Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Boho Chic Make-over contest. Win a World! *Winners Announced*

Comments

• Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Misscow1P wrote: »
    I finished my family! Thank you for the CAS gifts. They were very helpful :)
    I'm going to see if I can make a good home for them and then upload my entries together
    I look forward to seeing your finished product! I'm glad you liked the gifts. :)

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I belive I got Pippi in my studio (with her dad) but I think they got cap patterens on them...

not reallly Boho... but.... if you want them http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3678108
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Does anybody working on this contest need anything from the Store to improve what they're doing? I'm feeling gifty...

@okester - that WIP is looking great! Love the deep porches and the interesting layout...
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Guess what, I finally got myself a new laptop! ;) And it's faaast.... :naughty: Sims 3 will be there in the next weekend :) Unfortunately the Store ads aren't working on this and I can't see why :heartbreak: I tough I was going to have a blast with them :wink:

I have my family almost done, I need to take a look at whats in their inventory so no one will be getting lags because of fishes and paintings and plants... :smiley: I have now to adults of the family abducted by aliens... :D I use too much smileys...
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    you might have some security set up that blogs the adds?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    as I said in the other thread... maybe "villa villekulla" would fit into your world

Villa-Villekulla.jpg

skc3a4rmavbild-2012-03-14-kl-23-41-50.png

hqdefault.jpg

not very chic.... but... vibrant and Scandinavian..... in a childish way
    I was thinking that looks very much like Pippi Longstocking, and looked it up on Wikipedia to find out that sure enough, that's exactly who it is, along with her house. I always loved the books and wanted a house like that so badly when I was growing up LOL I still do. :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • Options
    I don't know, @anettesb, I tried to look everything trough on Firefox and enabled everything on Store pages, but they didn't appear there. But luckily I didn't get rid of IE yet, because they work on that ;) That's fine, I will use it for ad hunting only :D
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    @whatsociallife , that hotel looks amazing! Would you do it as an actual resort, or spa, or what were you thinking?

@LadyGreenEyes , wonderful entry! That animal rug is great... what is that from? Did it come with AS, or one of the EPs?

I am glad rosemow answered, because I wasn't sure! I'd have had to look in the game. Apparently, it comes with Aurora Skies. I haven't had a lot of play time since I got that and other gifts, so I haven't sorted out what all goes with that yet. Nice issue to have, though! On that note, any win I have will be donated to someone. I have the worlds and venues, so this is more for fun for me, and to get something nice for someone else. :D
    Aaronsims wrote: »
    Well, we have our first entry! Wonderful job @LadyGreenEyes! It really looks great! You have so many wonderful little details. I won't get too specific with my praise because I don't want others to copy the details I say I like.

I was also wondering about the otomi rug (the one with the animals on it). I don't recognize it so was a bit worried it's CC or CAP. It checked out ok in custard so I'm assuming it's just something missed before. :)

Thanks! Thanks, too, for the gifts, and I saw the notes with those. I will be trying for a community lot as well, though no idea what sort yet! Something not too big, so it's easy to fit, I think. A family, too, maybe a couple for the cottage.
    NagyGina wrote: »
    @LadyGreenEyes , I absoluted :love: your Scandinavian Cottage, my favorite room is the kitchen, I want that kitchen in my home! The usage of greens (my second favorite color) is warm and welcoming, almost like having the kitchen outdoors! ;)

Thanks! I adore green myself, so I tend to use it a lot in my builds. I'd love an older house with cool painted cabinets as well.

To all - I will add that I can gift someone as needed, to help with the game, too, so respond if you really need this or that item. I've got some points to spare at this stage. I'll be running a contest myself, in a week or two, as well, and will announce in the CYS thread, so watch for it!

