Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    The night before, Seth was out after curfew and picked up by the cops. He sneaked out while Devin was over...so Devin gave him a good scolding.
    rX0SvOr.jpg

s1gfJKY.jpg
    Which lead to some retaliation.

xs2kO0x.jpg
    Which lead to some smacking!

aa0vyy7.jpg
    And fighting! :astonished:

Needless to say, those two have a terrible relationship at this point.

Really all this did was have Seth act out even more as he placed a flaming bag of poo on his neighbor's doorstep!
    GX38nJb.jpg

kqNIPGv.jpg
    Aww he's kind of cute in this pic even if he's being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :3

EchxoiR.jpg

Meanwhile, Amir was being a good dad and helping Mia out with their girls.
    awMEeAU.jpg

WGKIJQD.jpg
    I'm sure this area doesn't smell at all.

iYrusV7.jpg
    Of course, Mia did her share of parenting. Even if she sometimes wasn't a good one. :tongue:

rgMMKBp.jpg
    I still get them confused. :lol:

On Spooky Day, the kids failed to ever be able to Trick or Treat and then it started raining! So Alexis stayed in and played with her teddy bear a bit.
    wxVuLFp.jpg

And Seth got his share of Spooky Day early that morning as he hung out in the graveyard.
    NH2XRTI.jpg

The next day, Alexis went to her friend Robbie's house after school to do homework and hang out. I really like Robbie...he seems like a sweet kid. :smile:
    uLFlQhp.jpg

KPQc0T0.jpg
    huggies!

kW6f6B8.jpg
    Alexis ended her evening with her friends with a scary story!

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @bekkasan Thank you :) Yeah, if you could sell engagement rings, Jensen would be rolling in money ;)

@jillbg All my kids finish their last homework. I guess I am a creature of habit :p Thanks for the nice comments :)

@CravenLestat Sun looks cute in that shy pose :) Great shirt pattern :)

@ZinniaVanilla Sorry about your laptop :(

@Charlottesmom Sorry Matthew is sick :( How are you feeling?
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I have read about the glitch where sims don't get dressed. I have never had it happen but have some pics over the years on the forum - of course it's more the reaction of the player to it than the actual nudity that makes me laugh. Some people can be sooooo uptight LOL
    How dare Dustin crush your plans! Sims should not be allowed to think for themselves ;) LOL
    If you ever decide to use mods, you will find lots of help here in this thread and I will also hold your hold as much as you need in PM :)

@TadOlson Thank you :) I imagine a flat SV would also have fewer routing issues. I like the "aerial" shots that look like farming land - almost like when I am in a plane and flying over some rural parts of the world :)

@Cadh20000 Hi! I only have a mid-range laptop for my simming. It was my fault as I wasn't really thinking sims when I bought it. It was an impulse buy and all I was thinking that I wanted an easier way to visit Facebook than my ipad.

@Emily4331 Thank you :) I wish that my sims had more time to actually visit extended family but, with such short lives, finding that time is difficult. Instead I try to make their last day as happy as possible. Mind you, it's not from guilt at not having interacted with them during their lives as I believe that the sims I send out from the main household probably get more done on their own than I would have the time to do for them if I had an overcrowded house.
    Oh my! :o Devin and Seth fighting! :o
    Awww Amir is a good daddy :)
    Great pics of the kids being kids :)

• Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited February 2017
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Cadh20000 My headphones are constantly tangled and I never fix them. :lol:
    My sister has chronic migraines as well. Doctor is having her get botox to see if it helps. :grimace:

I'm getting those too.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Cadh20000 Hi! I only have a mid-range laptop for my simming. It was my fault as I wasn't really thinking sims when I bought it. It was an impulse buy and all I was thinking that I wanted an easier way to visit Facebook than my ipad.

Lol, I didn't buy mine at all. During one of my hospital stays a nurse caught her foot on the powercord of the old one and pulled it off the dresser, this one is the replacement the hospital gave us.

