Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    @ireneswift I got your message, and left one on your profile wall.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @Ireneswift Ok did it. I have a 25 point item on my list, just include your email in the message box, and I will write you right away just so you have my email as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @Ireneswift by the way on sims 4 forums they have an active thread about them removing the pm's so hopefully we will get satisfaction lol.

I sent you an ingame gift containing my email. I thought I would gift you for being so sweet.

we are connected via origin as it popped up saying you are online, and I have origin on. I guess we can chat via origin, but if you don't use it that is fine. Either email or that would be perfect.
    Post edited by Colorist40 on
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Saturday was the fall holiday, and Kristy wanted to give a feast party. She finished learning the stuffed turkey recipe, then she went to City Hall for her speaking opportunity. Her charisma skill bar received enough of a boost to bring it up to 100%, but she needed 3 more friends and 14 more relationships before her skill could actually increase to level 10.

1speakingopportunityatcityhall.jpg

When Kristy returned home, she started cooking. She made pumpkin pie and cheese plate, but had to wait until 5 PM before she could start the turkey. As she finished the cheese plate, she achieved the World-Class Chef skill challenge, meaning she can prepare meals faster. She had now completely mastered cooking and all of its challenges. The timing couldn't have been better, since guests always come to parties early. It wouldn't be so much of a problem to have the turkey ready in time. (I wish sims would wish to have holiday parties the day before the holiday!)

2cookingforthefeastparty.jpg

She started a new painting while I watched the clock for her, and she was able to finish the turkey before anyone arrived.

3paintingbeforetheparty.jpg

4preparingtheturkey.jpg

The first guest arrived, bearing food, more than an hour before the stated time for the party. I think he was especially eager to see Kristy. It was Jed Jeffries, the university mascot that had come to her house the day she moved in. (See, I told you he's cute without his mascot suit!)

5firstguestarrives.jpg

He is very attracted to her, and as the other guests arrived and formed the usual group conversation, every alternate interaction in her queue was of Jed talking to her, even with 3 other sims present. He didn't always take kindly to someone else “butting in” to politely take a turn talking with her, either.

6groupconversation.jpg

The other invited guests were Camillo and Simona Mancini, Kristy's coworkers. There was also an uninvited guest, Eduardo GilsCarbo (in the blue jacket). It was Eduardo's wife, Carlotta, who had approached Kristy at the gym and asked her to feel her pregnant tummy. Kristy and Carlotta had since become friends, but Kristy had not tried to make friends with Eduardo. He should have sent Carlotta to the party instead of going himself.

Thanks to Eduardo crashing the party, Kristy wasn't able to eat at the kitchen table with her guests. There was a reason she had only invited 3 people!

7notenoughroomatthetable.jpg

Thanks a lot, Eduardo!

8thanksaloteduardo.jpg

After the meal, Kristy and the invited guests went upstairs and played dominoes. Another reason Kristy had only invited three guests to her party!

9playingdominoes.jpg

Eduardo would have been welcome to go upstairs with them to play his guitar or even use Kristy's computer or TV, but he stayed downstairs in the living room and played his guitar until it was time for the guests to leave. I don't know why he's so hungry. He ate at the same time everybody else did.

10eduardoplayinghisguitar.jpg

Somehow, at the end of the party, Kristy gained another celebrity star. Eduardo was a celebrity, but with only one star like her. I thought sims could only get celebrity by socializing from a bigger celebrity than themselves. This is not a positive development. Now other sims may intrude on her privacy more, asking her for autographs, and even following her home, when she goes out in public. So long as she doesn't do anything to gain more celebrity points, the ones she has will slowly decrease, but she's reaching the point in her career where she will gain points for every promotion or raise she gets. She will need to reach a high level of celebrity later, when she moves to Bridgeport and goes into the film career, but she doesn't need it now!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    *Starts singing* This girl is on fireeeeeeee!
    28ltkye.jpg

@AiHaou: giggles. Oh look a hot sim lady, ahhhhhh, fire.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    *Starts singing* This girl is on fireeeeeeee!
    28ltkye.jpg

LOL, her face is priceless. Poor girl.
  • Options
    unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    In case anyone still cares...
    STORY UPDATE

Okay so here’s a little background:

Aidan Aikan is a law enforcement officer that married vampiress Justine and had twins, one human Harietta, one vampire Henry. Aidan gets abducted and impregnated with alien daughter Eloise Anne. Justine dies and haunts Aidan. Dealing with his wife’s death, he goes into a fit of depression and ships his 3 children off to boarding school to focus on his career and deal with personal issues: ie seeing an appariton of his late ghost vampire wife. Aidan has intimate gay relations with his male maid, breaks it off when he realizes it’s a mistake, only for his male maid to retaliate vengefully and steal his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 while Aidan is off saving the town from the sim mafia. Aidan remarries, to a beautiful woman Kaylynn Langerak. His ghost vampire wife grows jealous and torments the new wife all throughout Kaylynn’s pregnancy. Kaylynn gives birth to a healthy girl named Willow. Henry gets kicked out of boarding school because he nearly kills a student, causes mayhem in Sunset Valley, costing his father multiple thousands of simoleon damage. He remains on house arrest as as a delinquent. His good-y two-shoe twin, Harietta, graduates early and moves back home - only to start dating, local rich boy PJ Wayne, which causes Aikan great strife. Eloise Anne gets pulled from boarding school after she is bullied repeatedly for being part alien and starts failing in school, so Aikan homeschools her. Kaylynn becomes pregnant again (after a ridiculous long rest period) and has twins: Kaya and Katrina. Eloise Anne has a teen alien pregnancy and gives birth to Aidan’s first grandson: Eliron.

