have my own render too. I may not be ceo but ive been a fan for 15 years :wink: my little one would make a cute s4 toddler.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I love that toddler. I always imagined toddlers in TS4 would be super cute - that is, if we ever get them, which is still in doubt.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    that is almost cruel yes

when did they make it?

could it be that they found out that family is important? and by that that the game need family play and toodlers? do I dare hope that they want to make the game so I want to play it?
    It was posted by the CEO's wife on Instagram it seems and on Twitter by @SimGuruLyndsay today. It was to celebrate the birth of the CEO's new baby, so congrats to him. I do think the render is cute and reminds me of Pixar toddlers. It is very well done and I wouldn't mind if we ever get toddlers, they end up looking as cute as that.

Thread about it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/858558/rumor-toddlers-are-coming

That thread exploded with hype and needless to say, everyone is disappointed now

:disappointed:

THink our enjoying the sims 3 or 2 toddlers is more healty...
    realistickly trying to show EA we want family play

but not hypeing.....

I think we better of

though I do HOPE that hypes like that wake up EA so we get family play...... even many non family players wants it to be created now.... thats nice and shows EA that simmers like the diversity

hey I like the party and job stuff to... it is just not first priority for me.... but I wouldn't like to be with out it
    it is all elements of life
    and sims are supose to simulat life
    not just parts of life
    but all life from cratel to grave, in all it forms.

I agree :smile:

The 'hype' last night should have showed them how much people would actually appreciate it if they did add toddlers, it was just a misunderstanding but it shows that demands for family play are as high as ever!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

That thread exploded with hype and needless to say, everyone is disappointed now

Eh I'm no more disappointed than I was before. I expected it was a fake just like all the other billions of toddler rumors. I think SimGuruDrake did edit it to be titled rumor.

Agreed. The pic seemed genuine but it was pretty clear from the message on the Instagram account that it was a personal gift. But oh that toddler was so adorable. I am a little sad now, thinking again how we won't likely ever see that adorableness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Hey everyone, still super sick so I'm here but not really with it :( if you need me please pm :)

*sigh* the render. It's a wonderful gift for a family. I don't believe the CEO would want his family dragged into publicity over the failings of TS4 so I don't believe they would 'hint' that way. I feel sorry for his wife. Just shows that social media, even when intended just for friends, can be taken and made into a huge drama you didn't want. Congratulations to the Wilson's anyway :) Just hope maybe it will show them why people care so much. Family is paramount.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    So sorry to hear @sparkfairy1 , hope you feel better soon. Take care
  • Options
    cherpar wrote: »
    So sorry to hear @sparkfairy1 , hope you feel better soon. Take care

Thank you lovely <3
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Agreed. The pic seemed genuine but it was pretty clear from the message on the Instagram account that it was a personal gift. But oh that toddler was so adorable. I am a little sad now, thinking again how we won't likely ever see that adorableness.
    Yeah her Instagram is set on private too, so one of her friends must have leaked the photo. Honestly I don't understand how some are upset with her. Who are Simmers to judge what it shared with the public when we come to forums, use Twitter, and Facebook and probably share personal things about ourselves too with others.

Yeah that's why I said it felt cruel seeing the render. Like haha something you'll never have. But oh well, honestly I'm just enjoying playing with them in my Sims 3 game. I'm used to things being a façade in the Sims 4 by now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Yeah her Instagram is set on private too, so one of her friends must have leaked the photo. Honestly I don't understand how some are upset with her. Who are Simmers to judge what it shared with the public when we come to forums, use Twitter, and Facebook and probably share personal things about ourselves too with others.

Yeah that's why I said it felt cruel seeing the render. Like haha something you'll never have. But oh well, honestly I'm just enjoying playing with them in my Sims 3 game. I'm used to things being a façade in the Sims 4 by now.

They are directing their anger at the wrong person. She's got nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Agreed. There is no reason what so ever to be upset with Mrs. Wilson. It's a lovely and sweet gift, she should have every right to share it.

The blame firmly lies on the Sims team, and whoever enforces this "Do not discuss possible future content" nonsense. They created this disaster, and their continued wall of silence will destroy anything left of the relationship between the team and players. And it's not just the fact that they won't discuss possible future content. It's also in large part, the fact that they've been so dismissive and insensitive to how upset players are. They won't even address that at all! That almost makes it worse, because it gives the impression that they do not care one single whit how angry players are. That's why things will always implode any time there is the slightest reminder of missing content. Because players are unhappy and the team refuses to hear it and communicate with us about it.

I'm shaking my head at RF and the Sims team. Not because of the picture, it's darling. They can make them for anyone they want, or even put it up on a billboard for all I care. It's not the point. I am disgusted and fed up with them because of their dismissive and arrogant attitude toward players, and how they continue to refuse to address our concerns.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2015
    that is almost cruel yes

when did they make it?

could it be that they found out that family is important? and by that that the game need family play and toodlers? do I dare hope that they want to make the game so I want to play it?
    It was posted by the CEO's wife on Instagram it seems and on Twitter by @SimGuruLyndsay today. It was to celebrate the birth of the CEO's new baby, so congrats to him. I do think the render is cute and reminds me of Pixar toddlers. It is very well done and I wouldn't mind if we ever get toddlers, they end up looking as cute as that.

Thread about it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/858558/rumor-toddlers-are-coming

I would not be disappointed if I were you. Reposting what I had posted in another thread just before:

Do you guys really think EA took the time to 3D model a whole toddler, texture its clothing, spend the time to fixate the different clothing (such as the hat for example) to it, etc. JUST for a little gift? It takes a LOT of time to do all of that, and given the fact EA doesn't even have the time to push out 2 expansions a year for TS4, what makes you think they have the time to just 3D model a toddler and its clothing for a little gift? This is very much real, and EA is doing horrible damage control, likely due to the fact they were saving the announcement for business-related reasons in the future.