Anyway, I'll likely be trying to start the game up again later tonight. Fingers crossed that it works!
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    After haunting the waterslide, Hob spent the rest of the night and early morning on the piano :)
    32106657053_a6a31223a2_b.jpg
    After the morning chores were done, I let Elis and Elizabeth have a little time to themselves before sending them out into the town.
    32541110830_88ff2ba3e2_b.jpg
    There is a shortage of houses because my population is out of control. I do have a few more empty lots that I could place houses on, but I don't want to stress my game more than necessary. I found an elder living on her own as her husband had died the day before. She had already exceeded the lifespan so I knew it wouldn't be long before she went too. I sent Elis and Elizabeth to keep her company in her final days :)
    32797604971_1090affa63_b.jpg
    Not long after setting them up in their new home, Jensen went into labor :p
    32106647183_2c9c59e55d_b.jpg
    Welcome Law (Genius, Virtuoso) :D
    32106644653_f4412e7dbd_b.jpg
    Instant birthday!
    32106640143_b65769b2ef_b.jpg
    I was worried he might be a clone of Troy when I checked on him in CAS but after close examination of Jensen and Troy's noses, I have decided that Law has Jensen's nose :)
    32106636393_5ffa94c9cd_b.jpg
    This unfortunate looking boy, Rufus Holloway-Adams, came home from school with Elis. Somewhere in his family tree are the Hemlocks. I personally find the Hemlocks to be very cute but, from seeing their descendants in town, have decided that their genetics do not blend well with my usual kind of sim.
    32078322444_37d2a3cf19_b.jpg
    Troy gets started on toddler training :)
    32106631063_8c0226ac07_b.jpg
    32078318824_922614dd47_b.jpg
    I said I would get a better pic of Hankin's face but this is the best I could do given it was a busy sim day.
    32767923082_65b32d92f3_b.jpg
    32921414785_448423ae27_b.jpg
    I got a Prom notice so had Ebba invite Sam over. He accepted her invitation to Prom of course :p
    32881029326_c81f784e04_b.jpg
    Meggy was quick to visit! :D Sometimes I have to wait for a few days before ghosts visit after dying.
    32921412525_74b8d8a83b_b.jpg

I got a notice the night before that Eda and her husband Zac were due to die but, with the baby coming, I knew it wouldn't be possible to have them over or even visit them :( I will have Eda's headstone collected from the mausoleum the next time I play.
  • Options
    Littledreamer1994Littledreamer1994 Posts: 232 Member
    a whole lot of aging up, skill building, a lot has happened in my generation I am currently playing. Children have been born for the new line of upcoming generations so always looking forward to giving you guys updates on my game.

Opheila's club Nightingales has been successful, she also grew into a young adult and has moved out to a place on her own. Went to the spice market today to grab a quick but spicy snack at The Spice Market as she wanted to get out into the city.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @TadOlson What other names are you using for Sims worlds?

@CravenLestat I might have an temperory trait change for some Sims in my next video as Cher certain Sims certain trait are better dancers

@Emily4331 Good pictures :smile: Shame about the fight :open_mouth:

@Mikezumi Nice new pictures and nice to see another baby born :smile: At least some of your ghosts are starting to visit now as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Mikezumi
    I was right again! Yay! :blush: I'm silly, I know. :tongue:
    Law is a cutie and definitely has a button nose! :)
    Ebba and Sam are just the cutest couple. <3
    Which Sim world does Jensen's posterity live in again?

@Emily4331 Yeeahh...with 2 dirty potty's like that, there's NO WAY I'd get down on the floor that close to them to teach my toddler how to talk/walk/whatever! :lol: Hilarious!
    With my heightened sense of smell, that would be torture! :persevere:
    The flaming poop bag! I LOL EVERY time I see a sim do it and the person trying to put it out! :lol:

@CravenLestat Did you lose all your patterns and have to make new ones now?? If so.... :flushed: I'm so sorry!

Still working on the next Sam update. There's a lot of dialogue and not enough pictures so...I had to go back into my game and take more. ;)

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @CravenLestat I hate romantic blabla! Gues I'm not such a lady after all :blush: *adjusts the garter, slapping hubbies hands away*

The Grey Witches are back for a short update on my blog! Part II - Chapter 38:

Taïga meets their mysterious visitors, but if she’s not very pleased, neither are they. There are tensions even within the Council, and Taïga’s promise to Baba Yaga sets the oil on fire!
    tgw02-38-11.jpg

Who’s the mysterious woman on the painting the Council brought with them? Someone Taïga knows, and will soon get to know better…
    tgw02-38-05.jpg

Meanwhile, she needs help from Sprinkler, who has something in store for the young girl. But if it’s good or bad, only time will tell…
    tgw02-38-08a.jpg

If you would like to read the whole story, with more and better pictures, please follow my blog!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg I really need to high tail it back over to your blog again!

