Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    LunBeauty wrote: »
    @AiHaou *Cue Ghost Busters theme song* Lol, sorry. I couldn't resist.

@Colorist40 I forgot how much I missed your Shrek updates, even though I never liked the way Shrek treated Fiona. But I sure hope nothing too bad happens to those two.

@TadOlson Great update!

I promise to have an update tomorrow. It should be a fairly long one with how long I've been playing. Quite a bit happened. I just haven't had time to upload my pictures.

Thanks. I hadn't updated in two weeks lol. Glad you were missing them shows you care.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Good afternoon my simming friends. Hope everybody is well.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Celiria wrote: »
    Okay comments time, once again I have fallen behind so I will start on page 305.

One of these days I'll get in a consistent habit with comments... about the same time Steph is going to join a nunnery :p

Page 305

@venusdemilosims You've got to love sims logic. Pouring down rain, stands outside playing guitar :p

Lol usually for trivia challenges its nice to ask questions the other person has a chance of knowing. Asking about a specific series of books is a touch unfair, but hey apparently all's fair in love, war, and trivia challenges.

Nice update

Page 306

@TadOlson nice update

@AiHaou nice pictures

@Colorist40 Nice pictures, I love that skewed hat on Justin

Page 307

@AiHaou nice pictures again

I have to say, I've never understood the whole dog drinking out of the toilet bowl thing. I get it's water but you would still think it would occur to them not to do it. At least I would think so.

@IreneSwift *whistles in admiration* that is one hell of a house. I've never actually had my sims live in a home that large before.

In my experience I've actually found that mascots tend to be the better looking sims. Also aren't mascots usually young adults? I don't recall having any that weren't.

Wow, first day and apparently Kristy is already popular with the men around town :p

Wow how did she miss a graveyard right next door :p luckily though ghosts can't climb

Nice update

@venusdemilosims nice update, I always meant to play a singer sim but never got around to it so it's fun to see one in action.

edit: More comments coming, I didn't intend to post it yet :p
    I finally had time to shell out another update. I tell you what, it's hard for these sims to do anything interesting and fun since I'm always trying to take care of their needs and everyone has different schedules. So I apologize if this update seems a little boring.

RMdGxFr.png
    Tristan spends a little time with his nephew. The little boy is almost the spitting image of his mother, except for his father's deep blue eyes.

apWEcx4.png
    Royce definitely resembles his mother a lot. He's just going to get better looking with age.
    I also changed their default replacements as you can see because I wanted something different than what I've been going with, plus these eye colors are a lot more realistic. :)

oxlyNOg.png
    39SUsTE.png
    Harold and Cadence want another child, so they get right to work on that. :)

Z0bB3sx.png
    Later on, while at the grocery store, Cadence runs into her father and greets him with a hug.
    Cadence: You're still looking as handsome as ever, like James Bond.
    Jake: I see you haven't changed. Always flattering me to win my favor.
    Cadence: Why change what doesn't need to be?

v36C1jL.png
    Harold potty trains Savannah
    Harold: You be a good girl and go potty like a big girl.
    Savannah: But I like the feeling of that squishy stuff in my diaper. It's nice and warm and makes a funny sound when I sit down.
    Harold: Well, you want to be a big mature girl, right?
    Savannah: *Thinks* Yes.
    Harold: Then big girls do not go around with stinky diapers.
    Savannah: Can't I just stick one of those smell good things on the back of it that mommy uses to make the bathroom smell good?
    Harold: *Sighs and laughs* You're too funny, but no.

oklyUJ8.png
    Tristan and Cadence settle down in the living room to watch some television and have a bit of bonding time with one another.
    Cadence: You and Luna should have another child.
    Tristan: I don't think so. After Luna had Savannah, she said that was it. She'd already gotten her boy and her girl. Three would be too much, unless she felt compelled to adopt, which she said probably wouldn't happen until Charlie and Savannah were either teens or out of the house.
    Cadence: Oh, but I want another niece or nephew. I'm giving you guys another one. You should return the favor.
    Tristan: Nope, sorry. You'll have to take that up with Luna.

SndWvvd.png
    After Tristan leaves to take care of his needs, Cadence gently rubs her small baby bump, which is barely showing just yet.
    Cadence: Just you wait, you're going to be very much loved and treated like a little prince or a princess. Your mommy loves you. Yes, she does!
    In case you're all wondering why she is still in her normal clothes after receiving a bump, I downloaded some default replacements of all of the Expansion Pack clothes that have added pregnancy morphs. All the clothes are the same, but now can be worn as maternity. :)

xQoq7jc.png
    Charlie and Savannah play together.
    Savannah: Mommy says you have to let me play now.
    Charlie: But I'm playing.
    Savannah: I'm telling Mommy that you're not being very nice.
    Charlie: Daddy said that I could play for a little while longer.
    They're both so cute. D: I can't figure out who to let play.

IJCF9Nx.png
    The argument is broken up by Tristan after a while who comes and scoops up Charlie, who is now forced to watch his parents flirt with each other. Poor kid, lol.

N1x8BIB.png
    Cadence gives Harold the news that she is pregnant.
    Harold: That's great, hon! We should definitely remodel our little apartment after the baby is born.
    Cadence and Harold have a little master bedroom kind of separate from the house and there is a downstairs that is empty. I may turn the downstairs into a small living room so that they have a place to sit and spend time together when they want to be alone. Maybe I'll add a small kitchen as well. :)

kjAeB8Y.png
    WR1KGRu.png
    FMBY91i.png
    Cadence is invited to a party at her parents house where both are ecstatic to hear that they are going to be having another grandchild.

ayMRbO0.png
    Back at home, since Harold isn't doing anything, but just standing there and looking pretty, Luna makes use of his big strong muscles and asks him to take out the trash, which he happily obliges.

pI1vWk7.png
    It's the boys' birthdays today! Let's see how they turn out. :D

aOl0n6t.png
    9LkU0Hv.png
    They both turned out quite cute. :) Royce developed the Daredevil trait and Charlie is Adventurous, so these two will definitely be a handful when they get older and are able to do more.

LOYgAVI.png
    DLCfigO.png
    Despite their banter back and forth as toddlers, Charlie really does love his little sister, even if she is a little pest.

UdUiPP7.png
    Hm...a pregnant woman and her husband just randomly doing their old school cheer...seems legit.

mgAJFyO.png
    Not everyone lives forever, especially not sims. The family lost a beloved member. Olivia Dennison has passed away. Farewell Olivia, you will be missed. :(

F1FVsyx.png
    We're all going to miss our feisty little diva who gave us such beautiful children to help carry this family forward.

qIWxf8W.png
    The next day, Cadence goes into labor and is forced to stop gardening in order to go to the hospital.

lzTaGGN.png
    While Cadence is on her way to the hospital, Charlie makes himself useful by cleaning out some of the old toddler potties. You like that, Charlie? There are about three more for you. ;)

rOzkIEe.png
    Cadence gives birth to a baby girl named Raquelle! I can't remember her traits or her favorites, but I can't wait to see what this little girl looks like. :)

5YV01aq.png
    Cadence and Harold are happy to finally have their own baby girl. As the baby of the family, she is sure to be very much loved and happily spoiled.

u91xlL3.png
    Royce trying to be all scary, but he only succeeds in being cute. :D

kgFfhA6.png
    He also has an artistic side, so I buy him an easel so that he can spend most of his time painting.

GpW5Nvc.png
    Tristan makes himself useful by changing Raquelle's diaper while her parents take a much needed nap.

KdG3KLj.png
    fVAuIuM.png
    Savannah is still quite cute, but she may have some competition soon depending on what her cousin looks like. :)

9M5jSrV.png
    Nope, sorry, Tristan. No repairman. You break it, you fix it.

64umS5M.png
    Poor Royce is forced to do his homework after school. He definitely doesn't lookhappy about it, lol.

Q6naNnk.png
    Most of the family sits down to dinner for another night. :)

That's it for now! I'm sorry it was so boring. I hope you all enjoy. :)

Yay another child. I am glad it turned out to be a girl. Raquelle is such a cute name. I can't wait to see what she looks like. I love how Savannah being a little toddler thinks. I can put one of those things that mommy puts to help bathroom smell good on the back of my diaper lol. How about we put a bottle of perfume in your diaper. lol I can't say that anyone would like to sit in squishy poop lol. Whatever floats your boat, but not really socially acceptable little darling.

Ohhhh why cruel fates did you have to take lovely Olivia. She deserved a longer life. I vote we bring her back to life. The kids need a grandmother. "sniff" "sniff" how sad.

Well at least Raquelle has been born to ease the pain some.

Why not buy Savannah and Royce each of their own xylophone? That way there will be no arguing. Those two are precious.

