Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Boho Chic Make-over contest. Win a World! *Winners Announced*

Comments

• Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Looks like this constest is really testing us :wink: Oh boy when this is finished...

I'm sorry to hear you and @MariTomKaulitZ are having troubles with your builds today. :( I'm at work right now so I can only get online on my phone and it's a bit difficult to see the picture of what's wrong. When I get home I'll check it out on my computer and take a closer look.

I want to remind you both that make-overs of existing EA lots from the game are now allowed, and you're also allowed to enter two lots now: one residential and one community lot. Maybe it would help to clear your heads by working on a make-over for a while? That could also help you experiment with the theme.

Speaking of the theme... Please don't stress too much trying to get to exactly what you think the theme is. I suspect that you understand the theme more than you realize and are maybe just over thinking things. It's meant to be fun and whimsical, so just create something that you think is pretty and includes a few of the elements from the theme. The pictures I posted are just examples to give ideas.

I wish you both happier building!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The shell of your resort build looks very nice! @whatsociallife :) Very nice exterior design of the home! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! Very nice balconies. The roofing looks very nice!
    Enjoy working on your build! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your builds @MariTomKaulitz and @SilvaKristiina . I hope that your new WIP goes better for you MariTomKailitz and that your issue with the missing items fixes itself up SilvaKristiina.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

The decor is a real challenge - trying not to make those colour schemes look gawdy.

Yeah I agree with you that it can easily get gaudy with all of the bright colors. When I've been working on my own builds for the world, something that I find helps is to only have a few key pieces of painted wood and the rest is natural wood. Also mixing in some neutral fabrics with the brightly colored patterned pieces.

The outside of your hotel looks like it's off to a great start and the description sounds really fun!

Post edited by Aaronsims on
  • Options
    Ok, I've noticed a few people seem to be worried about the deadline, so I've decided to extend it by a week. It will also now end on a Sunday rather than a Friday to accommodate those that have more time on weekends for simming.

The NEW deadline for submissions will be Sunday, June 14 at 11:59 pm.

I hope that helps to take a bit of pressure off and gives everyone the time they need to complete their creations! :smiley:
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for the extension @Aaronsims :) I have entrance exams almost a week in a row in the beginning of June so this could be my relaxation between them!

Don't get me wrong, I have this kind a love/hate relationship with WIPs that I have and really care for. Same goes to real life aswell, I'm too bad of a perfectionist if I know what I want :D(I just usually don't wich is actually a good thing...) In Sims it mostly developes by itself so I get something done :smiley:

I see this missing Store content is a huge problem, I've only heard about it and wished I wouldn't have to deal with that problem too. I think Sims 3 might be the buggiest game in history with lack of intention of fixing them that has this much paying users. How did they do that, other game companies wonder... Or then they have the pride not to let anything this broken to be bought :neutral: This PC doesn't run Second Life, if it did I just might have switched to that a long time ago... It seems I have to re-instal ALL my Store content and I don't feel like doing it now, that would take a whole day with this slow machine. If the problem stays as it is, I might just live with it until I get a new PC. I've been buying that thing for over 18 months now so I have no idea when thats going to happen, but most likely not during this competition :flushed:

I wait getting Katy Perry Sweet Treats through mail this week! I need it only for one thing but I'm sure I come up with other ideas too :blush:

I'm already badly Off Topicing here, so was just wondering due to the theme of this, if here's any Swedish person reading these pages? :relaxed:

Now I quit my monolog! Have a nice day everyone.

EDIT: They're back! The game crashed yesterday and today I installed new stuff from Store and deleted all caches, LauncherLog, Presents and dumpster files, started the game and everything works again! Fiuh, what a relief!
    Post edited by Silvakristiina on
  • Options
    NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    Aaronsims wrote: »
    NagyGina wrote: »
    Everyone's pictures and ideas look so awesome! :)

@Aaronsims , would it be okay if in my Give a Creative Gift Game that I tag your thread to my Creation Wishlist for you?

Of course! Your contest looks like a lot of fun! Hope you have a great turn out. :)
    Also a reminder to everyone that enters, @NagyGina is also running a contest, and she is allowing everyone who enters my contest to also submit their entry to hers contest as well. I don't think hers is open to submissions yet, but be sure to check it out. It sounds like a lot of fun! Here is the link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/833471/give-a-gift-of-creation-game-wishlist-wipeout-or-large-simpoint-item-drawn-monday-see-details/p1
    Thank you so much @Aaronsims ! :)

@LadyGreenEyes , I absoluted :love: your Scandinavian Cottage, my favorite room is the kitchen, I want that kitchen in my home! The usage of greens (my second favorite color) is warm and welcoming, almost like having the kitchen outdoors! ;)

@whatsociallife , I cannot wait to see the final build for your resort. I have to totally agree with @rosemow here:
    rosemow wrote: »
    The shell of your resort build looks very nice! @whatsociallife :) Very nice exterior design of the home! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! Very nice balconies. The roofing looks very nice!
    Enjoy working on your build! :)

@Cogitotoro , I absolutely :love: that wall!! So sorry you are having crashing issues! :(

@MariTomKaulitZ , I hope that all your issues will work out!