Henry cleans up his act and manages to sign-up for the military, his alien sister managing to erase his criminal history. He is deployed overseas and marries his girlfriend, Genevieve AKA Genny, who then moves to Bridgeport to pursue her acting career while her husband fights for sims everywhere. But Genny is pregnant - is it Henry’s? Or could it possibly be a popular celeb’s baby, the particular celeb Genny has been reportedly seen with often on in the city of lights.

Harietta moves out as an adult and marries long-term boyfriend/high school sweetheart, rich boy Phillip James Wayne, or PJ for short. They buy an empty lot and build their newlywed home together. Eloise Anne moves with her sister along with Eliron, leaving Aidan Aikan with 3 kids to finish raising and an oh-so-supportive wife.

And that’s what you missed on The Aikans. XD

So, I will be posting updates from all three familes: Harietta, Henry, and Aidan. :3 Byeeeeeee~

You can follow on my simblr :D
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @Colorist40 what they removed pm's? Why, that was one feature they added I actually liked :(
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Saturday was the fall holiday, and Kristy wanted to give a feast party. She finished learning the stuffed turkey recipe, then she went to City Hall for her speaking opportunity. Her charisma skill bar received enough of a boost to bring it up to 100%, but she needed 3 more friends and 14 more relationships before her skill could actually increase to level 10.

1speakingopportunityatcityhall.jpg

When Kristy returned home, she started cooking. She made pumpkin pie and cheese plate, but had to wait until 5 PM before she could start the turkey. As she finished the cheese plate, she achieved the World-Class Chef skill challenge, meaning she can prepare meals faster. She had now completely mastered cooking and all of its challenges. The timing couldn't have been better, since guests always come to parties early. It wouldn't be so much of a problem to have the turkey ready in time. (I wish sims would wish to have holiday parties the day before the holiday!)

2cookingforthefeastparty.jpg

She started a new painting while I watched the clock for her, and she was able to finish the turkey before anyone arrived.

3paintingbeforetheparty.jpg

4preparingtheturkey.jpg

The first guest arrived, bearing food, more than an hour before the stated time for the party. I think he was especially eager to see Kristy. It was Jed Jeffries, the university mascot that had come to her house the day she moved in. (See, I told you he's cute without his mascot suit!)

5firstguestarrives.jpg

He is very attracted to her, and as the other guests arrived and formed the usual group conversation, every alternate interaction in her queue was of Jed talking to her, even with 3 other sims present. He didn't always take kindly to someone else “butting in” to politely take a turn talking with her, either.

6groupconversation.jpg

The other invited guests were Camillo and Simona Mancini, Kristy's coworkers. There was also an uninvited guest, Eduardo GilsCarbo (in the blue jacket). It was Eduardo's wife, Carlotta, who had approached Kristy at the gym and asked her to feel her pregnant tummy. Kristy and Carlotta had since become friends, but Kristy had not tried to make friends with Eduardo. He should have sent Carlotta to the party instead of going himself.

Thanks to Eduardo crashing the party, Kristy wasn't able to eat at the kitchen table with her guests. There was a reason she had only invited 3 people!

7notenoughroomatthetable.jpg

Thanks a lot, Eduardo!

8thanksaloteduardo.jpg

After the meal, Kristy and the invited guests went upstairs and played dominoes. Another reason Kristy had only invited three guests to her party!

9playingdominoes.jpg

Eduardo would have been welcome to go upstairs with them to play his guitar or even use Kristy's computer or TV, but he stayed downstairs in the living room and played his guitar until it was time for the guests to leave. I don't know why he's so hungry. He ate at the same time everybody else did.

10eduardoplayinghisguitar.jpg

Somehow, at the end of the party, Kristy gained another celebrity star. Eduardo was a celebrity, but with only one star like her. I thought sims could only get celebrity by socializing from a bigger celebrity than themselves. This is not a positive development. Now other sims may intrude on her privacy more, asking her for autographs, and even following her home, when she goes out in public. So long as she doesn't do anything to gain more celebrity points, the ones she has will slowly decrease, but she's reaching the point in her career where she will gain points for every promotion or raise she gets. She will need to reach a high level of celebrity later, when she moves to Bridgeport and goes into the film career, but she doesn't need it now!

@IreneSwift: Awesome update. How rude of Eduardo to crash the party. Kristy should boot him out. Cool, dominoes.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    @IreneSwift that's awesome. I like the outfits and the dominoes
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Celiria wrote: »
    @Colorist40 what they removed pm's? Why, that was one feature they added I actually liked :(

IKR? I was unlike usual using it to keep in contact with you, ireneswift, and a few others when I didn't want to post something on here lol. Now for now they are gone. I don't know if they will be back or not. There is a huge thread on it in the sims 4 where people are venting lol about it.

If it is gone for good, that might explain why. Ea doesn't want us to have anything on the forums people actually like or use lol.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »

IKR? I was unlike usual using it to keep in contact with you, ireneswift, and a few others when I didn't want to post something on here lol. Now for now they are gone. I don't know if they will be back or not. There is a huge thread on it in the sims 4 where people are venting lol about it.

If it is gone for good, that might explain why. Ea doesn't want us to have anything on the forums people actually like or use lol.

I've understood some stuff like removing disagrees and that stuff because people complained and I honestly find those kind of things start arguments more than anything else. But Pm's being removed makes no sense. I've never seen anyone complain about them at all. I hope they just removed it with the intent of adjusting it or something like that.

• Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @AiHaou *Sings and dances along* Then put her butt ouuuuutttt!

@venusdemilosims Thank you for the background story on Sierra and Skylar. I'm not sure if I'd be able to find pictures of Felicia and Branden, the true founders of the family I'm playing right now, but if I do, I'll post them so you can see. You can also find a lot of the family members on the exchange, nearly all of them so far except for Felicia. For some reason she wouldn't upload to the exchange or any other uploading program on the web. But her son, Castor is the spitting image of her, only male, lol. Anyways, I'll give you a brief rundown of the family tree.
    Felicia and Branden adopted Camellia then had two sets of twins, Chrys and Castor, then Clover and Cherry.
    Cherry sort of became the heiress since at that time I was going with the youngest. She married Zachery Lyles and had Lyra and Orion and then her twin sister, Clover died in an accident and Cherry adopted her only daughter, Carina and raised her. Cherry's husband was a bit of a womanizer, so she divorced him and moved to Appaloosa Plains where she met and married Liam Samson and had a little girl with him named Lucy.
    Orion fell for his best friend and also his Imaginary friend, Jelly Bean (Yes, cliche, I know. But they were a very cute couple without any direct control from me.) They married and had three children. The first was a plant sim named Eremus, then Olivia, and finally little Faye.
    Olivia carried the family on after that and married James. They had quite a few children. The first was Robin, then came Jake, the girls Harmony and Hadley, and finally later on, Ruby.
    This was the first time I'd had an heir and heiress. Jake and Hadley carried on the family. Jake married Lola and had Tristan and Cadence and Hadley married a sim named Nathan and had Grace and Ethan.
    Now Tristan and Cadence were chosen as heirs/esses. Tristan married my simself because I couldn't resist, lol and Cadence married a college premade named Harold Assange who I completely made over, face and all and now we're all caught up with their children.

Now for the TL;DR version. I'll just list the heirs and heiresses for each generation.
    1. Felicia and Branden (Founders)
    2. Cherry
    3. Orion
    4. Olivia
    5. Jake and Hadley
    6. Tristan and Cadence
    And the current children mark the seventh generation. :) So the family is quite big.

@IreneSwift Even if the house was a bit bigger, I probably wouldn't have anymore. I use bunk beds quite a bit and I also love those loft beds since they're useful for putting things under and saving room.
    Harold's work outfit and formal outfit are very similar as they both have simple white button up tops, but the pants are different. The pants for his formal are navy blue and the ones for his work are khaki I believe. His everyday outfit is a custom content top. It features a blazer and then underneath that is a plaid button up with a few buttons undone and then a white t-shirt underneath and simple pants, something very casual. Tell you what, next time I'm in my game, I'll take pictures of his outfits in CAS since it seems you're rather confused, lol.

Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming marriage. :)

Yes, Harold's hair comes from Pets. It's one of my favorite EA kind of hairs.
    Well I did delete a few earlier when I played the game this morning for a little bit since the only toddler left is Raquelle. Savannah became a child and a beautiful one at that. :)

If I have a small family, I play on low free will because small sim families are easier to control than larger families. I try to have one sim cook and the others do something else and the adults usually take turns cooking each evening. The only one who is bad about getting underfoot is Royce. I think he does it just to give me a head-ache, lol. But he's still cute, so I can't stay mad at him.

I haven't played TS2 in forever. All of my discs burned up in the fire, but our insurance should help cover it.

Very nice update. :) You're right, the mascot guy is cute. :D A lot of them are quite attractive. By the way, I have the relativity mod, what would you recommend me setting it to? Because it feels like my sim days go so fast and there's not enough time to do what I want my sims to do in the day.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    2u8cazc.jpg

I can't help it I just love Frank lol.

or2c7k.jpg

Frank decides to tackle teaching Gary another of Drac's kids to talk. He must be a glutton for punishment.

Frank: The ticket to a good life, is not listening to your father, I mean....

j794zk.jpg

Frank is telling Gary, he wants to be friends, but looks like Gary isn't too enamored of the idea.

i3b37p.jpg

This time it seems that Frank has learned and is teaching Gary better words.

wmc9hc.jpg

Frank: Can you say job?

Gary: Ob?

Frank thinking of retiring as soon as they grow up: Yes something you are going to get when you are old enough to support us.

Gary: no ob. Want no ob.

Frank thinking: Typical kid.

qz3h8o.jpg

Frank: Well if you want money and toys, you have to work.

Gary: Oney and toys? Want!

11l4cg1.jpg

hrfq7s.jpg

29urqly.jpg

Frank tried to use love, football, and desk job to no avail. Gary didn't want anything to do with any of them. Smart kid in my opinion lol.

2h3btyq.jpg

Frank: Maybe you could become a politician. You can be anything you want to be.

Gary: Owive ician?

Frank: Close enough.

i5adqu.jpg

Frank: You want to grow up strong like me right? You don't want to take after your daddy right?

Gary: Dada? I wuv dada

2mzbo07.jpg

Frank: And when I marry your mother, we will all live happily ever after.

Gary: Mommy mare we dada?

sxbo6o.jpg

Gary tired of the lessons and toying with his uncle decided to take matters into his own hands.

Gary: Uncle Frank, these lessons are no longer worth pursuing, as I have attained the rudiments of communication. So I must ask you to desist immediately.

6ftwxt.jpg

I think this look says it all lol.

Later that day:

Justin: Did you see that movie mom and dad were watching last night?

