Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grant Talks about the Future of TS4

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Yes. 11.3 million sold copies sold of TS1 while TS2 only sold a little more than half of that.

I also agree about Will Wright’s intentions with TS1. But he and Jeff Baum had sold Maxis to EA. So it was EA who paid the bill and decided the budget and it seems clear to me that EA only gave TS1 a very low budget because EA didn’t believe in the idea and also refused to let the game have the name “Dollhouse” because the huge majority of gamers back then were boys.

Will is an EA partner and technically did not fully seal the deal until Sims 2 came out when EA finally put their name on the packs. He still has a partnership with EA on everything he does though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Yes. 11.3 million sold copies sold of TS1 while TS2 only sold a little more than half of that.

I also agree about Will Wright’s intentions with TS1. But he and Jeff Baum had sold Maxis to EA. So it was EA who paid the bill and decided the budget and it seems clear to me that EA only gave TS1 a very low budget because EA didn’t believe in the idea and also refused to let the game have the name “Dollhouse” because the huge majority of gamers back then were boys.

EA did not sell maxis to ea until after The Sims 2 was released - and Will included in the contract as him being and equal EA partner. He still is an EA partner and EA has a part in everything from the Stupid Fan Club Will has to the mobile games he does today. It is not as cut and dried as you make it seem and all your timelines are way off. The only part EA had in Sims one was the PUBLISHER- period.
    From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxis :

”In 1997 Maxis agreed to be acquired by Electronic Arts by means of a stock swap which valued Maxis at $125 million.[7] The transaction completed on July 28, 1997.[8] Compared to other companies acquired by EA, such as Origin Systems and Westwood Studios, the absorption of Maxis took a slower pace, and the company staff was lost only gradually”

So yes. EA controlled Maxis already from 1997. But as a part of the deal Will Wright became an employee in EA and he kept his staff. Therefore EA paid the development costs also for TS1 and decided its budget.

Maxis only existed as an independent company owned by Jeff Braun and Will Wright from 1987 to 1997. But most of its games were losses instead of profititable. SimCity (released by Maxis in 1989) was an exception though and probably the main reason why EA wanted to buy Maxis anyway and Jeff Braun and Will Wright had no other choice than to sell the company if they didn’t want a huge risk of going bankrupt.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,238 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Erpe wrote: »

The truth about The Sims 2 is a lot of copies were illegal copies, it was the era of the digital piracy for the video games, music and movies.

• Options
    edited December 2017

The truth about The Sims 2 is a lot of copies were illegal copies, it was the era of the digital piracy for the video games, music and movies.
    I think that there were more illegal copies of TS1 though.

Still the main customers for both TS1 and TS2 were very young girls who usually didn’t play other games and who usually knew very little about computers. Beside that they wanted everything as soon as it was released. So I think that the Sims games were pirated much less than other games.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Still the main customers for both TS1 and TS2 were very young girls who usually didn’t play other games and who usually knew very little about computers. Beside that they wanted everything as soon as it was released. So I think that the Sims games were pirated much less than other games.

In my case, the only people who played to The Sims 2 I knew in 2006 were all... adult women.
    My older sister made me discover this game.

The children played more to Nintendo 64/PlayStation 2/Xbox games than PC games.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    [quote="@Erpe;c-16216607"]I think that there were more illegal copies of TS1 though.[/quote]

The Sims 1 was the first game, the illegal copies began once it become popular.
    The Sims 2 was the second game, TS1 was already popular, the illegal copies was downloaded from the beginning.

Note:
    The "Peer2peer" was also more popular than in 2000 and widely use for downloading other things than music.
    In France, 56K modem were widespread and ADSL technology began to be available in 2002.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options

In my case, the only people who played to The Sims 2 I knew in 2006 were all... adult women.
    My older sister made me discover this game.

The children played more to Nintendo 64/PlayStation 2/Xbox games than PC games.
    I believe you. But your experiences are different from mine and likely because you had more adult women among your friends than very young girls.

But I was a gamer who usually visited the game stores about twice a week. If I was near a game store or a book store I usually entered the store just to see if they had got new games (or sometimes new books that could interest me). So I saw who was looking with interest on the different games and for the Sims games it was always females while it would be unusual to see females look at any other game. Very often there were 2 or 3 females who looked with huge interest at the Sims boxes and discussed them. Sometimes it were 2 young girls and if they were 3 females it often was one adult (most likely the mum) and 2 young girls. The young girls usually looked like teens or preteens.

Later I entered the Danish Sims 2 forum where 10 to 14 yrs olds were like 80% of the simmers in the discussions and I also think that about 80% of the 10 to 14 yrs olds were girls. They were most active in the offtopic forum though where they played forum games and discussed there friends, their school and similar things. That forum was so active that I didn’t understand why any adult would like to moderate it because you often only had to be away very few hours and you would likely be about 700 messages behind just in the offtopic area. The “Sims Mayor” had appointed 5 voluntary moderators for the forum though. But especially in the first week after each release of a new EP all the other parts of the forum exploded too (and often with fighting). So I can understand why EA wanted to later close the Danish Sims 3 forum for all those 10 to 14 yrs olds. (EA succeeded in this - but now the Danish Sims forum is dead and only has about 5 messages a day and not all about Sims 4.)
  • Options
    > @LeGardePourpre said:
    > @Erpe wrote: »
    >
    > LeGardePourpre wrote: »
    >
    >
    > @Writin_Reg wrote: »
    >
    > The Truth:
    >
    > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_(video_game)
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes. 11.3 million sold copies sold of TS1 while TS2 only sold a little more than half of that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The truth about The Sims 2 is a lot of copies were illegal copies, it was the era of the digital piracy for the video games, music and movies.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think that there were more illegal copies of TS1 though.
    >
    > Still the main customers for both TS1 and TS2 were very young girls who usually didn’t play other games and who usually knew very little about computers. Beside that they wanted everything as soon as it was released. So I think that the Sims games were pirated much less than other games.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In my case, the only people who played to The Sims 2 I knew in 2006 were all... adult women.
    > My older sister made me discover this game.
    >
    > The children played more to Nintendo 64/PlayStation 2/Xbox games than PC games.

Exactly same experience for me. We had gameboys, Ninetendo's, a Commodore 64, a Sega system, another one called a Vox, even a Sears entertainment system, and a Playstation my kids used and it was like that at everyone of their friends houses. Kids played together on those things while their parents had the big bulky pcs.

My kids did not have their own pcs until they went to college. And in my household my husband was even in the PC business - we had been building computers since the early 80's - and my kids weren't allowed one. They were not toys for kids - plain and simple.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Yara_WinchesterYara_Winchester Posts: 16 Member
    you know what would be cool? if they created a brand new expansion pack that hasn't been introduced before. I know Seasons is a great expansion pack but what's the point of having the same EP carried out over and over in every version of the game. I mean they can make an EP out of a T.V Show say, Supernatural or TVD (nope no the walking dead for me)
    I know most of you will say that there was already a Supernatural EP for the Sims 3 and there's the vampires Game pack now, but what i mean is they can make realistic werewolves, leprechauns,witches,demons and Angels all while introducing new careers like:hunting or idk Men Of letter thingy.(like the actual show)

P.S WITHOUT THE ZOMBIES

In case some of you don't support the whole supernatural thingy there are plenty of others ideas like making kingdoms a thing, you know adding a new world where there's a king, enemies, allies, guards, Dragons(as pets of course), unicorns, prince,princesses
    (sorry if that sounds Childish)

Was anything of what i just said even possible? :D oh well
  • Options
    > @LeGardePourpre said:
    >
    > LeGardePourpre wrote: »
    >
    >
    > @Writin_Reg wrote: »
    >
    > The Truth:
    >
    > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_(video_game)
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes. 11.3 million sold copies sold of TS1 while TS2 only sold a little more than half of that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The truth about The Sims 2 is a lot of copies were illegal copies, it was the era of the digital piracy for the video games, music and movies.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think that there were more illegal copies of TS1 though.
    >
    > Still the main customers for both TS1 and TS2 were very young girls who usually didn’t play other games and who usually knew very little about computers. Beside that they wanted everything as soon as it was released. So I think that the Sims games were pirated much less than other games.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In my case, the only people who played to The Sims 2 I knew in 2006 were all... adult women.
    > My older sister made me discover this game.
    >
    > The children played more to Nintendo 64/PlayStation 2/Xbox games than PC games.

Exactly same experience for me. We had gameboys, Ninetendo's, a Commodore 64, a Sega system, another one called a Vox, even a Sears entertainment system, and a Playstation my kids used and it was like that at everyone of their friends houses. Kids played together on those things while their parents had the big bulky pcs.

My kids did not have their own pcs until they went to college. And in my household my husband was even in the PC business - we had been building computers since the early 80's - and my kids weren't allowed one. They were not toys for kids - plain and simple.
    We are all different. I let my daughter play games on my PC when she was about 5-6 years old and I gave her the help she needed. I don’t think that she ever played Sims games though. But likely because she already was an older teen when TS1 was released and therefore had other interests at the time.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I have to disagree with you that The Sims was purchased by very young girls. Will Wright and others have spoken about this, and they did want to market to young teen boys hoping to draw them into simulation games rather than the console games most young teen males at the time were playing.

But they found out it was grown women who were playing The Sims and not young teen girls and or teen boys, the majority of their customers (due to their own internal studies) showed it was women over 20+ and mainly middle aged. So, in the 2001 a middle aged woman would be around 40 considering the life span at that time. Young teen males were never the majority playing their games and neither were younger females.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    From the U.S.Census in 2000:

"U.S. Census Bureau

Access to a Home Computer and Use of the Internet at Home by Children 3 to 17 Years:
    August 2000

More school-age children use
    computers at school than have
    access to them at home.
    School is a major influence on chil-
    dren’s access to computers. Among
    children of school age (6 to 17
    years) in 2000.

More than half of school-age chil-
    dren had access to computers both
    in school and at home (57 percent).
    However, many children had access
    in only one location or the other. Of
    them, far more had access in school
    than had access at home. Forty-
    three percent of school-age children
    had access to a computer only at
    school, compared with just 10 per-
    cent who had access only in their home."

So no matter what they did in Europe - this was the stats of kids (age 6-17) using pcs in the USA when the Sims came out. It is also a fact the USA had much higher numbers that bought the Sims 1 than most other countries - so obviously the players of the Sims was older than 17 seeing those under 17 - only 10 percent of US kids those ages even had home access to a computer. It was not until Sims 2 had been out for a few years ( it was around 2006) some schools adopted use of the Sims 2 (mostly just base game) in school- under Life Studies type classes where a lot more of the 4-6 graders even learned of the game period. I can see maybe Sims 2 and even Sims 3 having a lot more teens buying the game then, but not Sims 1.

(4-6 graders are usually 9-13 in the USA with the majority ages 10-12 depend on if they started school at 5 or 6.)

Interesting that by 2011- 2017 statistics listed a big shift of 91 percent of US kids of those ages having home access and playing pc/video games. It is no wonder EA shifted marketing for their games now to younger kids - but it does not specify the number of males/females in the 17 and under stats.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I have to disagree with you that The Sims was purchased by very young girls. Will Wright and others have spoken about this, and they did want to market to young teen boys hoping to draw them into simulation games rather than the console games most young teen males at the time were playing.

But they found out it was grown women who were playing The Sims and not young teen girls and or teen boys, the majority of their customers (due to their own internal studies) showed it was women over 20+ and mainly middle aged. So, in the 2001 a middle aged woman would be around 40 considering the life span at that time. Young teen males were never the majority playing their games and neither were younger females.
    I don’t know if it was the same in the US because TS1 and TS2 were T rated by the ESRB while they were rated as 7+ in Europe by PEGI. So clearly parents in Europe didn’t mind their children playing the games like the parents in North America likely did.

Yes. Will Wright had wanted to make boys interested in simulation games from the beginning of Maxis in 1987 because that were the only games that Maxis made and girls didn’t play or buy big games in the 1980s and 1990s. Therefore it came as a huge surprise for everybody when TS1 got so unexpectedly high sales numbers and everything showed that it was because girls suddenly had discovered a game that they loved. Will Wright likely had expected the game to be for boys too even though he also considered the name “Dollhouse” for he game. But especially EA hadn’t expected the game to interest girls.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I don’t know if it was the same in the US because TS1 and TS2 were T rated by the ESRB while they were rated as 7+ in Europe by PEGI. So clearly parents in Europe didn’t mind their children playing the games like the parents in North America likely did.

Yes. Will Wright had wanted to make boys interested in simulation games from the beginning of Maxis in 1987 because that were the only games that Maxis made and girls didn’t play or buy big games in the 1980s and 1990s. Therefore it came as a huge surprise for everybody when TS1 got so unexpectedly high sales numbers and everything showed that it was because girls suddenly had discovered a game that they loved. Will Wright likely had expected the game to be for boys too even though he also considered the name “Dollhouse” for he game. But especially EA hadn’t expected the game to interest girls.

You are still under the belief it was 'girls' who caused The Sims to sell over 3.2 million copies in the USA alone let alone over the 11 million world wide, it was women not girls who played The Sims. And middle age women were their biggest demographic at the time continuing into The Sims 2.

ETA: That is why those who mod and or are still 'here' are a lot older than those who are now playing. People like me and Reg (no offense Reg, I'm happy I/we lived this long, lol) are those middle aged women who know what demographic and those interviews with Will Wright and producers who told us it was middle aged women were their biggest demographic all through the life of The Sims and we continued on with TS2. TS3 picked up younger players because of it's rpg incorporation of titles like WA etc. and the moodlet system, which is more linear and more roll type play like WA but it has always been middle aged women who helped launch The Sims into the multi billion dollar enterprise it is today. It was never teen girls and or teen boys who were footing those bills. Women over 30 were the ones playing these games.
  • Options

You are still under the belief it was 'girls' who caused The Sims to sell over 3.2 million copies in the USA alone let alone over the 11 million world wide, it was women not girls who played The Sims. And middle age women were their biggest demographic at the time continuing into The Sims 2.

ETA: That is why those who mod and or are still 'here' are a lot older than those who are now playing. People like me and Reg (no offense Reg, I'm happy I/we lived this long, lol) are those middle aged women who know what demographic and those interviews with Will Wright and producers who told us it was middle aged women were their biggest demographic all through the life of The Sims and we continued on with TS2. TS3 picked up younger players because of it's rpg incorporation of titles like WA etc. and the moodlet system, which is more linear and more roll type play like WA but it has always been middle aged women who helped launch The Sims into the multi billion dollar enterprise it is today. It was never teen girls and or teen boys who were footing those bills. Women over 30 were the ones playing these games.
    SimGuruDrake still told us that TS4 is targeted mostly at teen girls only 3 months ago and it isn’t rpg at all.

After TS2 the 10 to 14 yrs olds also disappeared from the Danish forums. 2 or 3 of them managed to enter the Sims 3 forum too though. But they told us that they only had succeeded by lying about their age. EA wouldn’t give them access unless they were at least 16 yrs old (and old enough to have their own credit card).

In 2007 there was a Danish article that told us that EA now had sold a million copies of Sims games in Denmark. The article estimated that about 300,000 Danes owned one or more Sims games at the time where TS2 still only had a few EPs. Denmarks
    population was about 5.5 million people.

I don’t know which country buys most Sims games because I haven’t been able to get reliable data. But I know that the games are sold in both China and India too and those countries are the most populous in the world. But EA has to my knowledge never said anything about the sales numbers in Asian countries. Read the article on https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ea-china-top-three-markets-105131 though.
  • Options

SimGuruDrake still told us that TS4 is targeted mostly at teen girls only 3 months ago and it isn’t rpg at all.

