Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Escape Room with a Twist - One Last show before the Forums comes to an end

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,286 Member
    edited May 5
    Nope. Hi, @lovesstorms . Interesting to be in the minority for a change, huh? Hopefully we can get this done.And I'm happy to be In group two, means I can watch and learn.
    image.png
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,823 Member
    Hi @SimTresa! It's been so long since I've been on here. I'm looking forward this!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
  • Options
    So, are we saying things in here for discussion? Like what we want to inspect or what-not?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,990 Member
    edited May 6
    Group 1 / Challenge 1
    Challenge%201.jpg

The group wakes up in a dark place. It smells awful. Like poop! When they feel around them, they realize they are locked up in a small room or maybe a cell. Are they in the dungeons of the castle maybe?

In every cell, there is an object that can be used to get them out of their cells or just help them see things better.

You can roleplay as your character if you wish.

The Group: @lovesstorms @Skelda @lillibattenberg @Smarties100

The Group is the only ones that can find objects and act with them.

Non-Group: @HayloHusky @M13Vulpecula @rosey1579 @SimTresa

Non-group players are open to discussion and can help to solve the challenge.

You can start now!
    Post edited by Alleenmens on
  • Options
    Yes, let's do this!

"O. M. G. What is that awful smell?"

I try to concentrate on something else but it's hard with the darkness surrounding me. Maybe there is something I can feel close to me.

Examine surroundings.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Yes, let's do this!

I try to concentrate on something else but it's hard with the darkness surrounding me. Maybe there is something I can feel close to me.

Examine surroundings.

You found something that feels like a stick
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Yes, let's do this!

Examine surroundings.

"Hmmm...I wonder what this it."

Pick up stick-like item to examine further.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Yes, let's do this!

Examine surroundings.

Just a stick by the smell of it. Maybe you can use it for something.
  • Options
    Yes, let's do this!

Examine surroundings.

I suppose if I get hungry enough this could come in handy.

Examine surroundings.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Yes, let's do this!

Examine surroundings.

I suppose if I get hungry enough this could come in handy.

Examine surroundings.

Nothing more to find. Just rat poop!
  • Options
    Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Wow just read the first episode. The cast all look amazing I can't wait to see how everything unfolds out in the game
  • Options
    Suzi-2 reboots her system and wakes up in the small cell.

Suzi-2: Oh dear, how have I ended up here. I must scan my surroundings immediately for a quick and hasty escape. Activate scanning mode.

Suzi-2 examines surroundings
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,845 Member
    Hmm so group 2 only starts after 1 is done? (Besides helping out 1 with thoughts)
    Banner.png
  • Options

Suzi-2: Oh dear, how have I ended up here. I must scan my surroundings immediately for a quick and hasty escape. Activate scanning mode.

Suzi finds something hard, in the shape of a bottle, with a small cap. What is in it? It's a shame Suzi can't smell or taste. She's a robot after all.
  • Options
    Hmm so group 2 only starts after 1 is done? (Besides helping out 1 with thoughts)

Alas. It will make it confusing if we do it together.
  • Options
    But Group 2 can help figure it out! :blush:
  • Options
    Also my first thought: Dr Sapph's cell is right next to Kerbie's and London's, do you think they'd be able to pass small objects to each other's cells through their jail bars?
    Banner.png
  • Options

Alas. It will make it confusing if we do it together.

Fair enough, good thought ^^
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Also my first thought: Dr Sapph's cell is right next to Kerbie's and London's, do you think they'd be able to pass small objects to each other's cells through their jail bars?

Yes, people can pass objects to each other.
  • Options

Suzi finds something hard, in the shape of a bottle, with a small cap. What is in it? It's a shame Suzi can't smell or taste. She's a robot after all.

Suzi-2: My scanning system has found a small bottle, bottles are usually used to hold liquids but it is so dark in here it is hard to identify what is in the bottle. My humanoid friends usually take off the cap to consume said liquids. I could see what contents it holds if I take off the cap.

Suzi-2 attempts to take off the cap of the bottle
  • Options

Suzi-2: My scanning system has found a small bottle, bottles are usually used to hold liquids but it is so dark in here it is hard to identify what is in the bottle. My humanoid friends usually take off the cap to consume said liquids. I could see what contents it holds if I take off the cap.

Suzi-2 attempts to take off the cap of the bottle

Suzi takes off the cap of the bottle and turns it on back again. There is some kind of liquid in it. What it is she doesn't know.
  • Options
    edited May 6
    Just something interesting. I asked a Bot, Gemini is his name, if a robot can identify liquid in a bottle and this is his response:

Me: I want to know if robots can figure out what kind of liquid is in a bottle

Gemini: Robots are getting more sophisticated all the time, but identifying liquids in a sealed bottle can be a challenge. Here's why:

Limited Senses: Robots primarily rely on cameras and sensors to gather information. While a camera can see the color and shape of the bottle, it can't directly tell what's inside.

Opacity Matters: If the liquid is transparent, the robot might be able to see some color or movement that could offer clues. But for opaque bottles, vision alone isn't enough.

Here's what some robots can do to identify liquids:

Weight Sensors: Robots can measure the weight of the bottle. Denser liquids will weigh more, but this is just one data point and may not be conclusive.

Spectroscopy (Advanced Robots): Some high-tech robots use spectroscopy. This technique shines light on the liquid, and the way the light interacts with the liquid can reveal its chemical properties.

Combined Techniques: In factories, robots might use a combination of weight, temperature sensors, and barcode scanners (if the bottle has a code indicating the contents) to identify liquids.

So, while some robots can make educated guesses about a liquid's identity in specific situations, universally identifying unknown liquids in sealed bottles remains a challenge.
  • Options
    Just something interesting. I asked a Bot, Gemini is his name, if a robot can identify liquid in a bottle and this is his response:

Gemini: Robots are getting more sophisticated all the time, but identifying liquids in a sealed bottle can be a challenge. Here's why:

Limited Senses: Robots primarily rely on cameras and sensors to gather information. While a camera can see the color and shape of the bottle, it can't directly tell what's inside.

Opacity Matters: If the liquid is transparent, the robot might be able to see some color or movement that could offer clues. But for opaque bottles, vision alone isn't enough.

Weight Sensors: Robots can measure the weight of the bottle. Denser liquids will weigh more, but this is just one data point and may not be conclusive.

Spectroscopy (Advanced Robots): Some high-tech robots use spectroscopy. This technique shines light on the liquid, and the way the light interacts with the liquid can reveal its chemical properties.

Combined Techniques: In factories, robots might use a combination of weight, temperature sensors, and barcode scanners (if the bottle has a code indicating the contents) to identify liquids.

So, while some robots can make educated guesses about a liquid's identity in specific situations, universally identifying unknown liquids in sealed bottles remains a challenge.

Ooo that's quite interesting to know, robotics is really getting advanced nowadays.

Quick question, is the bottle opaque or transparent that Suzi is holding?
  • Options

Ooo that's quite interesting to know, robotics is really getting advanced nowadays.

Quick question, is the bottle opaque or transparent that Suzi is holding?

The bottle is transparent and the liquid may have color but it's too dark to see. The bottle also has no label on it. So there's no way that Suzi can figure out what is in the bottle.