Taiga really is beautiful. :) Who or what was your inspiration for her?
    Sometimes her face expressions remind me a bit of Amy Lee (the singer from Evanescence).
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited February 2017
    @emorrill I put a lot myself into her character, but I wasn't really inspired by anybody physically. I usually create blond, freckled sims like myself, but Taïga quickly stood out as darkhaired and with green eyes. I kept the freckles though... ;)

Edit: And I think you'll enjoy the update - there are some fun characters created by other simmers, doing a guest appearance!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    I played some more of my legacy. My foal and his mum got upset when they were separated but they kept walking off to places the other wasn't. Foals birthday is the same day as Rosie Rose's so that's cute. Then I started a new save with sims based on characters from a book i'm working on. I've got one character who is a huge 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and he has three kids by three different women. So I'm considering seeing how many kids I can get him to have around the town. I'm calling it the impregnate the town challenge. It's like the 100 baby challenge only no pregnancy or kid raising, just a lot of woohoo.
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    I have decided to start a new game (challenge). I am playing as a werewolf couple.
    Before I start talking about that I figured I would share this photo of my unicorn. Poor MeiLin has her leg in the barn wall while she's using her salt lick.

32922329965_caab385a96_c.jpg

Now on to my werewolves.

Sakura Ambrose (Taurus)

32922393455_de38231a1b_c.jpg

32922398185_3a88c060ab_c.jpg

She is Artistic, Bookworm, Neat,Perfectionist, and Lucky
    Sakura likes Grilled Salmon, Classical Music and the color pink
    Her lifetime wish is to become an Illustrious Author

Stephen Ambrose (Taurus)

32079327764_b25d09481f_c.jpg

32798592201_031e085688_c.jpg

He is Perfectionist, Lucky, Angler, Brave, Handy
    Stephen likes Grilled Salmon, Electronica, the color Spice Brown
    His lifetime wish is to be the Leader of the Pack.

My challenge for this game.

Stephen and Sakura are started out on an empty lot in Riverview. Using buydebug I bought them a tent to sleep in. (Hoping that will protect them from the zombies during the full moon.) They also have a grill, 2 sleeping bags, the least expensive table with 2 of the cheapest chairs, a bookcase (That only has Handiness, Cooking and Logic books) an Art Easle, and a guitar.

For the building I am only allowing the use of wall and floor coverings that cost nothing. To have a variety I can use create a style to change patterns.

This is my beginning selection of patterns. There are already a few different colors of the patterns available.

32798583471_55200cd822_c.jpg

The only building they have is their bathroom. I started with the outside siding as an exception to my rule but when I go back in game I am changing that.

32107510933_472b8edba8_c.jpg

This is what their lot currently looks like.

32768841692_18526d456c_c.jpg

I will upload another photo when I change the outside wall covering.

These only ways Stephen and Sakura can earn money.
    1) By selling things they find while hunting/ while dumpster diving. (Can only search each dumpster once per day)
    2) By selling things they harvest on public lots. Such as Honey and flowers, NO produce
    3) Selling any gems, metals, bugs or small animals they find
    4) Painting and later once they can afford a laptop by writing.
    5) Fishing
    6) Tips from playing instruments.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @jillbg Great pictures :smile: I will follow your blog

@mycami21 Nice to see another unicorn and interesting looking Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Ahhh memories. <3

Remember when I told you all about how Awesome it was to watch Sims 2 videos on YouTube back in the day? Well, I was listening to music finishing up Sam's update, this song came up on the playlist and I remember that someone did a Sims 2 music vid of it that I thought was one of the BEST ever!

It's extremely well done and very...touching. Check it out. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR96CQOW1DU
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Zinniavanilla Sorry to hear about your laptop and moving to where there is snow. I like my warm climate.

@TadOlson How long will it take you to put in buildings and start adding families.

@Emily4331 Enjoyed the update. Sad about Devin and Seth getting into it. My sims usually don't make it more than one house to trick or treat for some reason. Alexis and her friends look like they had fun.

@Mikezumi So nice to have Elizabeth and Elis keep the old lady company! I think Law is adorable.

@jillbg Great pics and story promo. Will check the blog out later.

@TheDarkRose Interesting challenge for your sim to impregnate the town.

@mycami21 The Ambrose's look like a fun couple to play. I do love rags to riches type stories.

@emorrill Awesome video!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    edited February 2017
    @jillbg Great update. You've already read my comments on the other thread, but I'll just add that I also liked the different cultures represented by the elders--their names and accents. That was fun!

@Zinniavanilla Bad news about your laptop!
    @TadOlson Cute Valentine pic. I was afraid trying to completely empty a world of service sims would be a big deal. Oh well.
    @emorrill Enjoyed the Sims 2 video!

@cwaddell I've heard about those responses to 50 Shades from people who are actually in dom/sub relationships. Usually all you see are books and films fantasizing or making fun of their roles, but very little on their reality. Interesting about the show you watched too. Empowerment is a big deal to me, not only because of my personal experiences, but because of what I've seen in my field of work.

