March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @catalina_45 this is 3.0.1 but as other people pointed out it still displays as 3.0.0. in-game.

@egwarhammer i re-uploaded all package and script files twice today so this is for sure the recent version. i do not have a log file in my folder so i don't know how to check it :( i read in the manual that this may indicate a version incompatibility but all modules load fine except for woohoo. any ideas?

Screenshot of your /MC folder. Lemme see what you're looking at. :)

Any other mods/cc in? Either take everything out but MC, or post or PM (depending on content) your/Mods picture(s) too. Maybe I can spot something needing an update.

Have you looked through the troubleshooter? Tried the steps?

You did go to two sites to get all of MC again... right? ;)

Maybe for the log you just need to enable it. It SHOULD print out error messages anyway, but if you reload your game and didn't check the log in between, it's probably overwriting itself between game loads (it's another setting, to have it append instead of overwrite).

Computer > MC UI > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings

Message Logging and Append are the first 2 buttons there.

Definitely turn on the log, but whether you leave it on overwrite, or set it to append, is up to you... as long as you remember to keep an eye on it. I'd leave it enabled and appending till you get MC up and running properly, at least.

• mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    thank you both so much!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @catalina_45 this is 3.0.1 but as other people pointed out it still displays as 3.0.0. in-game.

@egwarhammer i re-uploaded all package and script files twice today so this is for sure the recent version. i do not have a log file in my folder so i don't know how to check it :( i read in the manual that this may indicate a version incompatibility but all modules load fine except for woohoo. any ideas?

Any other mods/cc in? Either take everything out but MC, or post or PM (depending on content) your/Mods picture(s) too. Maybe I can spot something needing an update.

Maybe for the log you just need to enable it. It SHOULD print out error messages anyway, but if you reload your game and didn't check the log in between, it's probably overwriting itself between game loads (it's another setting, to have it append instead of overwrite).

Computer > MC UI > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings

Definitely turn on the log, but whether you leave it on overwrite, or set it to append, is up to you... as long as you remember to keep an eye on it. I'd leave it enabled and appending till you get MC up and running properly, at least.

whats a log i'm computer illiterate?
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @friendsfan367 Log=some sort of written record (doesn't necessarily have to be on a computer)
    In this case, the "log" is a record of issues the mod has and the results of various alarms.
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 Log=some sort of written record (doesn't necessarily have to be on a computer)
    In this case, the "log" is a record of issues the mod has and the results of various alarms.

thanks i can see the files in my folder and game but they don't appear to be on.
    edited November 2016
    edited
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    i'm running a scan so far 2 viruses were found maybe thats my issue.
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member

@egwarhammer thank you so much for your support. as it is already late here i will get back to it tomorrow and let you know :)
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Hi, sorry if this has been asked a billion times before, but to update the mod, can I save my settings? I don't think I've updated the mod since June, so I'm fairly out of date, but I want to upload to 3.0.1. I see four MC files in my Mods folder - mc_cmd_center.package, mc_cmd_center.ts4script, mc_population.ts4script, and mc_settings.cfg. If I save the last one while deleting the others, will all my settings be preserved when I put in the new versions? Or has it changed so much since June 4th that I should forget about trying to save my settings?
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Terra You've got it right- keep your mc_settings.cfg and your settings will be saved. If you've been using dresser, you can also keep the cfg for that to preserve anything you've black/white listed. Everything else should be switched to the newest version.
    Cheerleader went off the rails twice today in the other part's forum. >:)

Obviously I can't link them, but, they're long posts. Won't be hard to find, if you care to look.
    For those of you who don't mind answering questions... I'm going to need help this week. I'd LOVE to have time to play with the new piece. I loaded it up, looked at the new map, and spent the rest of this morning (and now evening, didn't even look at the game tonight) on forums. School run is mine all week, an hour of my morning. I do not like Time Crunch weeks.

Next day off is Monday (AM). Till then, I'm going to be around in short bursts, at best. And I'm running HARD into "work prep time" for tonight, right now.

If players with answers would please share them when questions come up (they will, we just had an update that OBVIOUSLY not everyone has installed yet...), your already-harried Cheerleader would REALLY appreciate the extra eyes and hands. <3

BTW, browse my sig. Links to all kinds of helpful stuff re MC. And other things. Tools of the trade. ;)
    For those of you who don't mind answering questions... I'm going to need help this week. I'd LOVE to have time to play with the new piece. I loaded it up, looked at the new map, and spent the rest of this morning (and now evening, didn't even look at the game tonight) on forums. School run is mine all week, an hour of my morning. I do not like Time Crunch weeks.

