Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Apparently if you play Molly, the Mum looses the job as the principal. I am not surprised, but that scene in the trailer with her sneaking out and all seems a bit misleading.

I like her as the principal, so that house is now unusable. Either I can take that lot as a loss and never use it, kick them out or split the family somehow. Maybe Molly lives with her grandfather and not her mother due to bad blood? Idk.

It's the same as the Scott's in Cottage Living, though with them it wasn't a massive issue for me as they're a bit more background so don't mind kicking them out and keeping them as unplayable townies.
  • Options
    PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    I'm not happy that the school is locked to Copperdale (although not surprised either). Does anyone know if this will replace the base game rabbit hole school, or if we'll have the option of both? If my sims in Sulani, Mt Komorebi, Henford on Bagley and Oasis Springs are all forced to attend the Copperdale school together, that is a deal-breaker for me.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm disappointed there was no comic stuff for the lockers
    also its seems like they should have added manga and comics.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Not surprised but so disappointed that pillow fighting didn’t include kids. I know that this is a teen pack. But i just think children should have been included. It’s the bikes all over again.

I feel like they should’ve added an option to have uniforms. It’s not something I care about but I know it’s something that a lot of simmers wanted.

The pier needs a lot. I don’t understand why there’s no close lot to it.

the only thing I hard was kids cant pillow fight with teens kids might be able to with kids @Evilyn_1007
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Not surprised but so disappointed that pillow fighting didn’t include kids. I know that this is a teen pack. But i just think children should have been included. It’s the bikes all over again.

I feel like they should’ve added an option to have uniforms. It’s not something I care about but I know it’s something that a lot of simmers wanted.

The pier needs a lot. I don’t understand why there’s no close lot to it.

the only thing I hard was kids cant pillow fight with teens kids might be able to with kids @Evilyn_1007

I hope so.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Either I can take that lot as a loss and never use it, kick them out or split the family somehow. Maybe Molly lives with her grandfather and not her mother due to bad blood? Idk.
    That is a really good idea, thanks!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2022
    Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but I am amazed with all this talk about high school they never covered how and when a sim actually graduates.

Is it a set amount of days?
    Is it the Friday or Saturday before your sim ages up?
    Does turning off aging delay it?
    What happens if I decide if it is time to age up? Do they miss the graduation ceremony and just get a diploma?
    Phobostime wrote: »
    I'm not happy that the school is locked to Copperdale (although not surprised either). Does anyone know if this will replace the base game rabbit hole school, or if we'll have the option of both? If my sims in Sulani, Mt Komorebi, Henford on Bagley and Oasis Springs are all forced to attend the Copperdale school together, that is a deal-breaker for me.

I was hoping that we could put a school anywhere and we could use lockers or whatever to assign sims to a specific school.
    I wouldn't put a school in every world, but I would have at least two more.

This just make my prep-school dorm concept all the more valuable.
    I use it to rotate sims through high school and uni and this makes it location based. I will be placing it in Copperdale.

My main concern is the time it takes a sim to graduate. Now I will be put on a time schedule. Base game, it didn't matter. Your sim was done with high school when they aged up. I believe it's going to make my play-style difficult because I will have mess with having aging-on and letting time pass.

Sidenote: Why did they even put T-posing in here?
    It bugs the heck out of me to see a character T-posing. It's triggering because it's bug related and I really don't want to be thinking about bugs in a bug ridden game. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member

Whet you live in Copperdale you can select before school starts which of your teens you send to the copperdale school and which into the old rabbit hole school

I assume you will have the same choice when you live somewhere else.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Looks like no way to build schools on other worlds or control which teens go to school here :(. I don't want sims from random world showing up here. I like other bits of the pack but this is making me less likely to play with the actual school.

This is one of the limitations that I dislike where you can only have assets in one neighborhood associated with the EP and not build one in another neighborhood of your choice like they did this with CL and for me that limits my creativity and rely on the Dev to create for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    @RavenSpit I know this will be werewolf packs all over again. What could it hurt to let us make our own clubs, packs, or whatever without having to use Get Togethers clubs?

Ugh, dont get me started on the wolf packs, its my one big dissapointment from werewolfs...
    also Im afraid the high school clubs will be like the Uni ones, which were very boring to me, nice idea but a snooze fest...though tbf the whole Uni pack is boring to me, just got it cuz of robotics and some of the BB and CAS.
    And so far it seems I'll only get this pack for BB and CAS too, saw some nice clutter in the trailer.
    Gameplay will probly be a one and done kinda deal, you can only ruin prom so many times before it gets old.

