Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,620 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    CherbitDip wrote: »
    Is this actually happening?! I am totally stunned! Having to physically restrain myself from going crazy and buying everything Sims 4 related! Will wait until I see what the lovely sparkfairy has to say.

Me too! lol

I'm not trying to be greedy but I want real teens and elders now and I'm off to happy family-play land.

I said in another thread, this is a gigantic leap for TS4 in the right direction. But they have a long road and a lot a work ahead of them to make each age special in it's own way and fun to play. That definitely includes these poor basic teens and usually... the left out elders. Here's to hoping they finally make The Sims 4 what they intended to all this time...

About the Sims, and that includes every age group.

Yes!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,268 Member
    Its at 82 percent , i'm so excited .
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well I just had a look at the trailer and it seems that they have put some effort into them so no 'objects attached to a playpen' as originally expected! :bawling: Although I am still not interested in TS4 at least it is nice to see some players happy for once and maybe now it was better waiting for a while for toddlers rather than just having them patched in earlier when they might have just been a disappointment.

Oh and was that a Guru I saw in this thread?

Anyway, feel free to use my old hype gif:

88087d32daf41f3fd8ce30595df85b56d0b54e7b.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    edited January 2017
    Omg guys, I finally bought TS4 last month on a big discount and i'm so happy I did! The game upgraded big with this and makes my family so much better :D Yeah there could be some improvements, but we finally have all life stages. The teenagers thing is still weird, but I can live with that! Our family's are whole again :D:D:D
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Omg guys I am so happy. @elanorbreton please come back.... Apparently there is hope. I hope @scobre also knows.

Thanks for fighting the good fight @sparkfairy1 and all of the other wonderful simmers.

I can't express my joy, thanks sims team @SimGuruLyndsay
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,620 Member
    The biggest crack in the foundation has been repaired.

I am more hopeful than ever for Maxis and EA.

I've said this before. If they were honest with us from the start I would've been supported them and purchased all packs. If they had said we are working on toddlers and working very hard to complete the base game, I would've had their backs 100 percent. Instead we were left to suffer and waiting, hoping then giving up hope. It was a rollercoatser ride. And while I am very happy they've added toddlers there are still things needing to be fix and added. Toddler was number one on my list but I need real teens also.

As others have mentioned there is more to family play than just adding toddlers, but toddlers are a big part of it for sure.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

I've said this before. If they were honest with us from the start I would've been supported them and purchased all packs. If they had said we are working on toddlers and working very hard to complete the base game, I would've had their backs 100 percent. Instead we were left to suffer and waiting, hoping then giving up hope. It was a rollercoatser ride. And while I am very happy they've added toddlers there are still things needing to be fix and added. Toddler was number one on my list but I need real teens also.

As others have mentioned there is more to family play than just adding toddlers, but toddlers are a big part of it for sure.

I agree. Had toddlers been included in the base game, I would have bought it. But I didn't and now that I've played it at a friend's and due to many, many reasons beyond toddlers, know TS4 is not for me. I do hope EA has learned from this debacle and that, moving forward, I can hope for a TS5 game that is robust right out of the gate.
  • Options

Yep ditto. I stopped buying because the way it was handled caused my lack of hope. Hopefully a lot was learnt along the way though and we won't see a recurrence of that issue in the future of the next generations :)

Now depending on how this goes I will catch up with what I missed :)

I think that this could be a positive move. The developers clearly know what the players want and have proven that they can provide so if there is a TS5 in development, they can avoid the previous mistakes and if the toddlers work out well, they can use that for the base of TS4 and maybe even try out some over life stages such as the 'preteens' which I think they already have in Freeplay.

Secondly if TS4 gets a boost in popularity, there will be enough people playing to support development of TS5 so chances are, the series could start improving again.

As I said, I hope to see the same for an Open World and a CAW tool which still seems unlikely for TS4 but may not be a problem in the future so I think that things could actually get a lot better in a few years :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Very happy with this news! Hopefully we get a Generation type pack next!
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Woop! So happy for all those who wanted toddlers! EA and The Sims team do listen. Big thank you to them both and the community. <3
  • Options
    I am just wondering weather toddlers could actually be a hint for other life stages such as pre teens? As I mentioned they have preteens in Freeplay so maybe they might consider them for TS4 in the future. I am not sure if they are ready for them yet but a while ago someone found data for two extra 'lifestages' so there is still room for another. It is now proven that new life stages can still be added so there is now no reason to think that pre teens could not be possible either?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Omg omg omg omg. I gotta go and play.....
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    Omg guys I am so happy. @elanorbreton please come back.... Apparently there is hope. I hope @scobre also knows.
    What what WHAT???!!! Are we getting toddlers? I've missed all the news. Surely we're not?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Can I just scream in here again? With happiness?

(And maybe a little wee!)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH @Sk8rblaze those look awesome. I need to play asap.

--T
  • Options
    What what WHAT???!!! Are we getting toddlers? I've missed all the news. Surely we're not?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

--T
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'll double post, but again, they're sooooo cute!!! <3
    TODDLERS_zpsfxsymyhd.png
  • Options

Nah they are just giving them away for free in a patch with some new toddler clothing , hair styles and objects so not too much to get hyped over ;)

It is funny though, a lot of players always said they should be free but never expected it and then the devs go and take everyone by surprise. Defiantly not something anyone predicted would happen :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    OMG NO WAY!!!!!!!! Just after I uninstalled that game too lol. I cannot believe this!! I am totally gobsmacked. I'd also better get my hat on a plate ready to eat it :D
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    They did so well with these toddlers. I've been playing with them the moment the patch went live, and dang, the emotions just work wonders on them.

They're truly aware of their surroundings, and will quickly react. For instance, I had my toddler Sim sit on a bench, and people he had never met began walking up to him, one sitting right next to him. This caused him to become sad from all the strangers.

qurjVxm.jpg

The moment my Sim picked him up and walked away, he got happy again, jumping and dancing around.

m7tRKv3.png

They just act so natural, and look tons better than TS2 and TS3's toddlers.

Too be fair they do look better than in previous games. They don't look just like babies and their age seems to be more broad. Whereas traditionly they just looked like one year olds this time they look like they are in the 1-3 age bracket and almost like pre-schoolers which is cool. :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    OMG NO WAY!!!!!!!! Just after I uninstalled that game too lol. I cannot believe this!! I am totally gobsmacked. I'd also better get my hat on a plate ready to eat it :D

With pics!! ;) lol

--T
  • Options
    Ha ha I'm squealing so much in excitement my hubby has had to tell me to calm down. I just don't believe it. Oh, how can I get a day off work tomorrow so I can reinstall and PLAY TODDLERS!!!!??? They look so CUUUUTTTEEEEEE.

Sorry, I'll go away for a minute and try to calm down. *Breathes deeply*
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top