Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

1444546474850...Next

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2023
    This pack is on my list, I'm just waiting for 38% to change to 50% :) But, reading this thread confuses me as many posts are rather old, and I have no ide whether all flaws are still there, or if they were fixed directly or indirectly, or by workarounds. Could someone pls enlighten me on whether the pack is as bad technically as it used to be?

Re too little to do at the funfair, I plan to turn the park into a more active part of it all. We need some arriving point anyway, so why not add what the park is missing there. Like a working café, fun activities (horseshoe, dart and more), if built in a dedicated way it might look more mun than those activities actually are, lol.

Anyone?

I'm pretty sure all the flaws are still there, so unfortunately I don't think much have improved with it. The pack gives your teens somewhere to hang out but there is nothing to do at the high school and they do the same thing every day and also have prom every week. The events involved with the high school and prom are repetitive and don't have much to them. After school activities are just rabbit holes, they do have events behind the high school but you don't do a lot there.

Social Bunny is mostly only good for keeping friendship with sims without needing to meet them but the messages don't have much variety and the app can be used for all ages but the messages only really fits for teens.

You can turn the park into a more active lot but the lot is pretty small. It's also located a bit away from the harbor where the funfair is.

CAS and Build Buy is pretty good though.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    edited November 2023
    If you like family gameplay I think the pack is almost worth it. I make decent money and have no children (unless you count my pets) so I have a lot of leeway in my budget to spend money on Sims DLC and I have all of it, even Batuu. But if I didn't, I don't know that I'd say this one is a MUST have like Seasons, Cats&Dogs, etc.

Pros: I LOVE Copperdale, it's probably my second favorite world outside of Brindleton Bay. It's so pretty and cozy. In my template save I have made it "Update NY" and it shares a region with San Myshuno. I really like all the families I placed there and their stories. And though I pretty much ignore a lot of the thrift gameplay such as reselling outfits, I do like the idea of a multi-function lot, and I use that lot type quite a bit across my template save. I usually use the thrifting aspect to buy my sim new outfits, or gift outfits to other sims.

Cons: The high school gameplay is repetitive and because the lot is so big it can really slow your performance down. Usually what I do is decide what kind of a sim my sim is going to be (artsy? Sporty? techy? basic?) pretty early on, and then they only go to class on the days that the subjects pertain to the skills they need. Otherwise, it feels a little like a cheat to rack up a ton of skill points before young adulthood. I also ignore prom until my sim is about to become a YA. So for me it's a mix of not following my sim to school and following them (I usually go two out of the five days). I also completely ignore Social Bunny unless my teen is a "drama llama" sim. I don't use the thrifting / reselling aspect at ALL unless you count what I wrote above. And I never go to Graduation because I'm a control freak and don't want random sims aging up without my permission.

So I end up only using the high school game play, and only a few days a week.

If you can only afford 1 new pack this year and you want a pack related to family gameplay, I'd recommend Growing Together instead of HSY. It has no real game breaking features or slow performance and I like a lot of things it introduced, such as family dynamics, adding another trait as you get older, memories, etc.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited December 2023
    Social Bunny is still broken (followers stuck at low numbers, thus not able to complete the Icon aspiration), the Sneak out aspiration is broken, the Window Sneaking out option never appears, please fix these dear EA. Not nice that we are still waiting for these bugs to be fixed since 2022...I am not going to praise EA for not fixing broken content, no one should.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 3
    Early Graduation comes quickly in particular with Aging OFF.

The game is so hurry to turn off the main features of this pack : Prom, Graduation, High school and Afterschool activities.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    I love high school years, just a few complaints. I wish all the teenagers I currently play with would be in school together. The school is usually so empty and just the defaults and not many of my other households unless I summon a club meeting and they are not taking classes.
    Also wish I could unlock cc for the Trendi app- also be able to buy the look from another household, I have on the app.
    And while I love the Goth Galore kit, I was shocked there was no goth cliche cas in the THS ep as this would belong in this pack. The even have the locker decoration option. They went with more preppy clothing, which I felt was not enough options. I do like how they were able to show this niche with a lot of attention in the kit, so maybe it would be too generic if it were thrown in the EP.
    I wish we could play in the football field a game and have an actual game and sit on the bleachers.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I wish we could use the field, instead of one tiny spot, it looked like it was meant to be used.
    Also, I wish the high school was more active, and each day wasn't random Sims that only show up once. Most of my families have 3-6 teens, since I aged most of them up for the pack. I am lucky that some of my other teens that I am not playing show up, but they have only done so once. Same with the NPC/townie teens. I wish the game used all the teens that live in the area, instead of showing up randomly.
    I may have to start a teen group with Get Together, because I want to create relationships with my teens at an early ages for future Sim generations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top