Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    At least let my Sim go Carrie on everyone if she's not invited to prom :wink:

Oh thank you so much! Now I finally know what to do with this pack >:)
    Was already planning on sending occult teens to the school and wreak havoc, but a witch to mess up prom for everyone is just *chefs kiss*

That actually crossed my mind too. :D
    Too bad Cassandra Goth missed out on this pack.
    She's was my only teen spellcaster. No wait, she was a vampire first, before giving it up to be a spellcaster.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2022
    My only complaint so far is the teens looking to old. I was rather hoping they might finally do something about that.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My only complaint so far is the teens looking to old. I was rather hoping they might finally do something about that.
    Can you imagine what the randomly spawned teens will look like? I'm thinking of the horrific roomies when you live in a uni dorm...
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    The high school years are the last thing I am interested in. I'm very old now and I can't remember my teenage years except that my high school was a nightmare. Of course we should get something for teenagers to do, but a whole pack just about it? I see no point. There is too much American style in it. I don't know how to feel about body hair either. I mean I have mods for it ;) Speaking of mods, this whole update will break most of them AGAIN.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2022

I agree as I do not see sims that are younger in stature but look more like college students. Just want to add I will be making my own Sims.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Can you imagine what the randomly spawned teens will look like? I'm thinking of the horrific roomies when you live in a uni dorm...

With this games track record for randomly generated townies this could get weird. I could see a teen thread similar to townie fashion police, only not limited to just fashion faux pas.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited July 2022
    Like some others, I am worried how it would affect rotational players. I play many households, several of which have teenagers and I really don't want the new pack to mess with them while I am dealing with other households by putting them into random clubs not fitting to their personalities and giving them bad grades because they are not fulfilling their tasks. But what's a real dealbreaker to me is whether or not we would be able to control more than one teen from the same household at the same time. My twins and triplets go together. If they would be forcibly separated and sent to different schools (like it is with active careers) I am skipping this pack, as it was never that interesting to me to begin with.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • Options
    andyandysimsandyandysims Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm reading all of your guys' opinions on this expansion pack and honestly? Everyone is right to be a little put off by it. There's more stuff that not only teens can do, but every other life stage can do. So a lot of the things being introduced with this pack aren't really dedicated to the teen life stage.

I'm also worried about how school days will go if we're allowed to go with our teens. Will we have a schedule like University? How many classes are we to attend throughout the day since a Sim day is so condensed? Will there be bullying? Will there be note-passing or texting within class? You know, actual things teens do. I don't know of many teens who go ride a Ferris wheel in their free time. The boba shop is a nice touch though, I will admit.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    IWill there be bullying?

Doubtful. One of the gurus tweeted about making a pack that allowed players to have the ideal high school experience players wished they'd had. So bullying, cliques, trauma, etc will probably be avoided so no players feel triggered or hurt.

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    IWill there be bullying?

Doubtful. One of the gurus tweeted about making a pack that allowed players to have the ideal high school experience players wished they'd had. So bullying, cliques, trauma, etc will probably be avoided so no players feel triggered or hurt.

Arguably the pranking could be considered bullying.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @RavenSpit I know this will be werewolf packs all over again. What could it hurt to let us make our own clubs, packs, or whatever without having to use Get Togethers clubs?
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    I just have seen the trailer video about the fashion part... I will get mad if the thrift store is bonded with the boba tea shop. ( the mainstay concluding from the lot icon. It should have been a wonderful patch for our clothes retail instead of teens' trending venue...
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    The lack of pack integration is sadly a trend in Sims 4. Thats how the system is set up. And the be honest, considering the amount of packs having them all interact with each other would be a bug nightmare.
    Still, would be nice if EA would release a big world (as a kit, they certainly would not do it for free) which does not have new mechanics but was build with all packs and expansions in mind.

As for High School, I have trouble imagining what you even do in school. The days are already short, especially with how slow sims do some things (lunch alone will take a hour or more when you play it out even without any social interaction). So what meaningful interaction will you even be able to do in school when you also have classes and possibility an after school activity.
    I get some big University vibes from it and there too you basically just go from class to class and do homework.
  • Options
    I forgot (can't edit posts yet) I am a bit concerned with getting yet another mobile phone app, this time for clothes and apparently another social media app. How does the new social media app interact with the social media app from Get Famous? I would have liked if they had only one app for social media and one app for crafts instead of each pack having their own, slightly different, apps.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @RavenSpit I know this will be werewolf packs all over again. What could it hurt to let us make our own clubs, packs, or whatever without having to use Get Togethers clubs?

