Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grant says there will be some good stuff this week

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The problem I have with glass roofs is that if they intersect, you can see one inside the other, they don't end when they meet another roof.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The problem I have with glass roofs is that if they intersect, you can see one inside the other, they don't end when they meet another roof.

Yea I don’t like that either
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    If they DO add burglars in, I hope they won't be such a disappointment as they were in Sims 1. Burglars almost NEVER showed up, and IF they did,they'd always take the cheap TV and nothing else. I was really disappointed with the burglars in sims 1.

I think they were disappointing in every sims we have had so far. If we ever get burglaries again PLEASE let us actually try and fight them or something if we catch them in the act. I always hated how it's impossible to do anything but call the police and that's after trying to wake sims up ten times. It's like they mAde it so sims avoid any queue while the burglary is happening. If they are just gonna be lame like always then I don't care to have it.

You can fight with burglar! In The Sims2 and The Sims3... My sims can do it!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    If they DO add burglars in, I hope they won't be such a disappointment as they were in Sims 1. Burglars almost NEVER showed up, and IF they did,they'd always take the cheap TV and nothing else. I was really disappointed with the burglars in sims 1.

I think they were disappointing in every sims we have had so far. If we ever get burglaries again PLEASE let us actually try and fight them or something if we catch them in the act. I always hated how it's impossible to do anything but call the police and that's after trying to wake sims up ten times. It's like they mAde it so sims avoid any queue while the burglary is happening. If they are just gonna be lame like always then I don't care to have it.

Hilariously so.
    Lots of nice pickings inside.
    Screenshot-751.jpg

But he's a crafty one. He skips the house because it has a burglar alarm:
    Screenshot-752.jpg

He heads for the workshop instead.
    Screenshot-753.jpg

He just didn't anticipate Zoe.
    Screenshot-755.jpg

Screenshot-758.jpg

Screenshot-759.jpg

He's no Selena Savage.
    Screenshot-761.jpg

:lol: Funny.
    Screenshot-762.jpg

Definitely one of my favorite sims.
    Screenshot-763.jpg

Screenshot-764.jpg

Alec can sleep soundly knowing his wife can kick burglar-buttocks.
    Screenshot-765.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sometimes it is something though, like when Kate and Grant (I think) tweeted it would be a good week and then Seasons was announced.

I hope that if it is something, we'll get a patch that brings back an old base game staple like terrain tools (kind of doubtful right now) or burglar NPCs. Or even just fixes/tuning for Seasons.

As I recall, the NPC burglar was just too tramatizing for some players, which was why they left them out. :rage: These are the type of people, who never take the training wheels off their bicycles - too scared of falling!

The terrain tools would be a great addition to the game or (even better) a Create A World program! Something similar to what Sims3 had (though that one didn't get passed the "Beta Version" phase)! How sweet would it be if you could make YOUR OWN Sims4 worlds?!

I can kind of understand the burger thing but I do agree with you some people are too sensitive. My house got Bergeld once I felt violated but in the plus side the sims 2 CAS was released that day so that helped but unfortunately my grandmother died on the same evening worst day ever but I still want buglers in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Folks, let's please keep the personal comments about folks who are for/against burglars in the game out of the forums, please.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    Here's an (obvious) idea, make it optional to have them. Literally turn it on or off within the game.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    CK213 wrote: »

Hilariously so.
    Lots of nice pickings inside.
    Screenshot-751.jpg

But he's a crafty one. He skips the house because it has a burglar alarm:
    Screenshot-752.jpg

He heads for the workshop instead.
    Screenshot-753.jpg

He just didn't anticipate Zoe.
    Screenshot-755.jpg

Screenshot-758.jpg

Screenshot-759.jpg

He's no Selena Savage.
    Screenshot-761.jpg

:lol: Funny.
    Screenshot-762.jpg

Definitely one of my favorite sims.
    Screenshot-763.jpg

Screenshot-764.jpg

Alec can sleep soundly knowing his wife can kick burglar-buttocks.
    Screenshot-765.jpg

LOL! I love how Zoe just quietly slips back into bed like nothing happened.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    This is why it’s a good thing quarterly teasers were binned. He doesn’t indicate anything big there, just some “ good stuff”which can mean anything. It doesn’t mean it’s anything for us.

