Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grant says there will be some good stuff this week

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This is why it’s a good thing quarterly teasers were binned. He doesn’t indicate anything big there, just some “ good stuff”which can mean anything. It doesn’t mean it’s anything for us.

Why are we to expect a big update to the base game? I see that a lot here and I don’t understand the reasoning behind it. I’m genuinely curious.

The only thing I take is that the Gurus are back at work and Grant likes Rocket League. Everything else is pure speculation and we all know what happens there.

We've had big base game updates 3 years in a row the gendered clothing,toddlers and I forget what else.

No we haven’t? The last big update we had was toddlers which was January 2017.

Yes they have. 2017 was the 3rd year of really big base game content.

But how? Toddlers was one year, the gender update the year before. That’s two things.
    As I said there was a 3rd update. I just forgot what it was.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    This is why it’s a good thing quarterly teasers were binned. He doesn’t indicate anything big there, just some “ good stuff”which can mean anything. It doesn’t mean it’s anything for us.

Why are we to expect a big update to the base game? I see that a lot here and I don’t understand the reasoning behind it. I’m genuinely curious.

The only thing I take is that the Gurus are back at work and Grant likes Rocket League. Everything else is pure speculation and we all know what happens there.

We've had big base game updates 3 years in a row the gendered clothing,toddlers and I forget what else.

Yes they have. 2017 was the 3rd year of really big base game content.

But how? Toddlers was one year, the gender update the year before. That’s two things.
    As I said there was a 3rd update. I just forgot what it was.

There isn’t. I’ve even checked. We have had free content, but not “something big”
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I think @catloverplayer might be thinking of the pool update we got a long time ago, which I think many simmers consider a “big” update (correct me if I’m wrong, Cat).

Personally I don’t think of it as a big update, as I hardly ever use pools (swimming around in circles isn’t very interesting to me). I think a pool pack of some sort could really help in that area.

Or perhaps Newcrest? I’d consider that a big update. I personally hope we get another free world soon, especially considering how much better worlds have become since Newcrest.

Back on topic, I don’t think we’ll get any “big” update this month. Just bug fixes. I hope once some of the major bugs are addressed they’ll be able to dedicate more time to a free-bee update for us though. :)
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2018
    It means.....nothing. That their week or whatever off is over. They'll be back on Twitter answering questions.

He said that there will be good stuff this week + they will be around. He just said that they ACTUALLYhave some good stuff this week and that they will be talking a lot with us. There is no other interpretation of that!
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sometimes it is something though, like when Kate and Grant (I think) tweeted it would be a good week and then Seasons was announced.

I hope that if it is something, we'll get a patch that brings back an old base game staple like terrain tools (kind of doubtful right now) or burglar NPCs. Or even just fixes/tuning for Seasons.

I dont doubt of terrain tools. Last year a brazilian youtuber that i used to watch had a bug in his game where the terrain looked like it had some alteration by a terrain tool. May be just a bug, but it looked like they just were testing stuff...
  • Options
    I think @catloverplayer might be thinking of the pool update we got a long time ago, which I think many simmers consider a “big” update (correct me if I’m wrong, Cat).

Personally I don’t think of it as a big update, as I hardly ever use pools (swimming around in circles isn’t very interesting to me). I think a pool pack of some sort could really help in that area.

Or perhaps Newcrest? I’d consider that a big update. I personally hope we get another free world soon, especially considering how much better worlds have become since Newcrest.

Back on topic, I don’t think we’ll get any “big” update this month. Just bug fixes. I hope once some of the major bugs are addressed they’ll be able to dedicate more time to a free-bee update for us though. :)

Oh yes that was it Newcrest.
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »
    It means.....nothing. That their week or whatever off is over. They'll be back on Twitter answering questions.

He said that there will be good stuff this week + they will be around. He just said that they actually have some good stuff this week and htat they will be talking a lot with us. There is no other interpretation of that!

They've said good stuff before and we got pack announcements.
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sometimes it is something though, like when Kate and Grant (I think) tweeted it would be a good week and then Seasons was announced.

I hope that if it is something, we'll get a patch that brings back an old base game staple like terrain tools (kind of doubtful right now) or burglar NPCs. Or even just fixes/tuning for Seasons.

As I recall, the NPC burglar was just too tramatizing for some players, which was why they left them out. :rage: These are the type of people, who never take the training wheels off their bicycles - too scared of falling!

The terrain tools would be a great addition to the game or (even better) a Create A World program! Something similar to what Sims3 had (though that one didn't get passed the "Beta Version" phase)! How sweet would it be if you could make YOUR OWN Sims4 worlds?!

I dont think thats why... Vlad is there, being all creepy... More than burglars.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    If they DO add burglars in, I hope they won't be such a disappointment as they were in Sims 1. Burglars almost NEVER showed up, and IF they did,they'd always take the cheap TV and nothing else. I was really disappointed with the burglars in sims 1.

