Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• Options
    KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Thanks for offering and letting me know about the app@ZeeGee

Thank you for checking! @Jude525

I might have mixed up posts... but looking at your pictures it clicked I could use the CFE cheat AND build above ground with a hill, I did it the hard way by trying several times to dig a hole the perfect wall height depth so that the first floor would be above the ground and the "basement" in the hole instead of making the hill first and go from there...I reaaaally complicated things.

Yes it is a Japanese reality tv show. I liked that it was not the kind of "drama" it is hard to describe, like the pettiness and raunchiness? I guess you'd expect in say Big Brother, it's more like the drama is how roommates should consider each others feelings and not be self-centered...and how they can help each other achieve their dreams for example.

@Merelhyn ; that sounds like a challenge I would have too, lol.
    I am sure you also used the free wood tiles and free walls? For the outside liberal use of different terrain paints for outside looking tiles and different grasses and using the hydrageas (they're $1? I think) liberally and instead of bushes using the bush fencing to decorate and cut down on landscaping.
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    @Jude525 I did a traditional studio with a clearly separated sleeping area. But then I tried to make some decent roof and I had to add columns to make it look relatively nice. And columns are expensive. It's still a good starter but I had to "cheat", I replaced the kitchen by the Into The Future all-in-one thing to eat. Right now I'm hesitating between "you can live in it but it would be so much better with this and this and this" and "it's a starter, duh, of course many things are lacking".

Yes, the bolded part. The resident Sims can upgrade as they acquire more funds. You could post a pic of what you see the "finished" house looking like, providing guidance for the new homeowner. :D
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @KiearaPhoenix I did a lot of trial and error to get the foundation at just the right height for my build. Especially since I was replicating an existing building. Then quite a bit of playing with the "smooth terrain" tool as well because it kept wanting to dip the ground around the house to the lower interior level. About the only areas that are level in the real yard are some of the front yard and the paved patio in the back. Everything else slopes. Which made for some interesting games of croquet. (Something I couldn't find was a croquet set. We played all the time.)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    @Merelhyn ; that sounds like a challenge I would have too, lol.
    I am sure you also used the free wood tiles and free walls? For the outside liberal use of different terrain paints for outside looking tiles and different grasses and using the hydrageas (they're $1? I think) liberally and instead of bushes using the bush fencing to decorate and cut down on landscaping.

Yes of course, I did. But my floorplan was not the best, I think. Few walls overall but difficult to make good roofing with, so I had to add columns to make it look decent. I'll probably do another with a more efficient floorplan (thinking of the roofs ahead of time instead of going afterwards at "I'll find a way to make roofing work").
  • Options
    Ok, so I finished a version of my starter today (finally back to the traditional fridge/stove, I deleted the second table I used as a desk to pay for it).

I'll maybe still change things around, or make an "upgraded" version because urgh starters… they are so frustrating! I finally chose a purple/green theme for the main living space and I think it's not so bad.

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I LOOOVE purple and green together! Can't wait to see @Merelhyn
  • Options
    It's nearly finished! I'll just run through it once again in a few days to see if not, definitely, this detail need to change. It's was very frustrating to think "it would be better like that but… money…". Still, interesting challenge and I may even try it again.
  • Options
    Hulk like purple/green. No smash
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Wow, so quiet.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a friendly Sims 4 builders thread? Or maybe answer my question for me? The game comes with the "Rooftop Treble" karaoke bar in the Gallery, but it is just a single rooftop venue that NEEDS a building under it. I want to use it, but have no idea how to place it. I imagine it has something to do with the constraints of high rises that come with City Living, but since I've barely touched building in 4, I'm clueless. Any suggestions?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Isn't that always the way? Finally ask someone and you see the answer that was there the whole time.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Wow, so quiet.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Isn't that always the way? Finally ask someone and you see the answer that was there the whole time.

Always the way! Yes very quiet. Where's everyone?!
  • Options
    Sorry, everyone... on my end I caught that bug that's been going around. Yay... wiped me out a few days. But I'm feeling better enough today to sit up and turn on sims 3. Redoing some stuff to the palace because I saw I used quite a lot of objects and wallpapers from worlds the wishers? don't have. oops >_<;
  • Options
    Real life getting to me too… I tried to do another version of my luxury starter, discovered I now have free brick wallpapers in my game (which is great because it offers different possibility than only the wood panels) but I have no idea what store world they came with.
  • Options
    EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    i've been watching shows and reading books, i kinda stopped thinking of the sims for a bit. but there is still time left in the month, i might try to get another build up.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Almost ready to post the completed beach house project. I just need to finish compiling the credits for the included custom content. But, otherwise, the post itself is fully written and ready to go. But, it's getting late. So, tomorrow....

