Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Sims 3 Music Genre?

Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
I haven't seen this poll yet and I can't be the only person who likes the music inside sims 3 lol
I combined them based on the order I wrote them in (I couldn't do more than 10 options lol) Feel free to specify in comments.
My favorite is Soul.
hLhdCsO.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Favorite Sims 3 Music Genre? 100 votes

Country or Kids
5%
jjames041ellabrodey9dorcsyfulSimtown15peachysimoleons 5 votes
Pop or Hip Hop
21%
Jaline33Writin_RegPeachesnDucksmonjr8302emorrillkimieswildroseswrenstalesScorpina2009megan_marialrnblsm98pandabear1836kjkjkj123MemoriiValentinejordandMidnightAuraXavy_CatbudewarminYuriTheCreatorTS1299gerefteast 21 votes
Electronica or Classical
15%
alanmichael1MikezumicwaddellSimplyJenRodJohnbecomingjenndogdancerTreyNutzSigzy05king_of_simcity7Breazonas1mszzangAvataritlisalittlesimmerNikkei_Simmer 15 votes
Geek Rock or Island Life
10%
Emily4331EmoFlowerspax1swJeansooChanticoAnthonydyerElijahsBabyGurl9Bettyboop55AgentAnteatercoco 10 votes
Songwriter or Digi Tunes
3%
Rsandamousemuffinloopsyloopss 3 votes
Indie or Dark Wave
19%
Rukola_SchaafMagdaleenaGoeguzagboorulesLuvDyrdekpetalbotGabbyGirlJMeela_PashtigazorInfraGreenPositivibeeSimKeatsthuggishsplicertretheraHollyL73Faerie197ShadowmarkedKatie_Loukaitlyn0 19 votes
Beach Party or Soul
8%
ApparentlyAwesomeSillyhartluvSunfisher0ChelleJoFinvolaDestin2016ClarionOfJoyChi5678 8 votes
Custom Music or R&B
11%
StormkeepParyjillbglisasc360gamerplaya94yoshi_dragur2012CravenLestatSummerRoxyBishybripolrbearKeiomestre 11 votes
Roots or Latin
1%
Sindocat 1 vote
Location (French, Egyptian, or Chinese)
7%
HejixAnmirlaJoAnne65sof2106JemkatkGoulsquashwildflutterby 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Pop or Hip Hop
    Pop!
    Although I also like Disco. Love the music in game.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2018
    Custom Music or R&B
    Chose custom cause my sims need their daily fix of KPop or they will kill me.Sims are very needy. :# Betty likes Twice
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    Beach Party or Soul
    I like Beach Party more than Soul. I love Bom Bom so much that I actually found the English version of it. The video is unique :p
  • Options
    peachysimoleonspeachysimoleons Posts: 2 New Member
    Country or Kids
    pop and kids! Something about the kids music is just so catchy LOL
  • Options
    gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    Pop or Hip Hop
    Pop, but I like some electronica tunes too.
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The combinations are somewhat challenging :D Classical is my favourite, but electronica not so much... So I went for location. Love hearing those because they give me the WA vibe, even when being at home.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Electronica or Classical
    Electronica, but not classical at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Electronica, but not classical at all.
    We should have shared a vote hahaha ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Beach Party or Soul
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The combinations are somewhat challenging :D Classical is my favourite, but electronica not so much... So I went for location. Love hearing those because they give me the WA vibe, even when being at home.

I only combined them in such a way because it only allowed me 10 options and that was just the order I wrote them all in. Hence why there's "OR" in every choice.
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Custom Music or R&B
    Always custom music. I have my own MP3's playing in my game. Sometimes I swap out the current songs, for the music from the TS2 College Rock channel, which I extracted from my TS2 game. I love the music from that channel such a lot.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Geek Rock or Island Life
    Tough choice. I always listen to my own custom music but if I had to choose actual sims music I always have a soft spot for Geek Rock. I do also love the Pop, Classical, Indie and Location (especially French) stations.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Indie or Dark Wave
    The problem isn't that you had to combine choices, I think it's the way in which they were combined. Perhaps Electronica might have gone better with Indie, for example. But there are too many combos required and not enough poll choices allowed, so there may not have been a better way to do this one as the combos will always make someone unhappy about selecting it even if the "OR" is totally understood.