I can't blame Royce. Any kid who enjoys homework is just not natural in my opinion lol.

Great update and boring is not the word I would use for your update. Into every sim game ordinary things must fall, and that doesn't make it boring.
  • Options
    Celiria wrote: »
    Continued comments

Page 308

@LunBeauty You always have such great looking sims.

Lol I love Royce just going like "no I'm good right here thanks"

Lol at "Daddy's being a butthole" best line of the update :p

You'd think he would be calmer about this considering they already have had kids.

Tristan.... just wow....

I kind of want to hear the response on the other end of the line to the ugly butler request.

Nice update

@Colorist40 Or it could be that he has a sandwhich, sandwhiches always make me happy... admittedly that may have something to do with why I'm overweight :p

Guess not, apparently it's not a good sandwhich.

Really Frank, it tastes awful so you feed it to the kid? What is wrong with you?

He understands criminal mask and handcuffs. So we either have a future criminal or a future cop.

@IreneSwift Great update, good for Hal for at least wanting to apologize even if he already has lost his chance.

Page 309

@MayaRose1138 Nice update

Congrats on their graduating.

Sorry to hear your having technical issues with proposing :(

@AiHaou Cute puppies

@IreneSwift I have to say I would be weirded out if a random person walked up to me and asked me to feel their stomach.

That sucks that the illness hit just in time to make her miss the festival, sickness always seems to chose the worst times :(

Page 310

@Colorist40 Shrek's dad really is an idiot, the two can barely stand each other and he wants to move the wedding up.

Nice update

@TadOlson nice update

Page 311

@LunBeauty I always hated the school cheer. I've hated it ever since my game glitched once and a paparazzi stood on my sims front lawn and did it for 18 straight hours (after which I just deleted her).

Who is ever happy about homework? Nobody I know.

Great pictures.

and thats comments.

Shrek's dad thinks that by moving the wedding up sooner, there will be a wedding. He is afraid Fiona might leave, or Shrek might kill her lol, not really that second one. Plus Barthus has feelings for her, and the sooner she is married the less the temptation for him to whisk her away and make her his wife. If it wasn't for the contract, he would.
  • Options
    I heard something foreign in my house... the sound of people laughing! I've been terribly busy lately

@LunBeauty, :( at the death of your founder. Sims deaths are always sad.

@Colorist40, I hope things work out for Fiona and Shrek.

@TadOlson do the Jankowskys plan on adding children to their family soon?

Thanks. I think everyone does, but honestly with so much misunderstanding between them, it seems almost impossible. I don't know if you know what is going on, but if you want to catch up from the beginning I have a blog http://shrektastic1.weebly.com

• Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Good afternoon my simming friends. Hope everybody is well.

As well as can be expected. Good afternoon to you too. You so nice.

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited October 2014
    While Kristy tended her garden on Sunday, she mastered the gardening skill. Because of the amount of time her garden was taking, after eating her breakfast, she called to request unpaid time off from work, which she was given.

1tendinggarden.jpg

She used some of her time that day to do some upgrades to make the shower and toilet in the master bathroom self-cleaning.

2showerupgrade.jpg

It was raining when Kristy went outside to tend to her garden on Monday, so she went back inside, did some cleaning, and called Camillo Mancini, to arrange to meet at the gym and finish the training he had requested, which she had been boo busy to get back to.

3trainingcamillo.jpg

It had stopped raining by the time Kristy returned home, so she was able to finish her garden work for the day. As she worked, she achieved the Master Farmer skill challenge.

4tendinggarden.jpg

With things under control at home, Kristy went fishing first thing Tuesday morning, eating some fruit when she got hungry.

5fishingearlymorning.jpg

It started raining at around 11 AM. Kristy had caught quite a few fish, of several different kinds, so she didn't mind going home. Since she usually doesn't have time to cook in the middle of the day, she hadn't had an opportunity to cook dim sum, which is one of the few recipes she knew but hadn't made yet. Since one of my goals for her is to prepare every meal possible, except for lobster thermidore, its vegetarian counterpart, and frogs legs, Kristy made dim sum. She also made cookies, and a single serving of grilled salmon, since she had caught salmon that day and wished to prepare it.

6preparingmeals.jpg

After dinner, she played her guitar in the bedroom until bedtime.

7playingguitar.jpg

Wednesday morning was very chilly out, but Kristy's garden hadn't been killed by the frost yet. As she gathered her harvest, the bell pepper and grape plants, and all of the herbs except chamomile went barren, so she disposed of them.

8disposingofbarrenplants.jpg

That afternoon, Kristy went to the library. She read a book entitled the Dreams of Jerome, then she met and befriended a woman named Florence Taylor.

9makinganewfriend.jpg

It was time to dispose of the rest of the garden plants Thursday morning. They had all gone dormant in the night, and while they had thawed again and all said they were ready for harvest, there was no visible fruit, and no option to harvest.

10disposingoftherestofthegarden.jpg

By this time, I had decided to change Kristy's balcony into a greenhouse, so after she finished with her outdoor garden, showered, and had brunch, she planted her best quality specimens of fruits and vegetables, other than the tree fruits and the fancy French grape varieties, in her new greenhouse, along with chamomile and ginseng, both of which had reached higher quality than the other herbs she had been growing. She also moved her potted plants inside.

11pottedplantsboughtinside.jpg

At this time, I decided to make some major changes. In spite of setting the Tempest mod to give a much higher weight to sunny weather than the game does by default, it had rained almost every day since Kristy had moved to Monte Vista – not all day, but enough to make some things Kristy would have otherwise done nearly impossible. The only recreational community lots in Monte Vista are either pools, parks, or cafe type venues with nothing to do in them except make juice, or pizza at the pizzeria, and chat with other sims. There isn't anywhere for sims to play chess or other interactive games. So, I added the bowling alley from the university town to a large lot next to the greenhouse, which I had already placed when I prepared the town to move her there, and added another room onto it, for a large roller skating rink, which I named “Bella Vista Bowl & Roll.” (Please don't laugh. They don't give you much space to name lots.) I also added my modified version of the Red Rendezvous on a lot on the other side of the greenhouse, and named it “Bella Vista Recreation Center.” And I added the performing arts studio to another lot on the other side of it. I had also placed the festival lot that was made for Hidden Springs along that same road, at the beginning. So, now there are plenty of recreational lots for Kristy to visit and meet new friends at.

Also, because the weather had been so rainy ever since Kristy had moved there, and with winter soon to arrive, I temporarily placed a parking space where the garden had been and bought Kristy a car. After dragging it to her personal inventory, I removed the parking space.

12kristysnewcar.jpg

Now that there was somewhere to go, even in bad weather, Kristy went to the Bella Vista Bowl & Roll. I had just finished placing it, and sent her as soon as I was back in live mode again, but it was already starting to draw a crowd.

13visitingthenewvenue.jpg

14morevisitorstothenewvenue.jpg

Kristy skated for a little while, then started bowling.

15rollerskating.jpg

She was interrupted after bowling her first frame by a phone call offering her an opportunity to speak at city hall against fish heaving, for a boost in her charisma skill. After accepting the opportunity, she resumed bowling.

16kristybowls.jpg

Alas, she was only able to bowl one more frame, before other sims began gathering around her for another group conversation. She wanted to make more friends, so she left off her bowling and chatted with them until it was time to go home, eat some dinner, and go to bed.

17anothergroupconversation.jpg

Having been kept up late by the previous evening's activities, Kristy woke late on Friday. Though many people wouldn't consider 6 AM to be late, it was late for her. She had several things to do before returning to work for her regular shift at 2 PM, so she cut short her workout. After tending to her greenhouse garden, doing some laundry, and eating breakfast, she made a group serving of crepes. She had been offered an opportunity to bring in crepes to work for a performance boost and a raise, but had fallen ill while she was making them. She had not been back to work since, so was now making a fresh batch.

18tendinghergreenhousegarden.jpg

19makingcrepesforwork.jpg

Kristy went to work in her own car for the first time, instead of using the carpool. According to the popup message, Kristy had received a $20/hour raise for the crepes, and another popup said that she had received a $16/hour raise. You'd think that would mean she had gotten two raises, but when I checked her hourly wage, it was only $16 per hour more than it had been. The game lied! Shame on it!

Kristy was very stressed at the end of her workday, so she went upstairs to her art studio to meditate until the stress was gone.

20meditatinginherstudio.jpg
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I finally had time to shell out another update. I tell you what, it's hard for these sims to do anything interesting and fun since I'm always trying to take care of their needs and everyone has different schedules. So I apologize if this update seems a little boring.