@Charlottesmom Oh yes, sims are different! To me, the game is a stage and the sims all actors. When seen like that, I can have them doing all sorts of things that I wouldn't dream of doing or even justify in real life--Including murder! Then again, Karma usually has its say in my games. The mean sims get smacked down a few times, and quite often they reform, or at the very least, they learn a lesson or two. Whatever it takes. Good tends to prevail. I do love my happy endings. I don't always see gratifying resolutions in real life, so I make it happen in sims. ...The age difference romance thing doesn't really bother me. Parker and Jamie were funny together! Loved the screenshots.

...RE: sims being sims. They often surprise me when they act on their free will. Rome has the Disciplined trait so will do martial arts if an exercise dummy is nearby, but he also gets his MultiTab out and reads books. He started doing that on his own, even without the Bookworm trait. Krisalyn is a Computer Whiz, Bookworm, and is Artistic. But she almost always chooses to paint as her free will activity, even when a computer is around. She's done that from day one. Ziri is suppose to be nerdy and has the Socially Awkward trait. He often chooses to listen to logic tabcasts and does other activities that give him skills (like watching the gardening channel on TV), but he also loves to interact with other sims. I was surprised when he turned on the boom box at the dig site and asked Krisalyn to dance.

...RE: Facebook. The main thing that drives me nuts about FB right now are the political posts. So many of them this past year, and they're still going strong. A lot of party and people bashing, much of it not even true, just garbage passed on. I have relatives and friends that are Pro-Trump and others that are Anti-Trump. But whatever my views, I just stay out of it because what's the point of hurting someone's feelings by saying something that won't make any difference or change a person's mind anyway? I didn't join FB to debate politics!

@CravenLestat What a great idea to give your models the Shy trait to get that animation. ...I have some headphones that came with my new computer, but I've never used them. I should try them to see if I can hear any difference in sound quality. My speakers are pretty basic. I spend most of my money on graphics rather than sound.

@Emily4331 Glad you found a mod to stop autonomous Royal Court actions. I have a few mods that stop some autonomous actions that bug me! ...I liked the interactions between Devin and Seth. Crazy! Seth retaliates and insults Devin's intelligence! Ya gotta love those teens! ...The twins are cute together. Loved that shot of Alexis in her costume with the fairy teddy bear.

@Mikezumi The sheep toy looked like it was listening to Hob play the piano. ...Good plan to add Elis and Elizabeth to the widow's home. ...Welcome to Law! Cute little guy. Loved that snarly expression on his face when he was learning to talk. ...Hankin's blue eyes and red hair are awesome! ...Sorry the family couldn't have some last moments with Eda and Zac before they died.

@mycami21 I really like the unusual colors of your unicorn. ...I think your werewolves will be very compatible, shared Zodiac signs, traits and food favorite. Fun to see both their natural CAS pics and their werewolf ones. Great couple! ...I often use those 0-cost patterns when my sims' resources are low. And the $10 windows from the Stones Throw Greenhouse venue. ...Good luck with your challenge!
    ____

Tonight my husband and I will be going out for our Valentine's dinner. We usually choose a different day to celebrate some of the holidays just to avoid the crowds. Anyway, not sure how much simming I'll be doing today.

I don't really have any more outtakes to share. I need to get the next Al Medina chapter written. But I did show these pics on the Play and Share thread because I'd been talking to TadOlson about the cows store item. I decided to add cows to Al Medina, but found they take up even more space than I thought they did.

There's a small lot called the Spice Merchant (consignment store) in Al Medina. It had a fake cardboard cow in a stall. I was going to put the store cows in there instead, but the area was way too small. You can see the cardboard cow in the background of this screenshot.
    ZiriTrainsDodger%2B%25285%2529.jpg

What I did, though, was put the cows on the Movie Studio lot directly behind the Spice Merchant.
    Cows%2B%25283%2529.jpg

There was plenty of room for it on that open lot.
    Cows%2B%25282a%2529.jpg

Rome milked the cow, but that's all I had time to try. It's been awhile since I've had my sims work with the cows. BTW, Ziri was the one who drank the milk. He was hungry!
    Cows%2B%25281%2529.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Hello everyone.

I'm back. My plans for today are take the dogs to the vet to have their teeth cleaned, then go through this thread since for posts since Monday and reply to any comments and maybe make a few comments on other posts. Then start work on the Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 9 where Haley will find another island. You will then have seen all six of the islands my household has currently discovered.

