Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Are you guys seeing more game freezes since 1.24 overall? That is NOT from MC, mine's been doing it all along SOME, but it is SO MUCH WORSE now.

Running errands and doing boring RL stuff, will check the other forum.

Meanwhile, check to see if the patch changed you from 32 to 64 bit. It did pretty much almost everybody I've talked to, changing it back to 64 seems to get rid of the lag for some.

I doubt I'd be able to play if mine had gone to 64. I remember the uber-flickering that caused. I don't have my drivers right for it, and besides, toaster. 32's fine. ;)

Good tip for most players, though. <3
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Are you guys seeing more game freezes since 1.24 overall? That is NOT from MC, mine's been doing it all along SOME, but it is SO MUCH WORSE now.

One workaround mentioned is to take our TRAY out and only put it back when we need to use our Library.

The more I think about that, the madder I'm getting.

THEM butchering gameplay elements (sims, relationships, relationship levels) wasn't good enough... NOW they want us to play without actual game files, TOO????????

I mean, seriously. REALLY?????

I can understand the "if you aren't camping, take out OR" philosophy Sims3 would've engineered. Lots of people couldn't play with all of 3 installed.

IMO they're asking US to jump in on their "butcher this to make that work" train, and that has just REALLY set my nerves on edge, today.

Mine was freezing. Turned off Origin in-game, and unchecked online features access once I was in the game, and that did the trick for me. The patch also switched a lot of people from 64-bit back to 32-bit. Switching it back might help if you usually play 64-bit.
    MC 3.0.1 is UP, considered a Major Release. Anybody with 3.0.0 files needs to redownload 3.0.1 versions of all the modules you play with. AllModules.zip=WIN. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Posted that to my activity feed. It works. :D

Go get 3.0.1. I'm still getting the word out. Don't even have the files myself yet. :p

Change log post is here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5108449#post5108449

I've got it bookmarked to refer people to (here's what's funny, that was DP's idea... haha!) who don't know how to figure out there's been an update. Like, by reading. You know.
    >:)
  • CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    First time ever, I had to use the alternate download.

You guys need to stop rushing to download the fix! (LOL)

It wasn't just you, I ended up doing that too, a few minutes ago (after 3 tries on the Files link)... but the real link just now worked fine. O.o

Woohoo PMs incoming... I need to put the post together. ;)
    Sometimes I'm really a space cadet. Posted this to the wrong thread a while ago... trying to cram a thousand things in before I need to lay down... it's creeping up on me.

NEW PICTURE!!! 3.0.1 MC files

(I'll post the "whole" picture to MC).

Help me get the word out, if you see someone with anything besides 3.0.1 (who HAS patched their game for CL), they need this.

Thanks!

sm9eg4.jpg
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Just updated to 3.0.1

Everything looks good so far, but I also hadn't any issues with 3.0.0

Only one thing worth mentioning: Versionnumber in Welcome Screen seems still to be 3.0.0 - maybe someone might doublecheck. Thanks!
    y3mnVYCASn8qiuobMTGEapeYcmikizDIi1v9n_pF2lG1cbEzWyHv9LFCo3l87xR2xryzZe4rsFK-CjGND5GH8rhQAx44CLKDIuyfC6EYLWyent8BACst3cvjy4SpvgHPmhep_MTQFmoSjTt-LykN46Oez7vcidm6boGzQi6BeiF9Pw?width=296&height=285&cropmode=none

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Just updated to 3.0.1

Everything looks good so far, but I also hadn't any issues with 3.0.0

Only one thing worth mentioning: Versionnumber in Welcome Screen seems still to be 3.0.0 - maybe someone might doublecheck. Thanks!
    y3mnVYCASn8qiuobMTGEapeYcmikizDIi1v9n_pF2lG1cbEzWyHv9LFCo3l87xR2xryzZe4rsFK-CjGND5GH8rhQAx44CLKDIuyfC6EYLWyent8BACst3cvjy4SpvgHPmhep_MTQFmoSjTt-LykN46Oez7vcidm6boGzQi6BeiF9Pw?width=296&height=285&cropmode=none

I am still working on getting in. LOL! But I'm about there, although I'm racing sleep now, too.