RMdGxFr.png
    Tristan spends a little time with his nephew. The little boy is almost the spitting image of his mother, except for his father's deep blue eyes.

apWEcx4.png
    Royce definitely resembles his mother a lot. He's just going to get better looking with age.
    I also changed their default replacements as you can see because I wanted something different than what I've been going with, plus these eye colors are a lot more realistic. :)

oxlyNOg.png
    39SUsTE.png
    Harold and Cadence want another child, so they get right to work on that. :)

Z0bB3sx.png
    Later on, while at the grocery store, Cadence runs into her father and greets him with a hug.
    Cadence: You're still looking as handsome as ever, like James Bond.
    Jake: I see you haven't changed. Always flattering me to win my favor.
    Cadence: Why change what doesn't need to be?

v36C1jL.png
    Harold potty trains Savannah
    Harold: You be a good girl and go potty like a big girl.
    Savannah: But I like the feeling of that squishy stuff in my diaper. It's nice and warm and makes a funny sound when I sit down.
    Harold: Well, you want to be a big mature girl, right?
    Savannah: *Thinks* Yes.
    Harold: Then big girls do not go around with stinky diapers.
    Savannah: Can't I just stick one of those smell good things on the back of it that mommy uses to make the bathroom smell good?
    Harold: *Sighs and laughs* You're too funny, but no.

oklyUJ8.png
    Tristan and Cadence settle down in the living room to watch some television and have a bit of bonding time with one another.
    Cadence: You and Luna should have another child.
    Tristan: I don't think so. After Luna had Savannah, she said that was it. She'd already gotten her boy and her girl. Three would be too much, unless she felt compelled to adopt, which she said probably wouldn't happen until Charlie and Savannah were either teens or out of the house.
    Cadence: Oh, but I want another niece or nephew. I'm giving you guys another one. You should return the favor.
    Tristan: Nope, sorry. You'll have to take that up with Luna.

SndWvvd.png
    After Tristan leaves to take care of his needs, Cadence gently rubs her small baby bump, which is barely showing just yet.
    Cadence: Just you wait, you're going to be very much loved and treated like a little prince or a princess. Your mommy loves you. Yes, she does!
    In case you're all wondering why she is still in her normal clothes after receiving a bump, I downloaded some default replacements of all of the Expansion Pack clothes that have added pregnancy morphs. All the clothes are the same, but now can be worn as maternity. :)

xQoq7jc.png
    Charlie and Savannah play together.
    Savannah: Mommy says you have to let me play now.
    Charlie: But I'm playing.
    Savannah: I'm telling Mommy that you're not being very nice.
    Charlie: Daddy said that I could play for a little while longer.
    They're both so cute. D: I can't figure out who to let play.

IJCF9Nx.png
    The argument is broken up by Tristan after a while who comes and scoops up Charlie, who is now forced to watch his parents flirt with each other. Poor kid, lol.

N1x8BIB.png
    Cadence gives Harold the news that she is pregnant.
    Harold: That's great, hon! We should definitely remodel our little apartment after the baby is born.
    Cadence and Harold have a little master bedroom kind of separate from the house and there is a downstairs that is empty. I may turn the downstairs into a small living room so that they have a place to sit and spend time together when they want to be alone. Maybe I'll add a small kitchen as well. :)

kjAeB8Y.png
    WR1KGRu.png
    FMBY91i.png
    Cadence is invited to a party at her parents house where both are ecstatic to hear that they are going to be having another grandchild.

ayMRbO0.png
    Back at home, since Harold isn't doing anything, but just standing there and looking pretty, Luna makes use of his big strong muscles and asks him to take out the trash, which he happily obliges.

pI1vWk7.png
    It's the boys' birthdays today! Let's see how they turn out. :D

aOl0n6t.png
    9LkU0Hv.png
    They both turned out quite cute. :) Royce developed the Daredevil trait and Charlie is Adventurous, so these two will definitely be a handful when they get older and are able to do more.

LOYgAVI.png
    DLCfigO.png
    Despite their banter back and forth as toddlers, Charlie really does love his little sister, even if she is a little pest.

UdUiPP7.png
    Hm...a pregnant woman and her husband just randomly doing their old school cheer...seems legit.

mgAJFyO.png
    Not everyone lives forever, especially not sims. The family lost a beloved member. Olivia Dennison has passed away. Farewell Olivia, you will be missed. :(

F1FVsyx.png
    We're all going to miss our feisty little diva who gave us such beautiful children to help carry this family forward.

qIWxf8W.png
    The next day, Cadence goes into labor and is forced to stop gardening in order to go to the hospital.

lzTaGGN.png
    While Cadence is on her way to the hospital, Charlie makes himself useful by cleaning out some of the old toddler potties. You like that, Charlie? There are about three more for you. ;)

rOzkIEe.png
    Cadence gives birth to a baby girl named Raquelle! I can't remember her traits or her favorites, but I can't wait to see what this little girl looks like. :)

5YV01aq.png
    Cadence and Harold are happy to finally have their own baby girl. As the baby of the family, she is sure to be very much loved and happily spoiled.

u91xlL3.png
    Royce trying to be all scary, but he only succeeds in being cute. :D

kgFfhA6.png
    He also has an artistic side, so I buy him an easel so that he can spend most of his time painting.

GpW5Nvc.png
    Tristan makes himself useful by changing Raquelle's diaper while her parents take a much needed nap.

KdG3KLj.png
    fVAuIuM.png
    Savannah is still quite cute, but she may have some competition soon depending on what her cousin looks like. :)

9M5jSrV.png
    Nope, sorry, Tristan. No repairman. You break it, you fix it.

64umS5M.png
    Poor Royce is forced to do his homework after school. He definitely doesn't lookhappy about it, lol.

Q6naNnk.png
    Most of the family sits down to dinner for another night. :)

That's it for now! I'm sorry it was so boring. I hope you all enjoy. :)

Replying on a tablet so I can't delete things for length :). Loved the update - I'm glad Cadence got her girl too! I'm hoping she has Harold's hair so that each of the kids take after their parents.

So sad about Olivia :(. At least you have her saved so that you can use her again if you want :). That's what I'm taking comfort from now that I have ageing turned on outside the household :)

There are pregnancy morphs for EP clothing? Where? I want them! I get sick of changing Autumn's clothes when she's pregnant and there's not a lot to choose from.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Celiria-I hope the Mods are updated soon.Thanks for the comments.
    LunBeauty-Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    MMitchell93-Hi there and welcome.
    Colorist40-I got Garden Market in to replace the old shopping plaza which wasn't equipped for single parents to bring babies or toddlers to work with them.Garden Market has the rabbit hole rugs in the basement of my garden House shell for a rabbit hole lot instead of using the EA shells.They were getting ready for winter though not for snow at that time because it was just starting.They should eat the leftovers before the food goes bad.
    venusdemilosims-They are starting to make the preparations like adding the second bedroom and they'll be saving more money up over the winter.
    Puddinroy-Hi there!I've been CC shopping and got new content in my game.
    IreneSwift-Great update!
    I'll have a special update a little later because I've done some CC shopping.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Colorist40 If you knew me outside of these forums in real life, you would think I was a really big nag too, lol. Plus I'm a little spoiled in that I get really upset when things don't go my way, lol. I'm a bit of a princess at times.

@venusdemilosims I actually cried when Olivia died. :( Actually she wasn't my true founder. The family goes back to two sims named Brandon and Felicia Emerson. They are the true matriarch and patriarch of this family. :)

@Colorist40 If it had been a boy, I probably would have exited without saving to go back to when she was still pregnant and used MC to fix it since you can use that to set the gender of the baby while the sim is still pregnant. But I like the name Raquelle too. It's the first time I've used it in my game and I think it fits her. It's kind of like Rachel, but more unique.

Well, fortunately, Savannah is now potty trained. ;) There will be no sticking air fresheners on the back of her diaper any time soon, lol.

I honestly hate having too many toys around the house. The house is all cluttered up enough as it is, lol. I also think you mean Savannah and Charlie. Remember Charlie has the black hair, Savannah has brown hair, and Royce has red hair.

I enjoyed some homework. I guess I'm not normal. :p

I just wish my sims could have more fun. Hopefully when the kids are all teens it'll be easier.

@IreneSwift It looks like Kristy is a busy little bee. :) But I'm happy to see that she does have some time for fun. You balance it out quite well.

@MayaRose1138 I'm praying that she has blonde hair. It feels like it's been forever since I had a blonde girl, even though Hadley was blonde and is still in the neighborhood.

