Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grant says there will be some good stuff this week

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
In case you missed this in the July thread I'm posting it here.

Basically this can mean anything. It might just mean they're communicating a lot with us this week but it can also mean a patch,a big update to the base game or a stuff or gamepack announcement and trailer.

Take this with a grain of salt because it may not be nothing big.

Comments

• Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    It means.....nothing. That their week or whatever off is over. They'll be back on Twitter answering questions.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    It means.....nothing. That their week or whatever off is over. They'll be back on Twitter answering questions.

Fansites are posting on twitter about it. They must think it could be something big.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2018
    They could mean something is happening with the team internally this week. It may have nothing to do with the general public. Sounded to me like a regular ol tweet that has been blown out of proportion.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sometimes it is something though, like when Kate and Grant (I think) tweeted it would be a good week and then Seasons was announced.

I hope that if it is something, we'll get a patch that brings back an old base game staple like terrain tools (kind of doubtful right now) or burglar NPCs. Or even just fixes/tuning for Seasons.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sometimes it is something though, like when Kate and Grant (I think) tweeted it would be a good week and then Seasons was announced.

I hope that if it is something, we'll get a patch that brings back an old base game staple like terrain tools (kind of doubtful right now) or burglar NPCs. Or even just fixes/tuning for Seasons.

This.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Really curious to see what he is talking about don’t want to get my hopes up to high tho
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I hope it's a patch to fix the bugs in game. Maybe a lil something extra but I'm not hoping for anything good. Or potentially they'll an ounce a stuff pack? I'd quite like a new one now that I'm back to playing the game a lot:) guess we'll find out soon enough, usually they announce things on Tuesdays
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Just a bug fix patch is my guess..
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I don't know if it's big but thanks for sharing it @catloverplayer .
    I think if Grant mentioned stuff it's probably more than a poll... Looking forward to finding out. :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member

As I recall, the NPC burglar was just too tramatizing for some players, which was why they left them out. :rage: These are the type of people, who never take the training wheels off their bicycles - too scared of falling!

The terrain tools would be a great addition to the game or (even better) a Create A World program! Something similar to what Sims3 had (though that one didn't get passed the "Beta Version" phase)! How sweet would it be if you could make YOUR OWN Sims4 worlds?!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member

As I recall, the NPC burglar was just too tramatizing for some players, which was why they left them out. :rage: These are the type of people, who never take the training wheels off their ...

This was debunked by Grant in a tweet, so it's not true.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Maybe a patch. with some "good stuff" like another limited time Jasmine Holiday event.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    This is why it’s a good thing quarterly teasers were binned. He doesn’t indicate anything big there, just some “ good stuff”which can mean anything. It doesn’t mean it’s anything for us.

Why are we to expect a big update to the base game? I see that a lot here and I don’t understand the reasoning behind it. I’m genuinely curious.

The only thing I take is that the Gurus are back at work and Grant likes Rocket League. Everything else is pure speculation and we all know what happens there.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I prefer not having my expectations high.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    This is why it’s a good thing quarterly teasers were binned. He doesn’t indicate anything big there, just some “ good stuff”which can mean anything. It doesn’t mean it’s anything for us.

Why are we to expect a big update to the base game? I see that a lot here and I don’t understand the reasoning behind it. I’m genuinely curious.

The only thing I take is that the Gurus are back at work and Grant likes Rocket League. Everything else is pure speculation and we all know what happens there.

We've had big base game updates 3 years in a row the gendered clothing,toddlers and I forget what else.
  • Options
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I hope it's a patch to fix the bugs in game. Maybe a lil something extra but I'm not hoping for anything good. Or potentially they'll an ounce a stuff pack? I'd quite like a new one now that I'm back to playing the game a lot:) guess we'll find out soon enough, usually they announce things on Tuesdays

Crosses fingers it's a Pool Stuffpack Trailer and announcement. Since there was no teaser yesterday it will probably come Tomorrow with the Trailer on Thursday if this is what it is.
  • Options

We've had big base game updates 3 years in a row the gendered clothing,toddlers and I forget what else.

No we haven’t? The last big update we had was toddlers which was January 2017.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Updates were one of the things that were mentioned to be coming in the future, along with a lot of player requested content. I know that quite recently, Grant said they were going to look into improvements in CAS because it's getting squashed and difficult to sift through with only two columns. Nothing is ever guaranteed, of course, but it's good to know that they are at least fiddling around with ideas from our feedback and seeing what changes are possible.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

I'd consider glass roofs and a gardening overhaul kind of a big update.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options

Yes they have. 2017 was the 3rd year of really big base game content.

• Options

Those are really small updates. I consider something like cars or terraforming big updates.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member

Those are bound to an ep, gender update and toddlers were 'stand alones'
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    If they DO add burglars in, I hope they won't be such a disappointment as they were in Sims 1. Burglars almost NEVER showed up, and IF they did,they'd always take the cheap TV and nothing else. I was really disappointed with the burglars in sims 1.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options

Yes they have. 2017 was the 3rd year of really big base game content.

But how? Toddlers was one year, the gender update the year before. That’s two things.
  • Options

I respectfully disagree, especially considering how easy gardening is now and for some it’s bugged.