In some aspects EA/Maxis had taken the choices we used to make in earlier versions and are making some of us depend on them and it irks me because if I hear them hear "Challenge Everything" I would explode because that is like putting salt on a wound. But I agree with you, and this reminds me of a certain trade that is illegal.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Doesn't seem like there's anything for creative sims...kind of weird when something like say, writing fanfiction is as popular as ever. Same with digital art. This pack, if anything, would have been perfect to add on to that one creative kids aspiration, or continue it into the teen stage with something similar. (art as a subject was a thing back when I was in high school, and English did include creative writing every now and then).

Then again, I was the kid that used the library computers to read fanfiction during my free periods lol. I actually got into writing during my last couple of years of high school.

Everything seems a bit too...social. what about the introverts or loners, the quiet kids? I suppose I can put that to the test if I decide to get the pack as I'm on the fence about buying it.

I was hoping for something a bit more...global? At least the ability to set a school uniform as a separate outfit category or something, sadly my only experience with the American school system is like Kim Possible and a couple other shows that aired on TV growing up....

I think the only reason I'd get the pack would be just so I have a reason to play something other than young adult, the new bed animations, the BB and CAS items, and see how badly werewolf sims would break the gameplay at school.
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member

Everything seems a bit too...social. what about the introverts or loners, the quiet kids? I suppose I can put that to the test if I decide to get the pack as I'm on the fence about buying it.

There is a socially awkward trait which, according to lilsimsie, makes nearly all face to face actions fail.
    But you can still interact normally through social media, apparently even more than before, and she got relations and romance up to half full without even meeting.
    But face to face every interaction failed including asking to become friends. A few moments later the other sim asked to become friends through social media.

A similar thing happened to prom invites. Because of the trait asking the other sim out to prom failed and then when the prom happened that sim was angry for not being invited to prom...

Although this is still social (just anti).
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yeah. If the after-school activities are mostly rabbit holes, they could have thrown im some more clubs at the very least.

And since this pack has nearly all of its gameplay confined to one world, it follows yet another trend with EPs. This includes City Living, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Island Living, and Discover University. Around half of all EPs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Darren wrote: »

There is a socially awkward trait which, according to lilsimsie, makes nearly all face to face actions fail.
    But you can still interact normally through social media, apparently even more than before, and she got relations and romance up to half full without even meeting.
    But face to face every interaction failed including asking to become friends. A few moments later the other sim asked to become friends through social media.

A similar thing happened to prom invites. Because of the trait asking the other sim out to prom failed and then when the prom happened that sim was angry for not being invited to prom...

Although this is still social (just anti).

At this point, I'll take anything to add a bit more depth to the relationship system. Not sure if it's worth sixty NZ$ though...There's a lot of features in the new pack, but the upcoming patch has the stuff I'm actually hyped about...
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2022
    Breazona wrote: »
    Specifically thinking about promposals when writing this as I'm not sure if we have the option to just ask to prom without making a big deal of it but imo it applies to a lot of Sims 4.

You can just ask to prom I saw the option on the livestream, you can also slip a note in your target sim’s locker and wait for a reply.
    Darren wrote: »

Whet you live in Copperdale you can select before school starts which of your teens you send to the copperdale school and which into the old rabbit hole school

I assume you will have the same choice when you live somewhere else.

You can also follow more than one student from the same household at a time.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I'm really curious (concerned) about integration with Parenthood when it comes to school. Also Seasons too I guess, since there were special days (like love day) that had pop ups and activities for the sims.

But for Parenthood specifically: how does this impact the school projects that teens could randomly be assigned? I really liked those, since multiple sims could work on them together, and you could keep them when done. I don't think they mentioned anything about Parenthood during the livestream and I haven't seen anyone talk about it with early access 😰 I'm assuming you could still get them assigned if you don't travel with the teens to school? But what about when you DO go to school with them? Would I have to ignore a major feature of the pack just to still get these assignments?

Plus it really feels like a missed opportunity to have the teacher assign projects, especially for the cross pack integration ability...

And still have no idea how no-school holidays impact the school day... Please I need to know 😭
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am having more negative feelings about this pack than I expected. I like the CAS, the B/B and I like the world. But I am very worried about graduation. It doesn't seem to be working in the version the game changers have. I am afraid it will break my rotation system.

There should have been more options for schools. We should have been able to create schools on our own and assign students to those schools. I would have preferred more options to the current rabbit hole system. If there is going to be one school, let us at least pick who attends. What's it going to be like when I play Copperdale and teens from everywhere show up, but your next door neighbor does not?

Why do the after school clubs not meet in real life? Football, I understand, but all the others should be possible. Can I have clubs meet at the school?

Why can't children pillow fights with teens!

Why is prom every week? I heard it's so everyone gets a chance to go, but couldn't we have just been allowed to schedule it?

Hopefully, it will be better than I expect, or
    modders will fix some of the issues, but I'm on the fence right now.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    @Breazona Aww, thank you for the compliment regarding my profile picture!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    lexibee wrote: »
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I'm really curious (concerned) about integration with Parenthood when it comes to school. Also Seasons too I guess, since there were special days (like love day) that had pop ups and activities for the sims.

