Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    @IreneSwift, Smh at Eduardo the party crasher. I actually hate those in game. Even the parties I try to make restrictive have a few gate crashers.
    @Colorist40 I love Frank and his expressions :) Why is Frank teaching Drac's kids to talk and not Drac himself? Lol
    @MayaRose1138 Love your house decorating and color schemes. Oh wow congrats to Charity and Athena on their engagements but bad bad Blossom with a new romantic interest! Lol I still need to toy around with the settings in Story Progression.
    @Zabeth0, She sure wants to. But I don't know how she's going to have time to write her book when she's in the middle of college and also wanting to travel and be a ghost hunter - that girl's got so much going on I don't know how I keep up with her sometimes, lol. But Aunt Maggie is pretty much the cause her mother, Savannah, is a writer, too. You can make the argument that Maggie was the biggest influence on Savannah growing up and not Savannah's mother. The young blond boy is Sawyer, the youngest of the kids. I have a story about him too, for later.

Okay, so costume choices, I've got an astronaut from @IreneSwift, a diver or soccer player from @TadOlson, and an alien or pirate from @Zabeth0. Decisions, decisions.

While we wait, though, here's another brief little update from the crazy world of Sierra Jolina Plumb Cheesman.

A Face From Her Past

sierra-lily_zpsc4a8c125.jpg

Screenshot-2590_zpsfec7a083.jpg

When Sierra was in high school, she began kinda-sorta dating this girl, named Lily Richards. Lily was the daughter of two old family friends, Kiki and Lawrence Richards. But Sierra's temper soon put Lily off. In fact, when Lily showed up to the library in Hidden Springs to study with a male pal, Sierra went ballistic.

They hadn't seen each other since that day. Sierra had been sent to Fort Starch Military Academy, began taking college-level courses, completed high school early, and entered Sims University ahead of schedule. She hadn't heard from Lily the entire two weeks she'd been hospitalized, either.

Screenshot-999_zps3f243f06.jpg

Sierra decided to go to the gym for a quick burst workout. After the workout she decided to go to the bathroom (ladies this time Lol) to clean up. She saw a girl walk in who looked familiar. It couldn't be, Sierra thought to herself. I know that's not who I think it is.

Screenshot-1001_zps91a0d65d.jpg

Sierra turned around. Her heart skipped a few beats when she realized it was indeed her ex, Lily.

Screenshot-1006_zps1e253a32.jpg

"Sierra."
    Sierra took a deep breath. "Oh, hi, Lily. What are you doing here?"
    "I'm starting college this semester."
    "Really."

Screenshot-1005_zps0593d8f4.jpg

"You hurt me, Sierra! You hurt me! I didn't hear from you for months on end."

Screenshot-1004_zpsd1056dc5.jpg

"Well, Lily," Sierra replied coolly, "you could have called. I didn't hear from you at all."
    "But I tried, Sierra, I tried calling everybody. No one seemed to know where you were. It was like you vanished. Finally your sister told me you'd gone to Fort Starch, and then your mom told me you'd been in the hospital. So, what have you been up to? I bet you're still the best athlete in school."
    "Got a lot going on, actually."
    Finally Lily paused. "Think we still have a shot?"
    Sierra simply glared at her, as if examining a rock.

Notes:
    • Sierra came back from prom with a red heart next to Lily's picture in her relationship panel. They only remained romantic interests and the relationship never went further.
    • SP has hooked up AJ with a new lady love, Laura Mitchell, I think she's a musician. I actually hope he's finally done with Samantha this time. Especially with Sam's track record.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Colorist40 I love Frank's little grumpy faces. :D Justin and Gary are too funny, lol. Toddlers really are funny at times, lol.

@TadOlson Great update!

@MayaRose1138 I really like that house. :) It's very green and colorful. :D Also, very nice update. The kids are adorable. :) Is this from your Rainbowcy or is this another Sim story that you're doing?

@MayaRose1138 Yes, Raquelle is a toddler now, and yes she does have her father's blonde hair, which I'm happy about. I'll show a picture of her in the next update, lol.
    The only venues that are showing up are the World of Wonder, The Boardwalk, and The Prism Art Studio. I don't know why the others aren't showing up and I wonder if anyone else is having that problems.
    As for the maternity, I found them in the Clothing (Maternity) section on MS3B. I think they have a few pregnancy morphs for the Stuff Packs and some of the Store clothing in there. I don't know if they're default replacements, but I'm sure you could find some that you like.

@Zabeth0 I'm so glad you enjoy my update, lol. Thanks for the comments, also very interesting update. :)

@venusdemilosims It's nice to see someone from Sierra's past, although I don't think Lily ever moved on even though Sierra apparently did. Let's hope Lily doesn't do anything too horrible even though she seems very hurt.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I think I will start my current household over and redo stuff a bit. I will retry building and stay in the house little longer.
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    e6ovis.jpg

Jae: "Daddy, I'm concerned I will do poorly in school."

Jake: "You are? Oh, good! Then you probably won't. As long as you are paying attention and being polite, you should do well. Though there is something you'll need to know. Something very important."

jz7bjr.jpg

Jae: She listened intently.

Jake: "You know how shows and movies on t.v. aren't real? They are stories for entertainment purposes, and then there are commercials with the express purpose of making people want to buy things?"

Jae: "Yes, father?"

Jake: "And you know how when you watch Star Wars you don't tell people that those star destroyers are actually little models, and not space ships at all? Oh, and that since space is a vacuum none of those explosions should generate sound?"

2cpxfgy.jpg

Jae: "Yes, father, that's rude, and it takes away from the story."

Jake: "Exactly...Don't correct your history teacher..."

Jae: "Yes, father."
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Uh Ellery? I think you forgot something. :s
    sayxqw.jpg

Rylie's pregnant with her girlfriend Sicowkaksin's baby.
    28lg8bc.jpg

For the love of! Ellery put some clothes on! :s
    wi7qsn.jpg

Sicowkaksin [Rylie's girlfriend] picks up Landon [Rylie's son.]
    2exsp3q.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    *Starts singing* This girl is on fireeeeeeee!
    28ltkye.jpg

Ok I am officially creeped out. She looks possessed, but if I was on fire I suppose I would act like a crazed demon wailing at the top of my lungs lol.
  • Options
    @AiHaou... Owwww that has to hurt. Lol

@LunBeauty you always take lovely piccies. I know you hadn't come back yet when I first started posting here, beginning of September I think, but for a little background on Sierra and Skylar's family.

(I apologize to the rest of you who are familiar with the Jolina-Plumbs)

The family has existed in some form since the base game. Its accidental founders are Jamie Jolina (from Sunset Valley) and my created sim, Nigel Plumb.

Screenshot-102.jpg

Their son Nathan was the result of a one-night stand between the two. Nigel and Jamie shared custody, and the boy bounced between Nigel's farm and Jamie's house in Sunset Valley.

Screenshot-153.jpg

When Nathan was a young boy, he watched his father die. It left a great impact on the child.

Screenshot-19.jpg

Nathan was a musical prodigy. His incredible talents even got the attention of the Grim Reaper itself.

nathan_zps15cdd673.jpg

Screenshot-286_zps05aca57c.jpg

Screenshot-1533_zps398d2e4c.jpg

Even though Nathan was not born to wealth, he grew up to become a hit movie composer... and fabulously wealthy.

Screenshot-171_zps05373ef6.jpg

Nathan married a polymath musician, Shandra Summers from Twinbrook (the self-sim of a friend) and had 2 children with her, Savannah and Sebastian.

graduate_zps32d25fe3.jpg

After a wild adolescence and a life of adventure, Savannah settled down, cultivated a successful writing and ghost hunting career, and married her former high school classmate, Andrew Cheesman. He gave up a promising athletic career...

kids_zpsfca93161.jpg

... to raise the 5 kids they had together. He was their primary parent because Savannah's career kept her away from home for long periods of time.

Sierra and Skylar, the two in question, are babies 3 and 4 of Savannah and Andrew. In the pic Skylar is the one in the middle and Sierra is on the end. Sierra, as you know, is currently in college, and Skylar is a teen. The older two, Andrew Jr. (AJ) and Sage, the two on the left side, have graduated from college and are moved out of the house.