I honestly want to bring her back as a ghost, but unfortunately, I haven't gotten that opportunity yet. I always get boring opportunities like "Work out for 4 hours" or "Befriend this celebrity", but never anything interesting. Plus for some reason, Grim's Ghastly Manor isn't showing up in my library, even though I uninstalled it and reinstalled it I don't know how many times. In fact, a lot of my Store Venues aren't showing up, so I don't know.

http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/tagged/oemsimsmods This is where I got them all. They only have them for the EPs from what I can see, not the SPs, but I'm sure there are also default replacement SP clothes that have pregnancy morphs created by someone else. :)

@TadOlson Thanks for the comment. :D
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    While Kristy tended her garden on Sunday, she mastered the gardening skill. Becaue of the amount of time her garden was taking, after eating her breakfast, she called to request unpaid time off from work, which she was given.

1tendinggarden.jpg

She used some of her time that day to do some upgrades to make the shower and toilet in the master bathroom self-cleaning.

2showerupgrade.jpg

It was raining when Kristy went outside to tend to her garden on Monday, so she went back inside, did some cleaning, and called Camillo Mancini, to arrange to meet at the gym and finish the training he had requested, which she had been boo busy to get back to.

3trainingcamillo.jpg

It had stopped raining by the time Kristy returned home, so she was able to finish her garden work for the day. As she worked, she achieved the Master Farmer skill challenge.

4tendinggarden.jpg

With things under control at home, Kristy went fishing first thing Tuesday morning, eating some fruit when she got hungry.

5fishingearlymorning.jpg

It started raining at around 11 AM. Kristy had caught quite a few fish, of several different kinds, so she didn't mind going home. Since she usually doesn't have time to cook in the middle of the day, she hadn't had an opportunity to cook dim sum, which is one of the few recipes she knew but hadn't made yet. Since one of my goals for her is to prepare every meal possible, except for lobster thermidore, it's vegetarian counterpart, and frogs legs, Kristy made dim sum. She also made cookies, and a single serving of grilled salmon, since she had caught salmon that day and wished to prepare it.

6preparingmeals.jpg

After dinner, she played her guitar in the bedroom until bedtime.

7playingguitar.jpg

Wednesday morning was very chilly out, but Kristy's garden hadn't been killed by the frost yet. As she gathered her harvest, the bell pepper and grape plants, and all of the herbs except chamomile went barren, so she disposed of them.

8disposingofbarrenplants.jpg

That afternoon, Kristy went to the library. She read a book entitled the Dreams of Jerome, then she met and befriended a woman named Florence Taylor.

9makinganewfriend.jpg

It was time to dispose of the rest of the garden plants Thursday morning. They had all gone dormant in the night, and while they had thawed again and all said they were ready for harvest, there was no visible fruit, and no option to harvest.

10disposingoftherestofthegarden.jpg

By this time, I had decided to change Kristy's balcony into a greenhouse, so after she finished with her outdoor garden, showered, and had brunch, she planted her best quality specimens of fruits and vegetables, other than the tree fruits and the fancy French grape varieties, in her new greenhouse, along with chamomile and ginseng, both of which had reached higher quality than the other herbs she had been growing. She also moved her potted plants inside.

11pottedplantsboughtinside.jpg

At this time, I decided to make some major changes. In spite of setting the Tempest mod to give a much higher weight to sunny weather than the game does by default, it had rained almost every day since Kristy had moved to Monte Vista – not all day, but enough to make some things Kristy would have otherwise done nearly impossible. The only recreational community lots in Monte Vista are either pools, parks, or cafe type venues with nothing to do in them except make juice, or pizza at the pizzeria, and chat with other sims. There isn't anywhere for sims to play chess or other interactive games. So, I added the bowling alley from the university town to a large lot next to the greenhouse, which I had already when I prepared the town to move her there, and added another room onto it, for a large roller skating rink, which I named “Bella Vista Bowl & Roll.” (Please don't laugh. They don't give you much space to name lots.) I also added my modified version of the Red Rendezvous on a lot on the other side of the greenhouse, and named it “Bella Vista Recreation Center.” And I added the performing arts studio to another lot on the other side of it. I had also placed the festival lot that was made for Hidden Springs along that same road, at the beginning. So, now there are plenty of recreational lots for Kristy to visit and meet new friends at.

Also, because the weather had been so rainy ever since Kristy had moved there, and with winter soon to arrive, I temporarily placed a parking space where the garden had been and bought Kristy a car. After dragging it to her personal inventory, I removed the parking space.

12kristysnewcar.jpg

Now that there was somewhere to go, even in bad weather, Kristy went to the Bella Vista Bowl & Roll. I had just finished placing it, and sent her as soon as I was back in live mode again, but it was already starting to draw a crowd.

13visitingthenewvenue.jpg

14morevisitorstothenewvenue.jpg

Kristy skated for a little while, then started bowling.

15rollerskating.jpg

She was interrupted after bowling her first frame by a phone call offering her an opportunity to speak at city hall against fish heaving, for a boost in her charisma skill. After accepting the opportunity, she resumed bowling.

16kristybowls.jpg

Alas, she was only able to bowl one more frame, before other sims began gathering around her for another group conversation. She wanted to make more friends, so she left off her bowling and chatted with them until it was time to go home, eat some dinner, and go to bed.

17anothergroupconversation.jpg

Having been kept up late by the previous evening's activities, Kristy woke late on Friday. Though many people wouldn't consider 6 AM to be late, it was late for her. She had several things to do before returning to work for her regular shift at 2 PM, so she cut short her workout. After tending to her greenhouse garden, doing some laundry, and eating breakfast, she made a group serving of crepes. She had been offered an opportunity to bring in crepes to work for a performance boost and a raise, but had fallen ill while she was making them. She had not been back to work since, so was now making a fresh batch.

18tendinghergreenhousegarden.jpg

19makingcrepesforwork.jpg

Kristy went to work in her own car for the first time, instead of using the carpool. According to the popup message, Kristy had received a $20/hour raise for the crepes, and another popup said that she had received a $16/hour raise. You'd think that would mean she had gotten two raises, but when I checked her hourly wage, it was only $16 per hour more than it had been. The game lied! Shame on it!

Kristy was very stressed at the end of her workday, so she went upstairs to her art studio to meditate until the stress was gone.

20meditatinginherstudio.jpg

Well it is a good thing Kristy has enough to take an unpaid vacation. If only it was that way for most people in real life lol.

I love that balcony greenhouse. That picture through the glass doors is really quaint for lack of a better word. Not in a bad way.

Congrats on owning a car. How it must suck to have rain all the time. My games have a lot of rain, and it drives me bonkers.

Why would I laugh at the Monte Vista Bowl and Roll? I love it. It was inspired, inspired I say! I just love how it flows off the tongue booooooolllll and rooooooollllllll.

Yeah it sucks to be popular, unless of course you want to be popular. I don't think I would want to go somewhere to have a good time and be interrupted. Sims have no sense of propriety it seems. I have been at the Laundromat or somewhere where I was waiting with my head in a book. You would think that screams don't talk to me, but for some people obviously not lol. I have had people strike up a conversation much to my annoyance. I do reply, and then go back to reading, and they continue to ask questions or speak to me, and so I reply, but try to keep reading sometimes they finally take the hint, and other times I get up to do the laundry ie: check clothes in the dryer lol. Then they go away lol.

How dare the game short changed Kristy. I am going to sue in her behalf arguing that since they informed her she was getting a 16.00 simolean per hr raise, and a 20 simolean per hr raise, they owe her a thirty six simolean an hour raise. Sue I tell you, make that scummy employer pay.

Why is pizzeria edited out? Is there some dirty connotation about it I don't know about? Wink wink.

I bet the sims of Monte Vista love the fact Kristy came to town. Now they have places to have fun. I can see with them starting to show up on your lots, they were dreaming of this lol.

Too bad her plants went dormant, but in real life being Italy is mostly warm I believe, might not be right on that lol, they wouldn't go dormant. I will be interested to see Monte Vista in wintertime. I bet it will be lovely.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited October 2014
    LunBeauty-Thanks for the link.I was looking for maternity options myself.
    Here's today's update from my game.
    I went shopping for some new CC because my skin tone choices were too dark and there was nothing pale enough for some of my sims.I got some new skin to use that gives me better options.
    Here's before I got the new skin.
    The skin is too dark and I don't even have skin this dark myself.
    15228034617_4bc714489f.jpg
    Here's after my CC shopping session.
    I've got a new skintone option and it's more like mine.
    Here's Eli Jankowsky after fixing her skintone and correcting it.
    15236794459_9364ecee96.jpg
    Ami Jankowsky with the correct skintone.
    15400510406_9b70c8722d.jpg
    Tanner Ivanovitch with her skintone corrected.
    15236798009_809a68d243.jpg
    Tracy Ivanovitch got his skintone corrected.
    15236883330_0ca740dd6e.jpg
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @Colorist40 If you knew me outside of these forums in real life, you would think I was a really big nag too, lol. Plus I'm a little spoiled in that I get really upset when things don't go my way, lol. I'm a bit of a princess at times.

