Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    @celiria I have a question about ghosts I hope you can answer. Now this is going to sound very mean lol, but I wanted to see a ghost, so I moved in a townie to my goth house, and put him in a room and starved him to death lol. Anyhow he died, but grimmy didn't come. An urn popped up. I put the urn in the yard to turn it into a headstone, and so far 4 sim days and counting, no ghost. Any ideas? I want a ghost lol.

To my knowledge ghosts are supposed to show up within 3-4 days after the death. So if the ghost hasn't shown up then I honestly don't know what the issue could be.

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited October 2014
    Ok I thought it was three days, and my ghost just showed up so thanks anyways. Guess it was 4 days for my guy.
  • Options
    Ok I thought it was three days, and my ghost just showed up so thanks anyways. Guess it was 4 days for my guy.

Glad to hear it worked out :)

• Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @AiHaou *Cue Ghost Busters theme song* Lol, sorry. I couldn't resist.

@Colorist40 I forgot how much I missed your Shrek updates, even though I never liked the way Shrek treated Fiona. But I sure hope nothing too bad happens to those two.

@TadOlson Great update!

I promise to have an update tomorrow. It should be a fairly long one with how long I've been playing. Quite a bit happened. I just haven't had time to upload my pictures.
  • Options
    MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
    I have a question... How do you post pictures on this forum? And how do you make it possible for people to download houses that you've created?
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have a question... How do you post pictures on this forum? And how do you make it possible for people to download houses that you've created?

You can't post images as a new member. You need 50 points and 30 posts before you gain that ability. To make it so other people can download houses you either need an account on the TS3 site (this is a new site for forums all the other TS3 stuff remains on the old site) and upload it to the exchange, or you need to upload it to somewhere like mediafire. First you need to export it from the game if you haven't, then if you use the exchange you can just upload it from your launcher, if you're uploading it elsewhere I'm not totally sure I guess you find your uploads folder in documents (I haven't done this one myself though so I'm not totally certain) or your lots folder.
  • Options
    > @dreamerz13 said:
    > MMitchell93 wrote: »
    >
    > I have a question... How do you post pictures on this forum? And how do you make it possible for people to download houses that you've created?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can't post images as a new member. You need 50 points and 30 posts before you gain that ability. To make it so other people can download houses you either need an account on the TS3 site (this is a new site for forums all the other TS3 stuff remains on the old site) and upload it to the exchange, or you need to upload it to somewhere like mediafire. First you need to export it from the game if you haven't, then if you use the exchange you can just upload it from your launcher, if you're uploading it elsewhere I'm not totally sure I guess you find your uploads folder in documents (I haven't done this one myself though so I'm not totally certain) or your lots folder.

Thank you so much! And darnit! Now I have to start socializing on the forums more instead of playing Sims.
  • Options
    Great... My above post just goes to show how I have no idea how to post or do anything on the forums. Another question, how do you properly respond to other people without doing what I just did?
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited October 2014
    Great... My above post just goes to show how I have no idea how to post or do anything on the forums. Another question, how do you properly respond to other people without doing what I just did?
    You can't until you're a member sorry.
    So apparently TS4 ghosts can't be added to the household. -.-

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2014

It's not you don't worry. Again it's the whole new member thing. You can't quote properly, share images, link things, or have a signature... I don't know if I'm missing anything. You can continue to quote posts if you want, I think we all understand and don't care if the post looks a bit funny. Or you can just post the username of the person so they know you're responding to them you can even use the @ sign in front so it sends them a notification that somebody responded to them.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    AiHaou wrote: »

Yes they can. I don't know how but the devs had playable ghosts in their livestream. There are even achievements for having a ghost in your household and having a full household of ghosts.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Okay comments time, once again I have fallen behind so I will start on page 305.

One of these days I'll get in a consistent habit with comments... about the same time Steph is going to join a nunnery :p

Page 305

@venusdemilosims You've got to love sims logic. Pouring down rain, stands outside playing guitar :p

Lol usually for trivia challenges its nice to ask questions the other person has a chance of knowing. Asking about a specific series of books is a touch unfair, but hey apparently all's fair in love, war, and trivia challenges.