No apologies needed. Getting new or turning people updated on your family is not a crime lol. It is nice you do that. I know it is not easy to post and repost things lol.
  • Options
    In case anyone still cares...
    STORY UPDATE

Okay so here’s a little background:

Aidan Aikan is a law enforcement officer that married vampiress Justine and had twins, one human Harietta, one vampire Henry. Aidan gets abducted and impregnated with alien daughter Eloise Anne. Justine dies and haunts Aidan. Dealing with his wife’s death, he goes into a fit of depression and ships his 3 children off to boarding school to focus on his career and deal with personal issues: ie seeing an appariton of his late ghost vampire wife. Aidan has intimate gay relations with his male maid, breaks it off when he realizes it’s a mistake, only for his male maid to retaliate vengefully and steal his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 while Aidan is off saving the town from the sim mafia. Aidan remarries, to a beautiful woman Kaylynn Langerak. His ghost vampire wife grows jealous and torments the new wife all throughout Kaylynn’s pregnancy. Kaylynn gives birth to a healthy girl named Willow. Henry gets kicked out of boarding school because he nearly kills a student, causes mayhem in Sunset Valley, costing his father multiple thousands of simoleon damage. He remains on house arrest as as a delinquent. His good-y two-shoe twin, Harietta, graduates early and moves back home - only to start dating, local rich boy PJ Wayne, which causes Aikan great strife. Eloise Anne gets pulled from boarding school after she is bullied repeatedly for being part alien and starts failing in school, so Aikan homeschools her. Kaylynn becomes pregnant again (after a ridiculous long rest period) and has twins: Kaya and Katrina. Eloise Anne has a teen alien pregnancy and gives birth to Aidan’s first grandson: Eliron.

Henry cleans up his act and manages to sign-up for the military, his alien sister managing to erase his criminal history. He is deployed overseas and marries his girlfriend, Genevieve AKA Genny, who then moves to Bridgeport to pursue her acting career while her husband fights for sims everywhere. But Genny is pregnant - is it Henry’s? Or could it possibly be a popular celeb’s baby, the particular celeb Genny has been reportedly seen with often on in the city of lights.

Harietta moves out as an adult and marries long-term boyfriend/high school sweetheart, rich boy Phillip James Wayne, or PJ for short. They buy an empty lot and build their newlywed home together. Eloise Anne moves with her sister along with Eliron, leaving Aidan Aikan with 3 kids to finish raising and an oh-so-supportive wife.

And that’s what you missed on The Aikans. XD

So, I will be posting updates from all three familes: Harietta, Henry, and Aidan. :3 Byeeeeeee~

You can follow on my simblr :D

Why does Aiden object to P.J. He is rich, and that is a plus. Is he of bad character? He married her it seems so that is good. I hope it works out for them.
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Page 312

@Celiria Well, maybe someday I will buy Sims 4, if they're adding in the things for free that they left out, that I'm not willing to play without. Toddlers is a must, and babies that can be interacted with. But even if I do, it will be a long, long time, because I still have so much to do in Sims 3, and I found out when I installed the Sims 2 UC that going back and forth between the two, I just can't get adjusted to the viewing angle that I dislike so intensely in Sims 2, enough to enjoy playing it for more than a few minutes at a time. So my couple that I made and liked so much is sitting there on my laptop never seeing the light of day again since only a few days after I made them.

You're right about Hal. That's the way I was trying to portray him. Nobody is perfect, including Kristy. He's sincerely sorry, and realizes now that nothing else in his life is worth being put ahead of her, and he really wants to be the man she needs him to be. And he knows better than to think she's going to take his word for it without seeing proof in long-term changed behavior on his part.

Page 313

@Colorist40 I didn't intend to imply that you should try to post your updates more often than you planned, only that when you go for a longer time than usual without posting, I do miss them.

Me too on Sims being the only thing I do for fun anymore, and on not having as much self-control as I should with regard to playing for fun.

Most of my sims are pretty much loners and homebodies too, like me. I usually end up getting them all the recreational items they ever use at their own homes, so they don't need to go out to have fun together as families. Because of how long it takes to do most things, when they go out, they always end up being away from home much too late before they can get back and get to bed. With their recreation at home, the long travel time after I realize it's bedtime doesn't add to their lateness.

Well, Kristy really can't afford a lifetime off work. The house she's in is still quite expensive, even after removing so much of it, and the bills would eventually go through all of her money if she doesn't bring in more. But she can afford to take time off when she needs to, to catch up on things. Besides for that, once she reaches level 10 in the culinary career, she needs to move on to a different town and different career, and I don't want to move her away too quickly. I really like the house she's in. I plan on having her living in one of the pre-made houses that's already in each of the worlds, not copying a favorite and moving it with her.

OK, that isn't the word I was thinking. That one I absolutely cannot understand why it would be censored. That's ridiculous. Maybe the forum would like pizza parlor better?

I suppose Bartus could be somewhat right, but he still needs to allow time for Fiona to reconcile herself to the situation before expecting her to agree to marry Shrek at all. Push it through too quickly, and she'll put on the brakes, in one way or another.

We saw a movie several years ago called “Human Trafficking,” about teen girls and young women trafficked to brothels in the U.S. from Eastern Europe. One of the early scenes involved one of the traffickers threatening one of the teen girls, as he sent her to a motel where a man was waiting for her, that if she didn't do as she was told, they knew where her sister was. She said she'd do whatever he said, but when she got there, the client was so morbidly obese and ugly, she gagged at the thought of it and threw herself through the third story window to her death. I wouldn't put it past Fiona to be so repulsed at the thought of marrying Shrek that she'd lose whatever resolve she had at the last minute and do something similar, if she isn't given enough time to thoroughly work up the strength she needs to make herself go through with it.

@MayaRose1138 Obviously, the purpose of giving away the free content is to persuade those of us who don't have Sims 4 to buy it so we can qualify for the Sims 3 stuff. There's so little left that I want, and can actually get at my patch level, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

@LunBeauty So, it's the size of the house preventing you from adding more kids? Bunk beds can make it possible to get more in than the house would otherwise hold. But I'm sure you already know that, so it must be that there isn't room even with those.

The outfit I was referring to as Harold's work outfit, when I made that first comment about his hair being so short that he didn't look like the same person, was the military uniform he had on when Cadence told him she was expecting another child.

So, then the suit he was wearing in the other one, with hair so much shorter, is that his new everyday outfit? I thought that one was his formalwear.

I wouldn't bother deleting a house that already has a somewhat separate area that could be used as an apartment, just to build 2 houses on the same lot either, even though I do feel I could pull it off OK. Why do the extra work, and then have more work to get it to work as you play? With their homes being in the same building, it's easier than with separate homes.

Those toddler interactions from TS2 sound so cute. I'll have to make myself play my Sims 2 game sometime so I can see them. Maybe when we go to Florida for our daughter's wedding, I'll play that one on my laptop instead of starting a Sims 3 game I won't play again once we get back home anyway.

How many potties do you have in the house anyway? I don't usually have more than one for only two toddlers, unless there's a matter of stairs preventing them from reaching a potty without the parents taking them to it. Even then, I'll only add another one if they're in the other location a lot.

You're talking about Harold's new hair coming from the Pets EP?

I see. I have all my sims eat at the same time, twice a day. They're on low free will, so they don't get food on their own unless they're starving.

Well it is good to know you miss them lol. I hope to have another Anson update next week sometime. Sisters also.

Yep there is no place like home lol. I like being in it especially when the anxiety kicks up. I agree I love the house she is in as well. It is so comfy. I always use premade houses or build my own cruddy home on the lot. I find it hard to find big enough lots to move houses into new worlds. I have had to abandon houses in another world as I could not find a lot to place it on.

What word were you thinking? lol I want to know lol.

Well Barthus figures knowing the situation she knows she has no choice. Even if they end up dead, she knows things will not go good for her either if she refuses, and he is banking on that.

Yeah but maybe shrek isn't as repulsive to her as that guy was to her. On the other hand..... lol maybe an open window would be a temptation lol.
  • Options
    Saturday was the fall holiday, and Kristy wanted to give a feast party. She finished learning the stuffed turkey recipe, then she went to City Hall for her speaking opportunity. Her charisma skill bar received enough of a boost to bring it up to 100%, but she needed 3 more friends and 14 more relationships before her skill could actually increase to level 10.

1speakingopportunityatcityhall.jpg

When Kristy returned home, she started cooking. She made pumpkin pie and cheese plate, but had to wait until 5 PM before she could start the turkey. As she finished the cheese plate, she achieved the World-Class Chef skill challenge, meaning she can prepare meals faster. She had now completely mastered cooking and all of its challenges. The timing couldn't have been better, since guests always come to parties early. It wouldn't be so much of a problem to have the turkey ready in time. (I wish sims would wish to have holiday parties the day before the holiday!)

2cookingforthefeastparty.jpg

She started a new painting while I watched the clock for her, and she was able to finish the turkey before anyone arrived.

3paintingbeforetheparty.jpg

4preparingtheturkey.jpg

The first guest arrived, bearing food, more than an hour before the stated time for the party. I think he was especially eager to see Kristy. It was Jed Jeffries, the university mascot that had come to her house the day she moved in. (See, I told you he's cute without his mascot suit!)

5firstguestarrives.jpg

He is very attracted to her, and as the other guests arrived and formed the usual group conversation, every alternate interaction in her queue was of Jed talking to her, even with 3 other sims present. He didn't always take kindly to someone else “butting in” to politely take a turn talking with her, either.