It's really challenging to come up with a meaningful poll for in-game content that isn't kind of trivial (what kind of fertilizer is your sims' favorite? how often do your sims go grocery shopping?) and that can stand with only ten choices or nine plus a catch-all for "other." But we've only had the polling ability here in this forum section for a very short while now, I bet more of these will come along in time. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited January 2018
    Electronica or Classical
    Electronica

Of the genres I'm most familiar with ( read "been around the longest" ) I like songs from Electronica, Pop and Indie. I like for my sim to listen to their favorite station, it gives them an extra boost in their moodlet. Since electronic plays when they exercise I always choose that for my athletic sims and often for others too. I set the bars to play electronica instead of classical too. I like some of the newer channels too such as Dark Wave, Island Life, etc
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Custom Music or R&B
    I chose Custom as I have some of my MP3 songs in the game. Like I had used the Christmas songs that I have in MP3 format in my game when it was Gift Giving Day. I also have some songs such as "The Ghostbuster's" 80's version as well as "The Monster Mash" song as well as others in a folder titled "Halloween" that I will swipe out when Fall comes around in my game. After I switched out the Christmas music, then I added some of my favorite country music, soft rock, oldies and some R&R to my game. I do have my SS's favorite music as Country and my SS's bf/husband will be Rock music... :)
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I'm not trying to denigrate your thread, but you really should have an option for "No Music". 99.99% of the time I keep the background music turned off. For some reason background music in games really bugs the heck out of me. I don't hate music in general, right now I'm listening to Big Band/Swing from Google Play, but I can't stand it in games.

If we're talking about which music we pick for a new Sim's favorite though, it's usually Electronica.
  • Options
    ali1123ali1123 Posts: 13 New Member
    That's really hard because I pretty much listen to them all but if I had to choose I'd say geek rock or island life!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Beach Party or Soul
    bklienhart wrote: »
    I'm not trying to denigrate your thread, but you really should have an option for "No Music". 99.99% of the time I keep the background music turned off. For some reason background music in games really bugs the heck out of me. I don't hate music in general, right now I'm listening to Big Band/Swing from Google Play, but I can't stand it in games.

If we're talking about which music we pick for a new Sim's favorite though, it's usually Electronica.

This is just a thread to see what music you like from the sims 3. I happen to like most of them and I actually listen to the music when my sims are busy at school work or mastering skills lol is that weird? I wanted to add an "other" option, but as already stated I'm out of options. Thanks for your feedback though (:

Also, as a side note, does any one know what genre of music the songs that singer sims singing is under?
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited January 2018
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • Options
    Chi5678 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I only combined them in such a way because it only allowed me 10 options and that was just the order I wrote them all in. Hence why there's "OR" in every choice.
    Nothing wrong with a challenge ;) Plenty of room to explain our choice.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Beach Party or Soul
    I am so hooked on Soul in Sims 3 that whenever I play Sims 4, I'm instantly said I can't use the sims 3 soundtrack from Soul.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited January 2018
    Electronica or Classical
    I *LOVE* sims 3 music! I know so many great songs/artists thanks to sims!

My favourites:
    Electronica (Ladytron! I had a time that I was addicted to "Rockfalls and Estuaries" https://youtube.com/watch?v=yEY3LZmxf2k) and many of the Late Night soundtrack songs
    Geek Rock - All the University Life soundtrack
    Beach Party - https://youtube.com/watch?v=Qsy7kJyizoc
    Also there is Rock channel or something, possibly in Ambitions? Anyway I like these songs:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=kzrAfkyq-xM
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=e8X3ACToii0
    Also in Pets there is this awsome song:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=qxTEN10M3bU
    and this too (I won't stop now;)) https://youtube.com/watch?v=u5GAXzkYtm8

I'm sorry I mostly remember the songs by the EP, but to summarize I think the category is usually electronica/rock.
    I must say whoever did the music editing for sims 3 is just briliant!!!
    (sims 4 is very disappointing in that matter).
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2018
    Electronica or Classical
    I always have music muted in-game because I want to turn loading screen/buildbuy music off. Sadly it turns off radio stations too. My sims tend to be a fan of Electronica or Geek Rock though if I choose their favorites.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited January 2018
    Geek Rock or Island Life
    My favorite genre, disco channel insn’t on the list, so picked the second favorite one. I changed the channel to French when my couple sims do slow dance.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited January 2018
    Electronica or Classical
    Not ELECTRONICA; that stuff gives me a headache.

Since I don't like Electronica, you can guess what my option is since selecting that... CLASSICAL.

It's what I grew up with, it's what I listen to. The music of the great composers. And I put my favorite music (Baroque) on the Custom Channel after removing the crud they put in at the beginning.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top