I have played forward a bit and Sam is doing well in his career advancement. As he gets to higher levels of the career he gets more sims to rescue. Shame this part of the game coincides with Winter and snow. But the snow is pretty in game and having frozen sims is certainly a bit different for beach activity. I plan to try to use Judy to help him out with CPR and reviving frozen sims. She has the immune to cold lifetime reward.

I usually have all seasons set to 28 days and sim life spans set to maximum the game will let me except for the baby stage which I have at 10 days. However, since this game is set in Isla Paradiso I decided at the beginning to make winter last only 14 days. I doubt Sam will have managed to rescue 35 Sims before the end of winter.

I will also take some time during the next few days to start building their resort.

They already own Hobarts Resort but I've not done anything with it.

To reveal the island it says create a 5 star resort - I'm taking that literally and am building them a resort from scratch on one of the islands they have already discovered.

I have built a resort before - it is in my studio - but the one I plan to build on their island will be smaller and different from the one I already made. That one was for me to learn about building with the clear roof pieces and windows that came with the skylight studio.

It's time to get puppies to the vet. I hope they come home with clean teeth and don't have to have any extracted. Poor puppies.

BTW: I have decided to put the McFluff household into Lunar Lakes. That place is supposed to be an alien moon. I suspect anything will be possible there. I'm thinking of placing their house in a crater. I will probably need to redesign their entrance to make it blend into their new world.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I decided to hang around the Langerak's today and not only redo their whole house but also mess with their lives... >:)

The House Before: Well dang it appears I never took a before shot...

Well here is the after Front:

Screenshot-555_zpsq5oq5dpm.jpg

After back:

Screenshot-556_zpsvss0gew8.jpg

Bottom floor, Kitchen/Dining, Bathroom, Jamie and Zelda's room, Living room:

Screenshot-561_zpsvgictqpw.jpg

After Top floor, Parker's room, Kaylynn's Room, Dustin and Iliana's room, 2 bathrooms:

Screenshot-559_zpsotqkx7g2.jpg

I still have tons of landscaping to do and want to rework the living room, I hate the set up.

Sims Makeovers....

Ethan Bunch...I Did Not change his face at all this time so he is not my normal cute Ethan...

Before:

0011_zpsg2ytqcmk.jpg

After: That is the best I could do he looked hideous in most every hair!

0013_zpskxrrucm6.jpg

I did Parker too but again neglected to take a before....this will have to do.

Parker Before:

F1449_zpsdaeyvbml.jpg

Parker After: He looks okay here but in game I'm just a tad in love with him!

0018_zpspnhzgpdf.jpg

The problems with a Teen/YA relationship are many...

003_zpsmki3bw5w.jpg

What are you trying to kiss Parker??

001_zpsqcya4rut.jpg

004_zpspwjxzj0e.jpg

Can pass for semi normal....

002_zpspzqgekpo.jpg

I can't see these two lasting long, my prediction was correct when I saw *this* and an idea started brewing in the brain....Jamie cheering because Zelda was skinny dipping!

008_zpspwwtoocz.jpg

*PERFECT* get them both out of circulation (Idea stolen from Mark @thuggishsplicer !!): Sorry about Ethan, Parker had him over after school.

0017_zpsf7fum0fi.jpg

Um...there are two girls rubbing on each other right behind you two, Parker should be mad...right....Ethan should be watching the show...RIGHT??

0019_zps0zppn21b.jpg

0020_zps0sd0gmvt.jpg

Oh....okay....

0021_zps6hmuhgya.jpg

Now he gets miffed...

0022_zpsahqyeuo8.jpg

0023_zpsvaxwynyb.jpg

0024_zpsu9gr1s7s.jpg

Ethan joined in defending his friend....

0025_zpspuss2k2d.jpg

Ethan and Parker retired upstairs to play video games for hours on end...Ethan was playing too neglected to get a shot..

0028_zpspkco0eoi.jpg

0050_zpsspwzkcwk.jpg

They decided a pillow fight was in order next since Parker asked if Ethan wanted to spend the night...

0042_zpsqelsiz1m.jpg

0041_zpsjmcqiht5.jpg

Hugs...

0044_zpsqwiqqiay.jpg

They decided to soak in the hot tub for awhile..."I can't talk to you when you're way over there....."

0039_zpsyumeslpq.jpg

"What do you want to talk about?"

0037_zpsbutwx9qa.jpg

"This......."

0031_zpsj3wk66ja.jpg

HAPPY......

