Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Sims 3 Music Genre?

Comments

• Options
    Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    edited January 2018
    Beach Party or Soul
    @Nikkei_Simmer I grew up with classical too :mrgreen: but for some reason I started getting obsessed with Soul music lately XD
    @Avatarit Glad to know I'm not the only one who loves the music in game that much lol.
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Roots or Latin
    Tough call. But for setting the mood - which, for most of my Sims, is a top priority - I like Latin.

Dark Wave, also and sometimes Indie. That was nearly my vote, because I do like both, but Latin is my go-to.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Country or Kids
    Idk why, but I just love the kids' music. My favorites are Wonder Why and Be Gronk.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Electronica or Classical
    Electronica but just electronica :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited January 2018
    Indie or Dark Wave
    [sees lack of darkwave votes] wow ok

Lacuna Coil, Austra, Bastille, and Ladytron are all tight bands and I won't hear otherwise.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    Pop or Hip Hop
    Probably pop and hip-hop as those are my two favorite music genres, with hip-hop being my most favorite.

I also really like the electronica and Latin music in the sims 3.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Indie or Dark Wave
    there is only one TS3 music station i dislike & that's kids, only isane sims i rarely intend to play get that music as their favourite :tongue:

but i think i like dark wave most of all :sunglasses:

btw
    i love those TS3 polls, so much to choose from, makes one realise once more how great this game is :lol:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    Pop or Hip Hop
    [quote="Rukola_Schaaf;c-16277387"]there is only one TS3 music station i dislike & that's kids, only isane sims i rarely intend to play get that music as their favourite :tongue:

but i think i like dark wave most of all :sunglasses:

btw
    i love those TS3 polls, so much to choose from, makes one realise once more how great this game is :lol:

[/quote]
    I dislike the kids station too. Not even my Sims 3 kids are fond of it.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Options
    Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    Beach Party or Soul
    kjkjkj123 wrote: »
    I dislike the kids station too. Not even my Sims 3 kids are fond of it.
    Hahaha Same
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    OGPoohOGPooh Posts: 276 Member
    I would like to say custom, but the truth is I don't rip my music using the supported format (all my music is WMA Lossless). Anyway, I'm really just starting to play again after taking an extended break. I can't remember exactly which genre it is, but one of them has what is clearly Garbage's Not Your Kind of People in the rotation. They're one of my top three bands, so...
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited January 2018
    Electronica or Classical
    I was seriously thinking about getting an MP3 of this and throwing it into my Custom Music folder, so my "classical-music loving" sim could listen to it.

https://youtu.be/2lDIhd001Wc
    JS Bach, English Suites (Complete) on harpischord
    Note that this is over 2hrs of real-time music...thrown onto one Sims Radio Station. I'm surprised my game hasn't crashed yet.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer That's such lovely music. I like the classical station in TS3 fine, though it does tend to get repetitive. But I think I could listen to that harpsichord for days. It brings back such great memories—my piano teacher had one, and every week I would do whatever I could think of to convince him to play it. It's funny to think how most of Bach's "piano" pieces were actually written for the harpsichord (or occasionally the organ), as pianos didn't show up until late in his life, and yet we're so used to hearing them on the piano that anything else sounds foreign.
  • Options
    Electronica or Classical
    @puzzleaddict If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a 9' Concert Grand and a harpsichord. In RL I got up to Gr. 10 RCM (Royal Conservatory of Music); just short of getting my teacher's certificate (ARCT). I've always loved the harpsichord, but I'm definitely not coordinated enough to play the pipe organ, I'd have to be an octopus to try and play the pedals and the keyboard at the same time. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer Wow, I'm impressed. I got just far enough in piano to realize that I didn't have any actual talent, or rather, for my mom to realize it and let me do other stuff instead. I never lost my appreciation for the people with real skill, though, and stayed around the periphery (chorus, music theory, etc.) throughout high school. But I don't think I knew anyone who could have played the organ properly. The few who can are probably just built differently than everyone else (maybe literally). One friend of mine was almost good enough to be a proper accompanist even then, so I found some Rachmaninoff sheet music and asked if he could play it. He thought he was doing okay and getting the hang of it... until I pointed out that he was only playing the right hand part.

If you ever do buy those instruments, I bet you'd host the best parties. Who needs a DJ and a smoke machine when you have a real musician with a couple of proper toys to play with?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Electronica or Classical
    @puzzleaddict, I haven't played for 26 years (I quit piano at age 22), so it will take a while for me to get my "aged and stiff" fingers back to the flexibility to play at that level again. :) The plus side is that with age, the motivation is there and I can practically remember all the drilling that my teacher drove into me in terms of practice technique and understand the reasoning behind the drilling and can pretty much get myself to that point through practice. Back then during the 70s and 80s, we didn't have online videos let alone the internet like we do now, so now I can always look up something on Youtube with regards to pedagogical piano technique if I am having a bit of a problem with a certain bit of technique such as how to attack a mordent which is prevalent in baroque music (which is the genre of music that I just absolutely love). As I said to @emorrill, I used to play Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier Prelude and Fugue in D Major, BWV 850.

My teacher wanted me to go at the speed that this recording went at: Stanislav Richter plays this recording.

https://youtu.be/K_85VWhfSRA

Let's just say, I got to about 85% of that speed.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer You know, if that piece weren't so pleasant to listen to, I'd wonder if it had been written by an exasperated teacher with a particularly arrogant student who needed to be taken down a peg or two.

It is amazing how the drilling sticks with you even after years of neglect. I can barely play the piano after dropping it at age 10, but I never forgot how to sight-read, and when I took music theory, all the scales and chords came right back. Even now, I can listen to a piece and figure out most of what's going on if I concentrate. Unless it's at the speed of that recording. Then I've got nothing.
  • Options
    Electronica or Classical
    @Nikkei_Simmer You know, if that piece weren't so pleasant to listen to, I'd wonder if it had been written by an exasperated teacher with a particularly arrogant student who needed to be taken down a peg or two.

As a matter of fact, I think Bach did have students and it is not beyond the realm of possibility that what you're suggesting was the case. :D

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer He probably had a lot of students, as so many talented but woefully underpaid teachers do. More importantly, though, didn't he have 18 kids or something? Imagine getting stuck with that babysitting job. And if I remember correctly, one or two of them thought that they were legitimate musicians and composers in their own right, so I'm sure they gave their dad near constant headaches. Okay, son, you think you're such hot stuff? Try this on for size. And for every note you get wrong, you have to run a lap around the pipe organ.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Beach Party or Soul
    My favorites aren't on the list, Disco and Rockabilly. I can't quite remember if it's Beach Party or Island Life that would be my 3rd choice but I'll go with Beach Party.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Indie or Dark Wave
    Indie! Plenty of songs I recognize in that genre somehow. Dark wave is pretty great too, though I haven't listened to it as much.

I also like Electronica.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Pop or Hip Hop
    Pop. Because I liked the Time Bomb song from the Generations EP Trailer to be quite awesome so I tend to play that. :)
  • Options
    Katie_LouKatie_Lou Posts: 29 Member
    Indie or Dark Wave
    I definitely listen to Indie the most, but honestly if Luke Bryan's "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)" comes on the Country station... I, for one, am not turning it off. :D
    "Language is wine upon the lips." —Virginia Woolf
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Electronica or Classical
    The classical channel in TS3 is wonderful!!
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Geek Rock or Island Life
    Island Life, interchanged with Latin and Classical. Rather like my real life music :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    No Disco or other? I play most of the stations and switch from different stations depending on my mood. That is if I have the sound on. Sometimes I keep the sound off in game and play my own music as background noise
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top