Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,090 Member
    Current Deal

108 ) Tiki Dining Room Set / 120 / 180 / 33% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 304, # 966, # 490)

Upcoming Deals

109 ) Mid-Century Modern Study- Plexi-Wonderful Surface Decor / 12 / 25 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bedroom Collection; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; When Worlds Collide Collection
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

110 ) Hoisted Terra Vineyard Vase / 35 / 61 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Vineyard Villa Furnishings; October 2011 Compilation

111 ) Bayside Bathroom Set / 214 / 246 / 13% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Bayside Set; Best of 2010 Collection

112 ) Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings / 1103 / 1823 / 39% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but shares many items with More Magic!, January 2012 Compilation, Best of 2012 Compilation
    Includes: The Soothsayer's Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 19)

113 ) Family Treasures Wall Shelf / 7 / 26 / 73% / 2 hours
    Part of: Country Livin'; April 2013 Compilation

Note: To provide a possible explanation for the 1 sp sale, some DDers speculate that the DD prices are sometimes based on the regular prices that were in place when the store stopped producing new content in summer 2014. The regular price of this item dropped from 550 sp last August which would make this deal 46% off.

114 ) Cante Captivating / 297 / 298 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 315, # 192)

115 ) Country Breakfast Wall Shelf / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Country Livin'; April 2013 Compilation

116 ) Imperial Bedroom Zen / 165 / 545 / 70% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 238, # 971)

117 ) Business as Usual Bistro / 1083 / 1710 / 37% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 945)

118 ) Steampunk Savvy / 450 / 561 / 20% / 2 hours
    Part of: Oh My Goth! Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 732, # 194, # 472)

Note: Before you purchase deal 119, you may wish to use the simpoints to activate the Animal Abounds Cascade instead. Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear is part of Tip Top Toddler Collection which you can get free through the Animal Abounds Cascade. As posted by LadybugLeslie in her Cascade thread, buy one single item worth about 25 sp to initiate the CYS discount. She bought the Fuzzy Friend's Lamp Post (dd#293 for 7sp), then buy the Animals Abound Playground set for roughly 375 sp. Now go download the Tip Top Toddler Set (reg price 2,795 SimPoints) and Kids 2010 (reg price 4,950 SimPoints) sets for free.

119 ) Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear / 419 / 628 / 33% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Tip Top Toddler Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 819)

120 ) Pan of Plants Sculpture / 10 / 31 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Frontier Finds Kitchen and Dining; April 2011 Compilation; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @MidnightAura @KevinL5275 have you guys posted to the board over at Answers HQ?

If not, here it is: don't forget to click 'Me Too'.

Other than the 3 ads a day I use for testing purposes, I have not watched them in nearly 2 weeks. Of all the ones I've tested, only 4 paid out: EA probably gave me the extra 150 points to keep me quiet (spoiler: it's not working). But, like the rest of you guys, I'm getting tons of ads; they must enjoy mocking us.

I tried contacting Customer Disservice through live chat on 2 different days in 2 different browsers re: the store not recognizing that I own the Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure, but it never connects. I might have to settle for phoning them, though I'd really rather not. Boo.

I hope everything is fixed soon. The ads. This own-it-but-don't nonsense. Everything else that's broken, for all our sakes.

In other, better news, I did manage to pick up Dreams of India for free, thanks to MMAO and some generous gifts from @Me1620 :) My next set is the Coffee Bean Hipster Loft free at 182, which is a week away~ here's hoping ads will be fixed by then!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    luquralluqural Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello, I've been lurking this thread for probably a little over a month now? I thought I might drop in to comment on the current ad issue. Considering this has happened several times on and off in the past several months. From my previous experience sometimes 10 - 30ish points would typically trickle through while the issue was still prominent and then suddenly when things seemed to go back to normal there would be a huge jump of about 1000 or so points, (I typically just keep playing the ads and generally they come through at some point) I will add though, it's been so long this time, I've missed a bunch of things the past couple days. I generally don't mind too much if it takes a while but this is really starting to push it :/ I think whatever system processes the points must just get really behind at times but I think generally it does compensate the points eventually. I wish they had better maintenance for the store though, sometimes it seems ea have just left it completely to rot and gather dust :(
  • Options
    Hi @luqural :)

I'm not a fan of this whole mess with the ads either. It's happened 3 times in the past month, and I think it's more than the system simply falling behind~ the last time this happened, I never saw a single Simpoint despite watching hundreds of ads: EA fixed it for a week, then broke it again. I'm nearing the outer limits of my patience with them, as I have played and loved The Sims games for 16 years and am so done with them not giving us what was promised.