0033_zpsbvdngi9h.jpg

0030_zpsah826whr.jpg

0029_zpsn9qgmzwc.jpg

Screenshot-548_zpsiahjl7vb.jpg

Screenshot-547_zps0likhr5o.jpg

I always thought those two would make a cute couple, i think I was right. I like them together!

Screenshot-546_zpskuqfpksk.jpg

Screenshot-553_zpsllps0oj1.jpg

Parker's Room: A new picture above the bed might be in order...

Screenshot-557_zpshxrixucv.jpg

Screenshot-558_zpshaau0rpv.jpg

Ethan made himself right at home:

Screenshot-563_zps5hzdfdow.jpg

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ok everyone...whew...had to rewrite this one a few times to get it just right. I still don't feel like it's perfect (some pics were supposed to be edited and are bigger than others), but....it'll have to do.
    I'm just ready to move on to more happenings in his story.
    Hope this event will be to your liking. Enjoy. :)

The Confession

A day at a time. That's what Sam had to keep telling himself. I've got to take it just a day at a time. That proved to be difficult when he received love letters from various bachelorettes in town almost EVERY DAY in the past week! He couldn't figure out what was in the air all of the sudden. It sure wasn't anywhere close to Spring!
    I couldn't put these in a picture collage so I am throwing them all in a Spoiler.
    SB_love_letters_11.jpg
    SB_love_letters_9.jpg
    SB_love_letters_7.jpg
    SB_love_letters_6.jpg
    SB_love_letters_5.jpg
    ^^In your dreams witch!
    SB_love_letters_3.jpg
    SB_love_letters_2.jpg
    SB_love_letters_1.jpg

While reading the letters his heart would break again and again. A couple of these ladies were ones that he'd found himself attracted to, would love to get to know better, but...his deep rooted morals told him that showing any interest would be wrong. He was a married man. Yes, he hadn't seen his wife for the better part of seven years. Yes, he was stuck in a world where he would never see her again. And Yes, she had moved on, accepted their fates and said goodbye. He knew he needed to do the same, but...why did moving on feel so wrong? He just didn't know what to do.

Seriously God if Donna's moved on then why can't I? She wants me to be happy... So breaking our vows is totally OK in this situation right? Please...just tell me! Assure me...

On this particular afternoon, Sam was startled by a pounding knock at his front door. He leapt up from the couch and darted for it. When he opened the door, he found a very distraught Emma.

"Where were you!?" she practically shouted at him and barged in not caring to be invited.

SB_Emma_upset_2.jpg

"Umm," Sam mumbled as he closed the door and followed Emma into the living room. "I--"
    "I tried texting you, calling your phone, but you never answered!" Emma interrupted in a tone of concern this time, but the rage was still present in the background.
    Sam froze, regrettably remembering that he left his phone on the charger in his room since he woke up and it just suddenly became clear that he had forgotten about something much more than that.
    "I'm sorry Emma," he began, carefully approaching her, "I left my phone on the charger this morning and...I didn't hear it ring."

SB_Emma_angry_at_Sam_1.jpg

Emma glowered at him. "Regardless of that, how could you forget?"
    Sam shrugged his shoulders. "Emma," he began, "I've had a rough couple of days and I honestly don't remember what you're talking--"
    "Our PERFORMANCE!" she shouted, throwing her hands in the air. "At the Care Center? You have no idea how long I was standing up there awkwardly while all the old folks just stared, wondering what the heck I was doing there with that big smile on my face waiting for YOU to show up!"
    Oh boy... Sam thought, pressing his fingers tightly on the bridge of his nose. Now he remembered.
    "It was horrible Sam!" Emma continued, "After ten minutes or so I had to just wing it. I gotta admit it wasn't my best singing..."

SB_Emma_upset_4.jpg

Sam closed his eyes feeling terrible, he could only imagine...When he opened them he simply said, "Emma, I am so so sorry! I usually never forget about things like that, I just--"
    "I get it if you don't want to be seen with me anymore," Emma interrupted again, lowering her head.
    "What!?" Sam asked in bewilderment.
    "C'mon Sam," Emma began looking up at him, but then lowered her eyes. "It's pretty obvious that all the gorgeous, eligible ladies in this town want to win your heart and I know that I don't measure up to most of them..." she trailed off.
    Sam had a feeling she was referring to Donna, the woman he danced with at Lars.
    "I guess I just thought..." the self-conscious woman shrugged, continuing, "that you were the kind of guy who looked past outward appearances," now her frustration was returning, "but I guess not!"
    The whirlwind of emotions came back again. Why was she implying that? And how could she feel that way about herself?

"No, you're--" Sam tried to reply, but then begged, "Please Emma," unable to meet her gaze, "I can't do this right now."

