Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member

I really wish EA would fix this soon, because watching 25 ads and getting 5 sp for it is just ridiculous :fearful: The case might even be that neither of you were actually credited for the ads watched, but received 5 of those "complimentary" sp that have been going around. Either way, it's absurd.

I agree~ so annoying. And giving us just 5 SP out of "charity" just adds insult to injury.

From my other board at Answers HQ:

I look at it this way: if EA wanted to fix it, they'd have fixed it already. We know it, and they know it.

As with any company, the only people who care in the slightest (ie: those on the front lines) are powerless to do anything about it and have to deal with irritated customers until someone with the power to do so decides they want to do something about it. Mai can send our reports in all she wants but, until the person who can fix this actually decides to do so, it's all for nothing.

I wonder what would happen if someone reported this, re: the company making promises they purposely don't deliver on. Pretty sure that most industrialized countries have some sort of consumer protection laws in place for that. In the meantime, I'll probably re-enable my ad blocker for the TS3 site so that I'm not tempted~ if we all do it, and they're suddenly getting zero ad revenue, maybe someone will look at it.

Two can play at that game, EA.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited June 2017

I really wish EA would fix this soon, because watching 25 ads and getting 5 sp for it is just ridiculous :fearful: The case might even be that neither of you were actually credited for the ads watched, but received 5 of those "complimentary" sp that have been going around. Either way, it's absurd.

I agree~ so annoying. And giving us just 5 SP out of "charity" just adds insult to injury.

From my other board at Answers HQ:

I look at it this way: if EA wanted to fix it, they'd have fixed it already. We know it, and they know it.

As with any company, the only people who care in the slightest (ie: those on the front lines) are powerless to do anything about it and have to deal with irritated customers until someone with the power to do so decides they want to do something about it. Mai can send our reports in all she wants but, until the person who can fix this actually decides to do so, it's all for nothing.

I wonder what would happen if someone reported this, re: the company making promises they purposely don't deliver on. Pretty sure that most industrialized countries have some sort of consumer protection laws in place for that. In the meantime, I'll probably re-enable my ad blocker for the TS3 site so that I'm not tempted~ if we all do it, and they're suddenly getting zero ad revenue, maybe someone will look at it.

Two can play at that game, EA.

Sadly, I don't think they care enough to respond to a blockade. It's not a big deal for me, I've gotten all the store content that really matters to me. I just feel bad for everyone who is still working at it.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I wish I could figure out who the company is directing the ads to the site. Would love to contact them and see if they had any response to EA not following through on their end of the bargain. Unfortunately all I can tell is that the software is provided by Fyber, but that isn't the ad distributor. Gonna run a few ads and see what I can find out.

EDIT:

I decided to go ahead and contact Fyber and see if that got me anywhere. Here is what I sent via the fyber.com website:

I am inquiring about the use of your software on the EA site store.thesims3.com. I cannot tell if you are the actual vendor of the ads or just the software interface. I am trying to identify someone who may be interested in the fact that EA/Origin rarely follows through on their side of the agreement of how this process is intended to work and consistently we viewers do not receive the anticipated bonus points to be redeemed on the site.

I don't know if the ad vendor even cares, but thought it wouldn't hurt to reach out. We think it is unfair that EA/Origin is earning their income from the ads being watched while not rewarding their members for watching the ads.

If you are only the software vendor, but know how I could contact the ad distributor, or could forward this info to them, I would be very grateful.

Sincerely, Jude Vecoli
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @Jude525 No matter the outcome of this contact with Fyber, I thought I'd thank you. I think it's impressive the dedication some of you people show to solving this issue (more than I can say for the people at EA responsible for this) and I wish I could do more to help.

