Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    edited December 2013
    Reach, thanks for sharing that beautiful card! and, of course, for the uploaded manor. Downloaded and recommended! I'm hoping to have time to actually go into my game and find a spot in Dragon Valley for it...but that might have to wait til the 26 or 27th.

ooohhhh, a mod for plucking fairy wings off....er, I mean, what a great mod! thank you so much for sharing the info. I didn't spend too much time checking it out, but as long as it plays nicely with Over watch and error trap, I will most likely add it. You are the best!!!

• Options
    Cinjan1969Cinjan1969 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2013
    xSorcier wrote:
    I want to send an enormous thanks to Cinjan1969 for generously gifting me with Aurora Skies :D

You're welcome. Hope it helps with whatever you choose to create!
  • Options
    xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited December 2013
    Welcome to our thread Cinjan1969 :) I was even more surprised today when I received your gift message! Thank you very much for those gifts. I really wish you have a lot of FUN in Côtes d'Ambonnay.
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited December 2013
    Reach: it was such a joy to pour over every detail of Armagnac Manor, as I know Battersea Merchant's House so well!! I love that you kept so much of the original...all I believe...and added between rooms and beyond rooms and new outbuildings. I knew the slope in the rear back was due to its location in the Cotes d'Ambonnay world, and appreciate that you wisely made that area less structured to adapt to any world, as I had to put it down and play now, of course :D

Thrilled that the perfect garden, nectars, and the original details are there and amazing recolor on the Minus One Kelvin fridge!! I knew it was right away as I use it often in my own work, but your recolor practically hides it and it is such a lovely gift! I adore the stable and hayloft, and the 'castle' tower is sooo charming! Is that one of the spots open to interpretation (I imagine a child's play house) or is there an historical significance to the pole inside of which I am not aware?

The basement is huge and has SO many possibilities! Terrific how the house is deepened in such subtle perfect ways, one would not know it if one had not been an avid fan of the original :) I hoped you'd keep the barrel and stove set up as well as the nectar on the counter and was tickled to see the desk in a new space and replaced by ever useful counter space, and the placement of the new nursery allows the second bedroom to hold twin beds, still leaving the final room past the balcony yet another bonus room to customize.

I love it and so appreciated all the work it took to both change it yet leave all the original charm...no easy feat!!

Thank you, Reach!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited December 2013
    @Starsaphire - Thanks and you're most welcome! xSorcier and I want to pass along anything that makes the game more enjoyable and that certainly includes mods.

@Cinjan - welcome to the thread and thank you so very much for the lovely and most generous gift. We don't want to add further to the burden of those who have less store content than we are using but we planned on leaving a space in our gym for those who have the ballet barre set. Now that you have given me the venue, we can build our gym and upload it separately to the Exchange with the ballet set in place. *Hugs* and thanks so much for the kindness. I can use this entire set in other builds so it won't get wasted at all. I sent you a friend request and thanks for following our progress!
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Sharon - When I discovered it, I was very moved by your personal promotion on your My Page of my Battersea Merchant's House. Especially because of your comment on this thread asking for its inclusion, I wanted to place a new version of it in Côtes d'Ambonnay, because I believe this creation deserves to have a home of its own. I always plop it into every world I can *barely* get away with (like Monte Vista) because I love it so! xSorcier was so gracious to plot out for me the lot location I wanted and then to further increase the lot size so I could accommodate some new outbuildings, plus enlarge the house. Bless him!

So the Battersea has had its reincarnation as the Armagnac Manor and now it has a true home in the village of Armagnac but, of course, you also get to play with it now! :XD: I love the Minus One Kelvin fridge too and just had to keep it!

The "castle tower" is actually an historical representation of the moulin: A moulin or glacier mill is a roughly circular, vertical to nearly vertical well-like shaft within a glacier through which water enters from the surface. The term is derived from the French word for mill. [Definition source: Google] If you Google moulin you can check the images page and see some lovely French moulins from centuries ago. They were found on many French manor farms of this era. The fireman's pole was only added for fun for access to an additional floor.

The basement saw much growth after Seasons was released so I could bring the garden indoors. I have since learned to not garden in the winter except for a tiny handful of things so it can be used for anything imaginable.

When I enlarged the house and got rid of the spiral stairs, etc..., I ended up with some extra space on the main floor so the room with the desk is where the Lord of Armagnac Manor receives his tenants for rent payments and keeps his books. I tried to keep most everything true to the original but I did delete a couple store items and replaced them with things xSorcier was using.

The landing on the first floor, above, can be a child's play area if one has many children. I left it open for the player to customize. And I always like to leave extra spaces for the players to make their own changes and additions. I am so very happy that this lot I treasure has lived up to your expectations and I thank you ever so much for requesting the lot be here in the first place! *HUGS* It's been a real pleasure!
  • Options
    trold123trold123 Posts: 23 Member
    edited December 2013
    I just fell in love. This just sooooo :thumbup:

I think the idea of a unpopulated version and a population bank is great, and because it is such a wonderfull world I think that as many as possible should have a chance playing it, so I suggest making a bank with all the residental lots as well. Allthough I love what I have seen so far, I think that the unpopulated version should have only empty lots for residental, cause that way the downloaders can fit the population and amount of households (residental lots) to what their PC can handle.