SB_Emma_angry_at_Sam_2.jpg

Emma stared at him questionably as he abruptly turned away from her, trying to keep his emotions in check.

SB_Emma_upset_1.jpg

It was in that moment that Emma threw aside her worries and really focused on her dear friend. She'd never seem him like this. Something was clearly wrong and he needed a friend right now. Clearing her throat lightly she asked, "What's wrong Sam?"
    Sam's back and shoulders ached from slumping so he stood up straight. With his back still facing Emma he replied, "It's a combination of a lot of things Emma." Then he turned his head to the side a bit, so he could see her out of the corner of his eye. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I don't...think I can ever really be there for anyone anymore."
    Emma's brow furrowed as she stepped closer to him. "What do you mean?"
    "I mean," Sam answered, facing her now. He paused to gulp and hesitated to say it, but it just came out. "I'm a married man."

Shock flooded over Emma's face, almost making her pale. Now she was the one to ask in bewilderment, "What!?"
    Sam nodded.
    "How can you be married? No one told me that and...you live alone..."

SB_Emma_upset_3.jpg

"Well--"
    "Oh dear," Emma expressed, holding her fingers up to her mouth, "unless you're separated and the divorce hasn't been finalized..."
    Sam shook his head. "No...it's...not that."
    "Then what is it?" Emma demanded. Her tone suggested that she was feeling extremely guilty having feelings for him.

Letting out a big sigh, Sam slumped his shoulders again. In this moment he had to make a choice. A pretty big one. Besides he already brought it up. He could feel Emma's piercing gaze, almost literally, as he stood up straight again and looked her in the eye.
    "You wouldn't believe me if I told you," he said.
    "Try me," Emma requested.
    Studying her for a moment Sam felt that he could trust her. There was never any doubt. They weren't best friends, but friends enough for him to be this open with her. Perhaps... this would help their friendship grow stronger. Even if it didn't, he just had to get this off his chest. He couldn't bear this burden alone anymore. It was time.

Taking in a deep breath and then releasing it, Sam suggested to her, "You might want to sit down for this one."
    With a quizzical expression on her face, Emma did as Sam asked and took a seat in the sofa facing him. Weaving her fingers together in her lap, she gave him her undivided attention.

SB_finds_out_23.jpg

"Ok..." Sam began in a half whisper. He was growing more and more nervous with each second.
    Emma could sense it. "Sam," she said, "you're kind of freaking me out here." She gave a light chuckle, hoping to ease the tension.
    "Sorry," Sam said, rubbing the nape of his neck.

SB_finds_out_21.jpg

It was frustrating trying to find the right way to begin telling her this, so he just gave up and said the first thing that came into his mind.
    "I'm not the person everyone thinks I am," was what came out. Oh gosh! That wasn't right!
    Emma's face froze with uneasiness. "What do you mean?" she asked, her worries intensifying. "Are you saying the sweet Sam Beckett that we all know and love is just an ACT? If so, then why!?"
    "No," Sam answered, "that's not what I meant, it's just...oh boy!" he cried, while squeezing his forehead with his fingers. Quickly he composed himself and took in a deep breath, all the while panic was settling inside of Emma.

"I'm not," he began again, "I'm not from this world." He let the breath out quickly and stood still, praying Emma wouldn't freak out.

Surprisingly, Emma's panic ceased as she continued to stare at him and process his response. "You're not...from this world?" she repeated.
    Sam nodded.
    Her eyes looked down from him as her mouth hung open a bit. It was obvious she was trying to figure out what to say to that. "Wow," she whispered, while staying silent for a few seconds. Then she looked up at him again. "Well...you certainly don't look like the aliens people have claimed to see around here."
    Sam cracked a smile. That was comforting!

SB_Emma_upset_5.jpg

"You're human," she continued, "just like us."
    "Yes."
    "Are you...from a Starship or something? Like on Star Trek?"
    "You guys have a show like that here too?" Sam blurted out.
    Emma's eyes widened as she nodded. That response certainly verified his confession.
    "Sweet," Sam said with a smile. He almost wanted to ask her who her favorite Captain was, not that it would be the same actor on Earth as it was here, but he quickly shook his head and tried to focus on the matter at hand. "But no," he replied to her earlier question. "I am not from a Starship. I am a time traveler."
    Now Emma seemed astonished. Like a time traveler wasn't any more shocking than a person from a Starship. "You're kidding me right?" she asked.
    Sam kept a straight face. "No...I'm not." I wish I was!
    Emma looked away again. Sam certainly wouldn't lie about something like this. "Oh...wow," she whispered, sitting further back into the couch.
    Sam decided to go join her.