BTW, it won't be submitted as an entry. With all the CC, I don't think it fits anyone's wish list. I'm just so happy with the project and I look forward to sharing it with y'all. The main post will be on my build thread, with a teaser here.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    It's done!!!!!

thAfdbr.jpg?1

Please head on over to my build thread and take a look. I've very happy and very proud. It is almost exactly what I wanted it to be.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jude525 it looks really good!
  • Options
    @Jude525 wow that's a project that was truly "a labor of love" and nostalgia. (took a peak in the build thread) I think that I love the fact I could feel like I could see your family playing summers there. I love you how you could replicate somewhat some details in your memory (the star wars poster subbing for a clipping and ticket stub). The hill solution worked out nicely too ^^
  • Options
    Here's my second submission!

Creator’s Username: Kiearaphoenix

Creator Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    Kiearaphoenix Wishlist

Item Title: Royal Barge of Atlantis

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item:
    @creativity_rulez's #2. Houseboat

Exchange Link:
    Linky

Description:
    Atlantian Royal Barge. The matching houseboat to the Atlantis: Umbra Palace

Details:
    3 Bdrm, 2 Baths, Mini garden, indoor pool.

1st Floor: Mini green house garden, collection display room.

2nd Floor: Indoor pool, Bar/entertaining room.

3rd Floor: Kitchen, Living Room, 1 Bathroom

4th Floor: 2 Bedrooms, 1 nursery/kids room, reading nook.

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? None

Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes.

Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:

00a49a534f801511c5520f9cf18b7dbe.png
    Reading Nook
    90716aa60ac4eefdbc556f84ce6afeed.jpg
    Nursery/Kids Bdrm
    0fa384a02394377813f7500bd6ddf2bc.png
    Bar/Pool area
    2135f50dd6732fb9a1f78e40688d8ae5.jpg
    Guest Bdrm
    5d1bd2368d006da083446a67627568b1.jpg
    Kitchen Area
    41dbcb707cf5977a860e9ecdb11a81c7.jpg

More pics, mostly layouts
    f4a48750e3df527571fc031153d84980.jpg
    fa1fa8de3947a5a8039c564a11cf3fbc.jpg
    97e55d6fd40a65f009bb9ac775226a63.jpg
    6da12f2275d45b22b311946c18a22aea.jpg

Hopefully later tonight I'll be able to upload the Palace! If not tonight defo tomorrow. ^_^
  • Options
    Standard Entry Form:
    Creator’s Username: Merelhyn
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site My wishlist
    Item Title: Hortensias Cabin
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item @AlphaFen 3 or @ciane 2 (starter)
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: Mod The Sims
    Description: You are starting your own adult life under your own roof, leaving the comfort of the parental house... You are prepared for the hardships to come but still, you don't want to end up sacrificing too much? Hortensias Cabin is for you! This small cabin will fit any budget with comfortable furniture.
    Details: Starter with luxury amenities for all basic needs! In green and purple because, why not?
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No
    Do you have CC in your game folder? Mod to move mirrors up and down but the upload is custard-checked
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    MTS_Merelhyn-1742291-Screenshot-5.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1742297-Screenshot-11.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1742298-Screenshot-12.jpg

• Options
    Wow @KiearaPhoenix that's beautiful! (too much content I don't have to add it to my game but the pictures are beautiful!).

@Jude525 I'm so happy it turned out so well for you! Thank you for sharing something so charged in memories with us.
  • Options
    @Merelhyn that is super cute!

@KiearaPhoenix wow just, just wow! it's so fancy!
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @KiearaPhoenix Well colour me aquamarine!! That houseboat is amazing!! :astonished: The use of brick wallpaper to make it look like stained glass windows! The colours and style of the reading nook! The overlaid rugs and different floor textures!! It's so creative and looks fit for Poseidon himself, mind you it won't be if I get my hands on it first :*

@Merelhyn <- beautiful name by the way. Hortensias Cabin is charming! The colour co-ordinating of the bin and mailbox with the (awesome) shell porch decoration really pulls it together and adds character. Finding room in the budget for a bit of garden really gives it that homey, lived in touch and you even used my favourite super cheap starter front door too! :p Thank you very much <3
  • Options
    Glad you like it @AlphaFen ! :)

I'm doing another (completely different) version of this luxury starter. Still a tiny lot, but with a modern feel and probably all in black and white (and greys). But It probably won't be done this month.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Merelhyn - What a gorgeous starter. I LOVE it! The wood is a perfect choice and I especially love the shape! That shell detail on the upper gable section is adorable! The layout is perfect. I love the way the bed faces the windows while being hidden behind a wall, and of course the nice big windows you chose are the best! The colors and styles are awesome. I love that herringbone style walk as well. I use it often. I see this as a very nice addition to my game. I will be playing in it and enjoying it soon. Thank you so much for thinking of me.
  • Options
    I'm always happy when people like and use my builds! Thank you for your kind words @ciane !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top