Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi all, I've been thinking about purple week and thought what better way to celebrate than your favourite legacy/simlit sim getting a drawing done? I'm volunteering to draw anyone's sims who have died. I've just started an art blog, where I will be building up a collection of original drawings of my sims and others (with permission) from various simlits and legacies. To read more about this project click here to visit my blog.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Your artwork looks wonderful @simscognito ! You're super talented :blush: It'll be fun to follow your project and see the rest of your drawings!

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start! Today, I come bearing a journal chapter from our frustrating heiress ;)

6.45: Have To
    CNPKMSH.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @simscognito Love your artwork! You're a talented artist! :)

Anyway, hope everyone is well. Here to drop off an update to my story. :)

Chapter 9: iEugenie is in Trouble!
    oTFW6Ms.jpg
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yeah christmas eve is on a sunday. and i'll get to sleep in my brher won't have my nieces til christmas day.

i love my job but my sleep in days keep being taken over by adulting .
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i wrote something a while ago during the only attempt where noel and lauren died. i don't have it anymore i think it as only 2 attempts ago. but when ayden would go near them after his divorce and meeting christine oh wait that happened the other way. they actually acted like they didn't know him. which made me feel bad for him then they died without reconcling.

but thats how i got the letter idea i use now. he wrote one to them.

@friendsfan367 that's really sad. A similar thing happened with two of my sims as well, except it was a mother and daughter relationship. The mother died without mending the relationship with her daughter and her daughter never quite got over it.

i'm doing the almost exact same story during my last attempt alana noel and laurens daughter found a guy she liked then after i did a backstory for him i accidently killed her by moving ui cheats the wrong way . he started crying instantly. so i had to go back a save to get her back.

Aww you're a nice watcher. That actually happened to one of my sims and I got them back by using the wishing well.

aydens sister is picky and um kind of mean. i had to go back a save to get her back for rylan though. it will male more sense when i start writing again.

Aww but he loves her unconditionally. :)

i make a joke that rylan is the one thing that held her intrest longer than a minute. he was just supposed to be aydens best friend, then i was getting rid of him. but then i got curious what would happen if i set the shy nice guy up with the tough outgoing girl.

and he liked her and the shocking part she liked him. which only proves as much as i love the benders i'm still getting to know them. their always doing the opposite of what i think will happen.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey, how is everyone's day going?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member
    @Bugsie2016 good I have one last church play performance to help out with and then the entire evening's free and I'm going to be house&dog sitting when my parents are at *different* parties.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    It's great that you're feeling good. I'm just screenshotting the next BL chapter. I've been mainly working on it today and a build for that story I keep hinting at. It's 6pm and i'm not even done. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    It's great that you're feeling good. I'm just screenshotting the next BL chapter. I've been mainly working on it today and a build for that story I keep hinting at. It's 6pm and i'm not even done. :D

when I get back after I have supper I'm planning on dong a movie marathon of Marvel Movies produced by Disney. Since I got interested in them because of Guardians of the Galaxary Volume 1 (and now 2) and Doctor Strange. I was aware of "Thor" because of something I did in high school.

I have an idea for next year's NaNoWrimo but I don't know if it would be possibly for both Marvel superheroes (that does included females) and DC superheroes to be in a United Nations thing and could the Incredibles somehow be included?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Thanks @CitizenErased14 and @Simslover163 . I really enjoy drawing, particularly portraits.
    @friendsfan367 that just proves these sims have minds of their own. :D
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Tough day today, but yesterday purple messages really helped. I'll be lurking a bit today! Need to work on some chapters, clean the house, and put up holiday decorations, woo!

8nyMira.png

Cameron attends Brooke's funeral in chapter 22.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Hi all, I've been thinking about purple week and thought what better way to celebrate than your favourite legacy/simlit sim getting a drawing done? I'm volunteering to draw anyone's sims who have died. I've just started an art blog, where I will be building up a collection of original drawings of my sims and others (with permission) from various simlits and legacies. To read more about this project click here to visit my blog.