Why are we to expect a big update to the base game? I see that a lot here and I don’t understand the reasoning behind it. I’m genuinely curious.

The only thing I take is that the Gurus are back at work and Grant likes Rocket League. Everything else is pure speculation and we all know what happens there.

We've had big base game updates 3 years in a row the gendered clothing,toddlers and I forget what else.

No we haven’t? The last big update we had was toddlers which was January 2017.

I'd consider glass roofs and a gardening overhaul kind of a big update.

Those are bound to an ep, gender update and toddlers were 'stand alones'

No, they were added free in the patch for everyone. Just like the gender update and toddlers.

Anywho, I'm happy we got the bug fixes, but I'll try to remember from now on that the Guru's idea of 'Good Stuff' might not equal ours, lol.
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sometimes it is something though, like when Kate and Grant (I think) tweeted it would be a good week and then Seasons was announced.

I hope that if it is something, we'll get a patch that brings back an old base game staple like terrain tools (kind of doubtful right now) or burglar NPCs. Or even just fixes/tuning for Seasons.

As I recall, the NPC burglar was just too tramatizing for some players, which was why they left them out. :rage: These are the type of people, who never take the training wheels off their bicycles - too scared of falling!

The terrain tools would be a great addition to the game or (even better) a Create A World program! Something similar to what Sims3 had (though that one didn't get passed the "Beta Version" phase)! How sweet would it be if you could make YOUR OWN Sims4 worlds?!

This was debunked by Grant I think, however there is no need to kick down on sensitive people....
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    So where's this "Good Stuff" again?

It better be some kind of reveal for Thursday or something.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    The Good Stuff was them taking a cheat that became fundamental to gameplay because of how often the sims get stuck away from us, then giving it back to us haha

but hopefully im wrong
  • Options
    Reksoh wrote: »
    The Good Stuff was them taking a cheat that became fundamental to gameplay because of how often the sims get stuck away from us, then giving it back to us haha

but hopefully im wrong

Well that was pretty lame then if it was
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Fixes ARE good stuff - you know. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Fixes ARE good stuff - you know. LOL.

For a monthly patch, it offered little to nothing of the bigger and more problematic bugs plaguing the game since Seasons. The Reset cheat was the only "good stuff" there was in that patch, only for the fact it was one of the major and general bugs that needed to be fixed; but a fix is still a fix, even if tiny.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

The patch is all were getting this week. I posted SimGuruKate on twitter saying that the patch was what Grant meant by Good Week on page 2.
  • Options

The patch is all were getting this week. I posted SimGuruKate on twitter saying that the patch was what Grant meant by Good Week on page 2.

Oh. Well then.
  • Options
    SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
    I doubt we're getting any packs or anything since Seasons was released so recently. Grant doesn't hint too often, so my guess would be that he was talking about being more active on twitter now that they're back from vacation, a patch release, or maybe some things internal within the company. One can hope though
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2018
    SimmerSam wrote: »
    I doubt we're getting any packs or anything since Seasons was released so recently. Grant doesn't hint too often, so my guess would be that he was talking about being more active on twitter now that they're back from vacation, a patch release, or maybe some things internal within the company. One can hope though

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    "good stuff" , I wasn't naive since they announced some quarters could get no paid content.

I expect no new content (paid or free) during the Summer vacation, only fixes are planned.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Well I'm happy with any fix to be honest.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Bet they are making the Demo for Gamescom next month - that black fabric skirt on the desk seems very telling - a hint maybe - atmospheric hint..... or maybe just wishful thinking on my part. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member

I don’t think it was “just” a meeting - Grant said they were presenting a demo. Presumably new gameplay demo. It may have been included with other topics, like Kate’s presentation, but I still think they were teasing a new pack of some sort.

Of course, take that with a grain of salt. I imagine the gurus are always working on new gameplay (that is their job, isn’t it?) :p