Ugh, dont get me started on the wolf packs, its my one big dissapointment from werewolfs...
    also Im afraid the high school clubs will be like the Uni ones, which were very boring to me, nice idea but a snooze fest...though tbf the whole Uni pack is boring to me, just got it cuz of robotics and some of the BB and CAS.
    And so far it seems I'll only get this pack for BB and CAS too, saw some nice clutter in the trailer.
    Gameplay will probly be a one and done kinda deal, you can only ruin prom so many times before it gets old.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Darren wrote: »
    I forgot (can't edit posts yet) I am a bit concerned with getting yet another mobile phone app, this time for clothes and apparently another social media app. How does the new social media app interact with the social media app from Get Famous? I would have liked if they had only one app for social media and one app for crafts instead of each pack having their own, slightly different, apps.

With all of the annoying calls like the 'Should I' and 'Can I give out your phone number', etc., anything new that involves a phone makes me cringe a bit. I'm hoping at this point that it won't make a bad situation worse. We'll get glimpse tomorrow in the live stream I hope. The way that the Trendi app thing appears from that twitter screenshot yesterday looks very different to the real world apps it's supposed to mimic. That whole screenshot left me with more questions than answers about Trendi.
  • Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »

Ugh, dont get me started on the wolf packs, its my one big dissapointment from werewolfs...
    also Im afraid the high school clubs will be like the Uni ones, which were very boring to me, nice idea but a snooze fest...though tbf the whole Uni pack is boring to me, just got it cuz of robotics and some of the BB and CAS.
    And so far it seems I'll only get this pack for BB and CAS too, saw some nice clutter in the trailer.
    Gameplay will probly be a one and done kinda deal, you can only ruin prom so many times before it gets old.

I have fingers crossed that if this pack can deliver a good active high school that we can have active elementary schools. I would love to see active uni classes, but that requires a pack refresh and it looks like pack refreshes have been abandoned.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2022
    I guess I will find out today if the high school is like GTW's hospital and or the police station. Nonedible without cheats. (?) How it will work with more than a few teens going to classes etc. I may have missed it but I am assuming it works like GTW's doctor career etc. where we follow our teen to the school? Then have a bunch of tasks to do (?) like socialize five times with so and so. :(

I hope not but how else could it work if it doesn't work like that, I can't imagine. Follow don't follow.

ETA: I'm not surprised they added a Depop app for Sims since Etsy owns Depop in real life...and we already have that spin off of Etsy in the game. How many ways can they add what should have been in a fashion career or fashion influencer career to this game? Fifty is my guess and I'm being conservative with that number. o:)
    Piecemealed.

Let me add this little antidote, a long time ago, I tried the school mod for kids in the game. It was fun for about two days, then I decided it was a grind and I didn't want to play it anymore. The person who made that mod did an excellent job, but the name has slipped my mind. Zerbo? No that's not right. Excellent, but I got very tired, very fast of following my Sim's kid to the school, shortly.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I guess I will find out today if the high school is like GTW's hospital and or the police station. Nonedible without cheats. (?) How it will work with more than a few teens going to classes etc. I may have missed it but I am assuming it works like GTW's doctor career etc. where we follow our teen to the school? Then have a bunch of tasks to do (?) like socialize five times with so and so. :(

I hope not but how else could it work if it doesn't work like that, I can't imagine. Follow don't follow.

I expect it to be like university (which does not inspire confidence). You can walk around the school and at fixed times you have to go to class x,y,z. Only instead of a rabbit hole you can watch your sim sit in a chair for an hour? I have no idea why people want active school classes.
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    Sims players: EA really needs to step up their game. They're offering us mediocre, lackluster content for far too much money and it's sickening.
    also Sims players: tHeY CaN sIt cRoSs-lEgGeD nOw😩😩😩😍
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    skelebee wrote: »
    Sims players: EA really needs to step up their game. They're offering us mediocre, lackluster content for far too much money and it's sickening.
    The crossed leg thing is nice, but did we not have that in other games as a base game feature. We have to wait so long for the most basic animations can't tell you how many requests over the years I've seen for cuddle in bed which is still not a thing I guess when it comes in year 10 or so people will rant and rave that we got something so basic to make Sims feel less robotic.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2022
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    skelebee wrote: »
    people will rant and rave that we got something so basic to make Sims feel less robotic.

Yeah, it's sad actually. The previous games didn't feel quite so robotic.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Perhaps we could recreate «The facts of life» for those who know the tv show. But again why so many crop tops and ripped jeans. I don't see so many teens wear that kind of clothes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top