• Options
    Thank you @rosemow! I will, I jst have to make it work on Windows 8. I'll be back home for he weekend and that's when it starts ^^ Need to finish some sets before that so I can download mostly them and se etter if something ismissing in the future. Can't wait 'till that! A smooth running game? No 30 minutes downloading screens? No saving the game for 20 minutes? That would be lovely... I just fear what happens with W8, do I need to run it in W7 compatibility mode or what :S

Good for you @LadyGreenEyes :) Will you be joining the Club of Store owners soon?
  • Options
    Thank you sweet @Cogitotoro for your gifts! :blush:
  • Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Guess what, I finally got myself a new laptop! ;) And it's faaast.... :naughty:

Congrats on the new laptop! That is always exciting! I just got one a new one a few months ago and the difference is astonishing. I used to have time to run to the grocery store or get my taxes done before it would finish loading! ;)
    Thanks! Thanks, too, for the gifts, and I saw the notes with those. I will be trying for a community lot as well, though no idea what sort yet! Something not too big, so it's easy to fit, I think. A family, too, maybe a couple for the cottage.

You're very wcome for the gifts! I'm happy you plan to enter the other categories. Your first entry was lovely so I'm excited to see your next creations.
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    This is build number three, still not sure which I'll wind up submitting :grin: I drew some inspiration from an old issue of Southern Living. :lol:

6zvn9y.jpg
    2ryipmp.jpg
    2mmaf0w.jpg

I don't even have any art on the walls yet! :blush: This is so fun, thank you! :smiley:
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    Aww @gnlovew I love your house! It looks great! ^_^ I should go into my game and see about posting my wip sim....hmmm, thinking about this.
  • Options
    Thank you @RaeNic, I really like seeing the wip stuff. :grin: As long as the boss doesn't mind, I think it's fun! :smile: I'd love to see the sim you're working on. I'm finding making the family as complicated as building the house! :grin:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your WIP looks very nice! @gnlovew :) The layout is very nice! The exterior of the house and the stables are very nice! It looks very nice that you have used the water wheel in the build! The bales of hay and the windmill are nice touches in the build. It looks very nice how you have set up the harvestable garden area for the tractor to drive around! It looks very great! The pond is very nice. The furnishing of the interior looks very nice! The patterned floor rugs suit well the theme. The bedrooms are very nice! The bed patterns look very nice. It looks nice how you have angled the master bed into the corner nook. Nice sofa seat sitting area in the room for sims to enjoy sitting and relaxing whilst watching TV. The type of curtains you have used are nice. The wooden flooring gives a very nice look to the rooms. The white, blue, brown and touches of red colour scheme looks very nice. The white and red ceiling lights add nice touches to the rooms.
    The build is looking great! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow for you sweet comments! :smiley: It means a lot to me that you pay so much attention to the detail, and take the time to compliment me and the other creators. :smiley: I hope all is well in your world! :heart:
  • Options
    RaeNic wrote: »
    Aww @gnlovew I love your house! It looks great! ^_^ I should go into my game and see about posting my wip sim....hmmm, thinking about this.

Hello @RaeNic :) I will look forward to seeing your sim :)
  • Options
    MermaidInWonderlanMermaidInWonderlan Posts: 219 Member
    edited May 2015
    Everyone's creations look amazing so far!
    Here's a sneak peak at the exterior of my house. Definitely a work in progress but I'm happy with it so far!

ZBtJ1C4.jpg

• Options
    Your WIP is looking very nice! @MermaidInWonderlan :) The red colour of the exterior of the home looks very nice. Very nice roof covered front porchway! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows on the side of the build. It is a nice touch how you have placed a left and right open shutter window either side of the front door. The type of trees that have placed there look nice, and the wishing well is a nice touch in the build.
    The build is looking great! :)
  • Options
    Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    I can't figure out how to download custard properly. I don't use CC and I rarely download off the exchange so I doubt there will be a problem.
    @cogitotoro thanks for the content :)