The thing is, this involves real money. Every time we click on ads, EA receives real money from the sponsors and doesn't deliver on their half of the deal. But, as long as they get their money, they don't care and they have no incentive to pay us what we're owed because they already have their money. If we let them keep doing this, they will. and that's why I've been incredibly vocal in expressing my displeasure.

In the meantime, I will continue not watching ads. I already know I won't receive any credit for them because I haven't thus far. And, when the sponsors start breathing down EA's neck because they aren't getting the clicks they paid for, I'll sit back and watch the fireworks.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Hi everyone,

Still no ads here. On another very annoying note, I'm currently waiting to speak to Customer Disservice because I bought Roaring Heights but I can't access it. Its not showing as a purchase even though I have the code and the receipt. My sims 4 is uninstalled so hopefully this time they will realise when I say The Sims 3 I mean the Sims 3!
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    I'm currently waiting to speak to Customer Disservice because I bought Roaring Heights but I can't access it. Its not showing as a purchase even though I have the code and the receipt. My sims 4 is uninstalled so hopefully this time they will realise when I say The Sims 3 I mean the Sims 3!
    You: I bought the world Roaring Heights for Sims 3 recently, but I can't access it in my game.
    Disservice: Mhm, mhm. Yes, I see here that you have recently uninstalled the base game the Sims 4 from your computer. Packs will not work unless the base game is installed.
    You: My problem is with a world I bought for the Sims 3, it has nothing to do with the Sims 4.
    Disservice: Please install the base game the Sims 4 before attempting to run the pack.
    You: But I have the base game of Sims 3 installed, the game which this world is for.
    Disservice: Thank you for contacting EA, is there anything else I can help you with today?

Sorry for the tasteless joke, I just couldn't resist based on the previous EA-rep conversation you posted. I don't even know if they can tell which games you have installed on your computer via Origin (I would like to think the answer is no, but who knows?). I genuinely hope though that this will remain a joke and not a horrifying prediction of sorts, and that you will actually get support from EA Support. Good luck! :wink:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @LillaGrisen :p Ha Ha!

The worrying thing is I was predicting very much the same thing! When I tried to contact them I was waiting ages for chat and then the options all greyed out. My husband heard me and he came up and fixed it. I don't know how but all I know is he fixed it quicker than EA would have!

And as for the world... I'm in love!! Stunning and no lag which I was worried about.

Edit to add EA must be able to see what content you have installed on your account, they found out I had the sims 4 from looking at my account. I hadn't told them because it wasn't relevant to the discussion
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Played one ad yesterday and received the 5 points today. So, conducting an experiment. Just watched a string of assorted ads. Most ending in "Thanks for Watching." A total of 25. Will wait and see if my points show up and when.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    @MidnightAura I'm glad it all worked out at least and that you can now enjoy your world.

Just to clarify, when I said that I'm not sure if they can tell if you have a game installed on your computer, I meant as in "I have downloaded the game to my computer, installed it and can now play it at any given time"-installed, not as in "I have it lying around on my Origin account, gathering dust; one of these days I might download it and play it"-installed. I know that they can most certainly view your account and see which games you've purchased, but I'm not sure if they can tell which are installed on your computer and ready to be played.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen Ah sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not sure on that one. I might have been able to answer that, had I had to speak to them!
  • Options
    Current Deal

123 ) Runway Riot / 378 / 1400 / 73% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 517, # 340, # 631)

Upcoming Deals

124 ) Prism Art Studio / 931 / 1900 / 51% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation

125 ) Blooming Flower Door / 50 / 84 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Teens Set; Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Kids! 2010
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 246)

126 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Artic Keen Cog and Sprocket Refridgerator / 37 / 81 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 864)

If you want this set, it is worth waiting for deal # 295 which is 325 sp compared to the three other times the set is offered for 715 sp, 728 sp and 780 sp
    127 ) Wretched Threads / 728 / 1300 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 295, # 432 but less than # 743)

128 ) Safari Living Set / 273 / 548 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (This deal is 52 sp more than # 313 but 98 sp less than # 825)

129 ) Forever Living Plant / 8 / 25 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Fantasy; May 2011 Compilation; Blast From the Past Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 49)

130 ) Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka The Cow Plant) / 324 / 706 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Killer Classics; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 334, # 734)

