Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    @MadameLee If it's for a princess, why not something like a Pekingese or a Pomeranian or a miniature poodle? Look through the dogs that belong in the toy group of a dog show and choose one of them (chihuahua?)

the last one doesn't have fur.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Another question:
    What do you consider to be your weak spot when it comes to writing? (e.g speech, events, types of people)

Mine is characters dating and the whole falling in love/love thing. I'm a person who's done neither (i'd say it's a long story but really it's not) so I hate writing it as i'm sure it reads terribly from anyone else's point of view because it does from mine. But you have to work with what you have and my gen 3 heir is going to push me on this one. Why i do this to myself?
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Another question:
    What do you consider to be your weak spot when it comes to writing? (e.g speech, events, types of people)

Mine is characters dating and the whole falling in love/love thing. I'm a person who's done neither (i'd say it's a long story but really it's not) so I hate writing it as i'm sure it reads terribly from anyone else's point of view because it does from mine. But you have to work with what you have and my gen 3 heir is going to push me on this one. Why i do this to myself?

Writing from a male perspective, for sure!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Another question:

I have to say, I loved the little bit of (un)romance I read in your legacy with disastrous dating! I think I like the awkward romantic/aromantic encounters best of all, and you presented yours in a really engaging, entertaining, and unique way!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Another question:

I have to say, I loved the little bit of (un)romance I read in your legacy with disastrous dating! I think I like the awkward romantic/aromantic encounters best of all, and you presented yours in a really engaging, entertaining, and unique way!

I have to agree. I think the most romantic moments in literature are when couples are just talking.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Another question:

sometimes diastorus dating is fun writing. the first time recently divorced ayden attempted to ask christine out instead of will you go out with me? it came out lets get naked.

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    @CathyTea due to a RL news item.. I realized that in Gen 3 I had something in my story I didn't realize I had until now. A surety since Kerry and her son were sureties at first for America when she been a "World-renown thief"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Another question:

Thanks and that's just Claudo being awkward because he hadn't dated anyone for a while and didn't want to but his brother had him on a technicality. :D Next one is with him being more willing but that's not for a little bit. :)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Another question:

Descriptive writing. Personally I could write dialogue all day as I feel this is my strong suit, but description? I could write half the post in dialogue before I realize I should probably include some narration. :# I have to remember to set up and explain the scene (i.e. five senses description and stuff like that). I know we have screenshots to help with that, but I don't want to be too lazy in case I write text - only chapters.

I guess I'm the odd one out. I like writing romantic scenes. I was almost forced to when writing FRWL since Gage had so many partners, but it helped me be more comfortable with writing romance, dating, and woohoo scenes.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Another question:

Descriptive writing. Personally I could write dialogue all day as I feel this is my strong suit, but description? I could write half the post in dialogue before I realize I should probably include some narration. :# I have to remember to set up and explain the scene (i.e. five senses description and stuff like that). I know we have screenshots to help with that, but I don't want to be too lazy in case I write text - only chapters.

I guess I'm the odd one out. I like writing romantic scenes. I was almost forced to when writing FRWL since Gage had so many partners, but it helped me be more comfortable with writing romance, dating, and woohoo scenes.

pick something else your one of the most descriptive people i know.
  • Options
    Another question:

I hate writing romantic scenes. Anyone want to write it for me? No. Guess i'll have to do it anyway because it fits in with the storyline for gen 3. I'm an aromantic person so no idea how this is going to work out. :D I'll manage somehow.

I also banned woohoo scenes from all my stories which is why I skip ahead and they find out they're pregnant.
  • Options
    Another question:

for me its both speech and being descriptive.
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Another question:

Dialogue.

Whenever I write dialogue I feel like my characters all sound the same. It drives me mad but I cannot fix it for the life of me. I also struggle to walk the line between making the conversation feel natural but not too lengthy.

Also, pacing. I like to develop my characters to try and explain why they behave certain ways, but I also know that can be boring and mundane. However, when I skip over some of the mundane parts I find myself regretting not having explored them more, or that readers don't understand character's motivations/thought processes in certain scenes.

The struggle is real, ya'll.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Ok changing it up a little:
    What do you consider your strength/s?
    I don't think I have any now that I think about it.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Another question:

Ha! :D

... Maybe I'm my own worst critic?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Coming up with a story title is hard :(
  • Options
    Another question:

I hate writing romantic scenes. Anyone want to write it for me? No. Guess i'll have to do it anyway because it fits in with the storyline for gen 3. I'm an aromantic person so no idea how this is going to work out. :D I'll manage somehow.

I also banned woohoo scenes from all my stories which is why I skip ahead and they find out they're pregnant.

We're in the same boat. I hate writing romantic scenes too and yup no woohoo scenes for me either! :D
  • Options
    Another question:

We're in the same boat. I hate writing romantic scenes too and yup no woohoo scenes for me either! :D

My limit is reading them :D Also, hyped for WAWRMO Saturday. :) You can find out if that crazy doggo theory is correct or not. :D

Wait....I could publish it now actually. It's....00:31 on my computer clock!
  • Options
    Another question:

well your more descriptive than me .lol.
  • Options
    Another question:

My limit is reading them :D Also, hyped for WAWRMO Saturday. :) You can find out if that crazy doggo theory is correct or not. :D

Wait....I could publish it now actually. It's....00:31 on my computer clock!

Same, although I tend to skip over the woohoo scenes. XD Sooo excited! Can't wait, I bet I'm right. :smiley:
  • Options
    Giacoma has a discussion with Tony in....
    Chapter Fourteen
    K10B0jWl.png
  • Options
    Another question:

well your more descriptive than me .lol.

I kinda like less description, because too much of it can slow a story down. I like writing that gets straight to the point.
  • Options
    Another question:

but without romance you would always be in generation1 .
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Another question:

I keep my Grace series really PG. I think Cam & Karlee's wedding night was the most intimate the story has ever been.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Another question:

but without romance you would always be in generation1 .

Well, I managed to get to gen 3 didn't I and it was with minimum romance. :D (Ok, I know gen 1 is like 10 chapters long but still counts)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top