@venusdemilosims I actually cried when Olivia died. :( Actually she wasn't my true founder. The family goes back to two sims named Brandon and Felicia Emerson. They are the true matriarch and patriarch of this family. :)

@Colorist40 If it had been a boy, I probably would have exited without saving to go back to when she was still pregnant and used MC to fix it since you can use that to set the gender of the baby while the sim is still pregnant. But I like the name Raquelle too. It's the first time I've used it in my game and I think it fits her. It's kind of like Rachel, but more unique.

Well, fortunately, Savannah is now potty trained. ;) There will be no sticking air fresheners on the back of her diaper any time soon, lol.

I honestly hate having too many toys around the house. The house is all cluttered up enough as it is, lol. I also think you mean Savannah and Charlie. Remember Charlie has the black hair, Savannah has brown hair, and Royce has red hair.

I enjoyed some homework. I guess I'm not normal. :p

I just wish my sims could have more fun. Hopefully when the kids are all teens it'll be easier.

@IreneSwift It looks like Kristy is a busy little bee. :) But I'm happy to see that she does have some time for fun. You balance it out quite well.

@MayaRose1138 I'm praying that she has blonde hair. It feels like it's been forever since I had a blonde girl, even though Hadley was blonde and is still in the neighborhood.

I honestly want to bring her back as a ghost, but unfortunately, I haven't gotten that opportunity yet. I always get boring opportunities like "Work out for 4 hours" or "Befriend this celebrity", but never anything interesting. Plus for some reason, Grim's Ghastly Manor isn't showing up in my library, even though I uninstalled it and reinstalled it I don't know how many times. In fact, a lot of my Store Venues aren't showing up, so I don't know.

http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/tagged/oemsimsmods This is where I got them all. They only have them for the EPs from what I can see, not the SPs, but I'm sure there are also default replacement SP clothes that have pregnancy morphs created by someone else. :)

@TadOlson Thanks for the comment. :D

Well if no one crowns you "wink" then it is ok to be a princess at times lol.

My bad yeah I meant Charlie. I was just so impressed I remembered the name Royce I wanted to use it I guess ha ha ha.

Come on two xylophones will not the house clutter lol.

Well truth be known if it was history homework I loved it, so I am like you in the not normal category ha ha ha.
  • Options
    Page 310

@LunBeauty I always keep my sims busy. It's what makes the game interesting for me. I don't know where I was in Kristy's story when you returned to us, but assuming you didn't go back and read it from the beginning, I made Kristy after reading yet another of those “is anybody still playing sims 3” posts in the general discussion. On of the players that replied said she had made a sim who was going to live in every EA world and do different careers, skills, and activities in each one. That sounded so interesting, I decided to do it myself, so I made Kristy. She is going to mostly be doing things I've never done before, though she is also doing some things I have done many times, like gardening, cooking, and working out, because those activities are needed as support for the main tasks she's undertaking.

Kristy started out in Riverview as a self-employed sculptor. The sculptures she's made since she moved to Monte Vista are ones she made during her sculpting career, which I liked so much that I decided she'd make copies for herself once she was done with that career. She did make it to the top of her career.

She also is the first sim I've ever sent to University, since I just installed UL shortly before I made her. I want her to get that special refrigerator from level 10 in the cooking career, so when I sent her to university, she got a degree in fine arts. She also lived in Shang Simla. Since she moved there prematurely because of having her heart broken by Hal Breckenridge, she finished her sculpting career there, as well as all of the exploring that was supposed to be her main activity while she lived there.

Monte Vista is her third home world. Although I don't have all the worlds, I do have quite a few, so it's going to be a long time before Kristy meets Hal again. I want her to stay single through most of her game, so when the game gave me an excuse to end her involvement with Hal, I made use of. Even though you may see her involved with someone everywhere she moves, don't count on seeing her marrying any of them for a long time to come. I have aging turned off only for Kristy, with personalized settings in NRaas SP, and every guy she gets involved with is getting aging turned off for him too, and getting saved to the library as a household when she moves away. Eventually, I'll move one or more of them into whatever world she is living in when I decide it's time.

I guess I've really only had a toddler ride a spring rider once, so far, so it's no surprise I haven't seen the pouting before. I'll be watching for it in the future. That is just too cute to miss!

Have you moved your families to a different town than where they were all born? Are the family relationships all intact in their relationships panel? It just doesn't seem like the game would have them get the attractions for their own close relatives, unless something has happened to break some aspect of the relationship, including possibly a glitch.

@Celiria Are the pools and careers going to be in a free patch? Did they say either way? I really do think they read what we say about it, and they know exactly why so many of us didn't buy it. Maybe they thought there weren't that many of us holdouts, but I would guess that the sales figures may have told them otherwise.

@Colorist40 LOL! Is this something new – you having restraint and self-control?

Poor Fiona! I would certainly prefer death to marrying Shrek, in her position. But there are other things the king could do to her that would be even worse, like forcing her into prostitution, where she'd be used by many men on a daily basis, some of them even more loathsome than Shrek.

Donkey likes Fiona, so he is happy to be of service to her, but he knows enough to know she doesn't really want to go back, yet he's willing to go anyway, even at risk of never seeing his beloved Dragon again. Too bad Shrek doesn't realize what a loyal creature he can be, and how much easier it would be for him to get Donkey to do what he wants if he had always treated him kindly. He was even willing to keep going after he was exhausted, for Fiona's sake.

Barthus is such an i'diot! He just keeps making things worse. Like two months is long enough for Shrek and Fiona to work things out! He could have kept his mouth shut about moving the wedding up, and the Ogrids would have been OK with that, because the grand high councilor was already pleased at the prospet cof presenting them the key to the house in a big ceremony back home. But no, he had to open his big mouth and make things even worse than they already are! If he gets killed because Fiona refuses to go through with it, he has nobody but himself to blame.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as enough time for Shrek to win Fiona over. He has to acknowledge his own fault in the matter before reconciliation can even start, and he's already shown himself unwilling to even recognize how badly he's treated her.

@TadOlson Thank you. Do you have your sims garden before breakfast? I always do if possible. Do you have SP set to slow down skill gains to match your longer lifespan?

Page 311

@Celiria Thank you. I've found that the rabbithole/opportunities glitch seems to have been fixed after all, so I will probably start playing Monte Vista again, some of the time. I'm actually testing my game on my laptop, updated to 1.67, and for my test game, I've moved a married couple into that same house, only as it comes in the game without editing, except for recoloring a few things. Of course, I had to use free real estate to get them into it.

I've only actually seen three mascots so far, once when the Morgans got back home to SV from their last trip before they had children, then when I started Kristy's game. The one she befriended when she went to university was the same one that visited her at home. Both of those mascots were adult. This most recent one is the first YA for me.

Kristy is popular with everyone. She is irresistible, after all, plus she has the eye candy and attractive LTR's, and level 9 in charisma. She's also a one-star celebrity.

The ghosts do travel up the path that runs from the graveyard past the path to her house, but they go on into the town rather than to her house.

@LunBeauty None of your updates has ever been boring, at least not to me. I like seeing good pictures, just as much as reading about interesting events, so as long as your pictures are good, I'm always happy to see them. And I love seeing sims hold toddlers like Tristan is holding Royce in those first pictures. I guess it's because I'm family oriented myself, and just plain love little kids.

And Harold and Cadence look so sweet together!

If Cadence wants more children in the house, she should have them herself!

Why don't you get more xylophones, so Charlie and Savannah can play together?

Wow! Harold looks like a different person in his work outfit, with his hair all gone. I wish they had made hats as accessories or a separate clothing category, so our sims don't sometimes have to have drastically different hair lengths in order to wear hats. I try to keep my sims' hairstyles for different outfits all at close to the same length for the sake of realism, but sometimes it's just not possible.

That sounds like a good idea for Harold and Cadence to have a separate apartment of their own on the same lot. I try to do that with more than one couple in a household. Either that, or a separate house owned by the household, which is a bit more challenging to play.

Yes, the boys are still very cute. I love that the children can play with toddlers since Generations.

Well, they did meet at University, so why not do the school cheer once in a while?

So sad to lose Olivia.

I take it you don't have somebody empty the potty seats as soon as they are used?

Yay! Another girl.

Did you give Harold a different hairstyle, or is that just the one for his formalwear?

A little too much powder there, Tristan!

Royce would probably rather be playing outside.

They need a bigger dinner table.