@Silvakristiina , I love the wood grain of your build. And I am really glad that you were able to get your stuff installed and issues resolved. I look forward to seeing your finished build. :)

I know I did miss a few to comment on, but everyone is doing so well (even if you feel you are not) and I look forward to seeing all your entries!

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Looks like this constest is really testing us :wink: Oh boy when this is finished...

I'm sorry to hear you and @MariTomKaulitZ are having troubles with your builds today. :( I'm at work right now so I can only get online on my phone and it's a bit difficult to see the picture of what's wrong. When I get home I'll check it out on my computer and take a closer look.

I want to remind you both that make-overs of existing EA lots from the game are now allowed, and you're also allowed to enter two lots now: one residential and one community lot. Maybe it would help to clear your heads by working on a make-over for a while? That could also help you experiment with the theme.

Speaking of the theme... Please don't stress too much trying to get to exactly what you think the theme is. I suspect that you understand the theme more than you realize and are maybe just over thinking things. It's meant to be fun and whimsical, so just create something that you think is pretty and includes a few of the elements from the theme. The pictures I posted are just examples to give ideas.

I wish you both happier building!

Thank you! And don't worry; I'm definitely still having a lot of fun! I'm just a bit of a perfectionist haha. I might finish my first WIP sometime later, and send it to you just for fun. But for now, I'm gonna work on my new little cottage :)

Thank you @rosemow and @NagyGina ! <3 Happy Simming everyone!
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    Oh my gosh, still so excited about this! During my internetless time, :cry: , I built another farm, this one based more on the farms around me. Oh, and a business, :blush: , can you tell I love the theme of this challenge? :smiley:
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    haha I wrote this hours ago, but had to run out of the house before I was able to push post. Hope you're all having a great day!!

@Aaronsims Thank you for the gifts! I'm working on this but I want to tweak the sim I already have atm. She's not quite right. I was just looking to see what other hairs and clothes I could buy to make her better, so this is perfect. I also want to try to remodel a house. So yeah. :)

Everyone, your pictures look great! I'm going to need to look up some inspiration. I'm so excited about this! XD
  • Options
    gnlovew wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, still so excited about this!
    RaeNic wrote: »
    Everyone, your pictures look great! I'm going to need to look up some inspiration. I'm so excited about this! XD

Im excited that you're both excited! My ideas are often sort of off the wall so I was worried nobody would understand what I was trying to do with this contest. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Thank you @Aaronsims ;)

Thanks @NagyGina!

Unfortunately, it was too early to say that the problem was fixed. I honestly thought that I solved it, but how could things fix that easily with Sims, really. I should have known better. Well, yesterday it took me three hours to instal a venue and a few single items because they just wouldn't start installing, went to sleep and today I got a message telling a part of the stuff is missing and replaced, inculing my new venues. The lots were there though with only the long item name so I tried to open one and the game crashed. I could try to make a new game and install all the Store content back to it, but I have really better things to do than spend atleast a whole day on that, like playing the game that has cost a big amount of money and time to make it work properly... I've read a few discussion over the subject where lots of people complain about this with no answer. Some things have worked for some, but their all much work and some seem to have not found a solution at all and EA hasn't answered to this. My bf doesn't get me paying for this, he bought me The Sims Medieval so I could play it at his place, and it took two days to get the Launcher work! He almost wanted his money back already... :D Why do they have to put the Launcher everywhere when it never works. This is Off Topic again, I should go seek a trouble shooting thread and complain there instead :blush:

I have the family almost ready and the house has a shell, yey! :D I think I should concentrate to the family to get it uploaded, so I have it there when I reinstall everything...

EDIT: Found an explanation and good advice that I didn't see before here. And I sent a little note for EA too... Seems like the risk of losing stuff will always be there, since EA wont be fixing this problem. Here might be one reason, I installed Fast Lane and didn't register it becouse I have no need to. The problems started right after that. Maybe I should try that, although most my EP's aren't registered.
    Post edited by Silvakristiina on
  • Options
    EddessaEddessa Posts: 98 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Aaronsims thank you for the gifts! The building is going great and even having a go at the family. Now everything is in the testing stage (work has been so crazy lately!! I almost forgot the stairs..... lol ) I love the uploads so far. So great to see everyone having fun with this one! :smiley:
  • Options

I have the family almost ready and the house has a shell, yey! :D I think I should concentrate to the family to get it uploaded, so I have it there when I reinstall everything...