Next day off is Monday (AM). Till then, I'm going to be around in short bursts, at best. And I'm running HARD into "work prep time" for tonight, right now.

If players with answers would please share them when questions come up (they will, we just had an update that OBVIOUSLY not everyone has installed yet...), your already-harried Cheerleader would REALLY appreciate the extra eyes and hands. <3

BTW, browse my sig. Links to all kinds of helpful stuff re MC. And other things. Tools of the trade. ;)

i think i'm close because i did take all the extract files and move them out of mods.but they stil don't go on but small progreess is still progress.
  • lolollolol Posts: 1 New Member
    help the mods show up at the start of the game, but when I click in the computer and the sims, the option for it doesn't show up
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @Terra You've got it right- keep your mc_settings.cfg and your settings will be saved. If you've been using dresser, you can also keep the cfg for that to preserve anything you've black/white listed. Everything else should be switched to the newest version.

Thanks!
  • AgathaUdimoAgathaUdimo Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2016
    I have been having issues with this mod. I have been through all the testing, checking other mods, playing with no mods, playing with just this mod, playing with just sections of this mod. All updated to the same newest version.

At the moment, if I have this mod installed WITH the woohoo module, my sims will glitch out of bed. usually immediately after laying down but it can be a few minutes to a few hours before the game 'resets' the sim and throws them across the room. I already reported this on each of the download comment sections but was directed here as well to let people know/get advice. Right now I'm just not using the WooHoo module.

EDIT : I got one nights of sleep out of my sims before they started being thrown from the bed again. So removing the woohoo part doesn't help.

Deaderpool says i am the only person having this issue so far (or the first to report it at least). Has anyone else had this?
    Post edited by AgathaUdimo on
    I am not so silently judging you.
    ASD - I think differently to you.
    I am *hoping* to play when I get home from the usual school run. Not sure, the net pull is strong, too. :p I NEED to play, to see what's up. I just don't know when that piece of time is going to land in front of me.

More after while, between trips for now. One more, then I can change clothes/chill out. (Odd night. Nothing BAD, just "different.")

I'll be back. :)
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016
    lolol wrote: »
    help the mods show up at the start of the game, but when I click in the computer and the sims, the option for it doesn't show up
    Looking into my Crystal Ball...
    ☆☆☆
    ...it says: "insufficent input".

You have probably the zip file in your Mod folder and not the unzipped content. It should look like this (link). Please check!

Does "the mods show up at the start of the game" look like this (link)? Please check!

What have you done so far to find a possible solution (reset user folder, moving mods out, etc.) and what were the results?

Could you please give us some more details? For example:
    • What game version do you run?
    • What MC version do you use?
    • Where are your unzipped MC files?
    • Does your mod folder look like this (link)?
    • Which other mods do you have in play?
    • ...(everything that helps us to find a solution)

Have a look at this post (link) from @egwarhammer where she also explains what information we need for troubleshooting.

Thanks for your contribution.

Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016
    I have been having issues with this mod. I have been through all the testing, checking other mods, playing with no mods, playing with just this mod, playing with just sections of this mod. All updated to the same newest version.

At the moment, if I have this mod installed WITH the woohoo module, my sims will glitch out of bed. usually immediately after laying down but it can be a few minutes to a few hours before the game 'resets' the sim and throws them across the room. I already reported this on each of the download comment sections but was directed here as well to let people know/get advice. Right now I'm just not using the WooHoo module.

EDIT : I got one nights of sleep out of my sims before they started being thrown from the bed again. So removing the woohoo part doesn't help.

Deaderpool says i am the only person having this issue so far (or the first to report it at least). Has anyone else had this?

I don't have this issue with my game. And I doubt that it is MC related. @Deaderpool would tell if this is a known bug.

I've seen your other discussion here (link) and according to this, you really have aready done almost everything thinkable to troubleshoot the game. The only thing I missed was the famaous "resetting the user data" procedure, but perhaps you have tried this too. If not, please give it a try.

Before you start make a backup copy of your user data. Copy the complete "The Sims 4" folder (normally in C:\Users\<username>\documents\Electronic Arts) to a save location, e. g. a USB stick or a USB hard drive. Then disconnect your backup media from your PC.

How to reset your user data:
    1. Exit your game
    2. Move the complete "The Sims 4" folder from C:\Users\<username>\documents\Electronic Arts e. g. to your desktop.
    3. Start your game - it will generate a new vanilla "The Sims 4" folder in your Windows user profile.
    4. Test your game. The error should not appear any more.
    5. Shut down your game
    6. Go to the desktop and copy the file "Options.ini" and the folders "Mods" and "Saves" back to the new vanilla "The Sims 4" folder.
    7. Start your game
    8. Test again with your saves and mods. Hopefully the error still don't appear.
    9. Shut down your game
    10. Copy the folder "Tray" back to your "The Sims 4" folder. Don't forget the folders "Screenshots", "Recorded Videos" and "Custom Music" if you use them.