@Celiria Thank you. I'm glad you're kindly disposed toward Hal. I was not expecting the harshness some expressed toward him. Maybe the situation was too close to home for them.

Yes, that was really weird when that stranger wanted Kristy to feel her tummy. I would not be so accommodating as Kristy was.

Hopefully, Kristy will have another chance to attend the summer festival in Monte Vista before she moves on to the next town. If not, she'll get in on one somewhere else.

Page 312

@Colorist40 I miss when you don't post too, but I don't nag. I just figure you'll get to them when you can. I don't like to put pressure on people, because that can be stressful, and stress is what ruined my health permanently.

@Puddinroy Hi. I hope life is going well for you.

@TadOlson Thank you.

@LunBeauty. Thank you. Having the relativity mod to give Kristy more time in each day is indispensable. There's no way she would have time to get necessary things done and still have a life besides without it. Even just 50% more time makes a huge difference.

@Colorist40 Kristy actually had over $105,000 left over after she bought the house. With the boost to her wages from having the fine arts degree, even with buying her the car and adding the greenhouse, she's managed to keep her cash account above $90,000 so far since she's been in Monte Vista. Like most of my sims, she made a lot of money adventuring, besides for having to make over $89,000 on her sculpting in order to reach level 10 of that career. And then, of course, since all that time when she was living in Shang Simla, she was really only on vacation, as far as the game was concerned, so she didn’t have any bills at all then. I haven't invested any of her money yet.

I wanted to get some variety in my shots of Kristy doing the same things repeatedly, so I've been trying to get some more unusual angles, like looking in through the windows. I got one from though the greenhouse roof too, but it's not as good. Because of the small size of the balcony and the roof sections right up against it, I had to use the move objects cheat to build the greenhouse. The roof is three overlapping sections, so some of the wood flooring I had to put the greenhouse roof sections on shows through them, which it isn't supposed to once they are in place.

I just thought some of you might think Bella Vista Bowl & Roll sounds kind of corny.

Kristy does want to make more friends, though I would have liked to have her do more bowling. But there was no point in canceling the other sims' chat to her. Bowling is one of those things that gets automatically stopped when another sim approaches to interact with your sim. As fast as they were coming, it would have been futile to fight it. Some day you just may see her having a couple of bowling lanes in her own house. When that day comes, socializing with her will be by invitation only, on her own turf!

If you're talking the word I think you are, yes there is a dirty connotation to it. Most people nowadays don't seem to realize the origin of the current usage of the word.

Don't the northernmost parts of Italy get winter? I thought they probably do, which is why I enabled all the seasons. It probably doesn't get as cold as the game makes winter, but I didn't feel like doing all that extra work to set the temperatures higher with Tempest. Anyway, if it didn't get cold enough to make them go dormant, she wouldn't have that cool greenhouse on her roof.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @IreneSwift yes pools and careers are going to be released in free patches. And they specifically were stating updates for this year so there is a decent chance there will be more free content patches next year as well.

To me Hal is just a guy who screwed up and knows it, we all do it. If he was just expecting her to come running back if he apologizes I would probably be harsher but his attitude that if she is already with someone else or if she doesn't want to try again he will just leave without a fuss is commendable in my mind.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Page 310

@LunBeauty I always keep my sims busy. It's what makes the game interesting for me. I don't know where I was in Kristy's story when you returned to us, but assuming you didn't go back and read it from the beginning, I made Kristy after reading yet another of those “is anybody still playing sims 3” posts in the general discussion. On of the players that replied said she had made a sim who was going to live in every EA world and do different careers, skills, and activities in each one. That sounded so interesting, I decided to do it myself, so I made Kristy. She is going to mostly be doing things I've never done before, though she is also doing some things I have done many times, like gardening, cooking, and working out, because those activities are needed as support for the main tasks she's undertaking.

Kristy started out in Riverview as a self-employed sculptor. The sculptures she's made since she moved to Monte Vista are ones she made during her sculpting career, which I liked so much that I decided she'd make copies for herself once she was done with that career. She did make it to the top of her career.

She also is the first sim I've ever sent to University, since I just installed UL shortly before I made her. I want her to get that special refrigerator from level 10 in the cooking career, so when I sent her to university, she got a degree in fine arts. She also lived in Shang Simla. Since she moved there prematurely because of having her heart broken by Hal Breckenridge, she finished her sculpting career there, as well as all of the exploring that was supposed to be her main activity while she lived there.

Monte Vista is her third home world. Although I don't have all the worlds, I do have quite a few, so it's going to be a long time before Kristy meets Hal again. I want her to stay single through most of her game, so when the game gave me an excuse to end her involvement with Hal, I made use of. Even though you may see her involved with someone everywhere she moves, don't count on seeing her marrying any of them for a long time to come. I have aging turned off only for Kristy, with personalized settings in NRaas SP, and every guy she gets involved with is getting aging turned off for him too, and getting saved to the library as a household when she moves away. Eventually, I'll move one or more of them into whatever world she is living in when I decide it's time.

I guess I've really only had a toddler ride a spring rider once, so far, so it's no surprise I haven't seen the pouting before. I'll be watching for it in the future. That is just too cute to miss!

Have you moved your families to a different town than where they were all born? Are the family relationships all intact in their relationships panel? It just doesn't seem like the game would have them get the attractions for their own close relatives, unless something has happened to break some aspect of the relationship, including possibly a glitch.

@Celiria Are the pools and careers going to be in a free patch? Did they say either way? I really do think they read what we say about it, and they know exactly why so many of us didn't buy it. Maybe they thought there weren't that many of us holdouts, but I would guess that the sales figures may have told them otherwise.

@Colorist40 LOL! Is this something new – you having restraint and self-control?

Poor Fiona! I would certainly prefer death to marrying Shrek, in her position. But there are other things the king could do to her that would be even worse, like forcing her into prostitution, where she'd be used by many men on a daily basis, some of them even more loathsome than Shrek.

Donkey likes Fiona, so he is happy to be of service to her, but he knows enough to know she doesn't really want to go back, yet he's willing to go anyway, even at risk of never seeing his beloved Dragon again. Too bad Shrek doesn't realize what a loyal creature he can be, and how much easier it would be for him to get Donkey to do what he wants if he had always treated him kindly. He was even willing to keep going after he was exhausted, for Fiona's sake.

Barthus is such an i'diot! He just keeps making things worse. Like two months is long enough for Shrek and Fiona to work things out! He could have kept his mouth shut about moving the wedding up, and the Ogrids would have been OK with that, because the grand high councilor was already pleased at the prospet cof presenting them the key to the house in a big ceremony back home. But no, he had to open his big mouth and make things even worse than they already are! If he gets killed because Fiona refuses to go through with it, he has nobody but himself to blame.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as enough time for Shrek to win Fiona over. He has to acknowledge his own fault in the matter before reconciliation can even start, and he's already shown himself unwilling to even recognize how badly he's treated her.

@TadOlson Thank you. Do you have your sims garden before breakfast? I always do if possible. Do you have SP set to slow down skill gains to match your longer lifespan?

Page 311

@Celiria Thank you. I've found that the rabbithole/opportunities glitch seems to have been fixed after all, so I will probably start playing Monte Vista again, some of the time. I'm actually testing my game on my laptop, updated to 1.67, and for my test game, I've moved a married couple into that same house, only as it comes in the game without editing, except for recoloring a few things. Of course, I had to use free real estate to get them into it.

I've only actually seen three mascots so far, once when the Morgans got back home to SV from their last trip before they had children, then when I started Kristy's game. The one she befriended when she went to university was the same one that visited her at home. Both of those mascots were adult. This most recent one is the first YA for me.

Kristy is popular with everyone. She is irresistible, after all, plus she has the eye candy and attractive LTR's, and level 9 in charisma. She's also a one-star celebrity.

The ghosts do travel up the path that runs from the graveyard past the path to her house, but they go on into the town rather than to her house.

@LunBeauty None of your updates has ever been boring, at least not to me. I like seeing good pictures, just as much as reading about interesting events, so as long as your pictures are good, I'm always happy to see them. And I love seeing sims hold toddlers like Tristan is holding Royce in those first pictures. I guess it's because I'm family oriented myself, and just plain love little kids.

And Harold and Cadence look so sweet together!

If Cadence wants more children in the house, she should have them herself!

Why don't you get more xylophones, so Charlie and Savannah can play together?

Wow! Harold looks like a different person in his work outfit, with his hair all gone. I wish they had made hats as accessories or a separate clothing category, so our sims don't sometimes have to have drastically different hair lengths in order to wear hats. I try to keep my sims' hairstyles for different outfits all at close to the same length for the sake of realism, but sometimes it's just not possible.