131 ) Le Cirque Esprit / 512 / 1797 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Celebration!
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 717 but less than # 324, # 57, # 624, # 538)

132 ) Adventurous Life! / 1160 / 2000 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Includes: Safari Living Set; Africa Inspiration Collection
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 585, # 3, # 570)

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen i cracked up at your mock chat with ea support, since it's not that far removed from what it's really like. but i'm so glad everything worked out and @MidnightAura is able to enjoy her world!

i noticed that 20 sp have been added to my account between yesterday & today~ that would be the 4 ads i tested, 3 yesterday and 1 early this morning. i tried another for testing purposes, though it still has not paid out.

• Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    You: I bought the world Roaring Heights for Sims 3 recently, but I can't access it in my game.
    Disservice: Mhm, mhm. Yes, I see here that you have recently uninstalled the base game the Sims 4 from your computer. Packs will not work unless the base game is installed.
    You: My problem is with a world I bought for the Sims 3, it has nothing to do with the Sims 4.
    Disservice: Please install the base game the Sims 4 before attempting to run the pack.
    You: But I have the base game of Sims 3 installed, the game which this world is for.
    Disservice: Thank you for contacting EA, is there anything else I can help you with today?

Sorry for the tasteless joke, I just couldn't resist based on the previous EA-rep conversation you posted. I don't even know if they can tell which games you have installed on your computer via Origin (I would like to think the answer is no, but who knows?). I genuinely hope though that this will remain a joke and not a horrifying prediction of sorts, and that you will actually get support from EA Support. Good luck! :wink:

LOL this reminds me of convos I had with 'em. It'd be like:
    Me: Hi, my name's Kay and I've been having issues with The Sims 3. The game is __*inserts specific issues here*__. I've been having this issue for several days and this is my 4th time seeking help. I've tried doing __*inserts EA support worker suggestion here*__ and __*inserts another suggestion from EA workers here*__, but nothing seems to work no matter what.
    Them: Hi, I'm _______. May you start off telling me your name first? I will be happy to assist you.
    Me: *eyes the screen to double check if I gave them my name and sees I clearly did that and wonders if I'm talking to a machine* My name is Kay.
    Them: Hello Kay. I am so sorry you're having problems. What is your issue and what game are you having this issue with?
    Me: *eyes the screen to check if I'm losing my sanity, since I'm most certain I just listed my issue in my very first response* ...... *repeats what I just said*

These types of convos have happened me every time I reach out to support. One time, a worker ended the chat with me after I told them I tried everything suggested. I was livid.

Sometimes speaking with the EA workers makes me feel like I'm losing my mind and it doesn't help that I struggle with mental health in real life that leads me in a constant state of questioning my rationality.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    These types of convos have happened me every time I reach out to support. One time, a worker ended the chat with me after I told them I tried everything suggested. I was livid.

Sometimes speaking with the EA workers makes me feel like I'm losing my mind and it doesn't help that I struggle with mental health in real life that leads me in a constant state of questioning my rationality.

ugh, same~ the last time i spoke to customer disservice, i felt completely irrational by the end... and i wondered whether i was really being that irrational, or if they gaslight on purpose, to make us feel 'crazy'.

from my last chat with disservice earlier this year (i had the transcript sent to my email):

Ea rep: May I have the game code of Ambitions
    Me: yes, it is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

(worth noting: i have disc copies issued before 2012 for all but itf and pets, and had previously explained as much. but the rep tried to blame me for the issue because "you didn't update origin", despite me not needing origin BECAUSE I HAD ALL DISC COPIES INSTALLED before moving my games to my new PC.)

a short while later...

EA Rep: Do you have the Disc and printed page having code for Ambition.
    Me: i gave you the code, straight out of the sleeve it came in.

2 hours later...

EA rep: We tried the verify that account and due to lack of information you were unable to verify account.
    Me: i sent pictures. you want my birth certificate next?
    EA rep: Have you purchased the digital code or disc version for Ambition.
    me: disc version only. the code is the one i gave you.

he ended up giving me a new copy of ambitions after i asked for a manager (which i hate doing, but was beyond frustrated and not about to be bullied into repurchasing an ep i had already owned for 7 years). i was going to tell him to take his 'goodwill gesture' and shove it, but i figured i may as well get something for my 2 hours.

i swear they do this on purpose, because i was definitely questioning my sanity after that conversation.