Nice update

Page 306

@TadOlson nice update

@AiHaou nice pictures

@Colorist40 Nice pictures, I love that skewed hat on Justin

Page 307

@AiHaou nice pictures again

I have to say, I've never understood the whole dog drinking out of the toilet bowl thing. I get it's water but you would still think it would occur to them not to do it. At least I would think so.

@IreneSwift *whistles in admiration* that is one hell of a house. I've never actually had my sims live in a home that large before.

In my experience I've actually found that mascots tend to be the better looking sims. Also aren't mascots usually young adults? I don't recall having any that weren't.

Wow, first day and apparently Kristy is already popular with the men around town :p

Wow how did she miss a graveyard right next door :p luckily though ghosts can't climb

Nice update

@venusdemilosims nice update, I always meant to play a singer sim but never got around to it so it's fun to see one in action.

edit: More comments coming, I didn't intend to post it yet :p
  • Options
    Celiria wrote: »
    AiHaou wrote: »

Yes they can. I don't know how but the devs had playable ghosts in their livestream. There are even achievements for having a ghost in your household and having a full household of ghosts.

When a sim dies, keep the urn in the house, or put it outside to turn it into a headstone. In 3-4 days the ghost will haunt your house as a npc. Your sims can click on it to socialize with it. If you build enough relationship with the ghost, you under friendly interactions will get the invite into household choice. Click on it and bam your ghost is part of the family and playable.
  • Options
    I finally had time to shell out another update. I tell you what, it's hard for these sims to do anything interesting and fun since I'm always trying to take care of their needs and everyone has different schedules. So I apologize if this update seems a little boring.

RMdGxFr.png
    Tristan spends a little time with his nephew. The little boy is almost the spitting image of his mother, except for his father's deep blue eyes.

apWEcx4.png
    Royce definitely resembles his mother a lot. He's just going to get better looking with age.
    I also changed their default replacements as you can see because I wanted something different than what I've been going with, plus these eye colors are a lot more realistic. :)

oxlyNOg.png
    39SUsTE.png
    Harold and Cadence want another child, so they get right to work on that. :)

Z0bB3sx.png
    Later on, while at the grocery store, Cadence runs into her father and greets him with a hug.
    Cadence: You're still looking as handsome as ever, like James Bond.
    Jake: I see you haven't changed. Always flattering me to win my favor.
    Cadence: Why change what doesn't need to be?

v36C1jL.png
    Harold potty trains Savannah
    Harold: You be a good girl and go potty like a big girl.
    Savannah: But I like the feeling of that squishy stuff in my diaper. It's nice and warm and makes a funny sound when I sit down.
    Harold: Well, you want to be a big mature girl, right?
    Savannah: *Thinks* Yes.
    Harold: Then big girls do not go around with stinky diapers.
    Savannah: Can't I just stick one of those smell good things on the back of it that mommy uses to make the bathroom smell good?
    Harold: *Sighs and laughs* You're too funny, but no.

oklyUJ8.png
    Tristan and Cadence settle down in the living room to watch some television and have a bit of bonding time with one another.
    Cadence: You and Luna should have another child.
    Tristan: I don't think so. After Luna had Savannah, she said that was it. She'd already gotten her boy and her girl. Three would be too much, unless she felt compelled to adopt, which she said probably wouldn't happen until Charlie and Savannah were either teens or out of the house.
    Cadence: Oh, but I want another niece or nephew. I'm giving you guys another one. You should return the favor.
    Tristan: Nope, sorry. You'll have to take that up with Luna.