Just an idea that suddenly popped into my head:
    Maybe we could all sign some sort of petition that shows our desire of the return of the "free" sp? We could then potentially use that petition in @lauravonawesome's thread in AHQ and other communications regarding this issue (if this Fyber-thing leads anywhere and someone on their end cares). Because it's one thing to say that "we're upset", but without a defined "we" the words lack relevance. If we define "we" I'd like to think that it could possibly make a difference for the better.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,090 Member
    Current Deal

143 ) More Magic! / 1100 / 1782 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation; parts of More Magic! are included in Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
    Includes: The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 748, # 133 & # 672)

Upcoming Deals

This is a 3 hour deal
    144 ) La-Di-Da Windows by BahHaus / 38 / 100 / 62% / 3 hours
    Part of: BahHaus
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

145 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen - Graceful Gelatin Taste and Style Sculpture / 11 / 25 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

This is a 3 hour deal
    146 ) The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection / 694 / 1310 / 47% / 3 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 307)

147 ) Chesapeake Bay Bay Window / 44 / 99 / 56% / 2 hours
    Hewnsman Dining Room Set; Full Hewnsman Set

148 ) Go All In Collection / 986 / 3400 / 71% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Includes: Viva Las Vegas Living; Viva Las Vegas Bedroom; Regency Arcade
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 321 & # 604)

149 ) Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill / 220 / 552 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 546 same as # 579 but less than # 497, # 160)

150 ) Caterpillar Wall Hooks / 11 / 28 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Through the Spy Glass Bathroom; Fortune's Folly Compilation; March 2011 Compilation

151 ) Classy Chassis Dining Chair / 20 / 75 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit; I Heart the '50s

152 ) Provence / 238 / 693 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation; 3 items are included in Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 933, # 610, # 752)

153 ) Wall Flower / 13 / 19 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire

154 ) Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set / 325 / 446 / 27% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

155 ) Tiki Outdoor Party / 624 / 1277 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation; Island Escape Compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 620, # 683 but less than # 487)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Just wanted to say a quick thank you for what everyone is doing on this page, hope we get answers soon x
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Check it out: An email response from Fyber (albeit automated) that seems to indicate that their system may be the problem. Or at least in part.

Customer Support Fyber customersupport@fyber.com via mx2.sponsorpay.com
    1:40 PM (5 hours ago)

to me
    *** This is an automatically generated email ***

Dear Fyber user,

You have received this email because you had notified us about an issue with one of our offers, either a technical error, either you are missing your credits.
    Technical error: Please send us (1) your Fyber UserID and (2) a screenshot of the experienced error. Based on this information, we'll run a tech investigation.

Missing credits: Please go to the "Fyber" section in your app/game and follow the below steps, for each offer separately:

Please go to the "Fyber" section in your app/game (the offerwall, where you found the offer first)
    Click on "Support" button bottom left
    Hit the “Report problem” link of the problematic offer
    Submit the request and make sure to attach the offer completion proof when replying to our first email your received for this report.
    Important information: If you have already submitted a support issue through the above process, please reply to the generated email. Please make sure you always check your "Spam" folder afterwards.

We want to let you know we're looking into each complaint thoroughly, therefore sometimes the investigations can last more than 48 hours. This mailbox is not monitored during weekends!

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Fyber Customer Support
    --
    Fyber – www.fyber.com

I replied with a few images from the page at various stages of an ad, none of which show a way to contact Fyber, just a link to their privacy policy. And said as much. Luckily, the ad played through and I was able to show an example of the "thanks for watching" message as well. Hmmm, what if we find out that EA isn't fully to blame for this and there is someone else we could have been hounding all this time. And hounding ad by failed ad! It's starting to feel like a mystery novel.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jude525 and @LillaGrisen those are both great ideas~ thanks to Jude as well for the extra legwork in contacting Fyber. Don't know why I never thought of that myself... but it is beginning to feel like a mystery novel (although, even if it were an issue with Fyber, EA likely knows who to contact and simply isn't bothering to).

I love the petition idea as well, and we can definitely post it over on the AHQ board as well.

You guys are awesome!

I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Just realized I don't have to wait until 307 to pick up the rest of Gentleman's Lounge free~ yay!

I'm at 75%, thanks to some very generous gifts (the book and picture series were in my top 5 at some point), as well as other sets I got for free or very cheap. Didn't realize that I'd accumulated quite that much lol.

Also forgot to mention in my last post that @Jude525 's last name starts and ends with the same letters (and is possibly of the same ethnicity) as mine! Double yay, since V names aren't very common :)

• Options
    Gamefreak130Gamefreak130 Posts: 29 Member
    @Jude525 Wow, we may actually be getting somewhere here. I'll be honest, I doubt Fyber will care any more than EA does, but it's certainly possible we may be able to get someone competent on top of this. Thanks for taking the time to contact them to see where it leads.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Woot, picked up the rest of Gentlemen's Lounge and it dropped my CYS for Old Town: Starter Kit so that it will be just 7 SP at DD 633. So glad I waited to grab it, instead of spending 85 SP at 60.