Gary: No, why?

Justin: It was real scary. It was about these strange people called humans. This movie was spreading lies. It said, a guy who looks like Uncle Frank was made out of dead bodies by one of those humans. The monster as they called him wasn't as nice as Uncle Frank and he couldn't talk. Can you imagine anything so ridiculous? Uncle Frank being a monster? Nobody that looks like those humans all the time could possibly exist. I think they are a myth myself.

Gary: Oh yeah I have heard of that movie, and there is another one that shows momma in it. Well uncle Lawrence looks like those mythical creatures.

Justin: I know, but these creatures don't have a good side like Uncle Lawrence. You know Uncle Lawrence when he is in his other form has an animal magnetism which witches and wereladies can't resist.

Gary: Yeah I love how he eats hunched over his bowl licking it up with his tongue. He promised he would teach me how to do it properly. I guess there is a technique where you make the optimum mess.

Justin: Well that movie gave me nightmares, and I think I am going to write that t.v. station and tell them so. Young children of our tender age don't need to be scared by those scary human movies.

a3flfn.jpg

Gary pretending to be afraid: OOOOOOO Justin scared of the big bad non existent humans.

Justin: Well I think they are real, and if you ever met one, you would be scared out of your mind.

Gary: Would not!

r2tg6u.jpg

Justin imitating a mummy (ie: human): Oh look I am a big bad human. I am coming to get you and eat your brains.

Gary gulping: I ain't scared.

Justin: ummmm brains.....

Gary: Stop it.

Justin: We are going to open up your head and scoop them out.

Gary screaming: Daddy, come help me. You are going to be in big trouble and you won't get your daily blood bottle, and will have to drink milk.

Justin: Oh dear I am sorry Gary. I didn't mean it stop screaming. Don't make me have milk pleaaaaaaassseee.

So what will happen. Will Justin be punished by having to drink milk? Will Gary ever stop screaming?

Tune in to find out. More tomorrow.

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    IreneSwift-I actually have them getting up early and gardening after breakfast and I didn't slow skills gain down to match the lifespans.Great update!
    MayaRose1138-Thanks for telling us.
    LunBeauty-Thanks for the comment.
    AiHaou-Great picture!They should stay away from stoves until they've got more cooking skill.
    venusdemilosims-Great update!
    unluckykoneko16-Great written update!
    Colorist40-Great update!
    I'll have my own update out a little later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's today's update from Oak Leaf.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up early that morning and got ready to tend the garden though Ami was studying.
    15210409960_722a5d3249.jpg
    Ami was still studying while Eli played a social game on her iPad when the paper carrier dropped off the paper.
    15210333369_e9cbff95af.jpg
    They were both still studying for a while until it was time to leave for work.
    15210489908_28269cb8e4.jpg
    Eli and Ami got themselves out the door and off to work at 3PM.
    15397090915_96b0741568.jpg
    There were horses gathered around the city hall while the Jankowskys were at work.
    15210434830_b0decbc643.jpg
    Eli was a little behind in getting to the workplace and arrived at 3:30.
    15397106545_ed32337c45.jpg
    Eli went to the pool to fish for a short while as Ami started for home right away.
    15397110235_58c05245c2.jpg
    Ami decided to eat the leftover mac and cheese while Eli was on her way home.
    15210365929_cde20964d0.jpg
    They both got into bed by 8PM and went right to sleep.
    15374092116_a04a6c157d.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Okay, so I'm finally getting around to commenting and posting my own updates. Between life, glitches and this cold that is making me feel lethargic, I haven't got a heap done in the past few days. So I'll start with a house update, then a Summers one, then hopefully get to the comments :)

So I decided to do a house for Daisy and Easter along the lines of one in Riverview where two sisters live together but have totally opposite personalities. Using the blueprints, because that is a lot faster, I created a similar house, only one-storey but a second could be added later on. Daisy's side of the house is green, to reflect her favourite colour, and I left most of the furniture alone, adding only a couple of things. Easter's side, on the other hand, is very colourful and has an eclectic range of furniture gleaned from both the Spyglass Bedroom set and other things that I could find from the packs or from cc (mostly from TSR website).

Here is the outside view of the house. I wanted two different roofs but I suppose that isn't possible.
    screenshot_original.jpg

And here is the floor plan. Daisy's house is to the left, Easter's to the right.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Clockwise (green half): Lounge, Dining room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, Entry. Easter's is a mirror image.

Now I'll show you through the houses, Daisy's first.
    Lounge:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Kitchen:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Dining:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Bedroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Bathroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Easter's house:
    Entryway:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Lounge:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Kitchen:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Dining:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Bedroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    (there should be another pic here of the desk and vanity but I somehow missed that).

Bathroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    Short update on the Summers family. I moved the triplets and their respective boyfriends out. As I think I've mentioned, Charity almost immediately got engaged to Trenton. I moved everyone back in the next day so that I could have the wedding and found out that Athena had also been proposed to by Troy! Somehow I missed seeing that announcement :) But Walter didn't propose to Blossom, and he was the one who I thought would be the first, and when I moved them back in, I still couldn't get that function working. Not only that, but Blossom had found a new romantic interest!!!! She hadn't split up with Walter though, so maybe she's the one I've got to be worried about!! Also, that means I'll have to find that SP mod to disallow flirting between involved sims. I did it for the household but maybe should have done it for the whole town :)

I haven't actually got the double wedding yet. I'm think that might have to be on the weekend (it's Thursday in the game). But it was the quads' birthday :) Since it is only one day until winter, I got them ready for the cold weather and for Christmas :) And out of all the cc I downloaded this week, I didn't get one new hairstyle for boys!!