6groupconversation.jpg

The other invited guests were Camillo and Simona Mancini, Kristy's coworkers. There was also an uninvited guest, Eduardo GilsCarbo (in the blue jacket). It was Eduardo's wife, Carlotta, who had approached Kristy at the gym and asked her to feel her pregnant tummy. Kristy and Carlotta had since become friends, but Kristy had not tried to make friends with Eduardo. He should have sent Carlotta to the party instead of going himself.

Thanks to Eduardo crashing the party, Kristy wasn't able to eat at the kitchen table with her guests. There was a reason she had only invited 3 people!

7notenoughroomatthetable.jpg

Thanks a lot, Eduardo!

8thanksaloteduardo.jpg

After the meal, Kristy and the invited guests went upstairs and played dominoes. Another reason Kristy had only invited three guests to her party!

9playingdominoes.jpg

Eduardo would have been welcome to go upstairs with them to play his guitar or even use Kristy's computer or TV, but he stayed downstairs in the living room and played his guitar until it was time for the guests to leave. I don't know why he's so hungry. He ate at the same time everybody else did.

10eduardoplayinghisguitar.jpg

Somehow, at the end of the party, Kristy gained another celebrity star. Eduardo was a celebrity, but with only one star like her. I thought sims could only get celebrity by socializing from a bigger celebrity than themselves. This is not a positive development. Now other sims may intrude on her privacy more, asking her for autographs, and even following her home, when she goes out in public. So long as she doesn't do anything to gain more celebrity points, the ones she has will slowly decrease, but she's reaching the point in her career where she will gain points for every promotion or raise she gets. She will need to reach a high level of celebrity later, when she moves to Bridgeport and goes into the film career, but she doesn't need it now!

Wow mastered the cooking skill does that mean she will be moving in the very near future, or just the near future? How annoying you have to have so many friends and relationships to get to level 10 of charisma, that is why I never try. I could cheat, but nah.

I cracked up at the whole crashing the party thing. I loved it. I know kristy didn't find it funny, but it was hilarious. Seeing her sitting alone not the fact she was, but the way you wrote it made me laugh. Yeah thanks a lot EDUUUUAAAARRRDDDOOO lol.

Then he had the nerve to be hungry still? Too bad Kristy didn't ask him to leave. I would have just gone into build buy mode and put an extra chair at the end of the table and sat there.

Ooooooo a love interest for Kristy? You are right he is cute. He already seems possessive, so not sure he would be a good match for Kristy. Seriously dude, she isn't even a romantic slight interest, and you want to monopolize her? I don't think so. I don't think Kristy is going to stand for that.

• Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Here's today's update from Oak Leaf.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up early that morning and got ready to tend the garden though Ami was studying.
    15210409960_722a5d3249.jpg
    Ami was still studying while Eli played a social game on her iPad when the paper carrier dropped off the paper.
    15210333369_e9cbff95af.jpg
    They were both still studying for a while until it was time to leave for work.
    15210489908_28269cb8e4.jpg
    Eli and Ami got themselves out the door and off to work at 3PM.
    15397090915_96b0741568.jpg
    There were horses gathered around the city hall while the Jankowskys were at work.
    15210434830_b0decbc643.jpg
    Eli was a little behind in getting to the workplace and arrived at 3:30.
    15397106545_ed32337c45.jpg
    Eli went to the pool to fish for a short while as Ami started for home right away.
    15397110235_58c05245c2.jpg
    Ami decided to eat the leftover mac and cheese while Eli was on her way home.
    15210365929_cde20964d0.jpg
    They both got into bed by 8PM and went right to sleep.
    15374092116_a04a6c157d.jpg

Great update. Why did Eli get to work late? I know they don't make a habit of being late, so was wondering why she was late.

Fishing in a pool? What a novel concept. Just go to your local town pool, and get all the fish you want. Might not be easier to catch them, but with a smaller area for them to be in, it might be.

• Options
    Okay, so I'm finally getting around to commenting and posting my own updates. Between life, glitches and this cold that is making me feel lethargic, I haven't got a heap done in the past few days. So I'll start with a house update, then a Summers one, then hopefully get to the comments :)

So I decided to do a house for Daisy and Easter along the lines of one in Riverview where two sisters live together but have totally opposite personalities. Using the blueprints, because that is a lot faster, I created a similar house, only one-storey but a second could be added later on. Daisy's side of the house is green, to reflect her favourite colour, and I left most of the furniture alone, adding only a couple of things. Easter's side, on the other hand, is very colourful and has an eclectic range of furniture gleaned from both the Spyglass Bedroom set and other things that I could find from the packs or from cc (mostly from TSR website).

Here is the outside view of the house. I wanted two different roofs but I suppose that isn't possible.
    screenshot_original.jpg

And here is the floor plan. Daisy's house is to the left, Easter's to the right.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Clockwise (green half): Lounge, Dining room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, Entry. Easter's is a mirror image.

Now I'll show you through the houses, Daisy's first.
    Lounge:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Kitchen:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Dining:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Bedroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Bathroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Easter's house:
    Entryway:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Lounge:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Kitchen:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Dining:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Bedroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    (there should be another pic here of the desk and vanity but I somehow missed that).

Bathroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Two houses combined, smart. They can live in their own half and not have to be forced to get along if they don't want to do so. Well I am not gung ho about green, but it is lovely I like the different shades of it. I was surprised the counters in the kitchen weren't a shade of green as well. I like it.

I have to say though the other house is stupendously gorgeously arrayed. I love, love, love, those patterns. The easter eggs, the window in the living room with the bubbles.

The floral living room is amazing. I like the floral patterns as it is so elegant.

Hubby would never leave the kitchen with that rainbow pattern in it. He don't need anymore time in the kitchen that is for sure lol. I love the bright colors, and the coloring of the wall paper. It is so bright and cheerful.

My favorite room is the dining room though. I love the creativity of it. Did you get all those patterns from somewhere else? I just think it is adorable. Those chairs are perfect. The back of the chairs look like eggs lol. Fantastic job.

The bedroom would be any girls dream. Romantic castle wall paper, the bed fit for a princess, and the rainbow wall paper as well. I love it.
    You are so creative. Download the house pleaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee.

Man that bathroom is loud. I think I would feel like dancing in there lol. I also think I would have visual impairment as in I would get dizzy if I stayed in there too long lol.

Great job.
  • Options
    Short update on the Summers family. I moved the triplets and their respective boyfriends out. As I think I've mentioned, Charity almost immediately got engaged to Trenton. I moved everyone back in the next day so that I could have the wedding and found out that Athena had also been proposed to by Troy! Somehow I missed seeing that announcement :) But Walter didn't propose to Blossom, and he was the one who I thought would be the first, and when I moved them back in, I still couldn't get that function working. Not only that, but Blossom had found a new romantic interest!!!! She hadn't split up with Walter though, so maybe she's the one I've got to be worried about!! Also, that means I'll have to find that SP mod to disallow flirting between involved sims. I did it for the household but maybe should have done it for the whole town :)

I haven't actually got the double wedding yet. I'm think that might have to be on the weekend (it's Thursday in the game). But it was the quads' birthday :) Since it is only one day until winter, I got them ready for the cold weather and for Christmas :) And out of all the cc I downloaded this week, I didn't get one new hairstyle for boys!!

Kent: (random traits since there's no 'k' ones yet - genius, light sleeper, animal lover)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Luna: (loves outdoors, loves cold, lucky)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Matisse: (random traits - virtuoso, genius, ??)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Nessa: (neurotic, athletic, neat)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here they are playing the blocks:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

And in the tree house:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Oh, and here is Hawk practising being handy. Just as well no-one was needing the dishwasher in any hurry!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a bit more time to play today and get the weddings done, and have Jaguar, Daisy and Easter's birthdays. I'm planning on sending Daisy and her boyfriend to university but I might leave that now for a week or so and get back to the Rainbow game. I think I started that four months ago and I'm still only on the first generation!!!!

Oh oh Blossom may want to get away from Walter and spread her wings with the other guy. Since he hasn't proposed, are you thinking of doing that?

With mean spirited and mooch traits, why didn't Matisse get them?

I love Nessa's hair and coloring. Although Luna's is pretty as well.

Loving the kids looks. That hair and coloring is gorgeous as well.
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 Did your girls ever manage to graduate? It sounds like you had worse than the usual glitching. Did you ask for help in the general discussion? There might be somebody there that knows what you could do to fix the problem, if there is a fix, other than going back to the save before they went and sending them over again.

@MayaRose1138 I'm glad your girls were able to graduate once they got home. That's really strange though. It sounds like your game is glitching pretty badly. I'd say it's probably a good chance that it is some of the CC you've just downloaded, or even something you've had for awhile.

In all the time I've been playing Sims 3, the only third party CC I ever had was the baby footie sleepers and the little wisps baby hair. I used it all the time on my babies and never had any issues at all, until I got Pets. I had a terrible time with Pets, and nothing I did fixed the issue. I tried several different test games with different kinds of pets, and it always glitched in exactly the same way. I did everything possible. Then I removed those baby sleepers and hair. Problem solved. No more problems with pets, ever again. Lots of other players use those exact same items with no problems. I used them for a long time with no problems. But something about them just would not work with pets on my computer, even though I wasn't even using them in any of those games. Just being in the game folder was all it took.

@MayaRose1138 Yes, I took Hal to China in a separate save, just to get the pictures. That's not something I normally do, because I don't play to write. I play to play, and let the game give me whatever story I will write. It's not something I'm going to make a habit of doing either. I had to do some major manipulation to get the other characters to cooperate, and even take Shing into CAS to change his features for the one where he's become hostile toward Hal. That's not much fun, and I was so glad when it was done.

It'll be interesting to see if it glitches like that in other Uni games or whether that was just a one off. Daisy is the next one to go (I plan on having at least six of Autumn's children go to university so I can experience each of the courses). It could be Island Paradise. It was glitching when I first downloaded it so I haven't tried playing on the island since but the rest of the pack, such as the mermaids and clothing, seem to be fine. I've been very careful with my cc, only getting them from sites people here have recommended, or from the likes of MTS or TSR, so I'm hoping that that is not it.

I have an idea of what I want my sims to do (ie., in the Alphabet game, the children have hobbies based on their respective letters) but then the game will throw in things that I don't expect, like sending a random sim to the house with one of the kids and having them fall in love without someone at the house :) So I can imagine that making the story work out exactly as you want it would be annoying. But at least that's done now.

Bad Eduardo, crashing the party. That's what I dislike about throwing parties; there's always some random sim who attends! But Kristy seems to be continuing to do well with her sculptures and everything. I have never got one of my sims to level 10 in charisma, although I think Autumn and Blossom are pretty close, up to level 8 or something.
    @MayaRose1138 Obviously, the purpose of giving away the free content is to persuade those of us who don't have Sims 4 to buy it so we can qualify for the Sims 3 stuff. There's so little left that I want, and can actually get at my patch level, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Now see, I would think that if you had Sims4 then you would be more likely to play it than keep wanting stuff from the store for Sims3. Whereas it could have been a good incentive for Sims3 players to continue on with that until such time as they decided to switch to Sims4. But that's just me :)
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    Fiona: So you see donkey living with Shrek is bugging me, and I have to get away. I think if I can go somewhere away from here and think, I can hopefully solve my problems. Will you let me ride you? I don't dare walk the streets after what the townspeople did to me, but you being so fast, I think I don't have anything to fear.

Donkey: I am game, but no trips to water. I hate water, water is evil. Shrek and him had one time ridden out after a flood to check on Shrek's father, and donkey maintained he almost drowned. In reality, although the water was up to the top of his legs, he had tripped and they both had fallen into the water. Donkey had panicked and it was only at Shrek's beating donkey to get him to calm down, that saved him or so donkey claims. Now outside of drinking water, donkey wouldn't step in a puddle unless absolutely necessary, and he would shudder so hard if he did, that a few times he almost threw Shrek which angered Shrek and again got him undeserved beatings.

Oh Fiona, running away isn't going to solve anything; didn't you learn anything from when you went to the park? And poor Donkey; I'm quite sure that to his mind, that incident had really been a matter of life and death (because he's such a drama queen :) )
    There was no reply. Irritated Shrek went looking for her. To his horror he realized that not only was Fiona gone, but donkey as well. Where could she have gone? Why did she leave? Was she coming back? Shrek in a panic. What if she didn't come back? Oh dear heaven, this was a catastrophe. If she didn't come back, how was he going to tell his dad? Worse yet, how was his dad going to explain it to the high councilor without getting them both killed?

He knew the answer to that, and that is why Fiona had to come back, she just had to.

See, Shrek, this is why you should have been less of an ogre to Fiona when she first arrived. But I supposed you learned from the best :)

Re your monsters update, Frank really is having problems with the children, isn't he? Never mind, he will learn... or maybe not :) As for the toddlers, being scared by those 'human' movies... I can quite understand that but my fear runs in the reverse!
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    Just been on the website www.platinumsimmers.com and they have an announcement there that those with sims 3 and 4 can get free content stuff from the Store depending on which EPs you have. I don't know how to get the free stuff but if anyone wants them, I'm sue you figure it out! I'm just lamenting the fact that I haven't got sims 4 and don't intend to in the near future as there is so much I haven't done with 3 yet. Wouldn't it make more sense to give those without sims 4 the free stuff as they'll be the ones mainly still playing sims 3? :).

Looks like it is for only those who own sims 3, and 4, but you can't already own the eps. If you buy the eps with each ep you get a few store items.

One thing I didn't get though, was it said if you buy seasons you get a weather stone. Didn't that come with supernatural or is there one through the store I don't know about. I have a lot of the items, but it sure is nice for someone who doesn't have the eps, was planning on buying them either way, and get free stuff to boot.

Well, that's not fair! I think it should be available to those who aren't new to Sims3 because it's an incentive to keep playing and spending money. People who are new to the sims are probably now going to go straight to Sims4. There were a few sets there that I really would have liked, such as the costumes, but it will take forever to save up for them as they are not giving away free points very often now.

I thought the weather stone came with supernatural too, so I don't know about any store-bought one.
    Celiria wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 Nice update. Congrats on their graduating. Sorry to hear your having technical issues with proposing :(

Thank you :) I know - I don't know what's gone wrong! Charity and Athena were both proposed to for the day that they were out of the household, but not Blossom, and she's the one with a boyfriend who wants to get married :) So I suppose I'll have to continue to wait and see.

Did I comment on the last Kaley update? If not, it was very good. Regarding them having kids, I think that adoption would be the better option unless you want to see what a combined child of theirs would look like, and then you should get one of them to be pregnant :)
    LunBeauty wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 I'm praying that she has blonde hair. It feels like it's been forever since I had a blonde girl, even though Hadley was blonde and is still in the neighborhood.

I honestly want to bring her back as a ghost, but unfortunately, I haven't gotten that opportunity yet. I always get boring opportunities like "Work out for 4 hours" or "Befriend this celebrity", but never anything interesting. Plus for some reason, Grim's Ghastly Manor isn't showing up in my library, even though I uninstalled it and reinstalled it I don't know how many times. In fact, a lot of my Store Venues aren't showing up, so I don't know.

http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/tagged/oemsimsmods This is where I got them all. They only have them for the EPs from what I can see, not the SPs, but I'm sure there are also default replacement SP clothes that have pregnancy morphs created by someone else. :)

You'll have aged Raquelle up by now so you'll know whether she's got blonde hair :)

That's annoying that the Manor isn't showing up in the library, or a lot of the venues. Something has obviously decided not to work, so I hope you get that sorted out quickly. I haven't got much in the way of Store Venues, just the Renaissance Faire, or any of the buildings. I'm still waiting for the Spyglass Bathroom to come on sale but I'm beginning to think it will only do that if I buy it first :)

Royce and Charlie look good as children. I'm going to have to find those hairstyles because I want my boys to look like that too!!

Thank you for the link! I went and downloaded all the relevant ones yesterday. It took a lot longer than I would have liked because the power went off for an hour in the middle of it!! I'm still trying to track down the SP pregnancy morphs because the dress I like of Autumn's is from the Movie Pack.
    In case anyone still cares...

We care, even if we're not always vocal about it :) I haven't read the story over on the link but I have been reading your updates and gee, your story sounds like a soap opera. 'Days of Our Sims', or something like that :) You must have the teen pregnancy mod for Eloise to have had a baby. Good update!!

Yeah Fiona just needs time away. She really has no where to go, but anywhere is better than there. She figures on donkey she can get away fast. Yeah I hate water too, so even if water had been up to my thighs I would have panicked if I fell lol.

Remember Shrek was happy with the way things were before Fiona was dumped on his doorstep by his dad. He never wanted any part of Fiona or this contract when he found out lol.

I hate horror movies at least the modern ones. I love the classic horror movies.

Thanks for the comments.
  • Options
    Well I see the alien jeans are in Narcissa. That and the echo-voice.
    1jn8tk.jpg
    j5wbrq.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    @TadOlson: I bet her parents like having a child that can entertain herself. Sandi got to go out and see the store. :D How exciting for her. :D

I'm sure they'll bounce back from it. :D Ah warm weather for winter, very good. :D

Good to see him making fresh salad. :D

Quite a difference! :D

Horses, just hanging out, shooting the hey.