SndWvvd.png
    After Tristan leaves to take care of his needs, Cadence gently rubs her small baby bump, which is barely showing just yet.
    Cadence: Just you wait, you're going to be very much loved and treated like a little prince or a princess. Your mommy loves you. Yes, she does!
    In case you're all wondering why she is still in her normal clothes after receiving a bump, I downloaded some default replacements of all of the Expansion Pack clothes that have added pregnancy morphs. All the clothes are the same, but now can be worn as maternity. :)

xQoq7jc.png
    Charlie and Savannah play together.
    Savannah: Mommy says you have to let me play now.
    Charlie: But I'm playing.
    Savannah: I'm telling Mommy that you're not being very nice.
    Charlie: Daddy said that I could play for a little while longer.
    They're both so cute. D: I can't figure out who to let play.

IJCF9Nx.png
    The argument is broken up by Tristan after a while who comes and scoops up Charlie, who is now forced to watch his parents flirt with each other. Poor kid, lol.

N1x8BIB.png
    Cadence gives Harold the news that she is pregnant.
    Harold: That's great, hon! We should definitely remodel our little apartment after the baby is born.
    Cadence and Harold have a little master bedroom kind of separate from the house and there is a downstairs that is empty. I may turn the downstairs into a small living room so that they have a place to sit and spend time together when they want to be alone. Maybe I'll add a small kitchen as well. :)

kjAeB8Y.png
    WR1KGRu.png
    FMBY91i.png
    Cadence is invited to a party at her parents house where both are ecstatic to hear that they are going to be having another grandchild.

ayMRbO0.png
    Back at home, since Harold isn't doing anything, but just standing there and looking pretty, Luna makes use of his big strong muscles and asks him to take out the trash, which he happily obliges.

pI1vWk7.png
    It's the boys' birthdays today! Let's see how they turn out. :D

aOl0n6t.png
    9LkU0Hv.png
    They both turned out quite cute. :) Royce developed the Daredevil trait and Charlie is Adventurous, so these two will definitely be a handful when they get older and are able to do more.

LOYgAVI.png
    DLCfigO.png
    Despite their banter back and forth as toddlers, Charlie really does love his little sister, even if she is a little pest.

UdUiPP7.png
    Hm...a pregnant woman and her husband just randomly doing their old school cheer...seems legit.

mgAJFyO.png
    Not everyone lives forever, especially not sims. The family lost a beloved member. Olivia Dennison has passed away. Farewell Olivia, you will be missed. :(

F1FVsyx.png
    We're all going to miss our feisty little diva who gave us such beautiful children to help carry this family forward.

qIWxf8W.png
    The next day, Cadence goes into labor and is forced to stop gardening in order to go to the hospital.

lzTaGGN.png
    While Cadence is on her way to the hospital, Charlie makes himself useful by cleaning out some of the old toddler potties. You like that, Charlie? There are about three more for you. ;)

rOzkIEe.png
    Cadence gives birth to a baby girl named Raquelle! I can't remember her traits or her favorites, but I can't wait to see what this little girl looks like. :)

5YV01aq.png
    Cadence and Harold are happy to finally have their own baby girl. As the baby of the family, she is sure to be very much loved and happily spoiled.

u91xlL3.png
    Royce trying to be all scary, but he only succeeds in being cute. :D

kgFfhA6.png
    He also has an artistic side, so I buy him an easel so that he can spend most of his time painting.

GpW5Nvc.png
    Tristan makes himself useful by changing Raquelle's diaper while her parents take a much needed nap.

KdG3KLj.png
    fVAuIuM.png
    Savannah is still quite cute, but she may have some competition soon depending on what her cousin looks like. :)

9M5jSrV.png
    Nope, sorry, Tristan. No repairman. You break it, you fix it.

64umS5M.png
    Poor Royce is forced to do his homework after school. He definitely doesn't lookhappy about it, lol.

Q6naNnk.png
    Most of the family sits down to dinner for another night. :)

That's it for now! I'm sorry it was so boring. I hope you all enjoy. :)
  • Options
    @Celiria I don't mean to sound rude or mean or anything negative, but are you skipping over my updates on purpose or is it purely accidental? It's okay if you don't want to comment on them. I'm just wondering. I have been commenting on yours by the way.
  • Options
    Continued comments

Page 308

@LunBeauty You always have such great looking sims.