I think they were disappointing in every sims we have had so far. If we ever get burglaries again PLEASE let us actually try and fight them or something if we catch them in the act. I always hated how it's impossible to do anything but call the police and that's after trying to wake sims up ten times. It's like they mAde it so sims avoid any queue while the burglary is happening. If they are just gonna be lame like always then I don't care to have it.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    It's just bug fixes for Seasons, not new content:

• Options
    “Just” fixes. I love fixes! Good news, indeed. :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The things that most bother me about seasons are the joggers freezing to death, all electronics breaking in the rain (even the ones meant for outside), and the thermostat not working in community lots. I'd love to have these fixed before buying Seasons. :0
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

I was hoping for a Pool Stuffpack Announcement.
  • Options

I was hoping for a Pool Stuffpack Announcement.

An announcement would have been fun, I’m sure we’ll get some news soon but Seasons is still fairly new. I’m not desperate for new content yet. :p
  • Options
    SG Kate confirms this patch with bug fixes is the good stuff Grant was talking about
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @Karon I think the difference between NPC burglars and Vampires is that you can CHOOSE TO buy the Vampires Pack or not. With the burglars, it would almost have to be like the "Toddler Update" kinda deal, where they'd be added into the game.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    cloudsky331cloudsky331 Posts: 220 Member
    I think it doesn't mean much. Bug fixes, a small update. With EA's marketing tendency to slightly over-advertise I'd say it's nothing big.
    "Why is nothing in the sims sparkly? They should add a sparkles stuff pack. Sparklepack."
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I think it doesn't mean much. Bug fixes, a small update. With EA's marketing tendency to slightly over-advertise I'd say it's nothing big.

All it meant was today's patch. It was confirmed by SimGuruKate.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

I'd consider glass roofs and a gardening overhaul kind of a big update.

I respectfully disagree, especially considering how easy gardening is now and for some it’s bugged.

But it is a big update nonetheless, gardening is easier now, that's superb, many mechanics have been changed and new interactions have been added, so now it's not as tedious as it was before and managing really big gardens is easier than ever now, also glass roofs must've been somewhat difficult to tackle, especially considering how lighting would be affected and such. Bugs are bugs of course but that doesn't take away the fact that the Seasons Patch was quite a big one.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    MidnightAura -

Well it is awesome in my game - so can't speak for the bugged ones. It did help with gardening to read Carl's updated gardening guide and to discover plants now have a season like they really should have. I like it. Not so easy to make mega - dollars now.

How are glass roofs bugged - really how? That perplexes me. Unless you have issues making roofs to start with - mine seem to work as designed and do what they are supposed to do. I am loving them - although I did hope we could also get skylights - that would have looked amazing with all this lighting - I still love the designs and such and the way the look on Greenhouses and solarium additions.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Catloverplayer the free Holiday pack and the contant additions to it for free are pretty big - especially all together.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    MidnightAura -

Well it is awesome in my game - so can't speak for the bugged ones. It did help with gardening to read Carl's updated gardening guide and to discover plants now have a season like they really should have. I like it. Not so easy to make mega - dollars now.

How are glass roofs bugged - really how? That perplexes me. Unless you have issues making roofs to start with - mine seem to work as designed and do what they are supposed to do. I am loving them - although I did hope we could also get skylights - that would have looked amazing with all this lighting - I still love the designs and such and the way the look on Greenhouses and solarium additions.

I never mentioned glass roofs.

I think gardening now seems easier. Unless mine is bugged. I queued up my sim to do a gardening interaction and he did it whilst he was sleeping. No mods or cc.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    MidnightAura -

I think gardening now seems easier. Unless mine is bugged. I queued up my sim to do a gardening interaction and he did it whilst he was sleeping. No mods or cc.

Nope mine actually go to the garden - never had that happen. Usually after work.

I also do not use CC or mods either. Never in a developing game - not worth all the jumping through hoops especially with monthly patches and even CC gets badly affected - it's not just mods with issues anymore. The only sims game I use CC and mods in is Sims 2 - it's the only one that needs them in my view - mainly recolors and aging control to slow down aging. Never needed either in Sims 3 - and would not even consider any in Sims 4 as it is still being developed.

Well the gardening overhaul and the glass roofs were in the free update - so I assumed it was both. Lol. Sorry.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    MidnightAura -

Nope mine actually go to the garden - never had that happen. Usually after work.

I also do not use CC or mods either. Never in a developing game - not worth all the jumping through hoops especially with monthly patches and even CC gets badly affected - it's not just mods with issues anymore. The only sims game I use CC and mods in is Sims 2 - it's the only one that needs them in my view - mainly recolors and aging control to slow down aging. Never needed either in Sims 3 - and would not even consider any in Sims 4 as it is still being developed.

Well the gardening overhaul and the glass roofs were in the free update - so I assumed it was both. Lol. Sorry.

It’s ok, I’ve not tried glass roofs yet.

I agree about cc and mods, It’s a pain to maintain them. And I use a tiny bit in 2 as you can see from my avatar but none in 3