Fishing in the pool...is Eli childish? :D

@Aihaou: Doesn't look like she had a good driving class...I can only imagine. (Camilla: They counted me off for spelling!)

Cute puppies!

Is that a ghost behind her with a fire extinguisher? :D

@Colorist: Lol- Sounds like Gary got the intensity of a vampire instead of their condition. :D He's got lovely purple skin, by the way. :D She has lovely hair. :D Drac pulls an Erlenmeyer flask out of...his pocket... I'm sure he thinks a potion is the best solution, but that's not how you solvent!...oh, the chemistry jokes...

(Frank: What, he scares me!) :D

Well, he doesn't smile much, huh? Oh, Frankie, don't! Lol- yeah, Justin isn't having it! Creepy blue kid lol. :D Lol- utensil. :D Well, I guess he can't demand an explanation for this behavior if the kid doesn't know words yet... Lol@Mask! Lol- oh dear, what a look on Frank's face! :D

Well, I'm sure it feels like it feel good to not miss her father so much, but not missing him at all would be weird, huh? :D Well, not wanting to be the source of someone's death is a place to start! Though I think that's pretty far from love! It's right up there next to pure hatred...it's in the impure hatred side...lol...hopefully this can get better. :D Lol@ no trips to water! Poor Donkey! Yeah, when you're feeling very in the moment, when you listen to sounds and see sights and feel breezes without thinking of everything that stresses you out, it can be very relaxing. Oh, highway hypnosis on Donkey? Lol! Well, 8 months is a long time when you're 16 (I know she's 17 but she just got there.) Well, she's much more gentle with Donkey than Shrek is. :D Wow, I guess she doesn't have a whole year to come around...since the Ogrids are insisting! So they only have a month?! To go from simply not wanting to kill each other to cooperation with each other in a month! This promises to be entertaining! :D Oh, a big ceremony- what could possibly go wrong? Lol- I think it's starting to dawn on Shrek that he can't just blow Fiona off. :D I'm sure Barthus just wanted to get it over with. :D Lol- now you care! Now it's real. Why don't you sit down and think about all the this and prepare an apology? :D Like a really good one, because you've really upset her, Shrek! :D

Lol@ Frank. :D Lol, well, if you teach him to not listen to his father, you might just be teaching him that adults advise is optional, you can never tell what lessons actually learn from what you say until they tell you later. :D Lol@ Gary's full sentences! He has been learning from his uncle! :D

Lol, nightmares about humans! Oh, sounds like zombies, really. :D Denied plasma? Oh, the simanity! :D (Oh, I guess he did get the intensity and the lifestate, I stand corrected!) :D

Cute joke. I am not a chemistry fan, but even I can understand that ha ha ha.

More like Barthus is insisting. He is finding it hard to resist the temptation to whisk Fiona away, and go into hiding. They can't hide in Ogrid too close to the source of their possible death, and how do you hide yourself in a world of non green people ha ha ha. So running away with Fiona wouldn't work too well lol. Yeah not missing her father, would be weird, but having to go through what she is, and add the pain of missing her father, and that triples it. She wishes that some of the pain would go away, barring that Shrek, but that ain't gonna happen lo

I am not sure Shrek knows the meaning of the word apology. lol Yeah he figured out somehow she had found a way into his heart, and now he cares. He loves her, and realizing what a big dummy he was. Now he is in an impossible situation. He has to hope that Fiona thinks her future fate is so horrible, that she would find living with him a pleasure. Not working so much right now lol.

I thought that having Gary talk with big words eventually while Frank was teaching him would be hilarious. Trying to teach a kid the word love, and he says a complete sentence with big words lol. How shocked I would be if that happened. Although my son didn't learn to talk English until he was four. lol. Raised by adults, with adults and send him to pre-k and within a week he was speaking like it was nothing. I guess he didn't have anything to say to us lol. He talked gibberish for the most part. Stubborn brat just like his momma lol.

I know I couldn't believe it when Frank took his left over plate of grilled cheese he practically vomited on, and went to the food processor and started whirring it up. I was like what the heck? So I hovered over the action in his queue and it said make baby food. I was like ewwwwwwww lol. Grilled cheese that is burnt or has too much cheese, or anything is nasty. It has to be perfect or it is no good. So you eat a bad one, can't finish it, and feed it to your nephew like you would give bad scraps to a pig. Justin wasn't having that. He could see that it wasn't looking too appetizing lol. Even though babies drink formula (nasty stuff) lol, even as toddlers they have standards. I couldn't see how my son after he started eating real food, could still drink that nasty formula lol.

Frank doesn't like Drac, and vice versa. Frank wants Abella, and so does Drac, and right now Drac has her, but Frank is making progress so there is a more strained relationship, and although he knows better, he wants to undermine Drac out of pure spite.

I thought since we humans see movies about mythical creatures and scary monsters, that it would be cute to have monster babies be afraid of humans lol.

• Options
    Evil Travel Agent's Guide to Dragon Valley Starring Nicolae Irwin Part 5

2qc2dcg.jpg

Now, fellow agents of evil, let me remind you that Dragon Valley is a large area. Most of the buildings are crowded together with a few outlying and hidden buildings, but there are vast spaces to explore. There are also certain things that can only be seen clearly from the air. And I shall show you some from my dragon Run's flights. But first...

351za61.jpg

The school is one of the highest buildings. I suppose someone heard the expression higher learning, and took it a little too literally.

iykbhg.jpg

A laser must have been enlisted to dig this well!

33aaskk.jpg

Behind a row of trees, there is a fairly modern styled fountain, and behind that fountain...

fdacqu.jpg

There is a strange pattern that becomes clear from the air. This is not the only such pattern. These 'land marks' are helpful to Run in navigating so he knows exactly where he is. Do no damage to them, dragons have an extraordinary sense of smell... you have been warned.

10hm2s2.jpg

There is also a more dragon shaped one over by the walls...

zko96r.jpg

And this other simple one over by some of curled areas of road.

vosas4.jpg

I haven't really figured out what the purpose of these areas are...

dpc085.jpg

Perhaps during different times of day, the shadows distract the dragons...but that it just conjecture.

4sbqly.jpg

Once you set off from the school, you'll find a small trail...

2ryri9f.jpg

...and if you follow it...

2echdoh.jpg

...far enough...

w6uyza.jpg

...you'll eventually find...

2q8vdja.jpg

...it's end next to a big fat, ugly tree...

2yor5li.jpg

If you do this...you've completely wasted your time!

2q15r9t.jpg

See, I've wasted it for you...You're welcome.

2rz2el5.jpg

Of course there are other trails...

1jfur.jpg

...you can follow...

jtwkkk.jpg

...all night, while watching the shooting stars...

erd0s8.jpg

...and eventually...

2u7rnue.jpg

...you'll find something...

290y1qb.jpg

...that makes it look like you did it on purpose...

jkfzut.jpg

...other than for exercise...

2wgapzo.jpg

...and the view isn't bad...

11vglzc.jpg

...except for all this sunlight!

I love that pic of the lighted up school at night. Perfect romantic setting. Who would have thought a school could be a romantic setting?

Why does he think the well would be dug by a laser? He doesn't believe a bunch of men with lots of hard work, and no fear of small deep enclosed spaces could have done it?

I suppose he found out about the crop circles I call them via Run? But Run can't speak his language right? So how does he know about them.

I vote for aliens coming here from the future, and left signs and landing instructions to future alien invasion forces to make it easier to conquer the planet.

Lol I love how he makes that journey along that road seem like there is going to be something more spectacular than a tree. How disappointing to get our hopes up, build it up like we are going to be surprised, only to be fooled into feeling stupid. Yes thank you Rafael for not only wasting your times but ours as well. You did not waste your time on our behalf. We had to have it wasted with you. That is 1 sim hour I cannot get back lol.

Yick sunlight. I like the way things look at night. You can't see all the flaws, the crumbling buildings, the dilapidated aspects of buildings. Even a hillbilly dilapidated shack can look like the Sistine chapel at night lol.

• Options
    @IreneSwift, Smh at Eduardo the party crasher. I actually hate those in game. Even the parties I try to make restrictive have a few gate crashers.
    @Colorist40 I love Frank and his expressions :) Why is Frank teaching Drac's kids to talk and not Drac himself? Lol
    @MayaRose1138 Love your house decorating and color schemes. Oh wow congrats to Charity and Athena on their engagements but bad bad Blossom with a new romantic interest! Lol I still need to toy around with the settings in Story Progression.
    @Zabeth0, She sure wants to. But I don't know how she's going to have time to write her book when she's in the middle of college and also wanting to travel and be a ghost hunter - that girl's got so much going on I don't know how I keep up with her sometimes, lol. But Aunt Maggie is pretty much the cause her mother, Savannah, is a writer, too. You can make the argument that Maggie was the biggest influence on Savannah growing up and not Savannah's mother. The young blond boy is Sawyer, the youngest of the kids. I have a story about him too, for later.