Kent: (random traits since there's no 'k' ones yet - genius, light sleeper, animal lover)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Luna: (loves outdoors, loves cold, lucky)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Matisse: (random traits - virtuoso, genius, ??)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Nessa: (neurotic, athletic, neat)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here they are playing the blocks:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

And in the tree house:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Oh, and here is Hawk practising being handy. Just as well no-one was needing the dishwasher in any hurry!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a bit more time to play today and get the weddings done, and have Jaguar, Daisy and Easter's birthdays. I'm planning on sending Daisy and her boyfriend to university but I might leave that now for a week or so and get back to the Rainbow game. I think I started that four months ago and I'm still only on the first generation!!!!
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 Did your girls ever manage to graduate? It sounds like you had worse than the usual glitching. Did you ask for help in the general discussion? There might be somebody there that knows what you could do to fix the problem, if there is a fix, other than going back to the save before they went and sending them over again.

@MayaRose1138 I'm glad your girls were able to graduate once they got home. That's really strange though. It sounds like your game is glitching pretty badly. I'd say it's probably a good chance that it is some of the CC you've just downloaded, or even something you've had for awhile.

In all the time I've been playing Sims 3, the only third party CC I ever had was the baby footie sleepers and the little wisps baby hair. I used it all the time on my babies and never had any issues at all, until I got Pets. I had a terrible time with Pets, and nothing I did fixed the issue. I tried several different test games with different kinds of pets, and it always glitched in exactly the same way. I did everything possible. Then I removed those baby sleepers and hair. Problem solved. No more problems with pets, ever again. Lots of other players use those exact same items with no problems. I used them for a long time with no problems. But something about them just would not work with pets on my computer, even though I wasn't even using them in any of those games. Just being in the game folder was all it took.

@MayaRose1138 Yes, I took Hal to China in a separate save, just to get the pictures. That's not something I normally do, because I don't play to write. I play to play, and let the game give me whatever story I will write. It's not something I'm going to make a habit of doing either. I had to do some major manipulation to get the other characters to cooperate, and even take Shing into CAS to change his features for the one where he's become hostile toward Hal. That's not much fun, and I was so glad when it was done.

It'll be interesting to see if it glitches like that in other Uni games or whether that was just a one off. Daisy is the next one to go (I plan on having at least six of Autumn's children go to university so I can experience each of the courses). It could be Island Paradise. It was glitching when I first downloaded it so I haven't tried playing on the island since but the rest of the pack, such as the mermaids and clothing, seem to be fine. I've been very careful with my cc, only getting them from sites people here have recommended, or from the likes of MTS or TSR, so I'm hoping that that is not it.

I have an idea of what I want my sims to do (ie., in the Alphabet game, the children have hobbies based on their respective letters) but then the game will throw in things that I don't expect, like sending a random sim to the house with one of the kids and having them fall in love without someone at the house :) So I can imagine that making the story work out exactly as you want it would be annoying. But at least that's done now.

Bad Eduardo, crashing the party. That's what I dislike about throwing parties; there's always some random sim who attends! But Kristy seems to be continuing to do well with her sculptures and everything. I have never got one of my sims to level 10 in charisma, although I think Autumn and Blossom are pretty close, up to level 8 or something.
    @MayaRose1138 Obviously, the purpose of giving away the free content is to persuade those of us who don't have Sims 4 to buy it so we can qualify for the Sims 3 stuff. There's so little left that I want, and can actually get at my patch level, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Now see, I would think that if you had Sims4 then you would be more likely to play it than keep wanting stuff from the store for Sims3. Whereas it could have been a good incentive for Sims3 players to continue on with that until such time as they decided to switch to Sims4. But that's just me :)
    Fiona: So you see donkey living with Shrek is bugging me, and I have to get away. I think if I can go somewhere away from here and think, I can hopefully solve my problems. Will you let me ride you? I don't dare walk the streets after what the townspeople did to me, but you being so fast, I think I don't have anything to fear.

Donkey: I am game, but no trips to water. I hate water, water is evil. Shrek and him had one time ridden out after a flood to check on Shrek's father, and donkey maintained he almost drowned. In reality, although the water was up to the top of his legs, he had tripped and they both had fallen into the water. Donkey had panicked and it was only at Shrek's beating donkey to get him to calm down, that saved him or so donkey claims. Now outside of drinking water, donkey wouldn't step in a puddle unless absolutely necessary, and he would shudder so hard if he did, that a few times he almost threw Shrek which angered Shrek and again got him undeserved beatings.

Oh Fiona, running away isn't going to solve anything; didn't you learn anything from when you went to the park? And poor Donkey; I'm quite sure that to his mind, that incident had really been a matter of life and death (because he's such a drama queen :) )
    There was no reply. Irritated Shrek went looking for her. To his horror he realized that not only was Fiona gone, but donkey as well. Where could she have gone? Why did she leave? Was she coming back? Shrek in a panic. What if she didn't come back? Oh dear heaven, this was a catastrophe. If she didn't come back, how was he going to tell his dad? Worse yet, how was his dad going to explain it to the high councilor without getting them both killed?

He knew the answer to that, and that is why Fiona had to come back, she just had to.