#howto #resetuserdata #MCCC
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.

@egwarhammer thank you so much for your support. as it is already late here i will get back to it tomorrow and let you know :)

omg i fixed it. i found a stray script file of this module in a completely different folder within my mods. i have no idea how it got there. after removing it the module is back in my game :) yaaay!
    @buzz_infamous

SWEET!

Glad to hear it. :)

@Bonxie ... wow. Amazing, again. <3 Thank you so much for those "answer posts" you put together. I LOVE them!!! :)

Strange night at work, strange day here. Might've slept 4 hours. Something's "off"... you know? Long night incoming, and I really hope it goes smoother than last night did. Worse for Jeffrey than me, but I almost hate that more. He stresses over it more than I do. (One more reason I won't be in mgt. Not my thing at all, I'm a MUCH better grunt than I'd be as a boss.)

Had some news from back home today that's thrown me for a loop. Not ready to get into details this evening (still processing), just wanted to let you guys know I'm here, but fairly distracted and a little off-kilter.

Sometimes RL blows.
    Little bit annoyed. Deaderpool mentioned he hadn't played with CL yet because he spent last night looking at other players saves and settings files.

Really?

I mean, he DID get some useful info he hadn't seen yet out of it, but if he had time to PLAY for himself, he might've already seen (and probably fixed) whatever it was.

I'm in a mood. 230 posts to MC since 3.0.1 was released.

People can really be annoying when they're blind and clueless and selfish and entitled. I can only shovel so much sunshine.

Current Activity thing:
    One man. One update. 230 new posts to MC comments since 3.0.1 came out. READ MORE, folks. BEFORE posting. Don't bury Deaderpool so deep he hasn't got time to play with the game he's trying to mod. I haven't played with CL yet either. Can't get off forums long enough. Patience and Common Sense are BOTH required for post-patch survival. Do your homework, FIRST. Tools are there. Troubleshooting section at the mod's page. Troubleshooter PDF included with downloads. Use the tools we've given you, and give us what we need to help you. Details in Troubleshooting. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    >:)

Time to get ready for work. 4 hours sleep. We'll see how it goes.
  • lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    edited November 2016

Do you have the Occult Module, with Alien Abduction frequency set to anything other than Normal? That can throw Sims out of bed, and Deaderpool is working to fix it.

Is there a mod that will allow to set particular outfits for all townies? I am doing a decades challenge and i would prefer to have all townies wear suitable clothes.

MC's Dresser. Set up and Save whatever Outfits you want townies to spawn in. Dresser has a Setting, Only Use Saved Outfits. If "suitable clothes" are all you have saved in your mc_dresser.cfg file, and you enable that setting, those outfits are what you should see them spawn in.

Dresser tip: to Whitelist, Blacklist or Save items in less time, put a group of same-gender sims together. YA covers teen, YA and adult clothing options. 8 YA females, 8 YA males. You can then age them up to Elder to fix those outfits, and I'd think 7 of them (leave one YA/A/E, I mean) you could age back down to child.

It'll take some doing, and some time, but it will work if it's something you're interested in looking into.

@egwarhammer i was sure i saw this option in mc dresser before but recently i could not figure it out somehow. I will check it later today and ping you if i'm struggling:D

Ok 1 question already - does it mean i have to set outfits via whitelisting and blacklisting only?

NO. If you do the 8 sims thing... put EIGHT outfits together from hat to shoes. Whatever you want.

You can use Outfit Commands to SAVE the entire Outfit, and if you do a CAS blitz and load 8 sims with 6 categories with 5 slots each... you can pretty much do whatever you want, and save all of them back in live play.

It's a one by one process. The clown parts blacklist took me the better part of a day to do, and it was about 185 lines long. How long it takes depends on how many different outfits per category you want them to have for choices. Different process than black/whitelisting, but, seat time will be involved.

It'll be really cool once it's done, though. ;) Grab a snack and a drink. LOL!

Ok thanks! Do you possibly have a manual somewhere? A few days ago i went into mccc into Use only saved outfits option but it did not give me anything else than whitelisting and blacklisting. How do i save outfits to cfg file?

@egwarhammer to continue our diacussion from the other thread :) i know you have a lot on your shoulders recently so no rush with it ;)
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I would like to use the games default settings, how can I turn off mc command centers settings for ages?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top