I've plotted out all of my sets and noted the times on my own Word doc (since there's no spreadsheet for my time zone, I used US Eastern to figure it out):

Coffee Bean Hipster Loft (free at 182)
    BahHaus (12 sp at 204)
    Palace of Versailles (44 sp at 213)
    Atomic Age (free at 248)
    Futureshock Kitchen (80 sp at 274)
    Sweet Escape Nursery (free at 320)
    Sun, Surf, & Sand (free at 506)
    Old Town Starter Kit (7 sp at 633)
    Romanza Ceremony/Reception/Attire (free at 662)

I also have a list of individual items I'm hoping to pick up, but the ads have kinda put a stop to that for the time being.

My parents are coming to visit me next week, and I have 4 sets coming up during their stay. So I'll have to explain to them why I'm setting alarms for in the middle of the night when I don't actually have to be anywhere except physio- which is definitely not in the middle of the night (they know I'm a gamer, but will still probably think it's weird).

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,997 Member
    @lauravonaweome - If you tell me your time zone, I could easily make you a version of the spreadsheet. I am guessing Newfoundland or Atlantic - since all the other Canadian time zones have spreadsheets.
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Check it out: An email response from Fyber (albeit automated) that seems to indicate that their system may be the problem. Or at least in part. .....

Hmmm, what if we find out that EA isn't fully to blame for this and there is someone else we could have been hounding all this time. And hounding ad by failed ad! It's starting to feel like a mystery novel.

@Jude525 - Wonderful that you contacted Fyber and :s if we have been wrong to blame EA. However, even if it is not EA's fault, they should have been investigating the issue. Sadly, given the glitches left in our game, the stuck sales page and lack of interest in the sims 3 website (outdated ads), I don't think there will be a rush to fix the ad issue.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    @Me1620 you are correct~ I am in the Atlantic time zone (don't worry about making a new spreadsheet, though I do appreciate the offer).

• Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Me1620 Unfortunately, you are correct... :(
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    Just saw an ad for Singapore Airlines that was adorable. A little boy was wishing his dad would come home and it had Sims 3 music at the end! It's so exciting to hear S3 music somewhere other than S3. Or is it only me. :blush:

Didn't get my points though. :( And since then I've gotten the non playable white framed black box and the Cadillac ads that never pay. :(
  • Options
    @lauravonawesome I was once told that all surnames ending in "i" are Italian. I don't know that it's true, but I have not yet found an exception.

I got another email from Fyber saying that they didn't receive the screen caps. Well, that would be because I forgot to attach them. And THAT would be why my Simself is absent-minded! (Although I don't mind when he walks away from something, leaving it undone, I do hate the "duh-uh" sound he makes in the process.)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited June 2017
    @Jude525 On the "surnames that end with an 'I'"-thing, I can - off the top of my head - think of both Polish (male) surnames and Japanese surnames.
    A lot of Polish men have surnames that end with -ski (the women get the female form -ska) that generally mean something in the style of from or of, such as the names Kowalski (meaning "from smith" a.k.a. smith's son) or Szymański (meaning "from Szymon" (Simon) a.k.a. Simon's son).
    As for the Japanese names... well, about a fifth of the syllables that the Japanese language use ends with an "I", so there's bound to be a couple of surnames that ends with an "I" as well. Japanese surnames that ends with an "I" includes Hayashi, Kawaguchi and Suzuki (yes, like the car).

Lol, sorry for the long post on such a trivial thing, but languages is something I enjoy talking about :sweat_smile:

Edit: Ooh, I have another one! Ali! That's a surname! .........sorry, I'll stop now :disappointed:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    Don't know why I never thought of that myself... but it is beginning to feel like a mystery novel (although, even if it were an issue with Fyber, EA likely knows who to contact and simply isn't bothering to).
    Lol, I was actually thinking that myself :lol: The unfortunate difference is though that we can't know for certain if we'll ever be able to solve any part of the mystery, whereas in a mystery novel that is something you can generally rely on (even if it has a "bad ending").
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Just saw an ad for Singapore Airlines that was adorable. A little boy was wishing his dad would come home and it had Sims 3 music at the end! It's so exciting to hear S3 music somewhere other than S3. Or is it only me. :blush:

Didn't get my points though. :( And since then I've gotten the non playable white framed black box and the Cadillac ads that never pay. :(

You mean that one @ZeeGee ?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=G7dKdyEXa-U

We're not getting anything to watch it though... ;)
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Every time I hear it "out of context" I get this feeling of "wait... what?" mixed with the excitement and nostalgia of TS3. I'm pretty sure most of the music created specifically for the TS-games is royalty free, so I've actually heard the TS3-theme in a couple of different shows on th tv :joy: It's so strange but at the same time it makes me feel happy, which is possibly the weirdest feeling of them all!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    Every time I hear it "out of context" I get this feeling of "wait... what?" mixed with the excitement and nostalgia of TS3. I'm pretty sure most of the music created specifically for the TS-games is royalty free, so I've actually heard the TS3-theme in a couple of different shows on th tv :joy: It's so strange but at the same time it makes me feel happy, which is possibly the weirdest feeling of them all!

clearly shows that game is a landmark...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

I noticed that too :)

Sims 3 music is also often played on the Little Women TV shows. I roll over in laughter every time a scene with Sims 3 music occurs. I get crazed looks from my mom when I say, "Oh my god, this is Sims 3 music!" I squeal lol.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,090 Member
    Current Deal

155 ) Tiki Outdoor Party / 624 / 1277 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation; Island Escape Compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 620, # 683 but less than # 487)

Upcoming Deals

156 ) Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts / 760 / 1710 / 56% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 183 & # 528)

157 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Vanity Concealer Mirror / 47 / 99 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set

158 ) Technophobe No More / 833 / 1530 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2012 Compilation Set; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 394, # 592 but less than # 92 & # 572) # 394 (510 sp) and # 592 (561 sp) are much cheaper than # 158

159 ) India Inspiration- Scarf and Maang Tikka / 57 / 109 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyle Collection; India Inspirations Collection; April 2012 Compilation Set; Best of 2012 Compilation

160 ) Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill / 265 / 552 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 546, # 149, # 579 & # 497) However, the price difference is only 115 sp from the least to the most expensive.

161 ) Dreams of India / 465 / 1550 / 70% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 106 but less than # 792)

Lux Lounge Spa is offered at deal # 166. Buying this item may give you the green download for # 166 on the other hand you may not need to buy this item if your CYS for # 166 will give you the green download button without buying the sectional.

162 ) Lazy Sim Sofa Sectional / 70 / 187 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Luxe Lounge Spa; August 2011 Compilation

163 ) MultiTab 6000 / 260 / 287 / 9% / 2 hours
    Part of: Technophobe No More; May 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 622).

164 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Kitchen Ice Box / 32 / 51 / 37% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

165 ) Loner Comfort Single Bed / 43 / 81 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

166 ) Luxe Lounge Spa / 137 / 473 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 423, # 852, # 609, # 590 & # 61)

167 ) Ragtime in the Big Easy / 941 / 1650 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 910, # 467, # 442, # 934)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen *duh* I forgot to include that the rule I'd been told excluded (excepted?) the Polish -ski group. But the whole of Japanese names never crossed my mind! Obviously I haven't actually put much thought into this. It was just something I'd heard once and came to mind with Laura's comment.

Given my love of Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki's body of work, I was CLEARLY asleep at the wheel on this one! Several of his most popular works are being shown on the big screen nationally over the next several months and I am totally stoked. It's killing me to wait until October and November to see Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. But I will enjoy My Neighbor Totoro this weekend and Castle in the Clouds in August to hold me over.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jude525 :lol: I think it's just easier to remember the names that frequently end with an "I" rather than the ones that may end with something else. I just thought I'd give you some exceptions to your rule :wink:
    Should be noted though that I don't imagine that you would ever see a Japanese surname (such as Miyazaki's) and think: "Hm, it ends with an 'I', surely it must be Italian!" :joy:

I hope you will enjoy watching Miyazaki's works in the theatres. Must confess I'm not an avid watcher of Ghibli's movies; I keep telling myself I need to watch them, but the problem is I keep forgetting to do so as well :sweat_smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top