Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Just in case it doesn't pick up edited tags...
    @sabreene @ra3rei @mastressalita @putacece4lyfe
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    First, I actually think I have my short story written. :D I can't believe I had the inspiration to do it this time. lol However, I still need to go in game and get pictures yet. Plenty of time left.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Okay, I have my entry done! And amazingly, it isn't right in the last few days before the deadline this time! *shock gasp*

The Final Final Countdown

@Carewren123
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Goodness, I've been so short on time lately. Seems like 99.9% of it is consumed by either work or headaches (or both at the same time) and the remaining 0.1% is spread way too thin. Sorry this is so late!

The Last Christmas by @JoieWilder - Most Touching: This story was so sweet and endearing, I couldn't help but shed a few tears. Though it was ten years ago now, I lost a grandpa that was quite close to me just a few months before Christmas that year, and my whole family had been hoping he'd have "one more Christmas" with the family. It was so sweet to see Clare have such a nice holiday... and equally sweet that she got to share in her family's special moments after she was gone, too.

December Fool's Day by @Pegasus143 - Best Trollololol: Ya, I fell for this one, hook, line, and sinker. Even the kids didn't fall for it... *facepalm* If there were a superlative for "Most Gullable Forum Member" I guess we'd know who'd win that one, huh? ^_~ I didn't even get the title hint, it wasn't until I read the comments where everyone else was pointing out how clever it was that I did a double-take and went "Ooooooooh yaaaaaah..." *facepalm again* You got me good, Mak! Either way, I loved their Unbelievable Story (that I totally believed) thoroughly!

One Night by @CathyTea - Most Unique Perspective of Christmas: Christmas stories always tend to focus on togetherness, but a lot of people have families that have moved away, can't travel for whatever reasons, and do spend the holidays alone (I happen to be one of them) so it was so refreshing for me to see a story that focused on how a holiday can be spent alone, and how it can be a beautiful, serene thing, not the depressing lonely event most people would immediately associate with it. And I loved the yearly tradition that resulted from it, too! Lovely.

Twas the Week Before Christmas by @SilverDaybreak - Most Full of Holiday Cheer: This story had holiday spirit in abundance, from the Christmas jumpers to the festive decorations on that sunny porch (the fact Silver recolored the cement outside to try to get it as white as possible amuses me to no end, hahaha!) Everyone was having such a fun time, and I must say, CathyTea was really rocking her silver years on that violin. ^_~

For Auld Lang Syne by @sabreene - Best Narration: Going to have to be a sheep and follow the flock on this one, I absolutely loved the narration in this story! KC had a very distinct personality and it really showed through in the way the story was written.

Frozen Memories by @ra3rei - Best Message: I have a feeling most people can easily relate to either Violet ("allergic to Christmas"... I so love that!) or Laurie (tis the season, hurray!) so its very easy to understand both the characters and their feelings towards the holiday. I think most people have also witnessed conflicts between family traditions on the merging of families (You open your presents on Christmas morning? But we always do it on Christmas Eve night!) so I love how the message of this story was about not choosing a side, not picking a tradition and sticking with it, but creating new ones together.

No Matter What by @CitizenErased14 - Most Relatable: I haven't read D2D yet (yes, yes, you can all stone me now, I'm really busy! I'm going to try to load it in some sort of offline format if possible so I can read it on airline flights when I go on vacation next month...) so I don't have any special attachments to these characters yet. I don't know their backstories. What I do know is my own life situations, and there are several ways in which I can draw parallels to the situation in which Mel found herself in this story, so for me personally, this story was extremely relatable. It isn't an easy situation to be in, and can be a hard choice to make, but sometimes it's really the best choice.

Ninjapig and the Foodie Five Vs. The Meatball Menagerie by @Munterbacon - Would Make the Best New Syndicated Super Hero TV Show: Seriously, who wouldn't gladly watch Ninjapig and the Foodie Five have a new adventure every day as soon as you get home from school? (Homework? Pffffffft.) Actually, scratch that, I'd gladly watch that as an adult, and feel no shame. It would be full of amazing catchphrases, and all sorts of new villianous plots the Meatballs would throw their way, always to be thwarted in the end. And imagine the marketing! (I mean, they are already stuffed animals, so this is marketing gold!) Someone at Cartoon Network needs to get on this stat... just saying...