See, Shrek, this is why you should have been less of an ogre to Fiona when she first arrived. But I supposed you learned from the best :)

Re your monsters update, Frank really is having problems with the children, isn't he? Never mind, he will learn... or maybe not :) As for the toddlers, being scared by those 'human' movies... I can quite understand that but my fear runs in the reverse!
    Just been on the website www.platinumsimmers.com and they have an announcement there that those with sims 3 and 4 can get free content stuff from the Store depending on which EPs you have. I don't know how to get the free stuff but if anyone wants them, I'm sue you figure it out! I'm just lamenting the fact that I haven't got sims 4 and don't intend to in the near future as there is so much I haven't done with 3 yet. Wouldn't it make more sense to give those without sims 4 the free stuff as they'll be the ones mainly still playing sims 3? :).

Looks like it is for only those who own sims 3, and 4, but you can't already own the eps. If you buy the eps with each ep you get a few store items.

One thing I didn't get though, was it said if you buy seasons you get a weather stone. Didn't that come with supernatural or is there one through the store I don't know about. I have a lot of the items, but it sure is nice for someone who doesn't have the eps, was planning on buying them either way, and get free stuff to boot.

Well, that's not fair! I think it should be available to those who aren't new to Sims3 because it's an incentive to keep playing and spending money. People who are new to the sims are probably now going to go straight to Sims4. There were a few sets there that I really would have liked, such as the costumes, but it will take forever to save up for them as they are not giving away free points very often now.

I thought the weather stone came with supernatural too, so I don't know about any store-bought one.
    @MayaRose1138 Nice update. Congrats on their graduating. Sorry to hear your having technical issues with proposing :(

Thank you :) I know - I don't know what's gone wrong! Charity and Athena were both proposed to for the day that they were out of the household, but not Blossom, and she's the one with a boyfriend who wants to get married :) So I suppose I'll have to continue to wait and see.

Did I comment on the last Kaley update? If not, it was very good. Regarding them having kids, I think that adoption would be the better option unless you want to see what a combined child of theirs would look like, and then you should get one of them to be pregnant :)
    LunBeauty wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 I'm praying that she has blonde hair. It feels like it's been forever since I had a blonde girl, even though Hadley was blonde and is still in the neighborhood.

I honestly want to bring her back as a ghost, but unfortunately, I haven't gotten that opportunity yet. I always get boring opportunities like "Work out for 4 hours" or "Befriend this celebrity", but never anything interesting. Plus for some reason, Grim's Ghastly Manor isn't showing up in my library, even though I uninstalled it and reinstalled it I don't know how many times. In fact, a lot of my Store Venues aren't showing up, so I don't know.

http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/tagged/oemsimsmods This is where I got them all. They only have them for the EPs from what I can see, not the SPs, but I'm sure there are also default replacement SP clothes that have pregnancy morphs created by someone else. :)

You'll have aged Raquelle up by now so you'll know whether she's got blonde hair :)

That's annoying that the Manor isn't showing up in the library, or a lot of the venues. Something has obviously decided not to work, so I hope you get that sorted out quickly. I haven't got much in the way of Store Venues, just the Renaissance Faire, or any of the buildings. I'm still waiting for the Spyglass Bathroom to come on sale but I'm beginning to think it will only do that if I buy it first :)

Royce and Charlie look good as children. I'm going to have to find those hairstyles because I want my boys to look like that too!!

Thank you for the link! I went and downloaded all the relevant ones yesterday. It took a lot longer than I would have liked because the power went off for an hour in the middle of it!! I'm still trying to track down the SP pregnancy morphs because the dress I like of Autumn's is from the Movie Pack.
    In case anyone still cares...

We care, even if we're not always vocal about it :) I haven't read the story over on the link but I have been reading your updates and gee, your story sounds like a soap opera. 'Days of Our Sims', or something like that :) You must have the teen pregnancy mod for Eloise to have had a baby. Good update!!

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @TadOlson: I bet her parents like having a child that can entertain herself. Sandi got to go out and see the store. :D How exciting for her. :D

I'm sure they'll bounce back from it. :D Ah warm weather for winter, very good. :D

Good to see him making fresh salad. :D

Quite a difference! :D

Horses, just hanging out, shooting the hey.

Fishing in the pool...is Eli childish? :D

@Aihaou: Doesn't look like she had a good driving class...I can only imagine. (Camilla: They counted me off for spelling!)

Cute puppies!

Is that a ghost behind her with a fire extinguisher? :D

@Colorist: Lol- Sounds like Gary got the intensity of a vampire instead of their condition. :D He's got lovely purple skin, by the way. :D She has lovely hair. :D Drac pulls an Erlenmeyer flask out of...his pocket... I'm sure he thinks a potion is the best solution, but that's not how you solvent!...oh, the chemistry jokes...

(Frank: What, he scares me!) :D

Well, he doesn't smile much, huh? Oh, Frankie, don't! Lol- yeah, Justin isn't having it! Creepy blue kid lol. :D Lol- utensil. :D Well, I guess he can't demand an explanation for this behavior if the kid doesn't know words yet... Lol@Mask! Lol- oh dear, what a look on Frank's face! :D