Lol I love Royce just going like "no I'm good right here thanks"

Lol at "Daddy's being a butthole" best line of the update :p

You'd think he would be calmer about this considering they already have had kids.

Tristan.... just wow....

I kind of want to hear the response on the other end of the line to the ugly butler request.

Nice update

@Colorist40 Or it could be that he has a sandwhich, sandwhiches always make me happy... admittedly that may have something to do with why I'm overweight :p

Guess not, apparently it's not a good sandwhich.

Really Frank, it tastes awful so you feed it to the kid? What is wrong with you?

He understands criminal mask and handcuffs. So we either have a future criminal or a future cop.

@IreneSwift Great update, good for Hal for at least wanting to apologize even if he already has lost his chance.

Page 309

@MayaRose1138 Nice update

Congrats on their graduating.

Sorry to hear your having technical issues with proposing :(

@AiHaou Cute puppies

@IreneSwift I have to say I would be weirded out if a random person walked up to me and asked me to feel their stomach.

That sucks that the illness hit just in time to make her miss the festival, sickness always seems to chose the worst times :(

Page 310

@Colorist40 Shrek's dad really is an idiot, the two can barely stand each other and he wants to move the wedding up.

Nice update

@TadOlson nice update

Page 311

@LunBeauty I always hated the school cheer. I've hated it ever since my game glitched once and a paparazzi stood on my sims front lawn and did it for 18 straight hours (after which I just deleted her).

Who is ever happy about homework? Nobody I know.

Great pictures.

and thats comments.
  • Options
    LunBeauty wrote: »
    @Celiria I don't mean to sound rude or mean or anything negative, but are you skipping over my updates on purpose or is it purely accidental? It's okay if you don't want to comment on them. I'm just wondering. I have been commenting on yours by the way.

I replied to two of your updates just now (from pages 308 and 311) but since I fell so far behind I only went back to page 305 to begin with. If there was one on 305-307 that I missed it was purely accidental and I will double check.

• Options

I replied to two of your updates just now (from pages 308 and 311) but since I fell so far behind I only went back to page 305 to begin with. If there was one on 305-307 that I missed it was purely accidental and I will double check.

I'm sorry for being so impatient. At first I thought you were ignoring them on purpose because you didn't like them. This was my third update so far. I understand if you skip over a few since a lot of updates are posted everyday. I'll try to stop being so annoying and naggy, lol.

• Options

I'm sorry for being so impatient. At first I thought you were ignoring them on purpose because you didn't like them. This was my third update so far. I understand if you skip over a few since a lot of updates are posted everyday. I'll try to stop being so annoying and naggy, lol.

You annoying or naggy? Never. I will be commenting on yours today. Yours are fabulous from an aesthetic point of view as your sims are a delight to drool over lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

You annoying or naggy? Never. I will be commenting on yours today. Yours are fabulous from an aesthetic point of view as your sims are a delight to drool over lol.

@LunBeauty @Colorist40

Plus you can't possibly nag more than Colorist has nagged at me in the past :p

(I jest colorist, nagging is part of your charm, like Rose and her chainsaw. Scary but she wouldn't be the same without it :p Plus as slow as I am I can't exactly complain about being nagged :p )

• Options

@LunBeauty @Colorist40

Plus you can't possibly nag more than Colorist has nagged at me in the past :p

(I jest colorist, nagging is part of your charm, like Rose and her chainsaw. Scary but she wouldn't be the same without it :p Plus as slow as I am I can't exactly complain about being nagged :p )

Stands up on a soap box, with her mega phone and screams I am a nag and proud of it. lol By the way I find I get what I want if I nag long enough ha ha ha. If you don't keep those updates coming not only will I nag, but I will hit you with my megaphone made out of iron lol.