We Are Sisters Forever by @Spottydog714 - Most Creative Interpretation of the Theme: All of the stories incorperated an actual holiday in some way (Christmas, or the Sim-equivalent of Snowflake Day, New Years...) but this story created a unique holiday (celebrated on the same date as Christmas) to give the Amazon Challenge a backstory and that is just such a creative idea! I absolutely love that sort of "outside of the box" thinking!

Resolutions Resolved by @mastressalita - Best Cameo of a Celebrity Drag Queen in a Sim Story: Hey, if you find me another one, I'll gladly step down from this title!

A Christmas Change by @putacece4lyfe - Best Imagery: I absolutely adored the imagery in this story! From the look of the Sims, to the sets, to the way the shots were staged (those kiss scenes between Santa and Mrs. Claus warm my heart every time!) This story was just pure holiday magic, and you are reminded of it in every single image!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    *not bumping the thread*
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    No, no, @CitizenErased14 . You need to *fistbump* the thread. Like a Bro!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    No, no, @CitizenErased14 . You need to *fistbump* the thread. Like a Bro!

tumblr_nfxd1wmxHz1ry7whco1_500.gif
    Ba-la-la-la-la!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Right. Starting from scratch. Last minute entry, here I come! :D

EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi Everyone,

Here is my submission for the short story challenge of the month.

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/active-woods-generation-3-countdown-to-graduation-2/

I would also like to wish all those who entered a story this month all the best.

Silver

PS. Here is the link to the bonus pictures of Andrew's college years:

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/active-woods-generation-3-countdown-to-graduation/
    Post edited by SilverDaybreak on
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Just in time, I slide in with 4 days to spare...after having this story drafted all month. Ooops!

But here it is: What Happens at Zero?
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    @mastressalita Oh! Your story woke up so many memories!
    I also loved love this song :love:
    And these "refresh" "refresh" reminded me on the time of big sales on TS3 when I was hunting for favourite sets. LOL
    And the ending was unexpected for me.
  • Options
    @ra3rei Oh, I would never think of WooHooing in wardrobes in such way. It was thrilling.
  • Options
    Lovely stories everyone!
    Sorry that I don't comment on each - I'm too slow for this :(
  • Options
    It's okay @chealsycat :) (though there are so few entries this month that you've already read about half of them haha)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    (though there are so few entries this month that you've already read about half of them haha)

Do you know why there are so few stories posted so far for this month? It's because the theme is "The Countdown!"
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    (though there are so few entries this month that you've already read about half of them haha)

Do you know why there are so few stories posted so far for this month? It's because the theme is "The Countdown!"

Hahaha you are too funny @cathytea :tongue:

I've enjoyed this month's entries so far! :blush: (and, selfishly, I am excited to get more readers/comments on mine soon when the month is over hehehe. Being first always results in a long "dry spell" haha)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    It's okay @chealsycat :) (though there are so few entries this month that you've already read about half of them haha)

That's great. Maybe this time I'll manage to read them all before the end of the voting :# I'm always lagging behind :s
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2016
    *not bumping the thread*

sure your not.im kidding
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    ... (and, selfishly, I am excited to get more readers/comments on mine soon when the month is over hehehe. Being first always results in a long "dry spell" haha)
    @CitizenErased
    Oh, what a mortal combat for the last piece of pizza! :joy:
    Love the story!

And now off to continue my own "saga". I haven't written anything there for so long! :s
    I have to hurry up or at zero...
    my bears will come out of the wardrobes, where they were WooHooing recently and eat me up :fearful:
    Post edited by chealsycat on
  • Options
    Omg @chealsycat I am dying laughing at the thought of the Bears woohooing in the closet :lol: I will need to check out your story sometime, the idea sounds great! (And you could totally feature the bears in a future short story for the challenge! I'd totally LOVE it haha)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    PS: @chealsycat I love that you read and enjoyed my story. Thanks! :blush: Would you mind though maybe editing your comment or putting it in spoiler tags? I hate to ask haha I just don't want the "twist" of my story spoiled accidentally for people who haven't read yet :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Aaaah I really want to do a story this month but I've got so much stuff to do :( I'll try to make it last minute
  • Options
    I hope you can do it @Julyvee94 ! *waves pom poms*
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased Is that ok now?

As for the story, maybe one day. I tried several times, but I'm always too late :p