To be honest I hate my own suggestion, but I know that the reason I hate it is that I am in love and want all I have seen so far, so I also know that if it turns out that I love more than my PC can handle, I for one will appreciate to be able to settle and play with a lesser version instead of no version of your world at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Trold - Thank you for your input on our project and a hearty welcome to the thread! :D

I will say this; we will take your opinions under consideration. If time allows, we just might be able to release a Côtes d'Ambonnay - Lite Version, after the full version is released. No promises but we will consider it. There are advantages to doing so, especially because of multiple players' input on the full version.

I don't believe we would take the time to upload to any site every single lot as there will be somewhere between 150 and 200 of them. My guess is that a few dozen of these are empty but we have also taken many empty lots and simply stuck some trees on them and maybe a wee bit of landscaping so the world does not look so ugly and empty with blank lots all over the place, not to mention all those map tags. :XD:

Also, we will be uploading some lots that will not be part of the released world. For example, xSorcier has plans for us to build a roller coaster for the world and that build would only be available as an individual lot as we do not want to add the Boardwalk content to the world. Those who own the Boardwalk set can add it if they so desire. We will see what we can do as time goes by. Thanks again.

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited December 2013
    You both are truly talented this is an awesome looking world! I will be looking forward to its release! Happy Holidays to you both
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Welcome to our thread Flstrider and thank you for your awesome compliment. Happy Holidays :)

And just to let you all know we are half way done with the Badlands area!! YAY!! So happy :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, flstrider! Same to you and all the best on your own lovely project, Portaloosa Falls! :D

To all - Brennachan, a friend of mine, has asked that we add this trio of sisters to the bank of households for our world.

Three Vampire Sisters - Lots of Maxed Out Skills

original.jpg

Description: Marishka, Aleera and Verona are three vampire sisters, turned many centuries ago, in their homeland of Romania. All the sisters have mastered the skills of: Charisma (to better charm their victims), Mixology (to ply their victims with nectar), Alchemy (for power over their victims) and Riding (because that was mode of transportation in their original lifetimes). CAP and CC free.

Because these gals have been played already, we could never package them with the world even if we wanted to but with their skill levels they are a real asset to add to the game. Household Funds = $519,000

For our world they might need a few clothing adjustments but they can afford it. :XD:
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited December 2013
    Reachsims wrote:
    To all - Brennachan, a friend of mine, has asked that we add this trio of sisters to the bank of households for our world.
    Three Vampire Sisters - Lots of Maxed Out Skills

Thank you so much Reach!

I actually love to make households and I love to skill up based on the story behind the household so, if you have any specific needs for this project, I am happy to create some households specifically for your world. Let me know!

Such beautiful builds in here! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi Brennachan! Welcome to our thread :) I'm so glad to have that household in our Bank of Households, your sims are looking GREAT!! :D Thanks a lot for those.

Your Three Vampire Sisters are now on the list hosted in the first page.
  • Options
    morakemorake Posts: 74 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm terribly, ridiculously excited to see that this lovely world is making good progress. It looks nearly finished already! It's so perfect, really...I might end up playing here forever instead of a "normal" world because it's just too great. I applaud the amount of work, cooperation, attention to detail, and everything else the two of you have put into this. I can't wait.

I just have one question, however - is it possible to release a non-populated version before you take the time to create and collect Sims to put in? I'm one of those people who likes to make their own characters with their own stories, you know?

Anyways, I look forward to every update and picture and whatever. I'm pretty sure I have all the expansions and worlds needed. I don't have many stuff packs, but those items are almost always replaceable. Well, thank you both and good luck with the rest of it! I'll be back periodically to check the progress :D
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yay! Another terribly, ridiculously excited friend of Côtes d'Ambonnay! :XD:

Thank you so very much, Morake, for your wonderful comments regarding our work. Your comments mean a lot to xSorcier and me and we are thrilled that you are enjoying the progress reflected here.

You will be glad to know that we have decided to release a NON-populated version of our world. This will save us a lot of trouble and a couple months of time. For those who might wonder why, everyone plays this game the way they want to. Some players don't want any supernaturals in their game, others want just certain ones and some players play with all types.

By releasing a non-populated version of the game, the players have more control over their population and can pick and choose for themselves what they want. Believe me, xSorcier and I are spending no time on creating Sims, nor collecting them. We both chose to make new avatars back in September, I think, but I didn't get around to uploading mine until lately. I was too busy building stuff. :mrgreen:

We are simply inviting our followers to create the Sims. xSorcier is listing them on this post on the first page to make them easy to find. Trust us. We won't let Sims creation get in the way of us getting the world completed - that is what we are after. Everything else is a lot less important to us. Please consider sharing some of your Sims here and thanks again. :D
    Post edited by Reachsims on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Lovin' the Badlands! All the builds are right on...and that first picture of the house with the tower of windows and the sagging little bridge, is now on my Christmas list!
    Reachsims, please pass me a cookie with sprinkles. :-)

:!: Merry Christmas, Starsaphire!

