Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    I'm so excited this day is here. We know how much it means to you. I hope you enjoy all the little details as much as we do. They are SO DARN CUTE! Enjoy :)

Thank you so much to you and everyone who worked on giving us toddlers, I love all the details. They have their own personalities. Their food doesn't have to be blended. Toddler beds, all the learning toys, books and flash cards oh my. They're just perfect.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    This is a wonderful, wonderful day!
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    I second the question...

Does anyone have a picture of the transition from baby to toddler? Is it the same as baby to child?
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Still totally shocked and numb
    its * trys to focus on clock* oh nearly 9am stumbled out of bed about 10 mins ago , decided to check the forums and had a mild cardiac arrest!!!
    Now i know its only a game but still....after being on an emotional roller coaster for the last 2 and a bit years....
    Scuse me while i take this like a real man...and have a quiet cry under the desk
    THANK YOU EA!!
    I take it all back!
    now where did i out the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tissues......
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @sparkfairy1 Cute pictures :smile: I like the more mature look to the toddlers as well, like I said they seem to cover a more broad age group rather than just the ones in the previous two games. Some good clothing and hair styles as well. Goes to show that listen to player's feedback is a better move. I hope that this is the theme from now on rather than just pushing out party SPs all the time lol

Also I noticed the can walk up the short stairs, I don't think that was possible in TS2 or TS3?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    Oh, thanks @sparkfairy1 for those pics. They look incredible! Climbing on the furniture, climbing up the stairs, sleeping on a chair! Now I'm squealing all over again lol. I SO wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. I am so happy they gave them a sippy cup instead of a bottle. I reckon they might have put that toy butterfly in especially for you since you rallied so hard for toddlers.

And thank you so much too @cherpar cos if you hadn't called me in to this thread I might not have found out for weeks <3
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Thanks sparks, I'm watching your updates, even if I don't comment every time. I don't want to clutter with excitement haha.

--T
  • Options
    9b8ll9b8ll Posts: 13 New Member
    I just want to say thank you @SimGuruLyndsay and the Sims team for working on toddlers and a speical thanks to @sparkfairy1 for this thread Plus having 1097 pages as well! XD this make me hopeful that we get to see more major stuff soon like a town editor/CAW soon! <3:)
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Congrats!! I'm very excited for y'all. I will wait for the reviews before making any decisions as there are still so many other things I don't like about Sims4. But, I am very happy as I did not think they would do this. I had given up hope. Thank you guru's for making so many people so very happy. I hope this is the wow factor.

PS: Guess that means I can change my avatar now...if I can remember how. :)

Same thing for me. We still need real teens and elders. Culling fixes cars. I'm trying to stay positive though but like you said there is so many things wrong with TS4. I'll wait for the review from Sparky and see what happens.

If we get better teens and culling fixes, I'm okay with no cars. (Besides, now we're going to need a car seat if cars ever return.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    They did so well with these toddlers. I've been playing with them the moment the patch went live, and dang, the emotions just work wonders on them.

They're truly aware of their surroundings, and will quickly react. For instance, I had my toddler Sim sit on a bench, and people he had never met began walking up to him, one sitting right next to him. This caused him to become sad from all the strangers.

qurjVxm.jpg

The moment my Sim picked him up and walked away, he got happy again, jumping and dancing around.

m7tRKv3.png

They just act so natural, and look tons better than TS2 and TS3's toddlers.

Too be fair they do look better than in previous games. They don't look just like babies and their age seems to be more broad. Whereas traditionly they just looked like one year olds this time they look like they are in the 1-3 age bracket and almost like pre-schoolers which is cool. :smile:

My husband commented that they look to be right in the throes of the "Terrible Twos" - some of those 100 Baby Challenge folks might want to cut back to 50. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I think this is a wonderful addition for all of those of you who've campaigned so hard for them to be brought to the game ! I am so happy for all of you <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Basically right now i haved tried to wake up twice, it didn't work. It must be the reality then. I just can't believe it, toddlers are back.
    I just can't realized
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    I'm having to remind myself over and over that lack of toddlers was not the only reason why I didn't buy Sims 4, there are still lots of other issues....but these toddlers though!! So cute, they really do look good! I'm so happy for all of you that have been waiting, I truly hope you all really enjoy your Simming time.