Eh. I don't work till tomorrow night, time for one more play jag after a nap. ;) (Which I'm putting off for a while still.)
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    A tad late here but to add my feedback on the "freeze/lag" issue.

Indeed this has become the case of late. I have read from other posts that this is not "mod-caused" but might be the result of their patch "preparing" the game for the new content, (regardless of whether or not one intends to purchase the content in question, which is silly) . As this is not a "patch gripe" thread I'll leave it at that. But it does bear mentioning that I run the 32-bit version as it is.

Also the game does not actually "freeze" so much as "pause". Freeze implies to me that it stops working and has crashed. To be accurate, it has not crashed lately.
  • CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    I'm struggling with this whole waiting thing. For this and City Living. I'll try to find my patience hat

Join the club. That's why I've been running off at the fingers since the patch landed and blew up our MC-enhanced world. Certainly not playing this braindead POS excuse for a game (vanilla). I loaded it up last night, rolled a new save... and came to forums and wrote posts for 3 hours with new game sitting there under my browser. Meh.

I'll wait. Hamstrung and blind are not how I want to try to play this game.

Meeting new players (to my little corner of forums) is cool. One good thing to come from the fireball. MC has gathered up a pretty eclectic group of people. <3

Yeah I couldn't dream of playing this game without MC. And yes I think I fall under the eclectic category, so it's nice to be here

I couldn't play without this mod either, I :) absolutely love it
    Okay, question time. Who of you DOES see "Fertility Massage" as an option on the massage tables?

Something in the extra part is keeping me from seeing that... I've just figured THAT much out, if it's a setting, I've no idea which. Could also be more under the hood stuff. Not my area... anybody's guess. Somebody else mentioned it over there, I put a spa down just to look at it.

Sure 'nuff, no fertility massage, unless I put the extra part on the desktop. >.< (One massage type is not worth losing a whole module over.)

Just wondering if we might get lucky on figuring it out.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

the day i first decided to use mods they updated the very next day.
    got the fixed files in my downloads folder i forgot whats next

If your /MC folder looks like the last picture I put up... try your game. :)
    edited October 2016

i need help with one step i pasted the folder so now its in mods but is that right? i haven't done anything with the folder because i was waiting for you.

i need help with one step i pasted the folder so now its in mods but is that right? i haven't done anything with the folder because i was waiting for you.

This is my /Mods folder:

2gue0io.jpg

My MC files are in that top folder. I put the 1 in front so it will BE the top folder. ;) (What you name the folder doesn't matter.)

This is my MC folder's contents:

qq7uky.jpg

I play with these files in this folder set up this way. If you have this same thing on your side, try it and see what happens.

I will say, I'm going to have to get some sleep, I've been up too long on not enough sleep.

But people are around, here and at MC both. Give it a shot.

I'll check back in after while. :)

• CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    Okay, question time. Who of you DOES see "Fertility Massage" as an option on the massage tables?

Something in the extra part is keeping me from seeing that... I've just figured THAT much out, if it's a setting, I've no idea which. Could also be more under the hood stuff. Not my area... anybody's guess. Somebody else mentioned it over there, I put a spa down just to look at it.

Sure 'nuff, no fertility massage, unless I put the extra part on the desktop. >.< (One massage type is not worth losing a whole module over.)

I've NEVER seen that option.

I didn't even know it was there.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So, I got on my soapbox a while ago, here...

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15315270/#Comment_15315270

Some things just need to be said. <shrug>

My invite to Deaderpool extends to you, @egwarhammer -- if you ever make it out to EA HQ I don't live too far from there, so I owe you a beverage (adult or otherwise) for all your hard work!

Got to admit that Twallan got me spoiled in terms of fast and frequent mod updates back in the Sims 3 Era, but I know that patience is a virtue. Then again, I've never been accused of being virtuous... >:)

I still see Fertility Massage on my tables, but I don't use that "extra" part (at least not yet), so hope the problem gets tracked down soon.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member

Sure 'nuff, no fertility massage, unless I put the extra part on the desktop.

I agree. Extra part loaded then no Fertility Massage. Extra Part out and the Fertility Massage option is available. But this is at the Spar using the hired masseuse not with my Massage Table in my household. Using my own table I DO have the option to give a fertility massage with the Extra Part of MC loaded. My sim is maxed in Wellness. The Masseuse was Wellness L9. The ability to give the Fertility Massage requires L9.

Too many babies in my game already.

On a different subject. MC 3 worked fine for me and I was so grateful that it was push out so fast. This was because I like to make my Teens suffer (like I had to) and there at too many babies in my game already. My sim had a really good Sims Friday night and Sat morning with his girlfriend. Then MC 3 hotfix got loaded (thanks for that DP) and woaha! The clock is back to Friday Morning so I get the chance to have another hot date on Friday night. I use a game time of 50 and it is working really well.
    Fertility thing is probably either a setting gone rogue or just something from the hoops Deaderpool (and azoresman) had to jump through a while back, trying to get nudity options for various things working.

I'm not going to take out the whole module just because I don't see one kind of massage. Fertility is not really an issue in my game. :smiley:

If anybody's interested enough to go through that extra part's settings and try turning various things on/off to see if Fertility shows up sometime... that'd be sweet.

I'll LOOK at it, but I go back to work tonight, and I'm not spending today chasing an easily avoidable "issue." I'm with @CarpeNoctemSims ... if nobody had brought it up, I would never have remembered it ever being there before.

(I knew it was an option, I mean... I just really hadn't noticed it NOT being available more recently.)

@friendsfan367 What's New?????? You in? Out? Amused? Annoyed? Somewhere between? ;)

Fertility thing is probably either a setting gone rogue or just something from the hoops Deaderpool (and azoresman) had to jump through a while back, trying to get nudity options for various things working.

I'm not going to take out the whole module just because I don't see one kind of massage. Fertility is not really an issue in my game. :smiley:

If anybody's interested enough to go through that extra part's settings and try turning various things on/off to see if Fertility shows up sometime... that'd be sweet.

I'll LOOK at it, but I go back to work tonight, and I'm not spending today chasing an easily avoidable "issue." I'm with @CarpeNoctemSims ... if nobody had brought it up, I would never have remembered it ever being there before.

(I knew it was an option, I mean... I just really hadn't noticed it NOT being available more recently.)

@friendsfan367 What's New?????? You in? Out? Amused? Annoyed? Somewhere between? ;)

i kept my promise to keep trying . i see the files in my mc folder and when i load my game but a little frustrated i don't see them on my sims computer because i can't adjust anything. so i guess i'm still in.
    Hmm. Looks like my MC picture? And you have script and package mods enabled? The 2 green check boxes in the 2nd picture.

When you first start the game, are you seeing this?

31655s9.jpg

• BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Hmm. Looks like my MC picture? And you have script and package mods enabled? The 2 green check boxes in the 2nd picture.

31655s9.jpg

Have to steal this a little bit and ask: That blue note you showing - is this an indication that the mod has loaded properly in most cases? As mc_help was before?
    AMB.jpg
    Bloudwed wrote: »

31655s9.jpg

Have to steal this a little bit and ask: That blue note you showing - is this an indication that the mod has loaded properly in most cases? As mc_help was before?

Yes. And do NOT let that it still says 3.0.0 fool you, that's only a cosmetic error. He missed one number when he was updating UI stuff. Meh. You know? ;)

If you downloaded the hotfix, 3.0.1 is what you have. Message is just lazy. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top