SB_finds_out_24.jpg

"I know this is a lot to process," Sam said to her, sitting down, "and I am sorry."
    Emma looked back at him as if to say, It's ok.
    "But it is the truth," Sam added.
    Pursing her lips, Emma nodded. "It's quite...unbelievable," she said, "but please tell me about it. I want to know everything."

SB_finds_out_27.jpg

They exchanged smiles as Sam began to elaborate. He told her everything he could remember: How The Quantum Leap Project all began and his adventures leaping into people from the past within in his own lifetime.

SB_finds_out_28.jpg

He told her about Ziggy and Al, his best friend, who appears to him as a hologram that only he can see.
    "So if you ever find me talking to myself..."
    "Right."

SB_finds_out_26.jpg

He also mentioned his encounters with the Evil Leapers. And even the Devil himself, in the form of Al.

SB_finds_out_29.jpg

"Wow," was all Emma could say for a while there, fascinated by all of Sam's adventures.

Then Sam told her about saving Al's first marriage and how he then leaped and ended up in Hidden Springs. Lastly, he told her about Donna.
    Emma frowned a bit with that one. It certainly was a very sad situation.

SB_finds_out_30.jpg

"And that's my story in a nutshell," Sam concluded.
    "So you really are a genius," Emma commented with a grin.
    Blushing, Sam replied, "Well...I don't like to go around calling myself that."
    "But you ARE!" Emma exclaimed. "Inventing a super computer like Ziggy and finding a way to travel through time...that's phenomenal!"
    Sam looked away to hide even more blushing.
    "However...I am sorry about your wife."
    "Thanks."

There was silence between the two for a few minutes.

SB_finds_out_25.jpg

"Wow Sam," Emma said again breaking the silence, "I never thought that YOU out of anyone here would be..." she stopped, shaking her head. Sam knew what she was thinking.
    "So, could I ask you a question?" Sam asked.
    "Please!"
    "Regarding Donna....since we won't be seeing each other again and...what she said to me, would you agree with Al that it's time for me to move on...find someone else, if the right one comes along...and not worry about my marriage anymore?"
    Emma licked her lips and responded carefully. "Well," she began, "Donna said her goodbyes and is moving on herself right?"
    Sam nodded.

SB_finds_out_31.jpg

"Then Yes, I agree that you should move on too. Donna's right...you deserve to be happy, not feeling stuck in a rut. It doesn't sound like that's what she wants for you. She doesn't want you to feel guilty. She expressed what any loving wife would want for her husband in this situation. So there is no shame in moving on."
    Sam nodded, thankful for the second opinion, but he looked away and Emma knew exactly what was bothering him, because he was such a good man.
    "You're not breaking any vows Sam," she assured, admiring his honorable nature. "God's not going to judge you for that. It's like you've died in your world..." she felt bad saying, but, "I have no doubt that it's in His plan for you to continue on with your life here, put right what goes wrong and someday...have a family of your own."

Sam smiled and Emma's face beamed because of it. That reassurance was just what he needed. He reached over to give her a hug and said, "Thank you Emma. Thank you for listening and understanding and...not freaking out." What a burden lifted from his shoulders!
    Emma chuckled as she said, "You're welcome." When they let go of each other she added, "And don't worry Sam...your secret is safe with me."

To be continued...
    :)
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options

Um...there are two girls rubbing on each other right behind you two, Parker should be mad...right....Ethan should be watching the show...RIGHT??

0019_zps0zppn21b.jpg

@Charlottesmom ^^^ Ha ha ha!!!! :lol:

Parker and Ethan look like they could be brothers. Maybe that's why they look good together....?
    Wait....that doesn't sound right does it? :confounded:
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @emorrill , It's their eyebrows, I didn't even realize I used the exact same ones for each of them. They do look a little brotherish, maybe Dustin had a THING with Judy...!! :o
  • Options
    @CravenLestat , Okay, cute video, groovy song, but what was the crazy thing....?
  • Options
    @CravenLestat , Okay, cute video, groovy song, but what was the crazy thing....?

I'm wondering the same thing @CravenLestat
    Was it just a trick to get us to watch it? ;):tongue:

Love that song and your video was very well done. :)
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    I'm wondering the same thing @CravenLestat
    Was it just a trick to get us to watch it? ;):tongue:

Love that song and your video was very well done. :)
    @Charlottesmom and @emorrill I think the crazy thing was that those two guys sounded good singing karaoke! :# Great video. Fun to watch.

More later ... off to dinner now! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top