Where's the proof? Well, it's happened before in May 2013, way before any announcement or pictures of TS4 surfaced, and AGAIN, through Instagram. And, look, they said the same thing back then too "just a picture".

G8sgxei.jpg

More info: http://simscommunity.info/2014/02/24/the-sims-4-possible-concept-art-leaked-by-origin/

Cat's out of the bag. :tongue:
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I´m sorry that you´re still not feeling better @sparkfairy1 .

I really hope you´re right @Sk8rblaze , but the hat and clothing are acually made from kids´ stuff that is already in the game and the hair looks similar to the female hair that came with the woohoo patch. Doing such a render is so much more easy than actually doing toddlers. Still, they have thought about how toddlers could look like in TS4 and they did very well in my opinion, so that´s basically good news.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I saw the picture of that toddler and my heart fell.
    She's so cute, she almost brings a tear to my eye. Because that's what I WANT. I WANT that adorable toddler to have my Sim hold in her arms. i WANT to teach that toddler how to talk and walk and oh my god my heart is actually broken.

Like, I know, this wasn't for us in the first place to even see, but it's a serious slap to the face. With a wet hand.
    "Oh, we can MAKE toddlers! We sure can! But you sure as heck can't have them, haha!"
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    The render didn't even shock me, nor did it make me hopeful. It's all just funny they had to fake a toddler and therefore aknowledge that you do need a stage between baby and child to simulate a family and yet they're like : "Toddlers are just a feature...not a necessity in a life sim!"
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    I saw the picture of that toddler and my heart fell.
    She's so cute, she almost brings a tear to my eye. Because that's what I WANT. I WANT that adorable toddler to have my Sim hold in her arms. i WANT to teach that toddler how to talk and walk and oh my god my heart is actually broken.

Like, I know, this wasn't for us in the first place to even see, but it's a serious slap to the face. With a wet hand.
    "Oh, we can MAKE toddlers! We sure can! But you sure as heck can't have them, haha!"

I think a few people are feeling like that, some players still have hope after all this time only to get another slap again

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Sk8rblaze I understand your wish to hope. I just think people need to be very careful because I absolutely do not believe Andrew Wilson would subject his family to all this drama intentionally and a lot of people are saying it's a 'leak'. It's not. It was a private gift for a private family event and was only meant for the Wilson's. Can you imagine what their boss would think of Maxis if they used his family to leak something this way?! I wouldn't imagine he would be pleased and I sincerely hope that it's not caused a problem for his wife that she shared it and it caused all this fuss.

They have come out to say it's art and for a private event. That's a very clear announcement. They may have created early sketches of toddlers and families-it's a world of difference between doing something like this and implementing them in the game. There is no routing, moving animation, ways to combat the issues they have around multitasking and babies which left us with babies as objects just to create this.

We see renders all the time which aren't ever implemented or meant to represent game play. Recently the market stalls, the movie render a while ago and the one where the characters advertising TS4 are holding a baby without a sign of its bassinet. People said that meant babies wouldn't be 'tied' but it didn't mean that at all.

They absolutely need to be honest and make a statement regarding toddlers because all this has shown it's very much an active passionate request of the team. But until I hear an official announcement (and probably until I see them patched in game) I can no longer hope that everything is a sign. It's too upsetting to go through and to watch hope get crushed over and over that way :(
  • Options
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    The render didn't even shock me, nor did it make me hopeful. It's all just funny they had to fake a toddler and therefore aknowledge that you do need a stage between baby and child to simulate a family and yet they're like : "Toddlers are just a feature...not a necessity in a life sim!"

Yes it shows that particular 'excuse' is absurd by its very nature.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Well, the fact that it's a "unique piece of art" really doesn't confirm nor deny it either. Just like a few other things. It could be a unique piece of art because it's the only official render of a toddler, if you think of it that way. But it could also just be one that the family gets as a gift. Either way I'm happy for the family. It looks really well done and seems like a great gift for them. Too bad the Sims team has to deal with this for the next few days.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Well, the fact that it's a "unique piece of art" really doesn't confirm nor deny it either. Just like a few other things. It could be a unique piece of art because it's the only official render of a toddler, if you think of it that way. But it could also just be one that the family gets as a gift. Either way I'm happy for the family. It looks really well done and seems like a great gift for them. Too bad the Sims team has to deal with this for the next few days.

I feel more sorry for the Wilson's. Their private personal joyful time has been all over the Internet because someone shared something from a private account. That's really sad.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member

This^ basically me as well. I didn't even bat a eye. Didn't even get excited. The toddler is cute though. I haven't touched ts4 in months. My skepticism of the toddler image is so deep that I actually didn't even have any emotions lol. I think alot more of EA customers will get to the point where im at and sadly by then it will be to late to gain back our support.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    Slyvanas wrote: »

This^ basically me as well. I didn't even bat a eye. Didn't even get excited. The toddler is cute though. I haven't touched ts4 in months. My skepticism of the toddler image is so deep that I actually didn't even have any emotions lol. I think alot more of EA customers will get to the point where im at and sadly by then it will be to late to gain back our support.

And this is the issue. By ignoring it people no longer feel invested in the product and they are sabotaging further sales from customers who feel that way. That's very sad.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

very true
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited October 2015
    I was looking into games on Amazon.com found three I'm going to buy within the next few days. That money would've brought a couple of packs for Sims 4, but not now and maybe never again. EA/Maxis will have to work very hard to get me back,and one of my favor saying I'll like to use about myself is Not for all the tea in the world,can make me change my mind about something I feel strongly about.
    Post edited by crockatail on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top