EDIT: Found an explanation and good advice that I didn't see before here. And I sent a little note for EA too... Seems like the risk of losing stuff will always be there, since EA wont be fixing this problem.

Sorry to hear you continue to have issues with your game. How frustrating that must be, but it sounds like you've hopefully found some good advice to help you. I'm happy to hear that you seem to be feeling better about your contest entries though!

• Options
    Eddessa wrote: »
    @Aaronsims thank you for the gifts! The building is going great and even having a go at the family. Now everything is in the testing stage (work has been so crazy lately!! I almost forgot the stairs..... lol ) I love the uploads so far. So great to see everyone having fun with this one! :smiley:

I can't wait to see what you've come up with! I hope things calm down at work for you... unless you like it crazy that is. ;)
  • Options
    EddessaEddessa Posts: 98 Member
    LOL sometimes @Aaronsims - I sure could use a break in the craziness though :)
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    So I've started a thread for the Greenhouse WIP I'm working on to contribute to this world. It's coming along, but any thoughts or observations would be very welcome! It's fun to try to get into this theme, although it's stretching my abilities a bit...

Here's one of the pics:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    So I've started a thread for the Greenhouse WIP I'm working on to contribute to this world. It's coming along, but any thoughts or observations would be very welcome! It's fun to try to get into this theme, although it's stretching my abilities a bit...
    I commented on your other thread but I wanted to say again how much I'm liking your WIP and also that I appreciate that you're working on something for the theme just for fun! It's such a fun concept and will go perfectly in the world we're creating! :smiley:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    as I said in the other thread... maybe "villa villekulla" would fit into your world

Villa-Villekulla.jpg

skc3a4rmavbild-2012-03-14-kl-23-41-50.png

hqdefault.jpg

not very chic.... but... vibrant and Scandinavian..... in a childish way
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    I finished my family! Thank you for the CAS gifts. They were very helpful :)
    I'm going to see if I can make a good home for them and then upload my entries together

@Cogitotoro The greenhouse is absolutely beautiful!
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Finally started my build! Here's my WIP:

Screenshot_zpsmvvqc2jk.jpg

The inspiration pic I got from Google is apparently of a church in a Slovakian village that uses Scandinavian architectural motives, which is (according to the site) unusual for the time in which the church was built.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    @anettesb, I was thinking about Ville Villekulla too :D Since a kid I've wanted a house like that... And the original Moomin house dollhouse. I tried to search for the houses in two Finnish childrens movies, Heinähattu ja Vilttitossu] (trailer with English text, not much of the house) and Onneli ja Anneli (trailer, no English text, but you can see the house nicely) to share with you, but I couldn't find enough good pictures. I love the the first movie, the other I haven't seen yet, but the houses in them are wonderfull. If you can get your hands on them, just watch them :)

I happened to found this Google Pictures page by accident. So cute pics :blush:

I got atleast most of my missing Store content working, and now Now and Then and Prism Art items are working, but the lots are still missing :D Well, better this way atleast.
  • Options
    Your WIP is looking nice! @okester :) Very nice design of the exterior. It is nice that you are basing it on an inspiration photo that you have found of a Slovakian Church with a Scandinavian theme. Enjoy working on your build!

I have posted about WIP on your other thread @Cogitotoro :) It is looking so very nice!
  • Options
    okester wrote: »
    Finally started my build! Here's my WIP: The inspiration pic I got from Google is apparently of a church in a Slovakian village that uses Scandinavian architectural motives, which is (according to the site) unusual for the time in which the church was built.
    Looks like you're off to a great start! The inspiration pic sounds perfect because it's a mix of Scandinavian and other European influences. Your WIP makes me think the inspiration pic must look like a Norwegian Stave church which are really lovely.
  • Options
    @anettesb, I was thinking about Ville Villekulla too :D Since a kid I've wanted a house like that... And the original Moomin house dollhouse. I tried to search for the houses in two Finnish childrens movies, Heinähattu ja Vilttitossu] (trailer with English text, not much of the house) and Onneli ja Anneli (trailer, no English text, but you can see the house nicely) to share with you, but I couldn't find enough good pictures. I love the the first movie, the other I haven't seen yet, but the houses in them are wonderfull. If you can get your hands on them, just watch them :) I got atleast most of my missing Store content working, and now Now and Then and Prism Art items are working, but the lots are still missing :D Well, better this way atleast.
    Those are some very cute links that you and @anettesb have posted. A child's cottage would be really fun to have in the game. :)