After TS2 the 10 to 14 yrs olds also disappeared from the Danish forums. 2 or 3 of them managed to enter the Sims 3 forum too though. But they told us that they only had succeeded by lying about their age. EA wouldn’t give them access unless they were at least 16 yrs old (and old enough to have their own credit card).

In 2007 there was a Danish article that told us that EA now had sold a million copies of Sims games in Denmark. The article estimated that about 300,000 Danes owned one or more Sims games at the time where TS2 still only had a few EPs. Denmarks

I don’t know which country buys most Sims games because I haven’t been able to get reliable data. But I know that the games are sold in both China and India too and those countries are the most populous in the world. But EA has to my knowledge never said anything about the sales numbers in Asian countries. Read the article on https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ea-china-top-three-markets-105131 though.

I don't know the age group now that spends more money on TS4. I just know for facts it was middle age women who were buying up The Sims and it's packs. And why those of us who seem or are eldery here compared to the rest of you is because we were part of that middle age demographic at the time of release of The Sims. I don't see a lot of teen Youtubers promoting TS4, but I don't look too hard for them, lol, I neve watch Let's Play videos, they hurt my head and make me want to control their games. LOL Seriously, what I see are people over 20+ promoting TS4 on Youtube, so I have no idea why they are still trying to cater to a ten year old in TS4.
  • Options

I don't know the age group now that spends more money on TS4. I just know for facts it was middle age women who were buying up The Sims and it's packs. And why those of us who seem or are eldery here compared to the rest of you is because we were part of that middle age demographic at the time of release of The Sims. I don't see a lot of teen Youtubers promoting TS4, but I don't look too hard for them, lol, I neve watch Let's Play videos, they hurt my head and make me want to control their games. LOL Seriously, what I see are people over 20+ promoting TS4 on Youtube, so I have no idea why they are still trying to cater to a ten year old in TS4.
    There has always been middle aged woman in the Danish forum too and also just a couple of middle aged men. They still are there and now they are dominating the Danish forum. But only because EA chose to make it difficult for younger girls to get into the Sims 3 forum and be old enough to have a credit card. They could get in anyway by lying about their age. But they didn’t like that at all and therefore stopped using the forum.

In the English forums we have never seen all those young girls (10 to 14 yrs old). But the difference was probably the forum rules. EA’s rules for the Danish Sims 2 forum allowed them to tell their exact age. Just not their real names or their private address. Therefore they had the freedom they needed to discuss everything they wanted to. They even made a few agreements about meeting eachother at a certain public place at an agreed time. But in the US forum they have never known if they talked to a person at their own age and they weren’t allowed to tell anything about themselves. Therefore they couldn’t use the US forum in the same way and they therefore stayed away (and they still do).
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-100-countries-by-game-revenues/

these are the newest stats of countries that buy pc /video games. This info is readily available and easy to find if you really wanted to know. The net is all about stats - believe me. We are serious gamers here in the USA compared to population.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited December 2017

No offense at all Cinebar. LOL. I'm ancient - believe me - and still gaming everyday. LOL. I have a great grandson Joshua, even - who by the way plays the Sims - he sort of prefers the Sims 3 - odd it's older than he is. LOL. But he is way into the boats and deep sea diving.

Out of the mouth of babes - he says the Sims 4 looks like a babies game - it is too bright and looks like a cartoon. He is 7.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

these are the newest stats of countries that buy pc /video games. This info is readily available and easy to find if you really wanted to know. The net is all about stats - believe me.
    The problem though is that the reports aren’t about the Sims games. I know that EA has departments in both Shanghai and Delhi and that the Asian markets for game now are at least as big as the US market and expanding too.