Okay, so costume choices, I've got an astronaut from @IreneSwift, a diver or soccer player from @TadOlson, and an alien or pirate from @Zabeth0. Decisions, decisions.

While we wait, though, here's another brief little update from the crazy world of Sierra Jolina Plumb Cheesman.

A Face From Her Past

sierra-lily_zpsc4a8c125.jpg

Screenshot-2590_zpsfec7a083.jpg

When Sierra was in high school, she began kinda-sorta dating this girl, named Lily Richards. Lily was the daughter of two old family friends, Kiki and Lawrence Richards. But Sierra's temper soon put Lily off. In fact, when Lily showed up to the library in Hidden Springs to study with a male pal, Sierra went ballistic.

They hadn't seen each other since that day. Sierra had been sent to Fort Starch Military Academy, began taking college-level courses, completed high school early, and entered Sims University ahead of schedule. She hadn't heard from Lily the entire two weeks she'd been hospitalized, either.

Screenshot-999_zps3f243f06.jpg

Sierra decided to go to the gym for a quick burst workout. After the workout she decided to go to the bathroom (ladies this time Lol) to clean up. She saw a girl walk in who looked familiar. It couldn't be, Sierra thought to herself. I know that's not who I think it is.

Screenshot-1001_zps91a0d65d.jpg

Sierra turned around. Her heart skipped a few beats when she realized it was indeed her ex, Lily.

Screenshot-1006_zps1e253a32.jpg

"Sierra."
    Sierra took a deep breath. "Oh, hi, Lily. What are you doing here?"
    "I'm starting college this semester."
    "Really."

Screenshot-1005_zps0593d8f4.jpg

"You hurt me, Sierra! You hurt me! I didn't hear from you for months on end."

Screenshot-1004_zpsd1056dc5.jpg

"Well, Lily," Sierra replied coolly, "you could have called. I didn't hear from you at all."
    "But I tried, Sierra, I tried calling everybody. No one seemed to know where you were. It was like you vanished. Finally your sister told me you'd gone to Fort Starch, and then your mom told me you'd been in the hospital. So, what have you been up to? I bet you're still the best athlete in school."
    "Got a lot going on, actually."
    Finally Lily paused. "Think we still have a shot?"
    Sierra simply glared at her, as if examining a rock.

Notes:
    • Sierra came back from prom with a red heart next to Lily's picture in her relationship panel. They only remained romantic interests and the relationship never went further.
    • SP has hooked up AJ with a new lady love, Laura Mitchell, I think she's a musician. I actually hope he's finally done with Samantha this time. Especially with Sam's track record.

I vote for alien costume.

Well talk about getting right to the point. You see an ex after ex number of years (pun intended), and you just chew her out. While I know that you aren't totally responsible for losing touch, you could have contacted her at Fort Starch when you found out.

Besides Lily you were the one who decided you didn't want Sierra. Sierra won't change, and now you don't care, and want her temper and all?

Good for Sierra. She has Lily's number. You deserve someone who won't mind your temper Sierra. You are who you are, and if someone can't see that, you are better off without them. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to somewhat control your temper though.

• Options
    @Colorist40 I love Frank's little grumpy faces. :D Justin and Gary are too funny, lol. Toddlers really are funny at times, lol.

@TadOlson Great update!

@MayaRose1138 I really like that house. :) It's very green and colorful. :D Also, very nice update. The kids are adorable. :) Is this from your Rainbowcy or is this another Sim story that you're doing?

@MayaRose1138 Yes, Raquelle is a toddler now, and yes she does have her father's blonde hair, which I'm happy about. I'll show a picture of her in the next update, lol.
    The only venues that are showing up are the World of Wonder, The Boardwalk, and The Prism Art Studio. I don't know why the others aren't showing up and I wonder if anyone else is having that problems.
    As for the maternity, I found them in the Clothing (Maternity) section on MS3B. I think they have a few pregnancy morphs for the Stuff Packs and some of the Store clothing in there. I don't know if they're default replacements, but I'm sure you could find some that you like.

@Zabeth0 I'm so glad you enjoy my update, lol. Thanks for the comments, also very interesting update. :)

@venusdemilosims It's nice to see someone from Sierra's past, although I don't think Lily ever moved on even though Sierra apparently did. Let's hope Lily doesn't do anything too horrible even though she seems very hurt.

Thanks I love Frank a lot. He is one of my all time favorite sims. I glad you found them amusing lol.
  • Options
    e6ovis.jpg

Jae: "Daddy, I'm concerned I will do poorly in school."

Jake: "You are? Oh, good! Then you probably won't. As long as you are paying attention and being polite, you should do well. Though there is something you'll need to know. Something very important."

jz7bjr.jpg

Jae: She listened intently.

Jake: "You know how shows and movies on t.v. aren't real? They are stories for entertainment purposes, and then there are commercials with the express purpose of making people want to buy things?"

Jae: "Yes, father?"

Jake: "And you know how when you watch Star Wars you don't tell people that those star destroyers are actually little models, and not space ships at all? Oh, and that since space is a vacuum none of those explosions should generate sound?"

2cpxfgy.jpg

Jae: "Yes, father, that's rude, and it takes away from the story."

Jake: "Exactly...Don't correct your history teacher..."

Jae: "Yes, father."

Lol having to warn your daughter not to be too smart and correct your teacher who you are supposed to be learning from. I wonder what the teacher would think if she knew Jae was super intelligent and knows more than her. I am glad that Jake is warning her, but honestly I don't think stifling a child's natural ability is necessarily a good thing, but I understand the need for it. If she corrected her teacher, it would bring up a whole host of problems lol.

I am always amazed how they take little models like in Star Wars and make epic battle scenes which you would swear were real. I always watch star trek Sat. night, and I always see the Enterprise and I know it is a model hanging from a string, but it is so amazing how real they make it. There is a scene where a bad guy hangs a replica of the enterprise on a chain over a candle, and I always think I wonder if they used the model they use to shoot Star Trek lol.
  • Options
    @Zabeth0 I missed Jake. :) His fatherly advice is definitely something to live by. :) Listen to his wise words, Jae. :D

@AiHaou Oh geez, Ellery...put some clothes on! :lol: *Cue music* Born freeee! As free as the wind bloooooows!

@AiHaou Um...I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's not how you hold babies, lol.

I have a really long update coming up. I figured out the Relativity mod by playing around with it in the game and reading up on it on the website so now I set the clock to run a bit slower so that there will be more time in the day for my sims to do whatever they want and not have to rush, plus their needs go down slower, which is nice. :)
  • Options
    @Zabeth0 I missed Jake. :) His fatherly advice is definitely something to live by. :) Listen to his wise words, Jae. :D

@AiHaou Oh geez, Ellery...put some clothes on! :lol: *Cue music* Born freeee! As free as the wind bloooooows!

@AiHaou Um...I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's not how you hold babies, lol.

I have a really long update coming up. I figured out the Relativity mod by playing around with it in the game and reading up on it on the website so now I set the clock to run a bit slower so that there will be more time in the day for my sims to do whatever they want and not have to rush, plus their needs go down slower, which is nice. :)

I've never seen that glitch before. She was hammered. XD
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Quite a bit happened in this update. :) Hope you all enjoy!

SSe8aNv.png
    While Luna is in the kitchen cooking breakfast, Tristan, Harold, and Cadence tend to the garden. With more people doing it at a time, it goes by a lot faster.

FQQtsYK.png
    Tristan plays with Savannah who might be quite the musical prodigy.
    Tristan: That's lovely, sweetie! Now can you play some Guns n Roses?
    Savannah: No! Lady Gaga!
    Tristan: Oh my. I can see I'm going to have to teach you the difference between good music and bad music.
    Savannah: You play, Daddy!
    Tristan: Oh no. You're doing a fine job on your own.

V3VXcSw.png
    Harold dotes on his little girl who is fast becoming the apple of his eye. :)

zlHQEe0.png
    Downstairs, Tristan gives Rusty some much needed attention by playing around with him.

zBd1Fjh.png
    Harold is so close to maxing his Athletic Skill, he can almost taste it.

BMPmTD2.png
    With the parents at work, it's time to call the dreaded baby-sitter! Dun! Dun! Duuuuun! Fortunately, she actually does a pretty good job. :)

SMnRRHF.png
    It's also Raquelle's birthday! Today we'll get to see what she looks like. ;)

3xQI8N0.png
    Cadence: Uh....could you two not do that? You're going to blow out the candles before Raquelle gets the chance to.
    Charlie: But Raquelle is a baby. She couldn't possibly know how to blow out candles.
    Cadence: Yes, thank you for that, Captain Obvious.
    Charlie: Just doing my job.