Well, I'm sure it feels like it feel good to not miss her father so much, but not missing him at all would be weird, huh? :D Well, not wanting to be the source of someone's death is a place to start! Though I think that's pretty far from love! It's right up there next to pure hatred...it's in the impure hatred side...lol...hopefully this can get better. :D Lol@ no trips to water! Poor Donkey! Yeah, when you're feeling very in the moment, when you listen to sounds and see sights and feel breezes without thinking of everything that stresses you out, it can be very relaxing. Oh, highway hypnosis on Donkey? Lol! Well, 8 months is a long time when you're 16 (I know she's 17 but she just got there.) Well, she's much more gentle with Donkey than Shrek is. :D Wow, I guess she doesn't have a whole year to come around...since the Ogrids are insisting! So they only have a month?! To go from simply not wanting to kill each other to cooperation with each other in a month! This promises to be entertaining! :D Oh, a big ceremony- what could possibly go wrong? Lol- I think it's starting to dawn on Shrek that he can't just blow Fiona off. :D I'm sure Barthus just wanted to get it over with. :D Lol- now you care! Now it's real. Why don't you sit down and think about all the this and prepare an apology? :D Like a really good one, because you've really upset her, Shrek! :D

Lol@ Frank. :D Lol, well, if you teach him to not listen to his father, you might just be teaching him that adults advise is optional, you can never tell what lessons actually learn from what you say until they tell you later. :D Lol@ Gary's full sentences! He has been learning from his uncle! :D

Lol, nightmares about humans! Oh, sounds like zombies, really. :D Denied plasma? Oh, the simanity! :D (Oh, I guess he did get the intensity and the lifestate, I stand corrected!) :D

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Zabeth0 wrote: »

@Aihaou: Doesn't look like she had a good driving class...I can only imagine. (Camilla: They counted me off for spelling!)

Cute puppies!

Is that a ghost behind her with a fire extinguisher? :D
    Yep they added in ghosts via patch to sims 4. :D
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    @Maya: I look forward to it. :D

He's actually pretty anesthetized to it- he'll be happy to die for her- he's that in love- he's not trying to win her over so she doesn't kill him, just so he can share this love with her- she seems so unhappy, and if she loved him too, they could both be happy together instead of her being unhappy and him being so happy. Well, even if he's used to kill her, she's still better off right now than she was 2 days ago. :D

Aw, sisters. :D Lol- yeah, their hair is very different but their eyes and eyebrows and expressions are very similiar. :D Ah, watching the stars...lol hopefully he's light as a fairy! :D Well, you were more worried about Athena and Troy, so I can understand why you might have caught more of them. :D Lol- yeah, they read wherever they want! :D And her thought bubble is about how well decorated the place is! :D Yeah, glad they got their diplomas, but I hope you figure out the no proposal bug. :D

I hope you get better soon! :D Roofing can be very hard. :D When I turn auto-roof off and mess with roofs, I can put on more than one roof, but it's messy and fiddly. So it's kind of like a duplex? Those are quite different styles... :D I think I like the green one the most myself. :D

Oh why couldn't it have just done it right and had everyone get engaged? And getting Blossum another love interest! Bad SP! No cookie! I hope you can fix that so she's not running around on Walter. The double wedding sounds fun. :D Christmas sweaters. :D Lol Nessa looks so not bothered! :D Good the kids are having fun. :D

@IreneSwift: Lots of work! Lots of space for pics from different angles. :D That is a large bathroom! Huge! Let's call it not crowded! :D Sounds like she's excited to fill that garden space up! :D I'm sure we'll see Gino around later. :D It's quite a pleasant kitchen. They look well organized. :D Lol- instant friends with all coworkers in the dead of night! :D Hit on her while she was sleeping? (Hey, baby, um, hey baby? You...sleep like a baby...oh, I'm going home!) Well, routine is routine. Lol. :D Lol well, if she ever has a wish to hang out at the cemetary, she's right there... :D Lol!

Uh oh. :D Ah, an actual change! Yay, personal growth! :D Willint o leave if she's already happy, yep, that's a quick shot of maturity. :D Nice. Ah, yeah, being that she saved them from that great evil overlord they are unlikely to want to help him find her.. Oh boy! Well, at least he knows now how awesome Kristy is. :D Oh boy, he's going to track her down.. :D

The garden looks healthy. :D Nice strategy. :D Most artists get attached to their work space. I'm surprised the game knew that! :D Great plan- the meditation probably gives her some peace before all the running around and drama of the kitchen (and time pressure). Planning ahead is good. :D She looks like she's have a good time training him (and she doesn't look like she's yelling in his face so, that's good too). :D Lol! (Random stranger: Hey, can you feel this? I think there might be something in there?) Well, artists still make art for their sanity even when they aren't going to sell it. :D That'll help- less weeds= less time gardening for the same benefit. :D Yeah, why risk it? :D Well, at least she ate dinner... probably thinking about painting the whole time, but at least she did it. :D Oh, ouch. It's never fun to get sick...and then on top of it's a holiday, and she's missing a festival! What timing! :D Poor Kristy. :D Good placement of the fish sculpture. :D

Well, at least it's harvest time! :D Nice she could arrange things around the rain. :D That's a lot of gardening! Nice variety of food. :D Playing in front of an audience of vases! :D Well, that'll cut down on her gardening load. :D Oh, wow, okay that gardening no harvest bug just cut it right out. Nice touch in moving the potted plants indoors. :D It's always nice to have a lot of choices for entertainment. :D Well, it's nice to meet people...and talk about planets! :D I'm sure they'll love her fresh crepes! :D Yeah, the game can be really tricky on money... :D The nice relaxing art room. :D Yep, the best place to meditate (as long as she didn't leave paint out, and she totally wouldn't do that!) :D

Yeah, the game times for some things are crazy...who wants to wait that long to cook their turkey? Lol. Yep, he's cute. :D Now, Jed, you have to let other friends talk to her too. :D Oh, poor Kristy... well, at least she got to play dominoes surrounded by sims. :D Wow, I don't know why he's so hungry...he's not a vampire..? (Then eating wouldn't matter since it doesn't fill the thirst bar) Yeah, celebrity stars are a pain. :D Yeah, I'm sure you don't want to have to deal with that before you have to in Bridgeport! :D
  • Options
    @Venusdemilosims: Oh, cool. :D Yeah, I remembered she wanted to and was wondering if she had done so under a pen name. :D But her Aunt Maggie is probably an inspiration to her. :D Lol- wild horses couldn't keep students from studying for finals! :D No, really, they couldn't, what were they going to do, knock on the doors with their hooves? :D

Oh, simfest. :D What a serious waiting look. :D lol. Well practices and experience help. :D Persistence is fertile. :D (As opposed to Resistence being futile.) :D

Alien mask? :D Pirate?