Btw I forgot to mention earlier that my niece began to use Facebook every day when she was only 11 yrs old and she still does now about 8 yrs later. She was a Sims player too already when she was 11. But I have never seen her in any Sims forum. She seems to have enough with all her many friends on Facebook.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    you know what would be cool? if they created a brand new expansion pack that hasn't been introduced before. I know Seasons is a great expansion pack but what's the point of having the same EP carried out over and over in every version of the game. I mean they can make an EP out of a T.V Show say, Supernatural or TVD (nope no the walking dead for me)
    I know most of you will say that there was already a Supernatural EP for the Sims 3 and there's the vampires Game pack now, but what i mean is they can make realistic werewolves, leprechauns,witches,demons and Angels all while introducing new careers like:hunting or idk Men Of letter thingy.(like the actual show)

P.S WITHOUT THE ZOMBIES

In case some of you don't support the whole supernatural thingy there are plenty of others ideas like making kingdoms a thing, you know adding a new world where there's a king, enemies, allies, guards, Dragons(as pets of course), unicorns, prince,princesses
    (sorry if that sounds Childish)

Was anything of what i just said even possible? :D oh well

I want something new like this as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited December 2017

these are the newest stats of countries that buy pc /video games. This info is readily available and easy to find if you really wanted to know. The net is all about stats - believe me.
    The problem though is that the reports aren’t about the Sims games. I know that EA has departments in both Shanghai and Delhi and that the Asian markets for game now are at least as big as the US market and expanding too.

Btw I forgot to mention earlier that my niece began to use Facebook every day when she was only 11 yrs old and she still does now about 8 yrs later. She was a Sims player too already when she was 11. But I have never seen her in any Sims forum. She seems to have enough with all her many friends on Facebook.

Kids don't generally care for the forums. I have 32 family members that play the Sims - at least 22 have played from Sims 1 and only 1 of those 32 besides me comes here. She is in her 40's. Kids generally do not come to forums unless they have a game issue or they want to read patch notes - from my experience. And in the case of my youngest family member who plays Sims he is not allowed to come on the forum, facebook, or anywhere posting is. He can only go online long enough to start his game. If he has an issue - his dad will handle it. His dad is a Simmer as well and never comes here either.

When any of the family has game issues they call or text me on the phone. LOL.

As for stats on The Sims games by country - the only place I know of was in the UK that seems to keep tally of it -

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

I hope everyone will read the comments by former vice president over FB who said that site was built to give people their daily dose of addictive dopamine and finally realise what is really happening to our youth and others who use FB. But that is a different topic and belongs in off topic section. Looking it up can shed a lot of light on the addicitive use of FB and why it is so and it was all on purpose.

We aren't talking about the demographics of the forums. We are talking about the demographics of who was buying The Sims in 2000 and who is buying it now. And why some of us feel it's been downgraded to ten year old level in more ways than one, when they should know it's still not young kids playing this game.

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

And since that moment on, you've rarely ever written a post where you don't mention this. I think everyone is aware what Drake said regarding the target audience. What does the OP have to do with the supposed target demographic in terms of future content?

Shouldn't we be speculating about what's coming up or what it would be nice to see not the age of people that the game is supposed to be made for? How'd this get so off topic?
  • Options

Kids don't generally care for the forums. I have 32 family members that play the Sims - at least 22 have played from Sims 1 and only 1 of those 32 besides me comes here. She is in her 40's. Kids generally do not come to forums unless they have a game issue or they want to read patch notes - from my experience. And in the case of my youngest family member who plays Sims he is not allowed to come on the forum, facebook, or anywhere posting is. He can only go online long enough to start his game. If he has an issue - his dad will handle it. His dad is a Simmer as well and never comes here either.

When any of the family has game issues they call or text me on the phone. LOL.

As for stats on The Sims games by country - the only place I know of was in the UK that seems to keep tally of it -
    There is a difference between the US and Europe when it comes to Facebook and Twitter. This has been mentioned in Danish media many times: the US citizens prefer Twitter while the Europeans prefer Facebook. I don’t know the reasons though. But my brother and his wife never had any problems about allowing their children to use Facebook on a daily basis even when they were preteens.

Yes preteens and young teens usually don’t use the forums unless they have technical problems. But the reason is usually the forum rules that prevents them from talking about personal things too. EA doesn’t allow them to do that on the forums anymore. But Facebook does. So I am most inclined to think that EA just doesn’t allow them to discuss personal things because EA doesn’t want to pay all the full time moderators which such a forum otherwise would need. Anyway it usually keeps the youngest simmers away from the forums.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top