Uploaded to the Exchange - The Strand

Screenshot-46.jpg

Information from the upload: This lot might not look like much but it does offer some nice amenities for the single Sim, especially those who are at home in their own skin and don't need the company of a crowd. Sleeps one but there's room for another cot in the cellar. Play tested. 15.5K. No 3PCC - verified by CUSTARD.
    Size: 30 x 5

The Strand sits up against the wall in the Badlands but it plays very comfortably. The following images give you an idea of its location and how we are progressing in this park block area in the Badlands. The only lot that is not complete here is a small library xSorcier is working on.

The Chess Tournament Park

The+Chess+Tournament+Park.jpg

The Family Picnic Grounds

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-NSMM8Uc9DXA/UrcHFxik8OI/AAAAAAAAAkc/_rT7mgXOY7k/w700-h436-no/The+Family+Picnic+Grounds.jpg[/img]

The Park Block Area - Right side - the Children's Park is in the center of the screenshot

Badlands+Park+Block+-+1.jpg

The Park Block Area - Left side - on the far left is a spot to catch the Badlands Magic Caravan (the Llama)

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-Cz0HeaIiJv0/UrcHXezow3I/AAAAAAAAAlY/4QydGd1-DEU/w700-h436-no/Badlands+Park+Block+-+2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for those who leave recs for our work! Much gratitude to all our followers and hope the season finds you blessed in health and spirit. *HUGS*
    Post edited by Reachsims on
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited December 2013

Reach, xSorcier, can we have some new stills of Côtes d'Ambonnay (wanting to see more :oops: :mrgreen: ) if possible? No worries though if you guys can't! :thumbup: Thanks again for all of your most incredible work! :)

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited December 2013
    Maybe some would be interested in my medieval castle and family...

My medieval family:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7859966
    The castle does NOT use ITF, but it does show Master Suite, Outdoor Living, and Town Life SPs.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7859965
    Pictures thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/729747.page
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited December 2013
    Love the family and castle, ciane!
  • Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    edited December 2013
    "Mmrrph," *swallows* "Best cookie ever!" The Strand has been downloaded and rec! Thank you so very much, Reach :!:

You guys have captured a dream version of peasants, living huddled next to the great castle wall for protection. The small home lots blend beautifully into the park area. I love the thought of simple folk gathering over a game of chess to share worries about vampires and complain about work and taxes, while barefoot children run, play or swing.

Off Topic: When my kids were little we used to take them to dine at a local restaurant, which served a meal called The Peasant Lunch. The meal consisted of: apple and cheese slices, warm bread and a bowl of cream of chicken soup. The kids used to call it The Pheasant Lunch when ordering, and my hubby and I would chuckle. A year or two later they were telling their friends that pheasant soup was delicious. :roll: I had to smack my own forehead and then break their bubble.

Happy Christmas and Merry Holidays to all :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited December 2013
    Perhaps Dawn of the Dead might fit in with this world for those that want a vampire and unicorn...

Dawn of the Dead and her pet unicorn Daisy Mayhem:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7875438

original.jpg

Dawn of the Dead is an ancient vampire from the dawn of time, who loves the outdoors and being with nature and wild animals. She has mastered charisma, cooking, fishing, riding, alchemy, gardening and nectar making. Her pet unicorn, Daisy Mayhem, has mastered jumping and racing. CAP and CC free.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Reach: The Strand is gorgeous and is making me impatient again :D ...is it March yet? If you want someone to start playtesting the world, I'm so there :mrgreen: I still have to start some medieval sims for the bank, I'm just nervous, as the world is a high standard to meet...which is another good thing about the bank of households...if I miss the mark, no one is forced to use them....whew.

You and xSorcier are making a world above tha sims 3 can do....magic!! :D
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited December 2013
    What a wonderful sim, Brennachan! I love supernaturals and with a unicorn! Even better.

The first household I've created specifically for this world:

deBordeaulx_zpsf19c903c.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7877741

I did use something from Showtime. No CC, but I do use extended sliders and lots of store content.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Uploaded my first sim for this monde magnifique (is that correct? high school French class LOL):

Michael Collier, sim upload:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7878291

screenshot_original.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    :D A super-duper massive thank you to all of our friends that have shared Sims and Sim households with us here today! I have added them all to the Bank of Households on the first page and I cannot thank you enough for these gifts!!! As you must know by now, Reach and I want to get this world out to all of you as soon as possible and your gifts of Sims make this possible. Reach and I like to build - not create Sims. Your gift of Sims and Sim households means you'll have this world sooner. We thank you all and are grateful for your support of this project.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top