Laughing people? Are they your family, or have you been invaded by laughing neighbors? :D

So, who's the blond kid Skyler has her hand around the neck of? (Ah, sims' poses can be so awkward) :D

@Celiria: Lol, thanks. :D

Lol! The dungeon? Lol- broom closet! :D (Here's the tightly bound mop! The shelves, oh the firmly wrought shelves! And if you try to get out, we'll put this bucket over your head and Skyrim players will come level their pickpocketing on you!)

Lol@can't find it can you?

Yes, "sleeping". Yeah, the game did well. :D

Yes, the library! :D Wow, a very active library. :D Lol-that's code for go go cages. :D

Lol@"Johnny: Kaley....Tina is dead"

Wow, lol all the appliances in the kitchen popped. :D

Yeah, moving is way easier in game than in real life. :D

• Options
    @LunBeauty: Hopefully this butler is useful! :D Adorable. :D Very nice. Traffic jams are really annoying and waste lots of time, so I can understand planning to avoid them. :D Lol@ Last I checked, that wasn't some terminal illness. :D Very cute with boys and Tristen watching tv. :D Hopefully Charlie doesn't take that vocabulary word to school. :D Lol@ making the bed in a time like this. :D Then he went to bed! What?! Oh, the sims! Great seeing Hadley again. :D Lol@ Preferably an ugly one! lol! Oh dear- the box...flooring, wall paper and lights as you starve? :D Oh, this game and it's dating calls! :D No limit to how bad it gets...though I seem to remember Orion was getting family dating calls too. :D Lol- is it proper to get into formal wear to garden? Will the tomatoes be offended by less than formal attire? :D (No, it's the grapes that will blush!) :D Savannah is adorable. :D

Nice to run into family. :D No baby arms race! :D It's good to have nice maternity wear. :D I imagine it's a bigger priority in families who have more babies. :D (If I ever break down and learn how to install and deal with non ea cc...it's going to be for the toddler hair... then the dam will burst and I'll probably run out and try to do too much and crash my computer, because I'm a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like that...) :D Well, at least the family still loves music...and wisely lets their toddlers practice with little xylophones so they don't have to suffer through the beginning levels of instruments starting at no skill. :D The boys are adorable. :D Yeah, they'll be a handful alright! :D One handful of fireworks and one handful of relics! :D Aw...Olivia! Well, her ghost looks amused. :D I really do hope the science lab gets you that opportunity soon. :D Nice that he's helping around the house, even though he obviously isn't having fun doing so. :D Oh, the painting dinosaur! Cuteness overload. :D (Rex: And over here, I'll put some happy little triceratops!)

@Puddinroy: Hiya :D
  • Options
    Evil Travel Agent's Guide to Dragon Valley Starring Nicolae Irwin Part 5

2qc2dcg.jpg

Now, fellow agents of evil, let me remind you that Dragon Valley is a large area. Most of the buildings are crowded together with a few outlying and hidden buildings, but there are vast spaces to explore. There are also certain things that can only be seen clearly from the air. And I shall show you some from my dragon Run's flights. But first...

351za61.jpg

The school is one of the highest buildings. I suppose someone heard the expression higher learning, and took it a little too literally.

iykbhg.jpg

A laser must have been enlisted to dig this well!

33aaskk.jpg

Behind a row of trees, there is a fairly modern styled fountain, and behind that fountain...

fdacqu.jpg

There is a strange pattern that becomes clear from the air. This is not the only such pattern. These 'land marks' are helpful to Run in navigating so he knows exactly where he is. Do no damage to them, dragons have an extraordinary sense of smell... you have been warned.

10hm2s2.jpg

There is also a more dragon shaped one over by the walls...

zko96r.jpg

And this other simple one over by some of curled areas of road.

vosas4.jpg

I haven't really figured out what the purpose of these areas are...

dpc085.jpg

Perhaps during different times of day, the shadows distract the dragons...but that it just conjecture.

4sbqly.jpg

Once you set off from the school, you'll find a small trail...

2ryri9f.jpg

...and if you follow it...

2echdoh.jpg

...far enough...

w6uyza.jpg

...you'll eventually find...

2q8vdja.jpg

...it's end next to a big fat, ugly tree...

2yor5li.jpg

If you do this...you've completely wasted your time!

2q15r9t.jpg

See, I've wasted it for you...You're welcome.

2rz2el5.jpg

Of course there are other trails...

1jfur.jpg

...you can follow...

jtwkkk.jpg

...all night, while watching the shooting stars...

erd0s8.jpg

...and eventually...

2u7rnue.jpg

...you'll find something...

290y1qb.jpg

...that makes it look like you did it on purpose...

jkfzut.jpg

...other than for exercise...

2wgapzo.jpg

...and the view isn't bad...

11vglzc.jpg

...except for all this sunlight!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top