May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Escape Room with a Twist - One Last show before the Forums comes to an end

AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,946 Member
edited May 3 in Off Topic Chat
Postcard.jpg
It’s 6 pm Friday when you get home from work. As usual, you pick up the post on your way to the front door. As you quickly go through the letters a postcard catches your attention. There’s no recipient name on it. You inspect the postal stamp and are surprised to see where it comes from. You don’t know anyone from Dragon Valley.

You turn the card around and look for the sender’s name but there’s nothing... Just a message.

That’s strange… Your colleagues didn’t mention a party this weekend... And Dragon Valley from all places...

“Aww, maybe they forgot to tell me. Or they want to surprise me. After all, it's my birthday in a month...” You think and throw the card on the coffee table. You open the fridge and go and relax on the sofa with a cold one. You watch the local news on the television and wonder what you will wear to the party.

Rules & Gadgets:

As you guessed by now you need to escape from Dracula’s Castle. You will be locked up in several rooms and must find ways to open doors or find hidden stairs to escape the castle. There are 2 entrances to the castle, therefore the 8 players will be divided into 2 groups. After 5 episodes you will be caught up together and solve the last puzzle to finally escape the castle’s ground.

Or will you?

Between your sims are a traitor or a saboteur that was hired by Dracula himself to prevent you from escaping the premises. If the saboteur succeeds you will be fed to Dracula’s minions that also dwell in the corridors of the Castle of Darkness.

So, this is your mission: You must find ways to escape from the endless rooms and corridors of the Castle of Darkness and also try to figure out the identity of the Saboteur.

After each episode, you will let me know who you think the saboteur is. Before the final challenge, every one of you must have guessed the saboteur right during the gameplay. Otherwise, you will be locked up forever and be fed to Dracula’s bloodthirsty minions! It doesn’t matter when in the game your guess is right. You may be right after episode 1 but wrong after that. Your first right will unlock a lock. But only that one. If you guess later on the same sim, it won’t count.

Let’s pretend the final door has 7 locks, 1 lock for each player, we don’t count the Saboteur. Each right guess from a player will unlock a lock. You need 7 right guesses, 1 from each player, to unlock the final door. You only get 1 guess per episode. There will be 5 episodes where you can guess the saboteur. So, allies may help figure it out. You only get 5 guesses, so use it wisely or you will be minion food forever!

And beware of the ghosts. There are a lot of them wandering through the corridors… But don’t be scared too much. They may be a source to help you with a quest.

Ways to play this:
I will give you a sketch of the room you’re in. I will single out a few things that you can ‘inspect’ or ‘interact’ with. You can also ‘inspect’ other areas of the room if you think it’s necessary or may need more info.

So, you may use the words: Inspect, look out the window, pick up, look at, give the object to, or use the object.

Be creative. And make it fun! 😉

Let's Go!
Post edited by Alleenmens on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 16
    Players:

• Options
    edited May 21
    Challenges & Missions
    Although there are two groups, we will play one group challenge at a time to limit confusion. Group number 1 will start.

I’ve re-read previous Escape games and noted because of all kinds of factors, time zones, work-related stuff, and whatever, the games went really slow. Some players only came on the thread once a day or maybe only once or twice a week. We can understand that, but because we have limited time, we need to speed things up a bit.

So, I thought that all the players could play in both group challenges. However, only group players can find objects and act with them. Non-group players are open to discussion and can suggest how to use the objects and what must be done to solve the challenge. I’m sure that will speed things up and it will also help you find the Saboteur.

Please let me know if you are going to be absent for more than a day then we can let 1 of the non-group players take your place for that day. I really don’t want to do a challenge for more than a week. Then we will definitely run out of time, and I’m sure other people on the forums want to see the outcome of the show! And although we don’t know for sure when the Forums will be closed, they say by July, I want this show to be done by the end of June. So, we only have 8 weeks and we need to do 11 challenges and I need to do the episodes in between. But with your help, I’m sure we can do it!

The Door:
    LockedDoor1.jpg

Group 1/Challenge 3:
    Part 1:
    The group huddled together in the cramped corridor; the air thick with anticipation. A single, flickering torch cast long, menacing shadows across the rough-hewn stone walls. At the far end, a sturdy oaken door gleamed with an unnatural sheen, secured by a complex lock that promised resistance. A rickety staircase, its treads worn and uneven, spiraled upwards, beckoning towards an unseen upper level.
    The acrid tang of exotic herbs and bubbling concoctions filled their nostrils as they stepped into the potion room. An imposing alchemy station dominated the center of the space, its intricate glassware gleaming in the dim light. A wall of well-stocked potion cabinets promised a wealth of potent elixirs, while a pedestal stood sentinel beside the locked door, its purpose shrouded in mystery.
    Group1Mission3.jpg
    Part 2
    The corridor stretched before them, lined with a series of imposing doors. Three identical portals stood sentinel on the right wall, their weathered surfaces hinting at untold secrets. A lone door on the left remained stubbornly locked, defying their newfound progress. The air crackled with a mix of anticipation and trepidation. Which door held the key to their escape, and what dangers lurked behind the locked one?