That sounds like a good idea for Harold and Cadence to have a separate apartment of their own on the same lot. I try to do that with more than one couple in a household. Either that, or a separate house owned by the household, which is a bit more challenging to play.

Yes, the boys are still very cute. I love that the children can play with toddlers since Generations.

Well, they did meet at University, so why not do the school cheer once in a while?

So sad to lose Olivia.

I take it you don't have somebody empty the potty seats as soon as they are used?

Yay! Another girl.

Did you give Harold a different hairstyle, or is that just the one for his formalwear?

A little too much powder there, Tristan!

Royce would probably rather be playing outside.

They need a bigger dinner table.

@Celiria Thank you. I'm glad you're kindly disposed toward Hal. I was not expecting the harshness some expressed toward him. Maybe the situation was too close to home for them.

Yes, that was really weird when that stranger wanted Kristy to feel her tummy. I would not be so accommodating as Kristy was.

Hopefully, Kristy will have another chance to attend the summer festival in Monte Vista before she moves on to the next town. If not, she'll get in on one somewhere else.

Page 312

@Colorist40 I miss when you don't post too, but I don't nag. I just figure you'll get to them when you can. I don't like to put pressure on people, because that can be stressful, and stress is what ruined my health permanently.

@Puddinroy Hi. I hope life is going well for you.

@TadOlson Thank you.

@LunBeauty. Thank you. Having the relativity mod to give Kristy more time in each day is indispensable. There's no way she would have time to get necessary things done and still have a life besides without it. Even just 50% more time makes a huge difference.

@Colorist40 Kristy actually had over $105,000 left over after she bought the house. With the boost to her wages from having the fine arts degree, even with buying her the car and adding the greenhouse, she's managed to keep her cash account above $90,000 so far since she's been in Monte Vista. Like most of my sims, she made a lot of money adventuring, besides for having to make over $89,000 on her sculpting in order to reach level 10 of that career. And then, of course, since all that time when she was living in Shang Simla, she was really only on vacation, as far as the game was concerned, so she didn’t have any bills at all then. I haven't invested any of her money yet.

I wanted to get some variety in my shots of Kristy doing the same things repeatedly, so I've been trying to get some more unusual angles, like looking in through the windows. I got one from though the greenhouse roof too, but it's not as good. Because of the small size of the balcony and the roof sections right up against it, I had to use the move objects cheat to build the greenhouse. The roof is three overlapping sections, so some of the wood flooring I had to put the greenhouse roof sections on shows through them, which it isn't supposed to once they are in place.

I just thought some of you might think Bella Vista Bowl & Roll sounds kind of corny.

Kristy does want to make more friends, though I would have liked to have her do more bowling. But there was no point in canceling the other sims' chat to her. Bowling is one of those things that gets automatically stopped when another sim approaches to interact with your sim. As fast as they were coming, it would have been futile to fight it. Some day you just may see her having a couple of bowling lanes in her own house. When that day comes, socializing with her will be by invitation only, on her own turf!

If you're talking the word I think you are, yes there is a dirty connotation to it. Most people nowadays don't seem to realize the origin of the current usage of the word.

Don't the northernmost parts of Italy get winter? I thought they probably do, which is why I enabled all the seasons. It probably doesn't get as cold as the game makes winter, but I didn't feel like doing all that extra work to set the temperatures higher with Tempest. Anyway, if it didn't get cold enough to make them go dormant, she wouldn't have that cool greenhouse on her roof.

Well maybe I will post more even if it is Frank and family lol. The problem is with my other updates they tend to be text heavy, and I know from experience reading long text posts even in story form can be off putting for some people, and that is why I don't want to flood the forums with an update more than 2 a week of Shrek and sisters. Plus although I have some pics ahead, I am running out lol, and that means I have to play, and let the game inspire me, or get pics I know I am going to need lol. Then writing the story in spite of writers block at times lol, and getting it altogether is sometimes just more than I want to do all the time. If I posted 2 updates per story Shrek and Sisters per week, not including Anson and my other blog, I would have no time for much else lol, as believe it or not sometimes it comes easy, and I can slam out an update after getting the pics onto tiny pic which as you know takes time lol, and then get it written in under 2 hours. Sometimes I spend days wondering how or what I want to write next lol. So I will try to post more, but only if I am able so you won't worry about me doing too much lol. Not to mention if I did 2 shreks, and 2 sister updates a week lol, people would be groaning and banging their head against their computer screen in protest lol. Either that, or their minds would grow numb from all the reading lol.

Yep I don't have much self control when it comes to wanting something fun to do. lol The only thing I do for fun anymore is sims, so when I have something new in sims, I find it hard to put it off to do other things lol.

Well getting different shots make it even more interesting. I agree sometimes different angles can get you a whole different perspective on things.

My sims being solitary they usually can bowl without interruption lol. Sad I make my sims hermits just like me lol.

I guess she can really afford a lifetime off of work ha ha ha.

I said the word P. izzeria is censored, but I am not aware of any other meaning to it. If you do, pm with the controversy over the word I would be interested to know.

I don't know if Northern Italy does or not as I didn't look it up on the web. Maybe they do. I think of Italy as being warm and sunny all the time, but maybe not.

Yeah Barthus is afraid if the wedding is put off until she is 18, it won't happen lol. He knows things are not good between Shrek, but believes that if he pushes things up they will have to make things work and he won't lose his head lol. Besides he has another motive, because in spite of what he said to her, he really is attracted to her, and wants to rescue her and run away with her, but knows that is impossible. If he does that and he is tempted deep inside to do this, he knows they could only hide for so long, and he couldn't convince Shrek to go with them, if she were to be his, as Shrek would be jealous, so Shrek would die, and his father doesn't want that. He is afraid that things aren't going to go well if this isn't moved forward and fast. He thinks once they get married, start ruling, somehow they will find a way to make things work.

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Just been on the website www.platinumsimmers.com and they have an announcement there that those with sims 3 and 4 can get free content stuff from the Store depending on which EPs you have. I don't know how to get the free stuff but if anyone wants them, I'm sue you figure it out! I'm just lamenting the fact that I haven't got sims 4 and don't intend to in the near future as there is so much I haven't done with 3 yet. Wouldn't it make more sense to give those without sims 4 the free stuff as they'll be the ones mainly still playing sims 3? :).
  • Options
    Just been on the website www.platinumsimmers.com and they have an announcement there that those with sims 3 and 4 can get free content stuff from the Store depending on which EPs you have. I don't know how to get the free stuff but if anyone wants them, I'm sue you figure it out! I'm just lamenting the fact that I haven't got sims 4 and don't intend to in the near future as there is so much I haven't done with 3 yet. Wouldn't it make more sense to give those without sims 4 the free stuff as they'll be the ones mainly still playing sims 3? :).

Looks like it is for only those who own sims 3, and 4, but you can't already own the eps. If you buy the eps with each ep you get a few store items.

One thing I didn't get though, was it said if you buy seasons you get a weather stone. Didn't that come with supernatural or is there one through the store I don't know about. I have a lot of the items, but it sure is nice for someone who doesn't have the eps, was planning on buying them either way, and get free stuff to boot.

• Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @TadOlson You're welcome and nice update. :)

@Colorist Well, right now there are two xylophones and two of those block toys. That should be enough since I have two little ones and Savannah becomes a child in about two days I believe. I'll have to look at my game.

For me it was English and Reading homework, lol. I love to read and I loved doing book reports in school.

@IreneSwift Yes, I moved them from Lucky Palms to Sunlit Tides because I was bored with Lucky Palms, but they all kept their relationships with the rest of the family, which I moved along with them. I used Nraas to fix any family relationships that had been messed up. The only one that was messed up was Olivia's. I had to fix that, but everyone else stayed intact. So, I don't know. Other than that one time with Lola asking her son for a date, there haven't been any other weird moments.

I'm rather family oriented, myself. I definitely can't wait to have a few little ones, myself (not in the sims, lol).

There will be no more kids, lol. Now, if it was just Harold and Cadence, then I would consider allowing them to have more, but with Luna and Tristan, plus their two kids in the house it's just not possible. I mean it is, but there's only so much room.

Well I did have two downstairs, but I never used them because the toddlers would stay upstairs most of the time since that's where all of their stuff was. So I deleted them. Plus since there are only two toddlers, with Savannah becoming a child in about two days, I really don't need so many.

That wasn't Harold's work outfit, lol. I ended up changing his and Tristan's appearances. I figured it was time for them to get more mature looks. I'm also the same way when it comes to my sims. I also try to make make-up more realisitic if I can, like I only try to give my females make-up for Everyday, Formal (although a bit more dramatic), and Outerwear. I mean, who wears make-up while sleeping, working out, or swimming? But sometimes I'm too lazy to change it, lol.

