Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Escape Room with a Twist - One Last show before the Forums comes to an end

Comments

• Options
    Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Just something interesting. I asked a Bot, Gemini is his name, if a robot can identify liquid in a bottle and this is his response:

Me: I want to know if robots can figure out what kind of liquid is in a bottle

Gemini: Robots are getting more sophisticated all the time, but identifying liquids in a sealed bottle can be a challenge. Here's why:

Limited Senses: Robots primarily rely on cameras and sensors to gather information. While a camera can see the color and shape of the bottle, it can't directly tell what's inside.

Opacity Matters: If the liquid is transparent, the robot might be able to see some color or movement that could offer clues. But for opaque bottles, vision alone isn't enough.

Here's what some robots can do to identify liquids:

Weight Sensors: Robots can measure the weight of the bottle. Denser liquids will weigh more, but this is just one data point and may not be conclusive.

Spectroscopy (Advanced Robots): Some high-tech robots use spectroscopy. This technique shines light on the liquid, and the way the light interacts with the liquid can reveal its chemical properties.

Combined Techniques: In factories, robots might use a combination of weight, temperature sensors, and barcode scanners (if the bottle has a code indicating the contents) to identify liquids.

So, while some robots can make educated guesses about a liquid's identity in specific situations, universally identifying unknown liquids in sealed bottles remains a challenge.

Ooo that's quite interesting to know, robotics is really getting advanced nowadays.

Quick question, is the bottle opaque or transparent that Suzi is holding?

The bottle is transparent and the liquid may have color but it's too dark to see. The bottle also has no label on it. So there's no way that Suzi can figure out what is in the bottle.

Suzi-2: This liquid could be detrimental to the task at hand so I will not use it or empty it so far.

Suzi-2 closes the cap on the bottle and sets it down on the floor

Suzi-2: Perhaps there is something I could pour the liquid into to fully inspect it. Perhaps a light source I could use. Activate scanning mode again.

Suzi-2 further examines the space
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,990 Member
    Just something interesting. I asked a Bot, Gemini is his name, if a robot can identify liquid in a bottle and this is his response:

Gemini: Robots are getting more sophisticated all the time, but identifying liquids in a sealed bottle can be a challenge. Here's why:

Limited Senses: Robots primarily rely on cameras and sensors to gather information. While a camera can see the color and shape of the bottle, it can't directly tell what's inside.

Opacity Matters: If the liquid is transparent, the robot might be able to see some color or movement that could offer clues. But for opaque bottles, vision alone isn't enough.

Weight Sensors: Robots can measure the weight of the bottle. Denser liquids will weigh more, but this is just one data point and may not be conclusive.

Spectroscopy (Advanced Robots): Some high-tech robots use spectroscopy. This technique shines light on the liquid, and the way the light interacts with the liquid can reveal its chemical properties.

Combined Techniques: In factories, robots might use a combination of weight, temperature sensors, and barcode scanners (if the bottle has a code indicating the contents) to identify liquids.

So, while some robots can make educated guesses about a liquid's identity in specific situations, universally identifying unknown liquids in sealed bottles remains a challenge.

Ooo that's quite interesting to know, robotics is really getting advanced nowadays.

The bottle is transparent and the liquid may have color but it's too dark to see. The bottle also has no label on it. So there's no way that Suzi can figure out what is in the bottle.

Suzi-2: This liquid could be detrimental to the task at hand so I will not use it or empty it so far.

Suzi-2: Perhaps there is something I could pour the liquid into to fully inspect it. Perhaps a light source I could use. Activate scanning mode again.

Suzi's senses picked up a quick movement under her body but before she could grab it the rat ran out of her cell. The cell is empty now except for the bottle with the liquid.
  • Options

Suzi's senses picked up a quick movement under her body but before she could grab it the rat ran out of her cell. The cell is empty now except for the bottle with the liquid.

Suzi-2: Blasted rat, I bet he took a few of the items in the cell I could have used. No matter, I guess I could take a little taste of the liquid. Though if I drink it I will malfunction. I do have a little swab device that could emulate taste in my hand. If I insert a bit of the liquid maybe it will give me more information of the elements of the liquid. Let's do this.

Suzi-2 uncaps the bottle lid and pours a few drops onto her hand where the element emulator is.
  • Options
    Suzi-2 'feels' the liquid in her hand. It feels oily.
  • Options

Suzi-2: Hmm it is definitely some sort of oily substance, I think I'll keep this safe until I know more.

Suzi-2 puts the cap back on the bottle.

Suzi-2: I wonder if anyone can hear me from inside the cell. Activating shout mode. HELLO! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME FROM IN HERE?
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,294 Member
    *Saph looks around, taking stock of her surroundings as best she can.*
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    *Saph looks around, taking stock of her surroundings as best she can.*

Dr Saph feels around her and picks up a piece of cloth.
  • Options
    Well, that's odd. Saph inspects the cloth.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    Well, that's odd. Saph inspects the cloth.

The cloth is made of cotton and smells dusty.
  • Options
    "-choo! Ow. Well, that's not chloroform, at least."
    Is there anything written or otherwise on it, or is it plain?
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    "-choo! Ow. Well, that's not chloroform, at least."
    Is there anything written or otherwise on it, or is it plain?

Nah, just a plain old cloth
  • Options
    Saph looks around the room again. Is this cloth... it?
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    Saph looks around the room again. Is this cloth... it?

Yep... Nothing else... Oh, wait! You feel something warm squiggle under your hand but before you can grab it, it's gone!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,286 Member
    Good thing Suzi-2 can't do this or the episode would be over fanst. :grin:

fQSdoFY.png
    image.png
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,310 Member
    Hi guys! Sorry I just got back from a vacation. What do I need to do? I will read the thread now.
  • Options
    Can I just examine my cell?
  • Options

Suzi-2: Hmm it is definitely some sort of oily substance, I think I'll keep this safe until I know more.

Suzi-2 puts the cap back on the bottle.

Suzi-2: I wonder if anyone can hear me from inside the cell. Activating shout mode. HELLO! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME FROM IN HERE?

Could you take a sip of the liquid?
  • Options
    Also sorry, I am not role-playing. Alleen picked someone from my gallery for me since I was away, so I really don't know my character that well lol. I have no memory of making him.
  • Options
    Skelda wrote: »

You find a matchbox with 2 matches in it.
  • Options

Interesting! My first thought is to light one of the matches to test it, but maybe we need both so I will hold off to get people's input.

We could also set the oil on fire maybe?

Can I shake and investigate the matchbox and then examine my cell again?
  • Options
    We could soak the cloth in liquid and then light it on fire!
  • Options
    Hi @SimTresa! It's been so long since I've been on here. I'm looking forward this!

Lo!! How are you doing? It's so nice to see so many old faces.
  • Options

Interesting! My first thought is to light one of the matches to test it, but maybe we need both so I will hold off to get people's input.

There are only 2 matches in the box. There is nothing more in the cell.
  • Options

Can I take the matches out and look at them? And then can lick one of them to taste it?
  • Options

Can I take the matches out and look at them? And then can lick one of them to taste it?

It looks like a match. It tastes like phosphorous and sulfur.