Group 2/Challenge3 :
    Hope flickered brighter than the dying torch as the stairs clunked into existence, their descent revealing a lower level bathed in the pre-dawn light filtering through unseen windows. The group emerged into a bare room, its emptiness echoing the state of their wallets after all those bobby pins used on the first flimsy door. ("Seriously, Dracula," one of them muttered, "did you run out of decorating funds?")
    The door on the left, offered a fleeting glimpse of a balcony and a curious octagonal room. The twin doors ahead, however, held only the promise of porcelain thrones – a luxury they could all live without at the moment.
    A wave of stale air greeted Group 2 as they pushed open the right door. This spacious octagon room, seemingly untouched by time held the air of a forgotten study.
    Challenge3.jpg

• Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,287 Member
    Count me in!!
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,809 Member
    If it starts after my holiday is over ^^
    Banner.png
  • Options

When will it be over?
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »

When will it be over?

By the end of the month I'll be back in the Netherlands ^^
    Banner.png
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,305 Member
    I honestly probably could play depending on when we start!
  • Options
    We can start as soon as I can get 7 or 8 players... ;)
  • Options

Are you back?
  • Options

Are you back?

Yup!!
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Okay, I got the venue... Just busy working out the challenges... I think 5 or 6 will be enough... You can create your sims so long... And I think I'm just going to use one of your sims... Otherwise the place will be overcrowded...
  • Options
    Okay, guys and girls, you can start making your sims and send it to me with your Application form. Please don't post your form on the thread. Just PM me or send it via Discord. Thank you very much!
  • Options
    edited April 30
  • Options
    Guys and girls, please send me your sims. I'm working on a schedule and want to start with the first Challenge on Monday and before that, I want to do an Intro episode. So pretty, please... :blush:

@lillibattenberg @M13Vulpecula @Skelda @Smarties101 @SimTresa @HayloHusky @rosey1579 @lovesstorms
  • Options
    edited May 2
    I got 4/8... We're getting there, guys!
  • Options
    I got 3/8... Come on guys!

Give it a day or two ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    I got 5/8... We're getting there, guys!

• Options
    edited May 3
    Can you guys choose a number between 1 and 8 for your sim? I want to split the group in two. They will each do a different set of challenges and then there will be one final challenge where everyone together will resolve the last puzzle.

First come first serve:
    1. Lo
    2. Smarties
    3. Lilli
    4. Skelda
    5. Haylo
    6. Vul
    7. SimTresa
    8. Rosey

@lillibattenberg @M13Vulpecula @Skelda @Smarties101 @SimTresa @HayloHusky @rosey1579 @lovesstorms

• Options
    I choose 6
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Okay, guys and girls, we're good to go! Expect the intro sometime over the weekend and Monday we will start with the challenges...

• Options
    edited May 4
    And the Saboteur has been informed! >:)

Have fun guys and girls... We will start the challenge on Monday!

• Options
    Challenges & Missions
    Although there are two groups, we will play one group challenge at a time to limit confusion. Group number 1 will start.

I’ve re-read previous Escape games and noted because of all kinds of factors, time zones, work-related stuff, and whatever, the games went really slow. Some players only came on the thread once a day or maybe only once or twice a week. We can understand that, but because we have limited time, we need to speed things up a bit.

So, I thought that all the players could play in both group challenges. However, only group players can find objects and act with them. Non-group players are open to discussion and can suggest how to use the objects and what must be done to solve the challenge. I’m sure that will speed things up and it will also help you find the Saboteur.

Please let me know if you are going to be absent for more than a day then we can let 1 of the non-group players take your place for that day. I really don’t want to do a challenge for more than a week. Then we will definitely run out of time, and I’m sure other people on the forums want to see the outcome of the show! And although we don’t know for sure when the Forums will be closed, they say by July, I want this show to be done by the end of June. So, we only have 8 weeks and we need to do 11 challenges and I need to do the episodes in between. But with your help, I’m sure we can do it!

Group 1/Challenge 1:
    The group wakes up in a dark place. It smells awful. Like poop! When they feel around them, they realize they are locked up in a small room or maybe a cell. Are they in the dungeons of the castle maybe?
    In every cell, there is an object that can be used to get them out of their cells or help them see things better.

You can roleplay as your character if you wish.

Remember Non-Group Players are open for discussion and what they think can be done to solve the challenge.

Challenge%201.jpg

Group 2/Challenge 1:
    The group wakes up in a room that appears to be Dracula’s sleeping quarters. Dracula’s altar is opposite the door. The Door is locked and they must find a way to unlock it. Somewhere in the room, there will be objects that can help them with their quest.

Notes:
    When you want to inspect the octagon rooms, just specify which one, Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, or Bottom Right.

Remember Non-Group Players are open for discussion and what they think can be done to solve the challenge.

Group2Challenge1.jpg

You can check it out but we will officially start Monday at 7 am my time. I think @lovesstorms is the only American in this group. Maybe she can just do one action before going to bed... ;)