BWy02qt.png
    After that little family banter, Raquelle turns out to be quite the cutie. :) I can definitely see a lot of her father in her from her skintone and her blonde hair and I'm guessing she has his nose too because Cadence didn't have that nose when she was little. :) But she does have her mother's eyes, which are lovely on her.

cdRBy2e.png
    Royce greets his sister with a bottle.
    Royce: Hey, you're actually kinda cute. Here, have a bottle.

Cu4pnzg.png
    Cadence also dotes on her precious little girl.
    Cadence: I think you're the prettiest of them all! Yes, you are!

pxTR4Dy.png
    She's also a bit of a loud mouth as well and very spoiled. Watch it kid, if you annoy me too much, you'll be out of running for heirship, lol. Just kidding. But seriously, I hate when toddlers cry for now reason.

T2b6wzJ.png
    Raquelle is perfectly happy in the playpen with her cousin, Savannah. :)

Qg1Ty6M.png
    I can't decide who is cuter!

7OaXb50.png
    James seems to have gotten over Olivia's death quite fast and is now flirting with this young thing. Watch it, hon. You're filthy rich and she may be a gold digger in disguise.

HEQlP1d.png
    Today is Savannah's birthday! Finally, we'll only be down to one toddler.

Rd2sa1v.png
    She turns out to to be quite stunning. I personally think she takes after her father, especially her lips, but has her mother's hair. The Dennison genes are very strong in this family. :)

HWLWWGM.png
    hAWvd6f.png
    8ta2G9x.png
    The kids enjoy a ride on the carousal before being forced to pack up and leave because it's getting to be dark outside.

3EzwVmY.png
    Here's another picture of Savannah. I kind of gave her an outfit and hairstyle that would be laid back and easy for her to play in.

ypq93u5.png
    Raquelle coerces her older cousin to play dollhouse with her. Well, Savannah plays and Raquelle tries to bite the heads off of the dolls.

kwUCDoZ.png
    Cadence and Harold are invited over to a party at Hadley and Nate's house! Apparently story progression moved them out of the house they were living in with Jake and Lola. Anyways, here's Grace! I had forgotten how lovely she was. :)

aLIdClg.png
    And here's Ethan! About as handsome as Tristan, but Tristan is still the best looking. ;)

LCWp3Ty.png
    Cadence chats up her Uncle Nate for a little while.

gpZxnWs.png
    That is until she sees this hussy trying to make a move on her husband.
    Cadence: Excuse me, but that's my husband you're trying to flirt with.
    Mary-Sue: Oh, really? I don't see your name anywhere on him.

GBw6zff.png
    Cadence: Listen, you fried floozy! That ring on his finger is a sign that he's mine and no one else's. So get your charred behind away from him or else you'll regret it!

DLe6UWo.png
    Mary-Sue: I've lived here a lot longer than you have. If I want something, I'll take it, whether it's married or not!
    Cadence: I will not have some burnt home-wrecker ruining my marriage!
    Hadley: Yeah, that's right, Cadence! You get her!

7Redzf8.png
    Cadence issued a well deserved slap to this floozy's face. She wanted to beat her down, but unfortunately, Mary-Sue ran out right after this. Apparently, she was too chicken to fight Cadence.

Vz3HNu3.png
    Tristan: Have I told you lately, that I love you?
    Cadence: Of course you do, now shut up and give me a kiss.

2FwTsxS.png
    And he did.
    Hadley: Aww, that's right, Cadence. You show that floozy who your man truly belongs too.

I8RvDEj.png
    When they get back home, they are both feeling rather frisky, so you can probably guess what they do next. ;)

vk9WzXt.png
    Tristan works a bit of his muscles by doing chin ups the next morning.

ZXZbKWR.png
    Eager to learn the Science Skill, Cadence plays around on the Science Machine.

BFDUV3J.png
    Inside, Harold and Royce behave like twelve year old girls and pillow fight. Maybe I should get these guys a football or a baseball so that they can do more manly things...like play catch or something.

BwlbOKN.png
    Charlie wants to go for a swim, but I want him to work on his writing skill for a little while.

FGf2KsW.png
    Luna shirks on her skilling by playing video games. If this was The Sims 4, this would totally be legit.
    Luna: I've already reached level ten of the Logic skill.
    You have? *Checks* Oh, she has! Well then, you can go skill up in something else now!

A5uzzz7.png
    After gaining a few skill points in writing, Charlie heads around town to catch different species of butterflies for school.

XiMuLPh.png
    Even Raquelle isn't left out of this skilling marathon as Luna places her in the play pen so that she can skill up with the Abacus and the Mirror. :)

U30bObg.png
    Luna and Cadence decide to take a picture together. :) Although, I think Cadence is looking the wrong way, lol.

7PI0jyy.png
    After that, Cadence issues Luna trivia challenge, which Luna wins because she's just awesome like that. ;)

joJhtJX.png
    Because Savannah has been doing quite well, she had been using the Chemistry Station off camera, I let her invite a friend over. Even though he is a boy, I'm going to let him keep his pigtails because I guess they make him feel pretty or something, lol.

hceubjW.png
    After they spend most of the morning skilling and earning quite a few skill points (I love the Relativity mod) the family heads to the pool to have a bit of fun.

uk2UoOz.png
    haRJoC4.png
    WePbacq.png
    They look to be having a lot of fun, although I don't think Luna likes being splashed too much, lol.

uao6ZgS.png
    Luna gets out of the pool and joins Cadence on one of the lounges to work on her tan a bit.

zSB0dlj.png
    Cadence is happy to see that her grandpa has come to visit them at the pool as well.
    Jake: Wow, you've become such a big girl.

4SfxfCH.png
    Royce meets this cute girl named Katherine. :) She seems interesting.

g9vVO6Z.png
    Savannah coerces her grandpa into taking a swim with her. Hopefully Jake can keep up with this ball of energy. ;)

vUDjqH3.png
    mBfDjZN.png
    duQBSWz.png
    They actually get along quite well. :) She's also very cute for a game generated sim.

GsYwnbV.png
    After spending some time at the pool, the family heads to The Overlook, which is sort of like a spa/pool and has more stuff to do. Luna enjoys a mud bath. I, myself, have always wanted to try one of them. :)

3LFcCqh.png
    While Luna does that, Cadence enjoys some Hydrotherapy, which also looks refreshing.

AcSLlYC.png
    Aww, I love seeing elder couples being romantic with each other. :) It's so romantic.

TFa4C8e.png
    The kids play around in the small pools and Katherine has even come along with them. :)

5sDruB3.png
    Harold tries to give his wife a hot stone massage, but only succeeds in dropping the rocks all over her.

90MEuwK.png
    iw7gKUJ.png
    xWjtngC.png
    bNoJ322.png
    Harold: I'm so sorry! Are you okay, babe?
    Cadence: Do I look okay to you?
    Harold: It couldn't have hurt that bad, could it?
    Cadence: Really? You dropped hot rocks all over my back! How would you like it?
    Harold: Give me a break. It was an accident.
    Cadence: Ugh, fine. But now you owe me a back massage since you through my back all out of whack.

aGFM8bX.png
    Harold: How's that?
    Cadence: Mmm, a little to the left, please.

QHWHbzC.png
    Yeah, Luna...I'd keep those cucumbers overyour eyes if I were you, lol. And you, sir...put on some proper swim trunks!

8lEXcTp.png
    Instead of spending time with the family, Savannah chats on the phone with her new friend, Zach.

HhDCFdm.png
    Cadence forgives Harold for accidentally dumping the hot stones all over her. :)

mTGAw2p.png
    They even spend some time in one of the other more private saunas. ;)

j9RigwJ.png
    Even Raquelle is there with the family, although she can't really do anything so she plays with her little stuffed toy.

5yrgacU.png
    The entire town can be seen all the way from up here. :)

HMdn70U.png
    This one is definitely going to go up on the wall of their house as soon as I feel up to putting all of their pictures up. :)

wnWR46v.png
    Honestly, if my husband had dropped hot stones all over me, I don't think I'd want him throwing needles into my back as well. But that's just me.

eeMlBag.png
    WRozSB7.png
    XOVLnMX.png
    Apparently Katherine is bi-polar or something because all Royce tried to do is chat with her and she nearly bit his head off and after every friendly interaction, she would start to argue with him or insult him. Maybe she's a bit of a diva or has the mean trait, I don't know. But I like her. :D

v3sG0OT.png
    EdMAwBx.png
    iBaHLsx.png
    Luna and Tristan enjoy a little romance with the beautiful view behind them. :)

4tVUxoN.png
    Finally, Katherine stops being a little stinker and she and Royce are friends again. This girl is definitely interesting, lol.

fv70Jh6.png
    Charlie is playing around with this little boy whose name I don't even know, lol.

FgXdFcg.png
    While Royce beats Katherine over the head with a pillow that must be filled with rocks or something, lol.