But for Parenthood specifically: how does this impact the school projects that teens could randomly be assigned? I really liked those, since multiple sims could work on them together, and you could keep them when done. I don't think they mentioned anything about Parenthood during the livestream and I haven't seen anyone talk about it with early access 😰 I'm assuming you could still get them assigned if you don't travel with the teens to school? But what about when you DO go to school with them? Would I have to ignore a major feature of the pack just to still get these assignments?

Plus it really feels like a missed opportunity to have the teacher assign projects, especially for the cross pack integration ability...

And still have no idea how no-school holidays impact the school day... Please I need to know 😭

Thank you like it's highschool cool we get drama and interaction and social media but what about the school part of learning like you said the class projects even in class with the early access they said teens just sit there and listen I'm like so you can't sleep in class, pass notes, take notes in class, raise hand to ask and answer questions? Then Detention the Sims just sat there it was no consequences at all like do homework or write stances or standards over and over, then they were like but it's not the final gameplay but it's usually is though so...
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    logion wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »
    I am having more negative feelings about this pack than I expected. I like the CAS, the B/B and I like the world. But I am very worried about graduation. It doesn't seem to be working in the version the game changers have. I am afraid it will break my rotation system.

There should have been more options for schools. We should have been able to create schools on our own and assign students to those schools. I would have preferred more options to the current rabbit hole system. If there is going to be one school, let us at least pick who attends. What's it going to be like when I play Copperdale and teens from everywhere show up, but your next door neighbor does not?

Why do the after school clubs not meet in real life? Football, I understand, but all the others should be possible. Can I have clubs meet at the school?

Why is prom every week? I heard it's so everyone gets a chance to go, but couldn't we have just been allowed to schedule it?

I'm starting to have more negative feelings about the pack too, it's the limitations of the sims4 that is starting to frustrate me. They said that they wanted to focus on teens forming relationships and hanging out, but after school activities are rabbit holes? The world is so small so Kevin, the main sim in the trailer doesn't even have parents? He is living with another family? The fair looks kinda...dull? We can't build high schools anywhere else or choose who attends them so it's going to be a bunch of random teens?

It really feels like many have mentioned here that they want you to play their story. You should play as a trendy teen who is socially awkward and sells clothes, streams videogames, sneaks out at night and hangs out at the pier and looks forward to prom. Want to play as a teen who likes to to do different activities? Too bad, those are just rabbit holes, not enough budget for that.

Yes, and they made me love Molly, and then, we can't play her as actually the principal's daughter.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    logion wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

I'm starting to have more negative feelings about the pack too, it's the limitations of the sims4 that is starting to frustrate me. They said that they wanted to focus on teens forming relationships and hanging out, but after school activities are rabbit holes? The world is so small so Kevin, the main sim in the trailer doesn't even have parents? He is living with another family? The fair looks kinda...dull? We can't build high schools anywhere else or choose who attends them so it's going to be a bunch of random teens?

It really feels like many have mentioned here that they want you to play their story. You should play as a trendy teen who is socially awkward and sells clothes, streams videogames, sneaks out at night and hangs out at the pier and looks forward to prom. Want to play as a teen who likes to to do different activities? Too bad, those are just rabbit holes, not enough budget for that.

I think the main issue is that they decided to make the pack focused on the high school, and as expected, there is very little variable gameplay in it, however, that took the bulk of the dev time. In every thread I've seen over the years asking for a school pack, pretty much everyone in those threads wanted everything school except the actual school itself - what they wanted was prom, and pretty much only prom, and maybe graduation, classrooms and locker lined hallways to take pictures of their Sims in. It's one of the areas I really wished EA continued to ignore the community on.

I really wish instead of wasting all that effort into making the whole interactive school system, they instead focused more on out of school activities. Think the Boba/thrift shop, but in addition, skateparks and skate shops, video arcades and comic book stores, that sort of thing.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have to admit, although I was excited for this pack I am disappointed with some of the gameplay I was hoping for and expecting. I still love a lot of it, but I was really looking forward to playing my sims through their school day. The classes themselves are disappointing as your sim just sits through the class, no real interaction. Would have been content if they had even a few interactions, like study hard or take notes, instead of none. Was looking forward to the after school activities, working with other students whether football, cheer or playing chess. Was totally surprised when watching James Turner's gameplay video and saw that is also a rabbithole! I will probably go with my teen only 1-2 times a week to school as don't feel it will be as much fun as I originally thought. Saw the rooms with computers and the chess sets and thought they would be used for the afterschool clubs, but no. Would have been fun to attend those with other students, interact with them while increasing your skills and relationships.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm still waiting for the day a pack doesn't disappoint me by completely limiting Simmers' creativity and just adding the bare minimum within it's theme. Just another pack with unfulfilled potential...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top