Chainsaw or no chainsaw Celiria Rose lol.
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Here's my update from Oak Leaf for today.
    The old Shopping Plaza was destroyed in a fire that got all of the buildings after a faulty heating system in one started a fire.The town was forced to quickly replace the shopping plaza and replaced it with a Garden Market.
    15382445641_a5585a8ef0_z.jpg
    Here's the basement of the Garden Market building where the rabbit holes are located.
    15198883979_63b694d53f_z.jpg
    Eli got her outerwear updated for early winter.
    15199131927_6f6c01c693_z.jpg
    Ami switched into a winter work outfit.
    15362649756_3e4d97e2b9_z.jpg
    Ami's outerwear got updated for winter.
    15385349852_a96e769814_z.jpg

Oh that is sad that a fire destroyed all the buildings. I can imagine rebuilding back then wasn't easy.

What is the difference between the shopping plaza and a Garden Market?

Wow winter already? I know winter is coming here, and I shudder at the thought of it. I am so not ready. Are Eli and Ami ready for it besides their new wardrobe I mean emotionally speaking?
  • Options
    @TadOlson Great update!

@Colorist40 I'm the same way, lol. If I see a kid pout, I automatically have to give him or her what they want. I'm a bleeding heart when it comes to children and animals.
    I've had that happen a few times with this household. If everyone else is ignoring the kid and doing their own thing, I'll take this opportunity to send someone who isn't busy up, but the minute I do, everyone drops whatever their doing to go try and take care of the kid. I think they do that to annoy me.

Well at least Charlie didn't say something much worse. :p But Tristan was being a bit of a jerk. Luckily, Luna keeps him in line. ;)

I don't let him get away with everything. Stern looks and threats are what I give him whenever he's bad! Yep, that always works! But seriously, when that happened, I couldn't breathe, I was laughing so hard, lol.

The butler does nothing really. I've never seen him clean and whenever he stands in front of the kids cribs when they're crying to be let out or need something else. He just groans and covers his ears and one of the parents has to take care of it even if they're dog tired. I'm almost tempted to fire the butler and move Olivia in to help take care of the kids. I miss her.

Yes, she is. :D

Oh I laughed at that. Yeah crying baby? No just ignore it. Want to do other things. Tell X to go take care of baby, hey what are you doing? I want to take care of baby, no X, I want to, no me. Next thing you know five sims standing by the crib waving arms, stamping foot, while baby sitting in crib crying. Tell other sims to go do something else and tell X to take care of baby, but X goes to do their own thing. Baby sits in crib crying while sims go back to ignoring baby lol.

I vote for moving Olivia in.

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    I heard something foreign in my house... the sound of people laughing! I've been terribly busy lately

@LunBeauty, :( at the death of your founder. Sims deaths are always sad.

@Colorist40, I hope things work out for Fiona and Shrek.

@TadOlson do the Jankowskys plan on adding children to their family soon?

jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Here's today's update from Oak Leaf in the winter of 1846.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up very early that morning and Eli was already tending the garden when Ami started getting up to have breakfast.
    15199028028_221ef6de16.jpg
    15199122957_47be8fe3cc.jpg
    They both spent most of the day studying on their iPads to learn logic skill until it was time to leave for work at 3PM though they stopped at 2PM to get ready.The work was gathering honey at the elixir shop and the pool.Their real jobs would start the next day after the town had to get the new shopping plaza ready when they were forced to replace it after the fire destroyed the old one.
    15199136417_feb33c02a2.jpg
    Ami got home forst and fixed a salad for dinner and put the leftovers away after eating and got his computer out to play chess.
    15382480541_2819d53eaa.jpg
    15199162607_484fd3ffa9.jpg
    Eli got home later and ended up eating a leftover grilled cheese sandwich for her dinner and also had to use the washroom before going to bed.
    15199073978_8abbe3f869.jpg
    15198993940_9a8e11244a.jpg
    Eli was heading for bed while Ami cleaned up the kitchen before he went to bed himself at 8PM.
    15199173427_a2fd6ccffc.jpg
    15198934089_234e24a361.jpg

Ewww a left over grilled cheese yick lol The bread would be cold, and the cheese congealed, and if you heat it up it would make the bread soggy lol. Well since they eat spoiled food, guess that wouldn't bother them too much lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top