8el4AYL.png
    So far she hasn't gone bi-polar on him again, but I'm keeping my eye on her.

YIAv625.png
    Tristan is...presenting a business plan? Um...have fun?

HCvQuNN.png
    S92mUBg.png
    Savannah FINALLY gets off the phone and decides to play around with Raquelle so she won't be forgotten.

7Wm3QXk.png
    Luna enjoys a hot stone massage from her husband. He seems to be a lot better at this than Harold is.
    Luna: Of course he is, I trained him well.

DOFzb5W.png
    You gotta love those dip kisses, lol.

FgM0q7o.png
    Charlie has apparently brought his laptop along, so I allow him to work a little bit on his writing skill.

tNzai6P.png
    Watch out, Tristan. You don't want to break her hip now do you? Lol.

That's it for now! Hope you enjoy this very long and rather eventful update. :)
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited October 2014
    And now for a special episode of...

househunters_international.jpg

by way of...

life-and-times.jpg

It's been a long time coming, for our verdant haired heroine. Hard work, loving, fighting, marriage, appliances breaking (and breaking and breaking and breaking... you get the picture). But now the day has come for the next big transition in her life and to go along with it we are happy to present a special edition episode of House Hunters Simternational, brought to you by Celiria TV, no affiliation with HGTV (please don't sue me)

I will be co-hosting this episode with a real estate agent so for the viewers convenience my words will be labeled as narrator.

So with that taken care of onward we go as Kaley and Kamryn go house shopping. Our lovely newlyweds are looking to upgrade from their current 1 bedroom 1 bath home to a bigger home with room for their new family to grow. They have a budget of $20,000.

House #1

flamingo.png

Real estate agent: First off, we have a lovely 2 bedroom home. It's in a pleasent neighborhood not far from the local business' and should have what you are looking for.

Narrator: Okay already one issue, that flamingo is tacky, complete deal breaker, next house...... *real estate agent looks at narrator incredulously* okay fine I guess we can look around inside before judging.

fireplace.png

Real estate agent: First off we have this wonderful spacious living room complete with a built in fire place. Plenty of room for the family to expand in the future.

Narrator: Yeah and I can just see that fireplace burning the place to the ground, though knowing Kaley and Kamryn their already imagining romantic evenings getting up to all sorts of friskiness in front of it. So we'll call it a pro.

kitchen.png

Real estate agent: The house also features a beautiful kitchen with a nice window to let in the outdoor sun.

Narrator: Whats with the dishes?

Real estate agent: Excuse me?

Narrator: The dishes, you see all those dishes in the cabinets.

Real estate agent: Oh those are just decorative, they serve no other purpose.

Narrator: What? What sense does that make, why would you have a bunch of purely decorative cabinets that serve no purpose with useless dishes in them? That's just ridiculous.

Real estate agent: .........

Narrator: Fine whatever onto the next room.

first-master.png

Real estate agent: Next up we have a nice second bedroom, perfect for any kids that may show up down the line.

Narrator: Not bad, nice size. No major issues, onto the next room.

first-master-bed.png

Narrator: I said onto the next room.

Real estate agent: This is the next room, a spacious master bedroom perfect for....

Narrator: Whoa, whoa, whoa, very funny dude but I tell the jokes here. This is the same room we just left. Where's the real master bedroom.

Real estate agent: Seriously "dude", this is the master bedroom.

Narrator: Don't think I didn't notice that snarkyness. And this is ridiculous, this bedroom isn't any bigger than the other one, hardly befitting a master bedroom. Definite problem right here.

Continuing on....

first-bath.png

Real estate agent: and here is the bathroom.

Narrator: Master bathroom?

Real estate agent: No this is a shared bathroom.

Narrator: Yeah no, not a good idea. I forsee major issues if we try to have Kaley, Kamryn, and a future child all trying to share one bathroom. So overall:

Pros
    -nice living room, fireplace, and kitchen.

Cons
    -small bedrooms, one bath, and that stupid flamingo.... yes the flamingo is a con I don't care what anybody says.

I think we need somewhere a bit bigger. Onto the next house

House #2

mansion.png

Narrator: Well it's definitely bigger, are you sure they can afford this.

Real estate agent: Well it's a bit costly but I feel it presents a good value for what it offers.

Narrator: Wait, how costly is costly.

Real estate agent: Allow me to show you the house.

Narrator: Hey....

fancy-entry.png

First off we have the sophisticated entry way.

Narrator: Excuse me, come back here and stop ignoring me....

fancy-kitchen.png

Real estate agent: In here we have a nice upscale kitchen perfect for any of your cooking needs.

Narrator: Okay, shut up and answer my question. You said costly, how costly is costly?

fancy-bedroom.png

The lovely master suite, featuring an row of windows offering a gorgeous view of the neighborhood as you wake in the morning.

Narrator: Okay stop, stop, stop.

Real estate agent: And next we have....

*narrator grabs real estate agent by the collar*

Narrator: Nuh uh, stop right there and answer my question. HOW COSTLY IS COSTLY?

Real estate agent: Only $244,000 a reasonable price for.....

Narrator: No, no, no, no, no. Vetoed, Niet, and however it needs to be said to get the point across. Were you not listening at the beginning. $20k budget, got that $20k. Not $200k, $20k.

*Real estate agent stares blankly*

Narrator: You people all do this and it never makes sense, why show someone a house that is blatantly out of the budget they told you. It's just stupid. You seriously do this every episode of house hunters and it's annoying. So listen up $20k. No more, got it. Next house.

Real estate agent: But sir it is a....

Narrator: *glares* I said next house.

House #3

really.png

Narrator: Ha ha, very funny next house.

Real estate agent: .......

House #4

awesome-but-no.png

Narrator: *jaw drops* Okay, I will admit, that is kind of awesome. But still not right for what we're looking for. Listen, it's quite simple. 2 bedroom 2 bath, under $20k. Nothing bizarre, nothing ridiculous. Understand.

Real estate agent: But sir, I feel that the second house....

Narrator: Okay that's it....

*intense sounds of violence, power tools, and a ferret telling knock knock jokes*

Ferret: Knock Knock

Audience: Who's there

Ferret: A broken pencil

Audience: A broken pencil who?

Ferret: Nevermind it's pointless *badum tish*

and now back to our regularly scheduled program

Okay sorry about that

*director walks in and looks around for the real estate agent*

Oh he had to go.... uh.... get a cat out of a tree, or something like that. But he said that I was very funny and could handle the rest of this on my own.

*director looks at narrator doubtfully*

I'm hurt, after all we've been through together with this show you don't trust me *pouts*

*director shrugs and holds up sign* "Just clean up the broom closet yourself this time, I cleaned up the last guy"

Wow... he's good....

Okay now to find a more suitable house for Kaley and Kamryn

this-could-work.png

Narrator: Okay this is more like it. 2 bedrooms, 2 bath, and under $20k.

front-room.png

First off we have a nice entry area

living-room.png

Connected to that we have a nice large space connected to the kitchen. Between the two we have plenty of room for a living room/dining room/tv room area.

hallway.png

Onward we go upstairs and through the hallway...

master-bedroom.png

Now this is a master bedroom, spacious, plenty of natural light.

master-bath.png

Then we have the master bathroom, a touch on the small side but considering this whole house only costs around $19,500 this is pretty good. See this isn't so hard who needs that real estate agent :D

kid-bedroom.png

And of course we have the second bedroom. Good size, more than enough room for a kid to grow up in.

kid-bath.png

And of course we have the bathroom, which honestly almost seems better than the master bathroom, but everything overall seems good. I think we have the perfect house for Kaley and Kamryn to start off in :)

happy-new-home.png

So there we have it, the happy couple has a brand new home.... though maybe I should have held off until they had more buffer cash since now after the cost of the new house they are left with only $72 in their household funds. But they seem happy so there's no need to spoil the fun with money worries. They are tough and they will just have to postpone adopting for a bit until they earn enough money to help furnish the house properly.

off-to-the-bedroom.png

And of the course the two hurry to the bedroom to "celebrate" their new home. Maybe I should let them know that with the cost of the house I couldn't afford a bed.... nah, they'll manage :p

And that's it for this update. What will happen next?

Will Kaley and Kamryn be able to manage with only $72 to their names?

How long will it take for them to earn enough to furnish the house?

Will the narrator remember clean up the "mess" he left in the broom closet? (*director holds up sign as he grabs a mop* "not likely*)

Find out on the next episode of....

life-and-times.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update, sorry it was a bit slow but there's only so much I can do with looking at homes. As always happy simming :)

The houses featured in this update came from the gallery though I forgot to write down who made them, but to be clear they are not my creations though I made a bunch of modifications to the final house.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Also I wish they would fix this stupid "comment needs approval issue". I just had to rewrite the entire second half of my update (which sadly I don't feel ended up as good as my first version :( )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top