Creator name: Misscow1P
    Creation title: Haugen Family
    Category: Family
    Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8665911 (both family and home)
    Individual sims:
    Noah Haugen http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8665909
    Agatha Haugen http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8665907
    Peony Haugen http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8665908
    Wilmer Haugen http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8665906
    Description: Ah, what a happy family! Noah is working hard at his Angler career with the help of his growing daughter Peony. Agatha has just joined the culinary career and can't wait to prove her talent. Meanwhile, their dog Wilmer keeps the home exciting.
    Noah is a level 5 angler, Peony is a level 3 angler, and Agatha is a level 4 cook and a level 2 painter (forgive me I got one of the levels wrong).
    Pictures:
    family.jpg
    Haugen Family

familyfishing.jpg
    Noah and Peony enjoy a lovely day fishing in their backyard.

familykitchen.jpg
    Agatha happily bakes a loaf of country bread for the family.

familyformal.jpg
    Noah happily watches as Agatha and Peony chat by the window.

familysnow.jpg
    The family enjoys a snow day together.
  • Options
    Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    Wow! This contest has been such a challenge. I've never had so much fun building as I did making this home. Maybe this week I'll build a commercial lot, too :)

Creator name: Misscow1p
    Creation title: Home by the Pond
    Category: Residential Lot
    Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8665911 (both lot and family)
    Description: A charming home for a family of three. Complete with one kitchen, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, and three living spaces. The house has been play tested and I have not noticed any areas where sims get stuck. There are no spawners placed in the pond, so you may rotate the lot without issues.
    Pictures:
    homefrontview.jpg
    Front view of home

homekitchen.jpg
    Kitchen

homelivingroom.jpg
    Living area (attached to kitchen)

homebedroom.jpg
    Peony's bedroom

homemasterbedroom.jpg
    Master bedroom
  • Options
    The Haugen family are very nice sims! @Misscow1P :) The background details that you have written about them are very nice. The outfits that they are wearing look very nice! Peony is cute! It is a very nice photo of Dad and daughter enjoying fishing together. I can smell the nice aroma of the freshly baked bread that Agatha has baked in her oven! It is a nice picture of Agatha and Peony chatting together at the dining table. Peony looks cute making snow angels in the snow!
    Their house, Home by the Pond, is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! It looks very nice how you have done the side steps. The placement of the windows in the build looks very nice. The flowers look pretty along the front edges of the home! It is nice that you have the chicken coop in the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The kitchen is very nice! The textures of the kitchen walls is nice, and very nice blue and red colour scheme of the furnishings. Agatha will enjoy cooking in the woodstove oven. The candles are a nice touch of the dining table. The type of dining seats that you have used suit well the home. The fireplace will keep the room warm whilst they are dining there. Very nice corner sofa seats sitting area! The pattern on the sofas looks nice. The scenic pictures and fruit themed wall decor on the wall are nice for the sims to look at whilst sitting chatting there. It looks nice how you have angled the table in the corner and placed the lamp on top of it. The wall and bed patterns in the bedrooms look so very nice! Very nice colour shades of the rooms! The yellow and pink flowers look pretty on the dresser and the bedside table in the bedrooms. The floral themed dresser in Peony's room looks nice. Very nice type of master bed that you have used! The patterned floor rugs are nice touches in the rooms.
    The family and the home are very nice! :)
  • Options
    Ooh, lovely new entries! :blush:

Want to hear my newest complaint? :D It seems I was cheated when I bough this laptop (as used), it was ment to have a terabyte of memory and there were only 1/10 of it, that thing (that I have no idea what it is even in Finnish) was changed from the original, and there should have been about 18 months of warranty left, but nope, it ended a few months ago. I learned form my last mistake, when I bought a SLR camera and the seller never mentioned it was broken, and yet this happened again. I refuse to buy electronics as new, and this was the last time for a loooong time I buy anything used, if I always get conned.

Lacking the will to open my old computer, it seems even more slow after this one, but that would be impossible :D I love it how many people are inspired by this contest! I think I'll need to make my own Bohemian Skies after this :smile: I love the town the new trees, but I'm a bit disappointed by the mountain ash, it has purple rowans :open_mouth: