Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Features (Not in the patch notes)

Comments

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    And "Ask to just be friends" by Kerwinkle
    06-02-16_45625nbspPM_zpsu8btj28q.png
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Thank you, @Zafireria :) I'll put up their pictures on the list.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I have been thinking we could do with more carpet options since September '14.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    There might also be an extra fix. The age groups in the info bubbles was missing and seems now to be back all the time :dizzy:
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    crinrict wrote: »
    There might also be an extra fix. The age groups in the info bubbles was missing and seems now to be back all the time :dizzy:

I think they also updated the icons to be more opaque. I feel like they used to be less... bright when they weren't missing. Am I going crazy?
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Wow, so many wonderful things! I LOVE this patch!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    There are subtle changes to the UI in several places. I thought the glass of the health potion was also looking different (in inventory). I haven't checked if they fixed all the broken inventory icons yet.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    crinrict wrote: »
    There are subtle changes to the UI in several places. I thought the glass of the health potion was also looking different (in inventory). I haven't checked if they fixed all the broken inventory icons yet.

It looks like they might be shifting the UI from their flat minimalist UI to a more vibrant, bubbly style.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    There are also metallic black/really dark grey recolours of most of the BG modern windows...

1d44ac9782.jpg

The first 2 are also recoloured but seem to be a little glitchy. The 3rd and 4th ones are BG modern but didn't get recolours.

a09bee10b0.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This patch is definitely bigger than what it seems.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    There are also metallic black/really dark grey recolours of most of the BG modern windows...

1d44ac9782.jpg

The first 2 are also recoloured but seem to be a little glitchy. The 3rd and 4th ones are BG modern but didn't get recolours.

a09bee10b0.jpg

Wow! Pinning up now!
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Well its was 1GB+ so yeah xD
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »

1.7 GB's.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

1.7 GB's.
    1.7* sorry xD still that big better contain goodies :tongue:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Is the ask to just be friends a breakup option?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    There are matching frame with light wood/glass door/arch recolours for the same BG set:

3aad1302d3.jpg

I checked the modern fences and gates with matching swatches. They didn't recolour those.
  • Options
    Kerwinkle wrote: »
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    Has anyone tried it? Does it really remove the romance bar, or does it just break up the relationship?

Hmm, just tried it with some random Sims. Unfortunately it doesn't take the bar away but also it doesn't make the bar completely red like when a breakup occurs. The bar will only be empty. Oh well.

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Bookmarking!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Has anyone tried it? Does it really remove the romance bar, or does it just break up the relationship?

Hmm, just tried it with some random Sims. Unfortunately it doesn't take the bar away but also it doesn't make the bar completely red like when a breakup occurs. The bar will only be empty. Oh well.

So it is a breakup option?

Does it work with married sims?
  • Options

So it is a breakup option?

Does it work with married sims?
    I sadly do not know. But here is the link to the original post. Try ask there.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888788/ask-to-just-be-friends-interaction#latest
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There is a new interaction for you to ask "Ask for just to be friends"

OMG -- I've been asking for that! Cool!
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Are there new recolours of Handscraped Wood Flooring? I think they are, because when I needed deep green flooring I had to use an OR one because BG didn't have any.

e024b72207.jpg

9da3dfed6b.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Are there new recolours of Handscraped Wood Flooring? I think they are, because when I needed deep green flooring I had to use an OR one because BG didn't have any.

e024b72207.jpg

9da3dfed6b.jpg

Kind of like what I was saying to @crinrict about the team moving away from flatter, more neutral colours to a more vibrant and rich pallette. It seems like their recolours are moving this way too.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Thank the heavens there are more carpet colors, lol. That's gotta be one of the best additions to this update. There were only what, two or three before?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Thank the heavens there are more carpet colors, lol. That's gotta be one of the best additions to this update. There were only what, two or three before?

Carpet's in mega-short supply this time around for sure. It was never a hot commodity in the last couple games but we've only got like 3 options this time around so the re-colours feel like blessings.