It actually gives me a lot of hope about the future of the franchise that feedback has so clearly been listened to, can't of been easy for the devs to be working on something so important to so many and not be able to talk about it at all.

Can't wait to see more toddler pics and hear what you all think ❤️
  • Options
    Just one quick question... Has anyone tried aging a baby into a toddler or a toddler into a child just to you know, be sure they age up ok ;)

In all serious though I can't believe that they have managed to wow so many people in just one day and most players probably haven't even been online to find out yet. I don't think I have seen this much excitement since they announced Pets for TS2!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Just one quick question... Has anyone tried aging a baby into a toddler or a toddler into a child just to you know, be sure they age up ok ;)

In all serious though I can't believe that they have managed to wow so many people in just one day and most players probably haven't even been online to find out yet. I don't think I have seen this much excitement since they announced Pets for TS2!

Well i wasn't supposed to come on the forum now, because i had to go to bed early today. If i wasn't that curious and didn't take a quick look i would have missed the info.
    My bed can forget me right now, i have a meeting with cute toddler.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    So this is the thread blowing up my notifications. :lol:

Congratulations to everyone who wanted toddlers or needed toddlers to make their game feel complete! :heart:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    WOOT! @sparkfairy1 I would dance in the streets but I'm crying. Literally crying. A long wait is over. The war is over. OMG I can't keep from crying,..and they are FREE!! OMG

I can't believe this, but I am crying too. Messy crying! What is wrong with me??? :s
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    shalese08shalese08 Posts: 65 Member
    YAY!!!!! FINALLY!!! i feel better now lol

I want to use a pic too!!! :'(
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited January 2017
    These toddlers are amazing, every time I think I've seen everything that they can do, they go and surprise me with something else. The Sims team really outdid themselves here. I think they've replaced TS2 toddlers as my favourite.

808068746f.png

Ezekiel staring at the frying pan in confusion :p He has such a little personality, I have an adorable pic of his dad giving him a piggyback ride but it won't upload for some reason :(
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    WOOT! @sparkfairy1 I would dance in the streets but I'm crying. Literally crying. A long wait is over. The war is over. OMG I can't keep from crying,..and they are FREE!! OMG

I can't believe this, but I am crying too. Messy crying! What is wrong with me??? :s

I think it's because the game has been so disappointing and such a let down for some people, that with an important addition like this, it can change the whole experience for some, and the happiness and relief gives folks new hope.
    That's awesome, I hope you guys all have fun playing.

Sadly, it's not really enough to convince me to buy, I still feel there is a lot missing, but it's good to see folks happier around here :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    These toddlers are amazing, every time I think I've seen everything that they can do, they go and surprise me with something else. The Sims team really outdid themselves here. I think they've replaced TS2 toddlers as my favourite.

808068746f.png

Ezekiel staring at the frying pan in confusion :p

It is interesting how many new interactions players seem to be discovering. I mean a few players would have been happy with toddlers being at least on par with the previous games but I saw someone say that the patch file size is almost as big as an EP. That being free content as well is a very surprising form of generosity that I haven't seen since giving the CAW tool away for free.

'Things change' I guess ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    CherbitDip wrote: »
    I'm having to remind myself over and over that lack of toddlers was not the only reason why I didn't buy Sims 4, there are still lots of other issues....but these toddlers though!! So cute, they really do look good! I'm so happy for all of you that have been waiting, I truly hope you all really enjoy your Simming time.

It actually gives me a lot of hope about the future of the franchise that feedback has so clearly been listened to, can't of been easy for the devs to be working on something so important to so many and not be able to talk about it at all.

Can't wait to see more toddler pics and hear what you all think ❤️

Exactly. I still have issues with The Sims 4. I think these toddlers look adorable, probably the most adorable in my opinion, but even looking at all the pictures I'm still reminded of issues I have with this game. I still don't have a lot of hope of getting into TS4, but I do feel a little bit better about The Sims 5 should there be one.

I'm so happy for the players who needed this though! These toddlers look great!
    KqGXVAC.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top