• Options
    @lauravonawesome Okay, but same! It's to the point where I don't feel the need to spill everything the first time because they'll just make me repeat myself!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    You know I felt slightly better after reading that, I thought I was the only one EA liked to mess with.

I've had a random 5 SP credited to my account. Hoaray! :#
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @lauravonawesome Okay, but same! It's to the point where I don't feel the need to spill everything the first time because they'll just make me repeat myself!

yeah, i've taken to just letting them go through their script, since they seem to follow it to the letter and get confused if you give them the information before the script calls for it.

if i were to guess, i'd say most don't speak english fluently; when i was in the bilingual queue at one call centre, i always stuck to the script because i was more comfortable reading than trying to converse in my second language (and potentially opening up a conversation i didn't have the words to finish). my experience with disservice tells me that this is likely the case and that much of the confusion is due to the language barrier.

@MidnightAura yay for your 5 random sp!

• Options
    @lauravonawesome You know what? I didn't even consider the possible language barrier. Thanks for the insight :star:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    We're about to reach the 200th page... Wondering who's gonna be the lucky one to post first on this landmark page!

@Lexers615 - The honor goes to @rnramey
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Played one ad yesterday and received the 5 points today. So, conducting an experiment. Just watched a string of assorted ads. Most ending in "Thanks for Watching." A total of 25. Will wait and see if my points show up and when.
    Jude, I wrote a poem for you, I hope you like it:
    You got my hopes up
    So I ran an ad
    I didn't receive any points
    And now I am sad

Sorry, the thing just popped into my head and I thought I'd share it. It's based on a true story :lol:
    Post edited by LillaGrisen on
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Current Deal

132 ) Adventurous Life! / 1160 / 2000 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Includes: Safari Living Set; Africa Inspiration Collection
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World Inspiration Compilation is.
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 585, # 3, # 570)

Upcoming Deals

133 ) More Magic! / 968 / 1782 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation; parts of More Magic! are included in Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
    Includes: The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 748 but less than # 672, # 143)

134 ) Romantique Double Bed / 42 / 54 / 22% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Bedroom Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation

135 ) Storybook Bathroom Set / 78 / 228 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 225, # 81, # 646)

136 ) Athena's Olive Tree / 19 / 58 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury Set; Quaint Cottage Collection

137 ) Glitter and Glam Bedroom / 264 / 401 / 34% / 2 hours
    Part of: Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 428 but less than # 254)

This is a 3 hour deal
    138 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 1140 / 1987 / 43% / 3 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 418, # 357)

139 ) I Love Me Mirror / 40 / 42 / 5% / 2 hours
    Part of: Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo, Glitter and Glam Bedroom

140 ) Happily Ever After- Pauper Hides a Prince Outfit / 21 / 45 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles, Once Upon a Time Cottage, Make a Wish Compilation

Note: This is the three-seater sofa not the two-seater loveseat of the same name
    141 ) Empyrean Luxury Loveseat / 38 / 81 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique; Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating

142 ) Al Fresco Street Market / 950 / 1710 / 44% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 887, # 294, # 659)

143 ) More Magic! / 1100 / 1782 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation; parts of More Magic! are included in Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
    Includes: The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 748, # 133 & # 672)

• Options
    @LillaGrisen I love your poem!

still no ads here either, boo.

• Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    You got my hopes up
    So I ran an ad
    And now I am sad

Sorry, the thing just popped into my head and I thought I'd share it. It's based on a true story :lol:

Cute! So, I played 25 "thanks for watching" ads the other day. Didn't get online yesterday or earlier today. Just checked and I got... drumroll..... 5 SP. *hangs head and sighs*
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Only 5 simpoints added today for all my clicking too.
  • Options
    You got my hopes up
    So I ran an ad
    And now I am sad

Cute! So, I played 25 "thanks for watching" ads the other day. Didn't get online yesterday or earlier today. Just checked and I got... drumroll..... 5 SP. *hangs head and sighs*
    scillakees wrote: »
    Only 5 simpoints added today for all my clicking too.
    Pfft! Why on Earth would you expect to get more than 5 sp for your time and the viewing of multiple ads? The very notion is preposterous!

I really wish EA would fix this soon, because watching 25 ads and getting 5 sp for it is just ridiculous :fearful: The case might even be that neither of you were actually credited for the ads watched, but received 5 of those "complimentary" sp that have been going around. Either way, it's absurd.
    Don't worry about it ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top