I had actually considered deleting the entire house and building two slightly smaller houses on the same lot. But since I am not a good builder and I would just mess it up, I decided just to let Harold and Cadence have their own little bungalow that's sort of already there. Raquelle can share a room with Savannah. If the boys have to share, then the girls have to share, it's only fair.

I do wish toddlers could interact more with each other. I think in TS2 whenever a toddler was really hungry and another toddler had a bottle, the hungry toddler would try to take it and it would start a little game of tug o' war. It was so cute, plus the huggle interaction was my absolute favorite. :)

I try to have them empty the potty seats, but the house is so hard to keep clean, even my butler left after one day. That's why I don't have butlers or maids and honestly, the toddler potties get the green fumes even just after the first time of the kids use them. So I'm guessing they're not going number one in there, lol.

I gave both the men different hairstyles and everyday wear. I keep their hair the same throughout all the outfits since in real life, men don't really style their hair the way women do. The most they may do is gel it back. Harold's hair comes from the Pets Expansion

They do have a dinner table, but the family never sits at it. And the family never really all eats at the same time since they're never hungry at once and I don't want to overfeed them. So that little table is pretty much a breakfast table, lol.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    *Starts singing* This girl is on fireeeeeeee!
    28ltkye.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options

@everybody will be back later with more pics from my monster game. I am thinking about updating my Shrek and Trouble with sisters more often, but not sure that I have the oomph to do it. I will try to do one update a week either Shrek or Trouble with sisters, and barring that I will keep posting pics with a little bit of dialogue from monsters lol.
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited October 2014
    @AiHaou... Owwww that has to hurt. Lol

@LunBeauty you always take lovely piccies. I know you hadn't come back yet when I first started posting here, beginning of September I think, but for a little background on Sierra and Skylar's family.

(I apologize to the rest of you who are familiar with the Jolina-Plumbs)

The family has existed in some form since the base game. Its accidental founders are Jamie Jolina (from Sunset Valley) and my created sim, Nigel Plumb.

Screenshot-102.jpg

Their son Nathan was the result of a one-night stand between the two. Nigel and Jamie shared custody, and the boy bounced between Nigel's farm and Jamie's house in Sunset Valley.

Screenshot-153.jpg

When Nathan was a young boy, he watched his father die. It left a great impact on the child.

Screenshot-19.jpg

Nathan was a musical prodigy. His incredible talents even got the attention of the Grim Reaper itself.

nathan_zps15cdd673.jpg

Screenshot-286_zps05aca57c.jpg

Screenshot-1533_zps398d2e4c.jpg

Even though Nathan was not born to wealth, he grew up to become a hit movie composer... and fabulously wealthy.

Screenshot-171_zps05373ef6.jpg

Nathan married a polymath musician, Shandra Summers from Twinbrook (the self-sim of a friend) and had 2 children with her, Savannah and Sebastian.

graduate_zps32d25fe3.jpg

After a wild adolescence and a life of adventure, Savannah settled down, cultivated a successful writing and ghost hunting career, and married her former high school classmate, Andrew Cheesman. He gave up a promising athletic career...

kids_zpsfca93161.jpg

... to raise the 5 kids they had together. He was their primary parent because Savannah's career kept her away from home for long periods of time.

Sierra and Skylar, the two in question, are babies 3 and 4 of Savannah and Andrew. In the pic Skylar is the one in the middle and Sierra is on the end. Sierra, as you know, is currently in college, and Skylar is a teen. The older two, Andrew Jr. (AJ) and Sage, the two on the left side, have graduated from college and are moved out of the house.

jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    Page 312

@Celiria Well, maybe someday I will buy Sims 4, if they're adding in the things for free that they left out, that I'm not willing to play without. Toddlers is a must, and babies that can be interacted with. But even if I do, it will be a long, long time, because I still have so much to do in Sims 3, and I found out when I installed the Sims 2 UC that going back and forth between the two, I just can't get adjusted to the viewing angle that I dislike so intensely in Sims 2, enough to enjoy playing it for more than a few minutes at a time. So my couple that I made and liked so much is sitting there on my laptop never seeing the light of day again since only a few days after I made them.

You're right about Hal. That's the way I was trying to portray him. Nobody is perfect, including Kristy. He's sincerely sorry, and realizes now that nothing else in his life is worth being put ahead of her, and he really wants to be the man she needs him to be. And he knows better than to think she's going to take his word for it without seeing proof in long-term changed behavior on his part.

Page 313

@Colorist40 I didn't intend to imply that you should try to post your updates more often than you planned, only that when you go for a longer time than usual without posting, I do miss them.

Me too on Sims being the only thing I do for fun anymore, and on not having as much self-control as I should with regard to playing for fun.

Most of my sims are pretty much loners and homebodies too, like me. I usually end up getting them all the recreational items they ever use at their own homes, so they don't need to go out to have fun together as families. Because of how long it takes to do most things, when they go out, they always end up being away from home much too late before they can get back and get to bed. With their recreation at home, the long travel time after I realize it's bedtime doesn't add to their lateness.

Well, Kristy really can't afford a lifetime off work. The house she's in is still quite expensive, even after removing so much of it, and the bills would eventually go through all of her money if she doesn't bring in more. But she can afford to take time off when she needs to, to catch up on things. Besides for that, once she reaches level 10 in the culinary career, she needs to move on to a different town and different career, and I don't want to move her away too quickly. I really like the house she's in. I plan on having her living in one of the pre-made houses that's already in each of the worlds, not copying a favorite and moving it with her.

OK, that isn't the word I was thinking. That one I absolutely cannot understand why it would be censored. That's ridiculous. Maybe the forum would like pizza parlor better?

I suppose Bartus could be somewhat right, but he still needs to allow time for Fiona to reconcile herself to the situation before expecting her to agree to marry Shrek at all. Push it through too quickly, and she'll put on the brakes, in one way or another.

We saw a movie several years ago called “Human Trafficking,” about teen girls and young women trafficked to brothels in the U.S. from Eastern Europe. One of the early scenes involved one of the traffickers threatening one of the teen girls, as he sent her to a motel where a man was waiting for her, that if she didn't do as she was told, they knew where her sister was. She said she'd do whatever he said, but when she got there, the client was so morbidly obese and ugly, she gagged at the thought of it and threw herself through the third story window to her death. I wouldn't put it past Fiona to be so repulsed at the thought of marrying Shrek that she'd lose whatever resolve she had at the last minute and do something similar, if she isn't given enough time to thoroughly work up the strength she needs to make herself go through with it.

@MayaRose1138 Obviously, the purpose of giving away the free content is to persuade those of us who don't have Sims 4 to buy it so we can qualify for the Sims 3 stuff. There's so little left that I want, and can actually get at my patch level, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

@LunBeauty So, it's the size of the house preventing you from adding more kids? Bunk beds can make it possible to get more in than the house would otherwise hold. But I'm sure you already know that, so it must be that there isn't room even with those.

The outfit I was referring to as Harold's work outfit, when I made that first comment about his hair being so short that he didn't look like the same person, was the military uniform he had on when Cadence told him she was expecting another child.

So, then the suit he was wearing in the other one, with hair so much shorter, is that his new everyday outfit? I thought that one was his formalwear.

I wouldn't bother deleting a house that already has a somewhat separate area that could be used as an apartment, just to build 2 houses on the same lot either, even though I do feel I could pull it off OK. Why do the extra work, and then have more work to get it to work as you play? With their homes being in the same building, it's easier than with separate homes.

Those toddler interactions from TS2 sound so cute. I'll have to make myself play my Sims 2 game sometime so I can see them. Maybe when we go to Florida for our daughter's wedding, I'll play that one on my laptop instead of starting a Sims 3 game I won't play again once we get back home anyway.

How many potties do you have in the house anyway? I don't usually have more than one for only two toddlers, unless there's a matter of stairs preventing them from reaching a potty without the parents taking them to it. Even then, I'll only add another one if they're in the other location a lot.

You're talking about Harold's new hair coming from the Pets EP?

I see. I have all my sims eat at the same time, twice a day. They're on low free will, so they don't get food on their own unless they're starving.
  • Options
    @Ireneswift I saw your post on the pm. I was going to check the message my notification said I got from someone, and found it was gone. Then I saw your post. Man this sucks. I hope we can find a way to pm somehow outside of here. I sent you a friend request via origin, but don't know if that does give us the ability to chat privately. Do you use yahoo messenger or anything? I don't want to stop writing outside of here. : (
  • Options
    @Colorist40 I don't use Origin, but I logged in to see if I could find friends. Your friend request wasn't there. I left you a message on your wall on this forum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top