That's such a wonderful idea! Have you done commissions before?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @simscognito you could sketch the deceased gen 1-5 female characters (the founder and her descendant heiresses) from my Swanson Legacy.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I was starting to think I would never catch up with the reading. Still working on it. lol

I have been so super busy the past few days. Work yesterday was WONDERFUL! I subbed in a shared classroom. Both of the normal teachers were gone so I shared the room with another sub. It was who the other sub was that made it so great. The sub was the vice principal of my high school when I graduated. He is now retired and subbing since the district is in very major need of subs. We spent all of our free time just chatting about the teachers from when I was in school and how my old classmates are doing now. Our graduating class was VERY close during school and has kept in touch in the XXV years since graduation. I am still in touch with a few of my former teachers also. I really enjoyed working yesterday.

I still have 4 gifts to buy and a few stocking stuffers for my mother and the cats, then my Christmas shopping will be finished.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Hi @Karilan yes, I've drawn on request for projects and I've taught at junior level. But this is the first time I've done simlit and I've done it for my own projects. I'm excited about it. :)
    @MadameLee I'd love to draw your sims. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    Hi @Karilan yes, I've drawn on request for projects and I've taught at junior level. But this is the first time I've done simlit and I've done it for my own projects. I'm excited about it. :)
    @MadameLee I'd love to draw your sims. Thank you. :)

Awesome. I will keep you in mind for the future! I'd love if you'd like to draw one of my Sims. Actually, if you'd like the challenge, this is my favorite screen of the recently passed sisters Beth & Brooke:
    QfMneeW.png
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @Karilan. I'd be delighted to take up the challenge. :)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,229 Member
    ..... sims have minds of their own. :D

Ain't that the truth!
  • Options
    That awkward moment when you're stuck on a chapter for days, and when you finally have an idea you write WAY too much.

Ack, now I need to figure out where to split the idea into 2 chapters!

How's everyone doing today?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »
    That awkward moment when you're stuck on a chapter for days, and when you finally have an idea you write WAY too much.

I'm okay. Screenshotting the rest of BL's next chapter. :)
  • Options

Me too! I'm at that happy moment where I'm caught up to my screenshots for Grace which means I get to play some more! :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

Me too! I'm at that happy moment where I'm caught up to my screenshots for Grace which means I get to play some more! :)

Have fun! I'm hoping to have the next BL chapter out soon. :) If my game hurries up and stops freezing that is. :D
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Another question:
    What do you consider to be your weak spot when it comes to writing? (e.g speech, events, types of people)

Mine is characters dating and the whole falling in love/love thing. I'm a person who's done neither (i'd say it's a long story but really it's not) so I hate writing it as i'm sure it reads terribly from anyone else's point of view because it does from mine. But you have to work with what you have and my gen 3 heir is going to push me on this one. Why i do this to myself?

Besides finishing a project I've started? :blush:

I suppose I'd have to agree with @AdamsEve1231 and say that descriptions are the hardest thing for me to write. Especially writing descriptions of places. I see such a hazy picture in my head that I can't make out what I want to be important. I really appreciate well-done descriptions, though.
  • Options
    Ok, Chapter 3.10 is finally here!
    3NYXqwol.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I'm almost ready to start writing Puppy Love, which is my dogacy! (thanks to @friendsfan367 for the dubbing it a dogacy!).

I've had to play ahead a bunch
    Since the narrator will be the ghost of the initial person who gets the founder pup.... but her life-bar is sparkling now, so I shouldn't have to play too long (though she does have the Long-lived reward trait, so it may be weeks, Simtime, before she's a ghost!).

I'm super excited because it seems like the challenge is working and interesting, and very excited to begin writing! :)

(Since my Sim legacy is called Goofy Love, I figured Puppy Love would be a good name for the dogacy!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top